Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3726 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:18 am

Post by Brian Skies »

We werent that paranoid of desp, actually.

I forgive you desp. Without you I dont even know if town would have made it this far.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3727 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:26 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Good job Rubicon!

That was one hell of a game, it goes into history as the third longest Mini Game! I must say it was a pleasure to play with you guys—no really, I've enjoyed it. Even when I was being accused of being scum (Huh, me?) I felt it was all friendly, the way it should be.

Dat modkill tho.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3728 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:29 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Go away. Let pie do his mod stuff first.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3729 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:30 am

Post by DarkLightA »

/going-away
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3730 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Post by pieguyn »

votecount 5.1 (final)
Red Gyarados (2) - Desperado, Rubicon

Not voting (1) - Red Gyarados

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch. Deadline is September 21, 00:00 GMT-7 or in (expired on 2014-09-21 00:00:00).
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3731 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:41 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Eventually, Saki found Koromo. She was sitting inside one of the unused waiting rooms with Mihoko, setting up an automatic table.

Koromo immediately recognized her as Kiyosumi's captain. Even if she hadn't heard from her teammates that there would be an interesting opponent waiting for her in the final round of the tournament, Saki's aura was enough for Koromo to recognize how strong she was already. She immediately got a devilish smile on her face.

"Kiyosumi's captain."

Saki, flustered that Koromo knew who she was, answered. "Y-y-yes?"

"Mihoko and I are playing a, shall we say, friendly match. Will you join us?"

Saki immediately became overcome with indecision. On one hand, she was excited because she had an opportunity right before her to face one of the strongest players in the country. On the other hand, she was downright terrified - the tournament felt more safe, but anything could happen here. There was something terribly wrong about this, she thought, and she wasn't sure she could survive, let alone win. Eventually she decided to play.

"Yes. B-but..... don't we still need a 4th"?

"Wahaha."

A new voice appeared. That distinctive laugh was none other than that of Kanbara Satomi, who, believe it or not, was Tsuruga Academy's club president, not Yumi. Being the president of her club, she couldn't help but help out in a situation like this, even though she knew she was almost certainly fucked - although she had quite a bit of skill as a player, there wasn't much she could do at all against people with supernatural abilities, and Mihoko had a lot of straight up skill as well.

----------------------------

After the East 3rd round, Koromo had already taken a commanding lead. She had 43,000 points after a direct haneman hit on Satomi on the fourth turn of the hand, who now had just 7,000. And now Koromo was dealer.

"Fufufu."

Saki turned towards her - while she was doing ok with 31900 after winning with (what else?) a Rinshan Kaihou in the 2nd hand, she wasn't anywhere close to winning. She suddenly felt intimidated. No matter what she did, she couldn't win if everyone else kept dealing into Koromo.

"I thought this would finally be an interesting match, especially with Kiyosumi's captain playing. But you are deficient!"

Saki suddenly felt a feeling of hopelessness. Koromo's way of playing had a way of piercing the soul, and this was no exception. Satomi was feeling it too, but she couldn't do anything about it besides laugh in her own distinctive way.

The next hand, Mihoko, Saki, and Satomi all got to iishanten within six turns. Six more turns passed, and no one was able to advance their hand any further. Everyone knew what was coming - Saki had heard it from Hisa, and Satomi had prepared before the tournament by looking at the data of the most notable players, and Mihoko had seen it firsthand last year when Kana was playing. While this wasn't actually the case, the three of them felt like the room was being flooded, as if there was water running past their feet. Immediately, they all thought the same thing:

"One of us needs to call a tile!"

And no one discarded anything that was able to be called by anything else. Despite the fact it was unlikely that would happen, no one thought this was anything but intentional.

As Koromo picked up the 5th to last tile in the wall, she suddenly got a demonic smile on her face. She discarded the same tile and called, "Riichi!", while giggling a bit. Then Koromo picked up the last tile. While everyone was kind of skeptical that such an odd power could even exist, they had a feeling this whole thing was planned from the get go, and sure enough Koromo called, "Tsumo!", indicating she had won the hand.

This was, of course, one Koromo's signature attacks. While winning with the last tile in the wall was in itself special and gave her more points, so was winning on the next turn after calling Riichi. All this combined to not only give her a ridiculously good hand, but absolutely demolish the spirits of the other players, mostly Satomi who was convinced there was nothing she could do about it - Saki and Mihoko were far less likely to lose their fighting spirits, as opposed to the easygoing Satomi. Koromo played this way intentionally, and while good enough players who could fight it could subvert this by never giving up or being let down, it was extremely taxing.

Koromo continued toying with everyone all the way till the last hand. At this point, Satomi looked physically worn out. After all, who wouldn't after being slowly dragged down into the ocean several times, only for the pace to speed up again? Even for someone like her, it was nerve-wracking. And better yet, the same thing was about to happen again - she could already feel the water rising around her from the start of the hand, and she was convinced there was nothing she could do to stop it.

Then Koromo called "Riichi", again on the second to last draw, while discarding the same tile - it seemed she was using the same setup as before. In that instant, Satomi found herself unable to breathe, and passed out. She felt like she had drowned.

Everyone suddenly stopped playing and attended to Satomi. Even Koromo - after all, despite her insanity-inducing way of playing the game, she, deep down, cared about others, especially those who willingly played with her.

Then Koromo started crying.

"Koromo? What's the matter?" Mihoko said.

"I...." it seemed she was so sad she could hardly speak.

"A-am I..... really so awful that other people faint just by playing with me?" Naturally, this upset her. All she wanted was to have fun playing, but when she played naturally, it had this effect on people, which depressed her greatly.

"Koromo..."

"Can people really go insane to that extent, just from playing with me?" She was crying even harder now, and buried her head in Mihoko's shoulder.

"I enjoyed the game, although I am worried about Satomi," Mihoko said.
"Yes, I also had fun..." Saki said.

None of this made Koromo feel any better.

Eventually, Inoue Jun, another Ryuumonbuchi club member, showed up. Saki and Mihoko sought medical attention for Satomi while Jun stayed to comfort Koromo.

"Heyyy... don't let this discourage you. I'm your friend! So are Touka, Hajime, and Tomoki!" The Ryuumonbuchi club was very close-knit, even if Koromo was kind of oblivious to it and instead focused on entirely dominating her opponents in every match she played.

"But..... but!!"

In the end, Koromo wasn't able to overcome what happened to Satomi. Turns out, the next day, Satomi was fine, but for Koromo, even remembering it brought to light the nature of her play.

The tournament was able to continue as usual, but it would take Koromo a while to forget what happened.

6. Red Gyarados,
Kanbara Satomi, Kiyosumi Vanilla
, was kicked out of the tournament D5
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3732 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:45 pm

Post by pieguyn »

3. Desperado,
Tsuyama Mutsuki, Kiyosumi Vanilla
, was ENDGAMED

7. Rubicon,
Inoue Jun, Ryuumonbuchi Goon
, survived to win.

Ryuumonbuchi High, consisting of Rubicon, Drew-Sta, and DarkLightA, has won Mini 1593 - 咲 -Saki- Mafia!
Last edited by pieguyn on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3733 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:48 pm

Post by pieguyn »

and y'all can post

thoughts/actions coming. I'll make the dead PT public; I'll make the mafia PT public if they agree to it

a huge thank you to everyone for playing. I love all of you <3
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3734 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:51 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Now let's all play some mahjong and have some fun.
Dibs on east wind seat.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3735 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:58 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Dead PT:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=58676

Mafia PT:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=58527

Actions:

Night 1:

Sakura Hana (Momoko) investigates zMuffinMan (Miharu) -
succeeds

The Rufflig (Hisa) voyeurs buymechocolates (Saki) -
succeeds

Ki-Gi (Mihoko) protects Sakura Hana (Momoko) -
fails: Sakura Hana (Momoko) is ascetic

buymechocolates (Saki) kills Ki-Gi (Mihoko) -
succeeds

Drew-Sta (Touka) rolecops Ki-Gi (Mihoko) -
succeeds

Rubicon (Jun) kills Sakura Hana (Momoko) -
succeeds

Night 1 results:

The Rufflig gets:
No actions were performed on buymechocolates.

Drew-Sta gets:
Kind personality

Sakura Hana dies
Ki-Gi dies

Night 2:

DarkLightA (Koromo) kills Krystal Bald (Bundou) -
succeeds

Night 2 results:

Krystal Bald dies

Night 3:

Rubicon (Jun) kills zMuffinMan (Miharu) -
succeeds

Night 3 results:

zMuffinMan dies

Night 4:

Rubicon (Jun) kills buymechocolates (Saki) -
succeeds

Night 4 results:

buymechocolates dies
Last edited by pieguyn on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3736 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:05 pm

Post by Nikanor »

In post 3735, pieguyn wrote:The Rufflig gets: No actions were performed on buymechocolates.

I assume the "on" is a typo.

Can you please post the role PMs too?

I probably would have hammered RG myself. Mantis says she wouldn't but it's not like she can undo my hammer vote so.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3737 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:06 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Setup:

Amae Koromo - 1-shot Global Roleblocker [and not] Ikeda Kana - 1-shot Global Roleblocker
Inoue Jun - Goon [and not] Haramura Nodoka - VT
Ryuumonbuchi Touka - Ability Cop [and not] Kajiki Yumi - 1-shot Ability Cop

Miyanaga Saki - 1-shot Anytime Vigilante
Fukuji Mihoko - Limited Doctor
*can't protect the same person more than once

Takei Hisa - Voyeur
Touyoko Momoko - Ascetic 1-shot Cop
Tsuyama Mutsuki - VT
Kataoka Yuuki - VT
Bundou Seika - VT
Yoshitome Miharu - VT
Fukabori Sumiyo - VT
Kanbara Satomi - VT

MODNOTE: cop gets
"xxx
is not aligned with Ryuumonbuchi High.
"
"xxx
is aligned with Ryuumonbuchi High.
"

MODNOTE: voyeur gets
"The following were performed on xxx: {investigate, protect, block, kill, miscellaneous}

MODNOTE: ability cop literally just gets the flavor name of the ability

Role PMs:

Spoiler: Sakura Hana

Touyoko Momoko, Kiyosumi Ascetic 1-shot Cop

Momoko's lack of presence made her go unnoticed by most people, and over time she got used to it - she had no personal interaction with anyone at all and instead played mahjong via LAN with the club that, at the time, had only 3 members. However, deep down she really wanted to be noticed by someone, and her desire was fulfilled by the... unique behavior of Kajiki Yumi. Now, she's going to win for Yumi's sake!

Abilities:

->
Disappearing presence (Ascetic) [Passive, Misc]
- You have a very weak presence, to the extent where the common person can't even see you.
Any active abilities targeting you besides kills will fail.

->
Stealth Momo (Cop) [Active, Night, 1-shot]
- Even if people can't see you, is that necessarily a bad thing? Not being able to be seen by others carries a lot of advantages.
PM me a player. If your action succeeds, you will receive a result saying whether they are aligned with Ryuumonbuchi High or not.

Win condition:

-> You win when all threats to Kiyosumi High are dead and at least one player aligned with Kiyosumi High is alive.

Spoiler: zMuffinMan

Yoshitome Miharu, Kiyosumi Vanilla

Miharu is serious on the outside but cheerful on the inside, and her personality definitely seems to fit her cheerful nickname, "Miharun".

Abilities:

-> None

Win condition:

-> You win when all threats to Kiyosumi High are dead and at least one player aligned with Kiyosumi High is alive.

Spoiler: Desperado

Tsuyama Mutsuki, Kiyosumi Vanilla

Mutsuki has a quiet appearance, but underneath that she's a very reliable person and a skillful player.

Abilities:

-> None

Win condition:

Spoiler: Krystal Bald

Bundou Seika, Kiyosumi Vanilla

Although Seika has a quiet appearance, she tends to worry a lot, in particular about her captain. However, despite this, she'll do anything it takes to improve and win, resulting in her moving from rank 78 in her club all the way up to 5th.

Abilities:

-> None

Win condition:

Spoiler: buymechocolates

Miyanaga Saki, Kiyosumi 1-shot Anytime Vigilante

Saki is a timid girl who, although she has an unpleasant history with mahjong, has a demonic power sleeping inside her waiting to exert its control on the table. Her family has split apart, but deep down she misses her older sister Teru. So she'll stop at nothing to advance to the Nationals to defeat her sister.... awakening the demon and rekindling her love for the game in the process.

Abilities:

->
嶺上開花 - Rinshan Kaihou (Vigilante) [Active, 1-shot]
- Your older sister always taught you you could bloom with all your might.
PM me a player at ANY TIME during the game. That player will die. If you use this ability during the day and your action succeeds, the player will die immediately and the day will continue. If you use it during the night and your action succeeds, the player will die at the end of the night. You may only use this ability once.

Win condition:

Spoiler: Red Gyarados

Kanbara Satomi, Kiyosumi Vanilla

Satomi is the president of Tsuruga Academy's mahjong club, although you can't really tell (and neither can anyone else). She's easygoing and relaxed, not exactly something you'd expect from a club leader.

Abilities:

-> None

Win condition:

Spoiler: Rubicon

Jun is a tomboyish girl who is very tall (even her own team seems to think she's a guy sometimes). She comes off kind of arrogant, but it's all part of the game for her.

Abilities:

->
Ryuumonbuchi (Factional Communication) [Passive, Night, Misc]
- Your mahjong team has banded together and is dead set on advancing to the Nationals for the 2nd year in a row. You and your allies consist of:
  • DarklightA,
    Amae Koromo, Ryuumonbuchi 1-shot Global Roleblocker

• Drew-Sta,
    Ryuumonbuchi Touka, Ryuumonbuchi Ability Cop

You may communicate at ANY TIME here.

->
Eliminate (Factional Kill) [Active, Night, Misc]
- Each night, one member of your faction may kill a player. The person performing the kill may not use any other active abilities that night. Your kill flavor is "eliminated".

Win condition:

-> You win when half the living population is aligned with Ryuumonbuchi High or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Fakeclaim:
The following character is not in the game.

Haramura Nodoka, Kiyosumi Vanilla

Nodoka is a busty girl who doesn't believe in any occult abilities. Naturally, she got knocked out of place a bit after meeting Saki, who defeated her after saying she supposedly hated mahjong, but she and Saki came to love each other and now she's going to win for Saki's sake.

Abilities:

-> None

Win condition:

Spoiler: The Light

Fukabori Sumiyo, Kiyosumi Vanilla

Sumiyo is a quiet girl with a contemporary playstyle - however, beneath that quiet, unassuming facade is a skillful player who is ready to avenge last year's loss of her team.

Abilities:

-> None

Win condition:

Spoiler: The Rufflig

Takei Hisa, Kiyosumi Voyeur

Hisa is a responsible girl who is a great leader - with her foresight, she built the Kiyosumi mahjong club up from ground zero. She is very nervous about the well being of her team, although she doesn't always show it. Deep down, she cares a lot and is grateful for everything, and is going to beat Ryuumonbuchi for the sake of her team!

Abilities:

->
Winning with bad waits (Voyeur) [Active, Night]
- You've always been the type to wait, and you've made it work every time.
PM me a player. If your action succeeds, I will inform you what active abilities were performed on that player that night.

Win condition:

Spoiler: Ki-Gi

Fukuji Mihoko, Kiyosumi Limited Doctor

Mihoko is a loving personality and always places others ahead of herself. Although to the extent that it sometimes has the opposite effect - everyone always worries about her. Oh well, she doesn't seem to mind.

Abilities:

->
Kind personality (Doctor) [Active, Night]
- You are nice towards everyone, and with your kind, nurturing nature, you can make anyone feel better. However, since you watch out for others all the time, no one wants to singlehandedly place too much of a burden on your shoulders.
PM me a player. If your action succeeds, all NK attempts on them that night will fail. If this ability had resolved on that player previously, it would instead do nothing.

Win condition:

Spoiler: Drew-sta

Touka is your typical ojou-sama. She's a very haughty and.... enthusiastic girl who wants all the attention on herself, but that's just her way of showing respect and reverence to others.

Abilities:

->
- Your mahjong team has banded together and is dead set on advancing to the Nationals for the 2nd year in a row. You and your allies consist of:
  • DarklightA,

• yoncé,

->
- Each night, one member of your faction may kill a player. The person performing the kill may not use any other active abilities that night. Your kill flavor is "eliminated".

->
Scout (Ability Cop) [Active, Night]
- As the person who recruited everyone for your mahjong team, you're quite adept at analyzing the skills of other players.
PM me a player. If your action succeeds, I will inform you of the flavor name of ONE non-factional ability that player possesses. If they have multiple abilities, the ability you receive will be determined randomly.

Win condition:

-> You win when half the living population is aligned with Ryuumonbuchi High during the day or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Fakeclaim:

Kajiki Yumi, Kiyosumi 1-shot Ability Cop

Yumi is an extremely level headed girl who, with just her own natural ability, is capable of defeating the two demons of luck. With her level head and excellent leadership skills, she led her team to the prefecturals, picking up Momoko and thinking her way through every situation. While she might appear cold and emotionless at first, she cares a lot about everyone and is going to show everyone the power of the newcomer this year!

Abilities:

->
Strategist (Ability Cop) [Active, Night, 1-shot]
- Although you have no supernatural abilities, you do have a level head and the ability to analyze all the various ins and outs of any situation.
PM me a player. If your action succeeds, I will inform you of the flavor name of ONE non-factional ability that player possesses. If they have multiple abilities, the ability you receive will be determined randomly. You may only do this once.

Win condition:

Spoiler: DarkLightA

Koromo has a cute appearance, but she seems and outright feels like a demon - this is even more so the case when she can dominate anyone with her supernatural ability. But deep down she's a lonely girl who just wants to make friends after the death of her parents. Despite this, she seems oblivious to the way everyone else feels about her, and continues to obliterate every single opponent in the hope that she'll find one who will become her friend.

Abilities:

->
  • yoncé,

• Drew-Sta,

->

->
海底撈月 - Haitei Raoyue (Global Roleblock) [Active, Night, 1-shot]
- With your demonic powers, you have complete control over the field, and can pressure your opponents into failing to achieve their hands. While this manifests on the table as a soul-crushing experience where your opponents can only watch in horror as you win on the last tile, that's not all you got.
PM me stating you wish to use this ability. If your action succeeds, all other active abilities, INCLUDING Eliminate, performed that night will fail.

Win condition:

-> You win when half the living population is aligned with Ryuumonbuchi High or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Fakeclaim:

Ikeda Kana, Kiyosumi 1-shot Global Roleblocker

Kana is a determined, enthusiastic girl who never gives up. Ryuumonbuchi defeated them last year and she'll have absolutely none of that again! Even if she looks and sounds just like a cat...

Abilities:

->
Unwavering Spirit (Global Roleblock) [Active, Night, 1-shot]
- You never, ever, give up, and always remain determined to win until the end. And when you're especially determined, you can overcome any other abilities that might be interfering with our game.
PM me stating you wish to use this ability. If your action succeeds, all other active abilities performed that night will fail.

Win condition:

Spoiler: SXTLHGaiden

Kataoka Yuuki, Kiyosumi Vanilla

Yuuki is a childish, enthusiastic girl. And she really loves tacos above all else, but unfortunately there's no tacos here. ...I think

Abilities:

-> None

Win condition:

Last edited by pieguyn on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3738 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Also, would like to know why we were killed over someone who thought DLA was scum!
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3739 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:11 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 3736, Nikanor wrote:I assume the "on" is a typo.

from what I can tell Rufflig lied about his role. he was really just a voyeur .-.

also bah, I posted an outdated version of the role PMs (the newer version had fixed some formatting errors). oh well, I think it gets the point across anyway
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3740 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Post by Nikanor »

In post 3739, pieguyn wrote:
In post 3736, Nikanor wrote:I assume the "on" is a typo.

from what I can tell Rufflig lied about his role. he was really just a voyeur .-.

Well I meant that it should be "by" if he's a voyeur, and "on" if he was a watcher. :P Your post implied that his action was a watcher action!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3741 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:21 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Heh my guess was right, there was no mention of the opposing team on the role PMs other than mine and obv, scum ones. Not sure if i could've figured out a way to break the game with that tho.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3742 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:33 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 3725, Desperado wrote:Sorry Brian. :facepalm:

Spoiler: for Mollie
I <3 you, can we be friends again?

I <333 you too!!!
whew!
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3743 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:41 pm

Post by pieguyn »

thoughts on the game: sooooo many weird rule violations. the only time I've seen an ongoing game brought up, everyone else in the game knew they couldn't talk about it, but this didn't seem to be the case here. I'm extremely glad I was able to get there quickly as opposed to being busy/asleep (yay for being awake at 6 AM!) in order to minimize the damage done, otherwise we might have been kind of fucked. I've also never been in a situation where someone outright posted part of their role PM. for what it's worth, Drew-sta was NOT turned into a neutral survivor, since this really wasn't his fault, meaning he still wins! I did consider ending the day when he got modkilled, but instead decided to follow the "scum modkill = continue day" policy. I received a few complaints about this, but when you make an error there's really nothing worse than going back later and trying to attempt to fix said error, since that just causes even more problems. I did consult with Equinox and she told me the way I handled it was fine, and it didn't seem to affect the outcome of the game even though it made it way close, so I hope it's not a problem. also, I apologize if it was unclear you couldn't quote the role PMs - if it wasn't clear enough, that's def. on me.

D1 was imo really bad for town with most of the town getting involved in TvT and not budging on any of their reads - Regfan had actually PM'ed me commenting about it and had access to the dead PT but he didn't post anything, and he had predicted whoever was scum had a free win at that point. I think Ki-Gi actually had a really good point that the town was just running in circles - although I love activity, I'm not exactly sure what happened where the game blew up to 94 pages :P incidentally I think we're on the leaderboard for not only 3rd or 4th longest D1 but we're the second longest mini theme game. it is kind of too bad we didn't get first, but oh well~

it got better after Drew-sta died when a lot of the town suddenly snapped on the right track. but by then it was a bit late and not quite enough

if I had to assign MVPs, I think Krystal Bald had the best player reads early game and was obvtown, and then zMuffinMan picked that up later on in the game. (I WANT TO FINALLY PLAY A GAME WITH YOU WHERE YOU'RE OBVTOWN LIKE THIS. even though my play recently has been pretty shit, but I think I'm remembering how to play the game right! maybe) incidentally, the game wasn't actually breakable via flavor. the fake claims were, for the most part, randomized. but as he said in the dead QT, it looked like he wasn't really taking it into consideration. the funny part was Rubicon actually tried to subvert it by claiming a character from Tsuruga Academy, as opposed to one from Kiyosumi High. he was about to claim Mutsuki which was Desp's character, but Kaori wasn't in the game so it would have worked if he picked her. oh well! I lol'd really hard when Sakura brought up the crazy setup I ran on my homesite because this setup wasn't anything like that - I'm kind of notorious for running insane role madness games on my homesite and that's why Sakura and GIF were concerned with the balance back on D1 - but this setup wasn't too weird and just had a few modified roles in it. (plus it should have been kinda obvious given I got the game reviewed) I'd give Rubicon scum MVP cause he was able to ride out the entire game pretty much and win. but these are just my probably wrong thoughts so make of it what you will :3

I'm satisfied with the outcome of the game and tbh I was kind of hoping scum would win. the only reason they had much of a chance of losing in the first place was Drew-sta being modkilled. if he wasn't, he gets lynched, but then town's in a way worse position with an extra scum nightkill and they don't get the extra lynch. scum was able to get the 2 mislynches in they needed anyway, so it would have been kind of up in the air if they lost the LYLO, but they didn't! although I will say pls don't quickvote in LYLO ever again because it hardly ever works and we saw that here ._.

I'd like to apologize for being kind of lazy the last few days and taking forever to write the flavor at various points and post this last scene. eventually I just posted the flips and wrote the flavor in later to make it go faster. incidentally, I woke up at 8 PM today, so that's why I was so late. speaking of that, I hope everyone enjoyed the flavor, if they at least read it :P I'm not very creative and am extremely slow when it comes to writing, so most of it was just me making stuff up with not much coherence

last, again, thank you everyone for playing <3 I really hope everyone enjoyed this game. I was unsure if a game based on an obscure flavor would even fill (hell not even everyone who's familiar with anime/manga knows about this one) and I'm really grateful for everyone. extra thanks to my replacements who made this a hell of a lot easier than it would have been. and thanks Antihero for reviewing. he helped a lot balancing the two teams out and helped improve the setup for sure. and thanks Equinox because I sent her like 5000 questions at various points to make sure I was handling all the situations properly and she was always willing to help out no matter how many things I asked. rofl

btw, zMuffinMan mentioned in the dead QT that a game based on the national tournament arc would make a good role madness game. I'm already one step ahead of you :P
Last edited by pieguyn on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3744 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:46 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 3740, Nikanor wrote:Well I meant that it should be "by" if he's a voyeur, and "on" if he was a watcher. :P Your post implied that his action was a watcher action!

.-.
the way I looked at it, voyeur knows what types of actions were performed on somebody, while a watcher knows who targeted somebody. hence the "performed on on" and I'd use "was targeted by" for watcher. I might be doing this wrong though
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3745 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:50 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Voyeur is a different version of watcher just like follower is a different version of tracker.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3746 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:51 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Also I still think voyeur is like the most silly role ever.

"Hi guys i know that a KILL type of action was performed on this person, TOTES SRS!"
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3747 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:52 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Also KG, why the fuck did you try to protect me despite me claiming ascetic or gambiting commuter, either of the 2 would make your action fail.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3748 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:57 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

oh well now I understand why now kigi claimed
active doc
cos that role claim was pretty confusing at least to me.
whew!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3749 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:58 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3743, pieguyn wrote:I'd give Rubicon scum MVP cause he was able to ride out the entire game pretty much and win

Drew was by far the best player on that team. But congratulations to the other two.

Sorry for getting mislynched for the loss. If I knew I really needed the towncred I would have hammered DLA or something. I don't know.

Thanks for the game and I agree with DLA that it was a really enjoyable one, especially considering how civilized it turned out being.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”