OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3825 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I was even ready to nominate cutty shark for best sk performance.

PoE.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3826 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

yeah oka's play makes sense from what he thought he knew

same as me in xmen when i assumed 6 scum when there were only 5
beefycheese
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3827 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

I actually won a game of mafia! Aww yeahhh.

This was literally the perfect role for me. I got to not post, still scumhunt, and no one cared that I didn't post. Literally perfect.

@F16: I'm sorry, man. I'm sorry that I decided to host you, i think it must suck sorta being scum but not really. But I did my best to kill from whatever scumreads you had. It's one of the reasons why I took you over as a host to begin with. You were A. Masons and B. That mason chat with Tammy, you and ffery was golden. I knew that there would be actual, good analysis going on that I could trust. But also B. is that I knew you wouldn't die night 1 or 2, I really didn't expect you to make it to lylo, but you did, so yay. I really do owe some of my win to you.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3828 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by Nashville Dreams »

Nati -- I'm sorry love, but this should have been full bastard and I'm actually quite wondering how this got into the mini queue with the hidden player. I know it's supposed to be hidden and all, but I didn't even think anything of MafiaSSK until Cabd's post and my spelling it out and it was too fucking late.

fuck everything

I'm getting off this computer and going to watch CSI.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3829 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

F16
I'd like to discuss your townread of me now please
To be clear: quack
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3830 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by Honey bee »

In post 3822, Nashville Dreams wrote:The mechanic is this as Cabd explains it.

there was a hidden 14 player MafiaSSK.
He was controlling F16?? and submitting Nk's as a hidden SK.

It was supposed to be a slendermen thing. My camera / results were supposed to catch it, but i thought it was flavor.

god damn i'm sorry guys.

That and that f16 received messages that he didn't know what he did the previous night.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3831 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Post by fferyllt »

my bork read was golden.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #3832 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 3827, MafiaSSK wrote:I actually won a game of mafia! Aww yeahhh.

This was literally the perfect role for me. I got to not post, still scumhunt, and no one cared that I didn't post. Literally perfect.

@F16: I'm sorry, man. I'm sorry that I decided to host you, i think it must suck sorta being scum but not really. But I did my best to kill from whatever scumreads you had. It's one of the reasons why I took you over as a host to begin with. You were A. Masons and B. That mason chat with Tammy, you and ffery was golden. I knew that there would be actual, good analysis going on that I could trust. But also B. is that I knew you wouldn't die night 1 or 2, I really didn't expect you to make it to lylo, but you did, so yay. I really do owe some of my win to you.

:neutral:
beefycheese
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3833 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Post by Honey bee »

ssk did you not know anything about slendy or didn't read the flavor too?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3834 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

nobody reads flavor until its too late.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3835 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by fferyllt »

ssk could read the mason thread? That had to be hilarious reading.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3836 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by Malakittens »

tbh i don't know anything of Slenderman or whatever, so prob having knowledge of that would have helped.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3837 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 3833, Honey bee wrote:ssk did you not know anything about slendy or didn't read the flavor too?

Yeah, no. I never read the flavor. Haha.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3838 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Tammy »

I was surprised that falcon didn't get in on the discussion of what happened to us.

And it's funny that my immediate thought that we were amnesiac mafia was actually on a right track.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3839 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Honey bee »

OkaPoka wrote:nobody reads flavor until its too late.

It was good flavor though. I found it enjoyable.

peedit: oh, no wonder..
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3840 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

In post 3835, fferyllt wrote:ssk could read the mason thread? That had to be hilarious reading.

And intern thread. Though that was far less amusing.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3841 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by Tammy »

I was reading the flavor!

Bah.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3842 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by Natirasha »

So, as anyone who's ever talked to me knows, I'm sort of a big fan of the Slenderman. I remember when the original pictures were posted in the SomethingAwful thread, I own Marble Hornets on DVD, I even did a short film in high school for a film festival as a one-off slenderman piece. And I wanted to transcribe that experience into a mafia game.

But, the Slenderman is something that only works if it's not known. The proliferation of games such as
Slender
has tainted Slendy is such a way that he lost his horro-factorr. Simply translating the game as a slenderman setup didn't work--the players had to not expect it coming. EverymanHYBRID(arguably, the most important early work sans Marble Hornets), used this setup to great success.

But just that wasn't enough, if a player was the slenderman, well, it would come to light eventually, there would be no wonder. He is an eldritch horror, something unknowable, unthinkable. So I hit upon the idea--what if the Slenderman was an outside party? a fourteenth player? and, with that, the design started.

One of the primary icons of Slender-series is the
camera
, the camera is a prominent part of all Slenderman works and generally is one of the few ways to actually combat him in a way. So, I needed a setting that allowed access to a camera, and worked as a survival-horror setting, I decided the backwoods television studio granted me enough room to let the setting work while creating that feeling of dread. From there, it was simply filing in the pieces.

Outside of Slendy himself, I didn't want much power in the game--it would have the heavy flavor component by nature of the setting, but besides that, the game should be day-focused. So, I gave the town two real power roles--ika's BP(which I fucked up with), and the Camera. The scum were just goons. Early on in the setup, SSK had a roleblocking power. I removed that as the setup developed, but kept in the red herrings for fun--even still, there never were any items in the setup besides the Camera.

The flavor was there to facilitate the mechanics, and I tried my best to keep it entertaining. No one read it, though. I would have hoped it was obvious from the various boldings, cryptic messages, and results PMs, but I guess that's not enough. This is partly a failing of my design, but trying to get enough 'complete the mystery' without flat-out stating the answer(which, if anyone read my last messages, I pretty much was) is hard.

I didn't want to advertise the game as bastard, because, outside of Slenderman himself, the game really isn't--it has red herrings, yes, but otherwise, it's 'fair'. I worried if I advertised it as full bastard, people would question results and generally worry about 'bastardness'. By giving the disclaimer the way I did, it helped orient players on the
mystery
at the heart of the setup. As an additional note, I cleared this game with both Equinox and zoroaster before running it as a mini.

As a side-note, there were a lot of signs that, if someone was familiar with the source material, they might catch--the intern's names were all the main characters of Marble Hornets, I did a lot of hints in the camera/Fonz's results. I tried to keep it to a sort of minimum because I knew no one would catch the references, but they existed.

I understand that people might be mad, but I hope overall everyone enjoyed the setup and could understand what I was going for, at least. Really, I admit, this was more a narrative than a game. It's a rare opportunity to truly have an evolving story such as the one told here, and I am pleased with how it came out.
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #3843 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 3818, borkjerfkin wrote:was oka not a jk then? was at one time and it got axed?
beefycheese
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3844 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by Natirasha »

There was never a jailkeeper in the setup.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #3845 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

not what it says in the mod topic, but ok.
beefycheese
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3846 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 3829, SleepyKrew wrote:F16
I'd like to discuss your townread of me now please

I had a basis for your scumgame having pushed your lynch in Quickness. Then immediately played with town-you in Fantasy Camp. This wasn't a replica of Fantasy Camp but it definitely felt miles apart from Quickness.

~~~

I don't consider flavor as relevant to a mafia game ever. I think it is part of the site rules that flavor is just for fun but w/e. Can't complain since it was advertised as bastard and meant to amuse the mod and we were told about it upfront.

Hopefully the dead thread stop acting like they totally would have figured it out. You guys are clearly brilliant and everything. Great job!

Tammy, I wasn't swiping at you. I was trying to bait Anatole into giving me an alignment indicative response. I hoped Ffery wouldn't have kept pushing it when I said I was more interested in his response than hers but it should have been pretty obvious.
Evil Regals
Evil Regals
Goon
Evil Regals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3847 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by Evil Regals »

No, even if you had hinted everything in the world about the flavor I wouldn't have got it. I had no knowledge of Slenderman as a whole.

Sorry Nati I know I'm upset and it's not really your fault. It's just really hard to explain right now.
Your modding was great. I had just thought maybe the bastard mech was someone was controlling a player and I hadn't even thought about a hidden SK.

I shouldnt have rushed the NL and i should have waited for titus because how much you wanna bet she might know this flavor
Have
you
ever considered that, perhaps, maybe,
I am
good?
I was always the Queen, it was
you
who added "Evil" to my name.

Alter Ego: Malakittens
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3848 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Yeah there was no way in hell anyone would've figured that there was an outside player.

I just thought the letters were the bastard mechanic and stuff would happen.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3849 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Spoiler: Nashville Dream's Night Results
Natirasha wrote:You decide to follow gossamer wings tonight, they were acting shifty.

Staking out of their house, you sit quietly. Just after dusk, gossamer wings leaves. In the distance, you hear someone call 'Wait up!" at them, but they seem to pay no mind, nearly running the poor guy over in their haste to leave.
-----
You awaken in your bed the following morning with a massive headache, camera in tow. You check the footage from last night, and all you see is static.

Natirasha wrote:
You resolve to follow up with your target from last night--F-16. Upon pulling up, you see the figure you saw last night--the preacher! Remembering his run-in last night, you catch him before he walks towards the door. You both agree that, following last night, it's better to stay in a pair.

You knock on the door, and F-16 opens, apparently in a much better mood than the previous night, inviting you two into he and his brother's house. You, the preacher, and the two brothers chitchat, secretly recording the whole time.

At one point, the preacher stops to use the restroom. A few moments later, CRASH! The three of you run towards the bathroom, which is half-open. Inside: a dark-dressed man is dragging the preacher out of the window into the street.

"Hey!" You yell, and rush forward, but the dark-dressed man is too fast and already out the window, carrying the bound preacher on his back towards a helicopter waiting in the distance.
Behind you, you hear the brothers rush to action--dashing towards the front door. Remembering your original mission, you try to catch up to F-16. You chase the brothers out the door and see one brandishing a knife, running towards the helicopter--the other is in the opposite direction, running towards the woods. Unsure of which to follow, you are acutely aware of how
tired
you are.

The helicopter is starting to fly away, so you turn towards the woods. You make it three steps in before collapsing in the brush, too exhausted to go on. The last thing you see is the red light of the recording camera before passing out.
----
In the morning, you awaken in your room at home. The camera sits on your nightstand. The footage cuts off exactly where you passed out, but curiously, the battery is still running...

Natirasha wrote:The day's investigation led to one thing--the Magician was suspicious. It was finally time to set aside the brothers and follow him.

Sure enough, not long after leaving the station, the Magician was already out again. You tailed him as best you could, and, well, you soon recognized where he was going--the brothers house!

Looking up towards the sun, you saw a faint black dot in distance--a helicopter? Oh shit!

You bolt out of your car, running towards the only point of light--the porch! On it, was one of the brothers, he was calling out to the magician walking forward. You keep running, but it was too late, the magician was on him, already taking him to the ground. Then, the door burst open, and you could see the silhouette of a short figure, knife in hand. Screaming out, the figure turns towards you. You feel a shadow creep up your spine...and that's it.

The next morning, you awaken in your room, bruised, but otherwise well. As has become your routine, you check the tapes. After the point at which your memory laps, the tapes are blank...until the last minute, where there is but a large, toothy grin.

Natirasha wrote:With only three of you remaining, it's easy to follow them. You tail Cutty Shark on his way home to his mansion in the hills--must be nice to be a star! As dusk falls, you get out and hop the fence onto Georgio's property. You sneak into the backyard from there, trying to get to the door. However, you see a recognizable figure at the back door already--the other brother! With a demonic look on his face and a knife in hand, he starts to open the door. You yell out...

...but no sound comes out. You move start to move towards the door, but something has you--black, writhing tentacles slowly surrounding your body---

And you wake up! It is pitch black out, the clock saying it's still just past midnight. You check the camera, and there is no record of anything.

...Did you imagine it?

Spoiler: Fonz's Results
Natirasha wrote:As you leave the building for the day, you decide to visit gossamer wings' home and bless them. It takes you some time to gather your religious materials, and it is after dark by the time you arrive.

As you pull up to their house, you see a figure at the door--gossamer wings! It appears they are going out, although they are sure acting...curious.

'Wait up!' You yell, but they ignore you. You pace towards them and reach them as they get to their car, grabbing their shoulder, "Hey there? Are you alright?"

They just shrug, and get in the car, nearly running over your foot as they pull out.

Frowning, you give gossamer wing's car one last look--is there someone in their passenger seat?

Natirasha wrote:You visited the residence of fferyllt, and upon reaching it, you saw it was also the place where F-16 was last night! As you march up to the door, a man steps out from the shadows--you recognize him as the cameraman at the station. He explains that he saw your interaction last night with F-16 and came back to investigate. Together, you are invited into the home--apparently F-16 and fferyllt are brothers!

You bless the brothers, and have some smalltalk. Before you leave, you decide to use the restroom. Inside, just as you make it to the toilet, the window shatters! Knocked down by the debris, you have trouble seeing as a dark-dressed man binds your legs and arms, then throws drags you outside through the window, towards a helicopter outside. You hear the voices of the others yelling, but they do not make it to you in time--the helicopter is off.

Flying low over the forest, you wriggle enough to stare out the window--in an open grove, you see a small figure bowing before a larger, faceless, slender figure...the small one turns up towards your helicopter, and you can just tell--it's F-16!

-----
You have died! I added you to the dead thread here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”