Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1887, DrippingGoofball wrote:Yeah because ika will flip scum, if not you're likely NK'd so it doesn't matter much.

to be fair, this would've happened even if he was telling the truth and was town
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by TierShift »

Owait there was a doc too?
I retract my not townsided statement

But well what did I expect
#drunkandbitter
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by Mathdino »

2 docs

nice setup
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by TierShift »

Owh wait
2 docs
Sane cop
Sane gunsmith
Sane whatever eddie was
JK
:(
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

AND I WAS VANILLA

Let's not forget this inequity
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Modding quicktopic, though there are a few mod communications still missing since I never got the chance to go through their paperwork.

Default dead quicktopic.
Spoilered dead QT.

Mafia QT.

Spoiler: Mafia Role PMs
Mafia Godfather wrote:Hello,
ika
! You are a
Mafia Godfather

You show up as the town result to cops and their variant roles. Your partners are
Sonic Boom
(Metal Sonic/Titus)
(Mafia Lawyer), and
Nazarene
(TierShift/Aegor)
(Mafia Roleblocker).

During the night, you may talk to your partners in this quicktopic.
You possess a factional kill, and must specify who you intend to carry it out.

You possess no additional powers aside from your instinct and your intuition, along-side your ability to express your voice and to vote.

You are aligned with the
mafia
; you win when your faction makes up 50% of the living and nothing can prevent this.

Please confirm in-thread you've read and understand your role PM. Game thread's here.

Good luck, and have fun!
Mafia Lawyer/Tailor wrote:Hello,
Sonic Boom
! You are a
Mafia Lawyer

Your partners are
ika
(Mafia Godfather), and
Nazarene
(TierShift/Aegor)
(Mafia Roleblocker).

During the night, you may target a player. That player will show up as the opposite alignment to a cop as they should. (A town result becomes a scum result; a scum result becomes a town result.)
Also during the night, you may talk to your partners in this quicktopic.
You possess a factional kill, and must specify who you intend to carry it out. (You may both action and perform the kill.)

Aside from that, you possess nothing except your instinct and your intuition, along-side your ability to express your voice and to vote.

You are aligned with the
mafia
; you win when your faction makes up 50% of the living and nothing can prevent this.

Please confirm in-thread you've read and understand your role PM. Game thread's here.

Good luck, and have fun!
Mafia Roleblocker wrote:Hello,
Nazarene
! You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

Your partners are
ika
(Mafia Godfather), and
Sonic Boom
(Metal Sonic/Titus)
(Mafia Lawyer).

During the night, you may target a player. That player will be prevented from performing any action they may possess.
Also during the night, you may talk to your partners in this quicktopic.
You possess a factional kill, and must specify who you intend to carry it out. (You may both action and perform the kill.)

Aside from that, you possess nothing except your instinct and your intuition, along-side your ability to express your voice and to vote.

You are aligned with the
mafia

Good luck, and have fun!
Spoiler: Investigative Role PMs
Town Gunsmith wrote:Hello,
Doyouthinkhesaurus
(
Mathdino
)! You are a
Town Gunsmith

During the night, you may target a player. You will learn whether they possess a gun or not.
Note that I will not list who will or will not possess a gun in your role PM, however, I will answer 100% accurately to inquiries for what will or won't have one.

So make good use of your instinct and your intuition, along-side your ability to express your voice and to vote.

You are aligned with the
town
; you win when all threats to it have been eliminated and at least one town player lives.

Good luck, and have fun!
Town Persistent Cop wrote:Hello,
ProHawk
! You are a
Town Persistent Cop

During the night, you may target a player. You will not receive a result on the player at the end of the night. You will not be able to action the following night. However, at the end of the following night, you will receive a 100% guaranteed accurate result of their alignment, no matter what.

For instance, using your power N1, you will be unable to action N2 but will receive a result for D3. Actioning again N3 will give you a result for D5, and so on.

You also have your instinct and your intuition, along-side your ability to express your voice and to vote.

You are aligned with the
town
; you win when all threats to it have been eliminated and at least one town player lives.

Good luck, and have fun!
Town (Secretly Sane) Cop wrote:Hello,
EddieFenix
! You are a
Town Cop

During the night, you may target a player; you will receive results in the form of "scum" or "town", but I cannot offer you any guarantee of accuracy.

For that, you'll need your instinct and your intuition, along-side your ability to express your voice and to vote.

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck, and have fun!
Town Sane Cop wrote:Hello,
Voidedmafia
! You are a
Town Sane Cop

During the night, you may target a player; you will receive results in the form of "town" or "not town". I offer a guarantee that any interference in your results is from external factors.

You'll need your instinct and intuition to process this, along-side your ability to express your voice and to vote.

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck, and have fun!
Spoiler: Protective Role PMs
Town Jailkeeper wrote:Hello,
BBMolla
guille2015
! You are a
Town Jailkeeper

During the night, you may target a player; they will be protected from any attempt on their life, but will be prevented from performing any night action they may possess.

You've got your instinct and your intuition to use them, along-side your ability to express your voice and to vote.

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck, and have fun!
Town Doctor wrote:Hello,
pirate mollie
! You are a
Town Doctor

During the night, you may protect any player aside from yourself, and protect them from any attempted kill.

Aside from this, you possess merely your instinct and your intuition, along-side your ability to express your voice and to vote.

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck, and have fun!
Town (Secretly-Macho) Doctor wrote:Hello,
shos
! You are a
Town Doctor

During the night, you may protect any player from any attempt to kill them. However, note that attempting a protection on you will fail.

Aside from this, you possess merely your instinct and your intuition, along-side your ability to express your voice and to vote.

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck, and have fun!
Spoiler: Other town PMs
Town Miller wrote:Hello,
Bulbazak
! You are a
Town Miller

When investigated by a cop, you will return a "Mafia" result to them.

You possess no other powers aside from your instinct and your intuition, along-side your ability to express your voice and to vote.

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck, and have fun!
Town 1-x Miller wrote:Hello,
Jackel98
istott
(
eyestott
)! You are a
Town One-shot Miller

Once in the game, if investigated by a cop, you will return the "Mafia" result to them. On all future investigations by a cop, you will return the town result.

You possess no other powers aside from your instinct and your intuition, along-side your ability to express your voice and to vote.

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck, and have fun!
Vanilla Townie wrote:Hello,
DrippingGoofBall
! You are a
Vanilla Townie

You possess no powers aside from your instinct and your intuition, along-side your ability to express your voice and to vote.

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck, and have fun!
Comments to come shortly.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1903, TierShift wrote:Owh wait
2 docs
Sane cop
Sane gunsmith
Sane whatever eddie was
JK
:(

DID MY DOC ABILITY HALP AT ALL???

NO!!!

QUITE YER CRYING...LOVE.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

why did it auto correct to quite
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

quit is a legitimate word.

but lets get back to the important discussion PROHAWK WAS TOWN??????
whew!
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

I was cop. Had to keep that one underwraps to keep the mafia out of seeing things
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Nice and town sided
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1902, Mathdino wrote:2 docs
nice setup
I'll say that the basic idea behind the setup right here and now was a game that would be hilariously townsided if the town didn't act as most towns would, but would be hilariously scumsided if the town DID act as most towns would.

What do I mean?
-Bulbazak didn't claim miller. So there was no Miller vs. 1x miller drama.
-shos vs. mollie never happened because shos got nightkilled N1.
-EddieFenix DID take the bait on Voidedmafia, but not on Mathdino OR ProHawk.

In short? The roles that were clearly contradicting one another (by design)...had minimal friction and were working together instead, thus hilariously townsided. With a different playerlist, and the scum having the roles they do, I think you can tell just how badly the town could have been massacred.
-DGB being the only VT after massclaim would be suspect if all scum claimed PRs. If all scum claimed VTs, perhaps moreso if the scum died or perhaps offering the scum cover.
-The doctors could have easily gotten lynched, as could have guille. (Heck, thanks to RB-beats-JK, he almost did.)
-The investigatives could have been paranoid of each other. Yes, they would ultimately get town results...assuming the scum didn't mess with their results, which the lawyer could for all but the gunsmith (who, for the purposes of this game, was ultimately just a stronger cop) and the persistent cop (who I was expecting to only get an average of two results, since the game lasting long enough for three would mean the doctors and JK woulda been quite busy stopping scum kills). And given the paranoid nature of the game, the only truly-clear cop was the most unique.

...Which makes particular sense when you consider that the game was flavored to be "kinda vaguely like a Normal, except throwing balance out the window", thus, I had meant for the unusual roles to be suspected. (This, by the way, is why the VT PM was on the first page: like I said, the aesthetic I was aiming for was a vaguely-Normal-looking game, which only on inspection was obviously-not.) It's also the cause of a great mistake I made in the game:

Not giving scum fakeclaims.
Given that I had meant for this to essentially BE the above, of similar-to-a-Normal, in which scum don't get fakeclaims (though they may receive a safeclaim such as "Mafia Sane Cop" :shifty:), I didn't hand them out any for this game. Since they'd be paraphrasing for their claims anyway, I figured it'd be no problem, and while I never got to fully make it laid out, my general modding policy is that if scum ask about the way a role they want to claim works, I'll give them how that role works off of the wording they have given me.

Given that all three scum fakeclaimed in a convoluted manner, this was clearly a mistake on my end, and for that, I do apologize to the scum.

Anyway, this is just the short version. (Yes, THIS is the SHORT version. :P) More to come later.
My academy.
Agnigi
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 1896, TierShift wrote:I'm not sure the setup was extremely townsided
What I do know is that if our tailor had been mildly competent we'd peobably have won, this town wasn't worth shit.

But their roles were......
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Also, if there's interest, tweaking things a bit (like, say, giving scum fakeclaims), I was wondering if there'd be interest in a sequel to this game, as a large theme. I have the setup more or less finalized and most of the finer points figured out, but I want to make sure I actually have a good crowd who'd be willing to
play
it. :P

It'd be the same but not the same at all, in that it'd still be classified as a bastard, it'd still be meant to be played casually and not seriously, and would still be meant for the fun of it. With what I have planned, I think it'll be even more entertaining than this game was, so long as you go in with the mindset that the game's explicitly not going to be balanced.
My academy.
Agnigi
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

I'd be down for the sequel game in a large theme.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

I'm a teensy bit annoyed that, in retrospect, we literally did ring up PRs all of D1 (and finished on one, too). Also, even if I possibly shouldn't be, I'm a little glad I was right in thinking it was multi-cop. I probably was going to investigate SB that night if I had lived, though.

Mollie, was it really that unnerving, what I was doing?

P-EDIT:
-EddieFenix DID take the bait on Voidedmafia, but not on Mathdino OR ProHawk.

What bait? You mean by my role?

Also, as you should know, I'm not going to play in the large (unless it's 14-15p), but I wouldn't mind being a co/backup mod for you.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i would instantly pre-in for a large game like this
if i'm gonna play a large
better be a bastard game

any advice on my play anyone? (i'm sure bulbazak has something to say here)
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:59 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Lol get over it Mollie, we both were wrong
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by Mathdino »

am thoroughly enjoying reading the mod QT flavour
would /in a mastin game again
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by guille2015 »

This was a pretty fun game here.

I think that the balance was there. The game could have easily be Scum sided. But The millers played a superb town game, and some othre stuff happened that I really don't have time to go into.

I think Naz played the best scum game here, and was simply unlucky, but could have survived longer if not investigated. And that pretty much saved my life, Until Ika killed me :/

Also this:

Guille actually IS right about Sonic Boom and ika. o_O
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by Mathdino »

this just goes to show

lynching based on roles > lynching based on scumhunting xD

take that, mollie/ProHawk
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1918, Mathdino wrote:am thoroughly enjoying reading the mod QT flavour
would /in a mastin game again

Me too

Would send fake night actions again
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:14 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1915, Voidedmafia wrote:What bait? You mean by my role?
Precisely.

Also, as you should know, I'm not going to play in the large (unless it's 14-15p), but I wouldn't mind being a co/backup mod for you.
Good, because I'm gonna need one. :P The amount of craziness in a large (even a normal one) is high. Make it a theme, twice as much. Make it THIS kind of theme, and I can't survive without one. :P

It'd probably be mid-January, maybe early-February, when it would begin the official process. First half of January would be spent tweaking the details and getting it prepared and whatnot. (Including asking zoraster if it's okay to even run the game, since "joke-games", which I loosely categorize this as and which the sequel would also be, are something that I'm not sure are instantly-allowed.)
My academy.
Agnigi
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1913, mastin2 wrote:Also, if there's interest, tweaking things a bit (like, say, giving scum fakeclaims), I was wondering if there'd be interest in a sequel to this game, as a large theme. I have the setup more or less finalized and most of the finer points figured out, but I want to make sure I actually have a good crowd who'd be willing to
play
it. :P

It'd be the same but not the same at all, in that it'd still be classified as a bastard, it'd still be meant to be played casually and not seriously, and would still be meant for the fun of it. With what I have planned, I think it'll be even more entertaining than this game was, so long as you go in with the mindset that the game's explicitly not going to be balanced.

highly recommend 2nd anti-town faction
idc if multiball
or mimes
or cult
or tons of neutrals
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1918, Mathdino wrote:am thoroughly enjoying reading the mod QT flavour
Right, I should probably put that all in-thread.

Shame that I didn't get to do N3 flavor. I totally woulda delayed the daystart if I had known that I wouldn't get the chance to write anything but a final lynch scene. :P

Also, I want to ask you as players: I'm seeing pretty good feedback for the game, which is a good sign, but there's something I want to know. I know that, for ME, sitting in the mod's chair, this game was so much of a blast to have been a part of that I'd definitely call it a Game of the Year contender, but I'm biased as the creator of the game and having sit from a point of omnipotence. So was it just good-good, or was it amazingly-awesome-good? (GOTY contender.)
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”