Mini 1531 ~ Mafia Pinnipedum (Game Over!)

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:51 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 1648, Garmr wrote:soon after I replaced out I found that cabd was scum
I would like to know how you learned this. Who was talking about an ongoing game?
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1616, Kazekirimaru wrote:PA, feel free to release our Mason QT.
Mason QT here
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Mara, I'd love to see what you're referencing in your last post in the dead QT.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

lld posted about 3x more post-game than she did in-game

thats great
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1606, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1604, Malakittens wrote:
In post 1599, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'll tell you what, if you get the chance to neighborize Penguin in a game I'm in, because I haven't policy lynched her day 1, I'll lynch you day 2.

If you really want the paranoia that badly.
Yeah, no. If I'm in any game ill be 100% against this.

She did make a mistake, but that doesn't mean policy lynch. Maybe not taking her claims at face value is deserved, but a policy lynch no.
Oh hey, you were in this game?
I just saw this and wanted to remind you about glass houses and stones.

Mala was entirely the in back seat, but I'll be damned if it wasn't some of her "casual" posts that helped me win penguin over in the first place. Not to mention that this hydra, once we saw it drew scum, was somewhat of a "let mala into cabd's head and learn his scum style" venture.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Come talk to me when you spend 2 weeks at your physically and emotionally abusive family's home over the holidays while constantly having to pretend to be someone your not and be misgendered the entire time.

Then tell me exactly how much motivation you will have for a game, and how hard it is to get back into the game, and then once you DO get back in, have the best fucking reads in the game.

Glass houses indeed.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:16 pm

And you know how I feel about hydras, so I'm not even going to get started on that.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:24 pm

Post by Cabd »

And you're assuming malakittens had zero IRL shit going on because.....?

And your personal life is relevant to being condescending to mala because...?
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:31 pm

In post 1657, Cabd wrote:And you're assuming malakittens had zero IRL shit going on because.....?

And your personal life is relevant to being condescending to mala because...?
What makes you assume I was being condescending? I actually didn't know she was your hydra partner when I posted that.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Like seriously get a fucking grip buddy.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Post by Plum »

Lady Lambda, I wish I had a hug emoticon for you <3
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:49 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:49 pm

In post 1660, Plum wrote:Lady Lambda, I wish I had a hug emoticon for you <3
You're too kind.

I basically kept myself out of this game, because that environment is super toxic for me, and I didn't want that toxicity to spill over into the game. I'm trying to stop being so angry all the time.

thank you for the support ^_^

P-Edit: Nya~ =^_^=.

Also I love K-On

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:43 pm

Post by Garmr »

Good luck Lady Lamb Transitioning. It can be hard as I have seen a friend go through it and it was extremely hard for him (He still can't decide on a male name). if you ever need someone to talk to I am here. Even through I have no possible idea how hard it is to transition I can at least listen.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:46 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 1614, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Oh god Memento Mafia, GreyICE and I got fucking steamrolled by Fate and MoI that game.
MOI did jackshit that game just a reminder~
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 1640, Garmr wrote:The grudge was formed ingame and has been left behind. It wasn't playing against my win condition because I did it in such a way my slot wouldn't get lynched.
this probably isnt true, our slot was the only slot defending you and even then I had questioned nacho about his read on you. (well, more magua I guess?) I though you were ok, but I defintely didnt feel stongly about your alignment even when you did replace out the wau you did. It was mw trusting nacho on his read on you.

how did you learn of cabds alignment, anyway?

DDD: the gamd is locked and I don't feel like c/ping from my phone but game of reference was Xenolouge. there was a point in that game where I argued andytown, and you argued andyscum and the argument that you had used was that ypu were aware oc ypir town meta and had been suplicating that in your scum games. The fact that the argument was made, and knowing that you can play townDDD with my expectation of DDDtown making q mark on a game and that being mostly absent didnt really help my paranoia at all
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Sixty
Sixty
Goon
Sixty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by Sixty »

There is something else to this game.

Lions, Seals and Walruses oh my!

With all the images we had for votecounts, a lot that we didn't use, and some photoshops that did not make it in through the final setup design.

Also, woof.
walr~ooooooooooo~f.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 1583, Sixty wrote:Last, I'd like to mention that people seem to be pretty relaxed about replacing out these days.
Playing Mafia games is a commitment, and replacement is not in the spirit of the game.
Replacing out for casual reasons like what were given in this game is
not excusable
. In the spirit of this, players should not be requesting for others to replace out*.
I really shouldn't have replaced out, but honestly, I had fallen behind in this game, and it was hard for me to grasp what was going on. I tried to re-read, knowing that I usually don't have fun re-reading games (I've never been a fan of reading games I'm not in, which is why I rarely replace into games and rarely use meta outside games I was in).

And I've always thought the golden rule was to have fun. Yes, I do understand that it's a commitment to join a game, and I do understand if I would be banned from joining any of Vi's games for a while because of the instability of my slot in this game...but I wasn't having fun, and I figured someone else would've had more fun in my slot in this game. Someone else would give the slot more attention than I was giving it. And I've never been a fan of players that complain that their play was worse for outside reasons...that's exactly what I was doing.

When I joined, I had full intention of playing all the way through, I was psyched to play with the player list, but I didn't anticipate meta coming into play, lack of interest, etc.

Okay, apology over. You don't have to feel sorry for me, but I do want to say I'm sorry for inconveniencing the game and understand the ill-will toward me because of it.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 1667, Does Bo Know wrote:And I've always thought the golden rule was to have fun. Yes, I do understand that it's a commitment to join a game, and I do understand if I would be banned from joining any of Vi's games for a while because of the instability of my slot in this game...but I wasn't having fun, and I figured someone else would've had more fun in my slot in this game. Someone else would give the slot more attention than I was giving it. And I've never been a fan of players that complain that their play was worse for outside reasons...that's exactly what I was doing.
The golden rule is
not
to have fun. Yes, it's a game. But it's also a
psychological
game. Part of the scum's goal is to ensure the Town is so demotivated with their circumstances that they do not have the drive to read the game, to lynch well, to form Townblocks, etc. That can include deliberately sowing apathy. Replacing out because you're not having fun is not an acceptable excuse. If you're Town and you're not having fun, there's probably something in the game that needs fixed, and it's up to the playerlist to do it, not to
quit
. When you replace out, you are abandoning your win condition, so "replacing out for someone to give more attention to the slot" i.e. "for someone to be more proTown" damages a balance that was
deliberately
created
inside
the game with an event from
outside
the game.

If the game is not fun, MAKE it fun. Fight through the apathy. Go up against the scum who are producing it. Yeah, it's hard, but it's a valid scum strategy and your job as Town is to thwart that from
inside
the game. Replacing out because you're not having "fun" is not acceptable in our games and violates the integrity of the game. You made a commitment to play the game when the game started, and it was not a commitment to "play while the game is fun for me".
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

In post 1668, Tierce wrote:
In post 1667, Does Bo Know wrote:And I've always thought the golden rule was to have fun. Yes, I do understand that it's a commitment to join a game, and I do understand if I would be banned from joining any of Vi's games for a while because of the instability of my slot in this game...but I wasn't having fun, and I figured someone else would've had more fun in my slot in this game. Someone else would give the slot more attention than I was giving it. And I've never been a fan of players that complain that their play was worse for outside reasons...that's exactly what I was doing.
The golden rule is
not
to have fun. Yes, it's a game. But it's also a
psychological
game. Part of the scum's goal is to ensure the Town is so demotivated with their circumstances that they do not have the drive to read the game, to lynch well, to form Townblocks, etc. That can include deliberately sowing apathy. Replacing out because you're not having fun is not an acceptable excuse. If you're Town and you're not having fun, there's probably something in the game that needs fixed, and it's up to the playerlist to do it, not to
quit
. When you replace out, you are abandoning your win condition, so "replacing out for someone to give more attention to the slot" i.e. "for someone to be more proTown" damages a balance that was
deliberately
created
inside
the game with an event from
outside
the game.

If the game is not fun, MAKE it fun. Fight through the apathy. Go up against the scum who are producing it. Yeah, it's hard, but it's a valid scum strategy and your job as Town is to thwart that from
inside
the game. Replacing out because you're not having "fun" is not acceptable in our games and violates the integrity of the game. You made a commitment to play the game when the game started, and it was not a commitment to "play while the game is fun for me".
this this this fucking THis
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:22 am

Post by Vi »

Fun side effect - being the person who makes Mafia fun puts you really high on peoples' Awesome charts. That's why we grabbed the people we did to replace in, and it's pretty much the driving force behind why people
omg
at the chance to play with SpyreX.

But, yes. A Mafia game is a commitment and it's not a game for everyone. Dropping out screws up the game state in several ways and lets the rest of the group (particularly the mods) down.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:36 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 1665, Ms Marangal wrote:DDD: the gamd is locked and I don't feel like c/ping from my phone but game of reference was Xenolouge. there was a point in that game where I argued andytown, and you argued andyscum and the argument that you had used was that ypu were aware oc ypir town meta and had been suplicating that in your scum games. The fact that the argument was made, and knowing that you can play townDDD with my expectation of DDDtown making q mark on a game and that being mostly absent didnt really help my paranoia at all
I guess, I think any player worth their salt knows the differences between their town and scum games and if they have any interest in their skill then they try to bring them together so they play identically either way. I mean (I think) I know my own meta but as Selkies mentioned in this game about a newbie game I played recently I don't always live up to the ideal of playing the way I should.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:00 am

Post by Equinox »

Mine?