Mini 1353 - Dr. Who Mafia - The End of Time (Game Over)

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:39 pm

Post by Korlash »

When you talk about the Doctor, it feels like it will never end. But, however hard you try, you can't do it forever... Sigh... At some point you need to do some
archeology
er... mafia... >.>
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by Zang »

GreyICE is obviously lying.

Iecerint- Do you believe his claim?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:03 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Given that GreyICE basically claimed Agatha Christie, and it's totally conceivable that she's in this game and investigative, and he elaborated in that fashion after I had already pointed out that I was waiting to see whether he was joking, I believe his claim. It would make no sense for him to follow-up a joke with a softclaim like that.

Page 1 daycopping is awful, but GreyICE appears to have developed a funky reputation lately, so meh, and whether the play was awful doesn't change that it found you guilty.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:42 pm

Post by Korlash »

You think that he sent in a day investigation 4 minutes after the day started and the mod sent him back a result?

Agatha Christie's chance at being in this game is slim to none, I have a list of like 25 names that could be here and she was not on it. Now it's not inconceivable, I can see MoS doing it, I totally can... but what are the chances she is our cop over someone like Jack? Or Sarah Jane? or hell, one of the main companions(Donna makes the most sense imo)? Hell, I would have had Madame de Pompadour as a possible power role over Agatha...

And a day cop? ... Actually I have no argument for this... It seems strange to me but I don't know the range that day cops are normally used in. Do they appear in minis often?

Timing and flavor suggest he is lying, Setup... Probably doesn't say anything. His post 36 itself suggests he is lying. What type of person legitimately claims a role(that nets us scum) but only hints at character name? There is no reason a real town cop who found scum AND had already outed himself would hide any details about his role (flavor wise).

@ Zang: Do you and ICE have a history that would explain this?

@ Ice: If this claim of yours is legit, tell us now, claim your flavor, and explain to me (as best you can) the timing of your investigation...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Day Cops are not particularly rare in Theme games in my experience, no. I don't think the timing is out of the question, either, given what I know about MoI.

I think your flavor-outguessing can work both ways, because fakeclaims/jokes are just as likely to be based on the kind of reasoning you cite. For example: Why would GreyICE go for Agatha Christie if he was making a joke (putting aside for a moment the question of why he'd go this far at all)? It's more likely that he went for such a character because it's his actual role.

Heck, I had to sit and reflect on who he meant for a good 10-20 seconds, and I like her episode enough that I used it to introduce a friend to the series once.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I guess it's possible that he has an Agatha Christie fakeclaim, and that's why he had it on his mind, but that's something to fuss over D2 or later, if ever.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Post by Korlash »

Banna wrote:I think your flavor-outguessing can work both ways, because fakeclaims/jokes are just as likely to be based on the kind of reasoning you cite. For example: Why would GreyICE go for Agatha Christie if he was making a joke (putting aside for a moment the question of why he'd go this far at all)? It's more likely that he went for such a character because it's his actual role.

Not really. [delete]

I just wrote out a bunch of shit and realized if he is lying scum I told him too much. Remind me to come back to this after ICE has finished his claim, kay?

Banna wrote:I guess it's possible that he has an Agatha Christie fakeclaim, and that's why he had it on his mind, but that's something to fuss over D2 or later, if ever.

I assume you mean 'safeclaim' as in given by the mod. Yes, that is something I covered, although if she is the best safeclaim MoI could muster I am disheartened a little bit... ;_;

I would actually admit it's far more likely she is an actual role than a safeclaim, although I would only peg her as vanilla tops.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Yeah, that's what I meant.

I guess I'll see your thoughts in detail later, but I would caution you against playing too much of a "How would I construct this game were I making it?" game (because it looks like your thinking may be based in that). "What is known about how this game is constructed?" is a more useful question IMO, to the extent that /outguess is useful at all.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Post by kortul »

It is somewhat hard to read so far since i haven't seen a single episode of the series (even checked with MoI to see if this is an issue). If the trend continues i will have to study it more after all, it seems.

As for the GreyICE claim - why argue whether it is an RVS joke or not if the author is still with us? Korlash finally asked him a direct question, which is the correct thing to do atm, i think.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:20 am

Post by Korlash »

kortul wrote:It is somewhat hard to read so far since i haven't seen a single episode of the series (even checked with MoI to see if this is an issue). If the trend continues i will have to study it more after all, it seems.

Eh, Teircey is right. Eventually we'll start dropping the Doctor references to 2 per page and get into a straight up
omelet bar
, er... mafia game... So no worries... Although, if you're into a great show with the best ever everything and also stuff that is exciting and awesome then I would recommend watching it... I mean, where else do you get great diologue like "The angels have the phone box"? You don't see that on NCIS... well, ok... there was that one episode...

And what do you mean, finally? I asked him a direct question back on page one... Not my fault he took so long to answer it.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:46 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Vote Count 1.1 - As of post 60

New Teeth

Iecerint (1) - Tierce
GreyICE (2) - Zang, Starbuck
Greenknight (1) - Acosmist
Korlash (2) - kortul, Greenknight
T-Bone (1) - triangle123
Zang (3) - GreyICE, jasonT1981. Iecerint

Not Voting (3) - Korlash, T-Bone, CryMeARiver

The Current deadline is July 17, 2012 at 10:00 am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-07-17 10:00:00).

With 13 active votes - 7 are required to lynch.

Activity Check - All currently good.

Mod Notes -
I will be LA this weekend. I will be making updates but may be slow to respond to PMs.

jasonT1981 is V/LA Saturday 6/30 and Sunday 7/1.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:44 am

Post by Zang »

Korlash wrote:@ Zang: Do you and ICE have a history that would explain this?

Yes, Completely. We both hate the other's playstyle and usually want them lynched.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:02 am

Post by Starbuck »

So this could be a deliberate farce just because GreyICE hates your playstyle?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:29 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

The fact Zang/Gray have history is reason for Gray to investigate him off the bat.

It is also a reason why he would lie.... I believe this to be the case.

GrayICE are you prepared to go into a 1vs1 with Zang day 1... IE we lynch him and he flips town, we lynch you tomorrow for being proven to be lying?

Am also thinking GrayICE maybe a 3rd party lyncher.
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:47 am

Post by greenknight »

Gray is probably faking, but Zang is taking the fact that people are voting him based on an "obvious lie" from a player he has history with too calmly imo.

Vote: Zang
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:25 am

Post by Zang »

In post 64, greenknight wrote:Gray is probably faking, but Zang is taking the fact that people are voting him based on an "obvious lie" from a player he has history with too calmly imo.

I understand why people are voting for me and as long as I don't get too close to being lynched, I'm fine with it. I might have even voted if it was somebody else. I just know that it's a lie because I know the history that GreyICE has with me (aside from the fact that I know that I'm town). The best thing for me to do now is to wait until GreyICE next posts.

How is it scummy to be too calm with the votes against you?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:29 am

Post by greenknight »

In post 65, Zang wrote:
How is it scummy to be too calm with the votes against you?

As a townie, if someone made an obvious joke claim against me and people started taking it seriously I'd be pissed.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:08 am

Post by Zang »

In post 66, greenknight wrote:As a townie, if someone made an obvious joke claim against me and people started taking it seriously I'd be pissed.

If you were scum, you wouldn't be?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:27 am

Post by kortul »

In post 59, Korlash wrote:Although, if you're into a great show with the best ever everything and also stuff that is exciting and awesome then I would recommend watching it... I mean, where else do you get great diologue like "The angels have the phone box"? You don't see that on NCIS... well, ok... there was that one episode...
Consider me persuaded to give it a try. Is it worth to start from the beginning (First Doctor), or are those seasons independent and later seasons will give better initial impressions? (will be watching with a wife and kid).

In post 61, Zang wrote:Yes, Completely. We both hate the other's playstyle and usually want them lynched.
Zang, can you make a short description of GreyICE playstyle for us and why do you hate it?

We are still missing CryMeARiver, and out of those who posted i don't like T-Bone posts, have a feeling that he just skipped RVS.
VOTE: T-Bone
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:44 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Iec wrote:I respond to iec, ice (very comon misspelling), yerk, and iecerint.

I prefer that we avoid "ice" because it'll inevitably be confused with GreyICE.

This. QFT. Or call GreyICE - Grey.

Lots of flavor talk...am I the only non-Whovian here? I've got a feeling I'll be persecuted for this. (PEDIT: I'm not alone - thanks kortul.)

Post 42 shows me that reading Korlash will be fun this game. But his 53 makes him protown.

Interesting everyone is taking sides on Grey's "claim" without directly asking him if he's fucking around. (PEDIT: Again, kortul has the same idea) Iec seems to be the only one that believes him. Jason doesn't, Korlash doesn't, Tierce doesn't seem to, I don't. Others seemingly ignored what was happening, which I take to mean they don't believe it either.

Iec wrote:
Day Cops are not particularly rare in Theme games in my experience, no.
I don't think the timing is out of the question, either, given what I know about MoI.

This is not true. Why do you say this?

jasonT1981 wrote:The fact Zang/Gray have history is reason for Gray to investigate him off the bat.

GrayICE are you prepared to go into a 1vs1 with Zang day 1... IE we lynch him and he flips town, we lynch you tomorrow for being proven to be lying?

Ew, bad posting.

greenknight wrote:Gray is probably faking, but Zang is taking the fact that people are voting him based on an "obvious lie" from a player he has history with too calmly imo.

More bad posting. It's actually a scumtell if he overreacts to a few votes on something he knows is a lie. If he were getting defensive, that'd be scummy. What he's doing is reacting as someone would if they know they're in no danger because the other person is lying. (Even if I'm not convinced that Zang himself is sure Grey is lying.)

I don't like greenknight's made-up scumtell or the fact that he's bandwagoning despite admitting Grey is faking.

Vote: greenknight

@kortul: Is this post scummy since I largely ignored RVS as well then?
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:07 am

Post by Tierce »

CMAR is right--daycops are definitely not that prevalent in themes. Daycop
jokes
are much, much more common.
In post 63, jasonT1981 wrote:The fact Zang/Gray have history is reason for Gray to investigate him off the bat.

Do you want fries to go with that fence and water-testing? First you're saying that Grey has good reason to investigate Zang. Then that he can also be lying. Then you go on about a 1v1 that is OBVIOUS if Grey is telling the truth and makes no sense if he's not, so you're just testing how strong is the animosity between them. And end with a ridiculous lyncher notion, because everyone lynches off daycop claims on D1. :roll:

You're hardly inexperienced, jason. Why this post?
The protown behavior-reactions would be likely to be: 1) dismiss it as an obvious joke or 2)
ask
. You chose 3) sowing confusion.

Let's see if you understand what else is behind door #3:
UNVOTE: Iecerint
VOTE: jasonT1981
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:11 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

In post 70, Tierce wrote:CMAR is right--daycops are definitely not that prevalent in themes. Daycop
jokes
are much, much more common.
In post 63, jasonT1981 wrote:The fact Zang/Gray have history is reason for Gray to investigate him off the bat.

Do you want fries to go with that fence and water-testing? First you're saying that Grey has good reason to investigate Zang. Then that he can also be lying. Then you go on about a 1v1 that is OBVIOUS if Grey is telling the truth and makes no sense if he's not, so you're just testing how strong is the animosity between them. And end with a ridiculous lyncher notion, because everyone lynches off daycop claims on D1. :roll:

You're hardly inexperienced, jason. Why this post?
The protown behavior-reactions would be likely to be: 1) dismiss it as an obvious joke or 2)
ask
. You chose 3) sowing confusion.

Let's see if you understand what else is behind door #3:
UNVOTE: Iecerint
VOTE: jasonT1981

This is precisely exactly what I meant by:
CMAR to jason's Post wrote:Ew, bad posting.

;)

No but seriously, the fencesitting and the awful lyncher notion were what I was referring to. Not sure if the idea of lynchers or the idea of daycops is worse.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:23 am

Post by Zang »

kortul wrote:Zang, can you make a short description of GreyICE playstyle for us and why do you hate it?

I haven't played with him in a while but from what I can remember, he is very overly aggressive.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:26 am

Post by Tierce »

Interlude:
In post 68, kortul wrote:
In post 59, Korlash wrote:Although, if you're into a great show with the best ever everything and also stuff that is exciting and awesome then I would recommend watching it... I mean, where else do you get great diologue like "The angels have the phone box"? You don't see that on NCIS... well, ok... there was that one episode...
Consider me persuaded to give it a try. Is it worth to start from the beginning (First Doctor), or are those seasons independent and later seasons will give better initial impressions? (will be watching with a wife and kid).

You'll probably want to start with something that is not horribly dated. While there are some cool Old Who stories, they are very particular to the British society of that time and the moral values are all skewed.

I actually started with the Tenth Doctor (David Tennant) and the first episode I watched was
Blink
(because I was tired of not getting the "Don't blink. Don't even blink." meme :shifty:). I watched his three seasons, moved onward to the season of Matt Smith/Eleven that was then available, and finished with the lone Eccleston/Nine season. (Woop woop timey wimey chronology all over the place). I suggested starting at the
beginning
of an actor's run, since there are usually semi-complex story arcs, but which Doctor you pick is up to you.

Oh, and you should vote jason. You too, Zang. Think of him like a hungry swarm of Vashta Nerada getting too close to your spacesuit.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:31 am

Post by Zang »

The simile is tempting but I'm going to wait until GreyICE posts first.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”