pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1316, Albert B. Rampage wrote:@shadowmod Lecture me about listening? How dare you. Pirate never mentionned that Nacho can read her perfectly, and got caught within posts of Day 2. If she had said something, we could have killed Nacho. I won't even mention Victor who purposely went out of his way not to bring anything to the table. I asked for feedback more than once and got nothing.

Both scum partners didn't contribute to night discussion, and I was left doing everything alone. I had the right idea for some things and the wrong one for others, but with communicative scum partners, scum might have had a chance. Why is it scum have daytalk when I'm town and don't when I'm scum? The odds have been stacked against me for most of this year and pardon me while I blow off some steam in retaliation after a year of this.

STAHP.

don't go after shadowmod or titus cos now you just look like a giant baby. I TOLD you nacho cld read me but you were having none of it, YOU SAID "lets not overthink this" so I shut up cos i just give up when dealing with young egos these days. you will find your own way cos that is how you want it. and the less said the better you might do.

you aren't alone in feeling the odds are stacked against you, I feel that way too. I am TIRED, and I feel like most games are me fighting against town as town or me not wanting to fight against my scummates. I AM SO TIRED.

I am not even going to sugar coat this but you missed social cues. <---- that is your core problem. you cld have probed this for further understanding but since you think you know everything you didn't see the necessity. in all honesty I can't REALLY blame you here because people set so much stock in join dates when that is not a good measurement for talent or progress.

blow off steam all you want. I don't mind your anger I was probs a shitty partner even tho i shut down cos I didn't want to drop any associatives. but plz leave off of shadow and titus.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

so albert readjusted yaye!
whew!
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1301, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Also a culmination of four straight games where I'm scum where we're all bad scum players, are easily caught through POE, role mechanics, etc., and I have really not any reason to repeat the same experience - extremely fed up. RNG is against me for a longer stretch than usual, okay, forfeit and hit the restart button and try again.

Having had a string of scum games before, it gets kind of demoralizing. Even when you are doing well as scum in one game, chances are you are or will not in another game. And, it tends to affect your town games as well. One of the overall reasons I cut down on my number of active games, less chance of getting a slew of scum roles.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 1325, pirate mollie wrote:don't go after shadowmod or titus cos now you just look like a giant baby. I TOLD you nacho cld read me but you were having none of it, YOU SAID "lets not overthink this" so I shut up cos i just give up when dealing with young egos these days. you will find your own way cos that is how you want it. and the less said the better you might do.

You said that night 0 before the game began. You need to say something like "I think he's on to me" on night 1, perhaps?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:12 pm

In post 1327, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1301, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Also a culmination of four straight games where I'm scum where we're all bad scum players, are easily caught through POE, role mechanics, etc., and I have really not any reason to repeat the same experience - extremely fed up. RNG is against me for a longer stretch than usual, okay, forfeit and hit the restart button and try again.

Having had a string of scum games before, it gets kind of demoralizing. Even when you are doing well as scum in one game, chances are you are or will not in another game. And, it tends to affect your town games as well. One of the overall reasons I cut down on my number of active games, less chance of getting a slew of scum roles.

Yeah, exactly. Less tolerance for letting other people have fun from a certain loss on your part.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:14 pm

In post 1324, Titus wrote:Fake claims are not required. I won a game with zero fake claims.

In this game, they are required, since every town role is a PR. Our role pm has to fit in with the rest. For example, if I claimed vanilla, it would raise suspicion, since there aren't any vts in the game.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by ika »

In post 1324, Titus wrote:Fake claims are not required. I won a game with zero fake claims.

you won a game by claiming your real role too......

(suicide bomber)
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1328, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 1325, pirate mollie wrote:don't go after shadowmod or titus cos now you just look like a giant baby. I TOLD you nacho cld read me but you were having none of it, YOU SAID "lets not overthink this" so I shut up cos i just give up when dealing with young egos these days. you will find your own way cos that is how you want it. and the less said the better you might do.

You said that night 0 before the game began. You need to say something like "I think he's on to me" on night 1, perhaps?

but he wasn't or at least didn't appear to. I said night 0 that it was only a matter of time.

I am sorry that you feel like I let you down albert. believe it or not all my scumgames are not like this.
whew!
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:44 pm

Post by Shadowmod »

In post 1322, Titus wrote:Mod, none of our roles were Food + Wiki Role, Food Inspector would have made SG's fakeclaim 100% better.

That being said, I really enjoyed the game.

That's because most roles were either:
- nonstandard
- or the standard flavour would not have fitted a werewolf theme

Iecerint's hide was just called "hide", however.

There were so many other things wrong (motivation, timing, reasoning, flavour presentation ... ) with their claim, plus Nacho coming out against them really strong, that this minor point hardly even mattered.

To be honest: I found the setup/flacour speculation coming from town after the claim pretty terrible.
- assuming I would provide flavour but no role name
- assuming the "bloodhound Snuggy" bit could be genuine scum flavour (they are
wolves
, why would they need a bloodhound to trail some one ?! )
Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Current Games in Progress:
Mostly Flavoured Newbie 1692 NEWBIE 1693
Tag, Link and Length Restrictions on Signatures Are Annoying!
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:03 pm

Post by Shadowmod »

In post 1330, Albert B. Rampage wrote:

In this game, they are required, since every town role is a PR. Our role pm has to fit in with the rest. For example, if I claimed vanilla, it would raise suspicion, since there aren't any vts in the game.

That's why I left that point deliberately vague in my game advertisement (it was advertised as PR heavy, not as full role madness). If you wanted to be original you could have come up with "Chocolate Food", "Cranberry Food" or "Stracciatella Food"... (maybe I should have really given out just one of these, just as a read herring)... You had six actual abilities to chose from, three of them claimable without a problem and pretty confirmable, and a lot of cues about the flavour (basically : I mocking you as food), it would not have been hard to come up with something more catered to your situation in the game.
Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:09 pm

Post by Shadowmod »

—Announcement

Still missing feedback regarding PT publication from
FourTrouble
Titus
and the
Nightwatch
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:59 am

Post by Pine »

I'm fine with PT reveal

Agree with ABR about Titus (@Titus you seem to be a reasonable scum hunter, but you really, really have to get over whatever makes you extremely scummy as Town. You're super abrasive, you push buttons, and your thought process is very opaque. I have yet to play with you in a game where you didn't get killed by Town, and that's a 'you' thing, not an 'us' thing)

Agree with ABR about the lameness of Food Tracker title, same with Food Miller. You put so much effort into creative flavor for everything else, having someone say "I'm a Tracker" reeked of fakeclaim, even without awkward phrasing

Disagree with the rest of ABR's complaints.

Shadowmod, I am
hugely
impressed with the level of effort! creativity! and attention to detail of the roles. Yeah, they were swingy, but they could have gone either way. I am far less concerned with Townsidedness now that I see all the Wolf power. I love the decentralized JOATs on both Town and scum side
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:00 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1298, Who wrote:Never underestimate the chances of everyone in the town randomly turning into a total fucking idiot. I have been saved by that in several seemingly-hopeless scenarios.

This

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:10 am

Post by Shadowmod »

—Individual Player Review

Southern Gothic
: Mollie already said most of it herself, she is just the kind of player who, I guess, is just blatantly herself (which seems to be weird and paranoid, but fun) as town and does not really know how to keep that attitude up as scum, which is much better, though, than players who'd rather sacrifice their town credibility to mask their scum meta. I have never played with TTH, so I cannot really relate her performance here to anything. I guess both of you should try and learn how to make (up) credible (fake) claims. I think for the most part your play was not ingenious, but also not bad by any margin. You were just unlucky to face Nacho, who you rightly expected to read you like a book. It is a bit ironic, though, I think, that this led to mollie holding herself back a lot, which then ended up being exactly the thing that raised Nacho's suspicion.

All is Who
: I guess being a mason was what prevented you from ever becoming a serious suspect in this game, but then, being a mason probably had also a lot to do with the devil may care attitude with which you seemed to approach this game.
I find it pretty notable that you were the only player to really see right through Albert's scum play from the start, whereas he had others, such as Nacho or Pine, easily fooled.

PeregrineV
: I would have liked you being more active overall. In the end, I think you left a mostly bland impression on every one while all the action went elsewhere.

Gilgamesh
: While quite funny at times, your role playing was just utterly annoying most of the time and I think you paid yourself a disservice with it. You had the best (almost completely spot on) reads at the end of day 1, and your night action reflected that and would have certainly brought scum under pressure, had you lived. That you were merely killed in the crossfire rather than for your reads or role was more lucky coincidence than anything for scum, I guess.

farside22
: Solid and enjoyable as ever. I am not sure (or cannot remember) where all the early suspicion actually stemmed from, to be honest. I think part of it had something to do with your suspecting mason Pine or something... Your role never really came into play due to the game ending so quickly, so not much can be said about it either. I hope you enjoyed being an inventor as much as I did back in your Lemming Mafia game ;)

Andrius
: What shall I say? Happy to have you back and sign up to my game right away. And I seem not to be the only one, Nacho even delayed his poisoning, just to ensure your staying around. You may have
overcrumbed a bit
built far too many bakeries in the village, given that your role was probably the weakest in the game, but at least you made it somewhat worthwhile by ensuring that protections and kills could connect. However, as I already pointed out, you would have been overall even better off with the bodyguard alive and you being a treestump for the rest of the game (not that it mattered eventually).

VictorDeAngelo
: "Dejectedly submissive" is the one term that keeps coming to my mind. You should learn to stand up to people, even if it requires a sledgehammer. You were very close to saving your team from the major blow that marked its falling apart, but you did not make yourself heard :\

Albert B: Rampage
: I don't like your lone forfeit. It was just a final act of disrespect toward your team. Your overall demeanour can probably best described as talking down to people, talking over their heads or talking right past them without ever taking great notice of them. And that's not my subjective impression, but also one that quite obviously both of your scum partners share, you should really examine Mollie's post closely, if you haven't yet. You miss the cues, mostly ignore any one's objections and then blame them for not wanting to talk to you any more. That's just insensitive and really bad style, on top of being utterly counterproductive in regards to changing any of the adverse circumstances that you complain of being the victim of.
Just as an example: Right now I am puzzled how you were obviously perfectly capable of finding the Desperado role in the wiki, but utterly failed to do so for two days when it would have actually mattered, when there was clearly some misunderstanding going on between you and Victor, which you simply dismissed and blamed on him, whereas it was in fact
you
who did not comprehend what was going on.
Remember the following: It is always easier to fix your own mistakes than the ones of others.
/rant end

Iecerint
: Impressive town play as usual. He made me think of the sort of animals who pump themselves full of air when feeling threatened. A sober look at his actions reveals: A hypoclaim that turned out utterly futile due to limited reveals, but got the town's main investigator nightkilled, a hide that only ended up double confirming a mason, another weak investigation that would have basically only confirmed Farside's giving him a double vote, which he already knew, and which was on top of that blocked, and a double vote, which he did not even need to use any more. So by any standards, one would think he was almost utterly ineffective this game, with a role that wasn't inherently powerful to begin with ; yet he managed to project such an immense aura of power to the outside that scum was utterly horrified of his role and its impact, which was one of the most fun aspects of watching this town unfold their game.

Nachomamma8
: I think no one will argue if I declare him this game's MVP right away. His general perceived townieness, spot-on night actions and his nailing Mollie right on the spot on day 2 speak for themselves. I couldn't be happier about his getting the Potion Maker role, he and that role could not have possibly been more deserving of each other.

Pine
: Similar to Who with a rather reckless attitude at times (fitting for a mason bodyguard). That claim on day 1 made me want to yell at him, though. With a mason claim as safety net, it made kind of sense (unless in most other cases, yet it has become a really bad and egregious habit here on site) to try a gambit like that, I would have wished for it to actually be more than plain silly and actually have some thought and plausibility behind it (starting with "cop" being a flavour alien to a werewolf game), so it could have actually stirred up some useful reactions.

Titus
: The combination of Titus and her role was a guarantee for hilarity ensuing, one way or another, I guess. Her posts made me constantly question whether she is actually fully, or even only half-way, there. She seemed to spend the game in a permanent state of utter happy incomprehension. I am not sure whether she ever actually more than just skimmed other people's posts, or even her own role PM, for that matter, during the game. Her open objection to catching up after replacing in and her almost complete unwillingness to share reads (be it with me or other players) has still left me in a state of puzzlement as to whether her hit on Albert was actually some insane luck or a vague sign of some skilfully veiled ingeniousness lurking somewhere...

FourTrouble
: I attribute his misslynch mostly to boneheaded stubbornness in his approach to this (and most probably every) game. His reluctance to claim in time, or at all, was really bad for town and overall I really want to tell him: Self-aware meta-defence (almost, there are exceptions to everything...) never works to prevent you from being lynched, and there are good and obvious reasons why it shouldn't. Learn to justify your reads well, and preferably to get them right in the first place :P, and you'll fare much better.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:18 am

OK dude, can't wait to see you play a game and dole out judgment on yourself.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:19 am

You strike me as very unaware of yourself and how you come across, would probably easily be played with by most of the players in this game.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:29 am

If I'm more venomous than usual it's because of health problems in the past few months making me unable to do anything, physical pain I'm in, loss in the family, etc.

I've said many times, I like the overall player list, and I want to get right back in it with you guys.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:29 am

:good: :cop:
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:36 am

Gilgamesh was also hilarious and not annoying in any way.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:37 am

Post by Pine »

ABR, get your feels, but these folks aren't going to self-examine when you're being so rough

@Shadow-Regarding reckless Mason play, that's a valid way to play it. I don't buy the notion that masons should try to hide their nature to provide late-game clears, that's risky. All too often, one of the Masons gets dead, and the connections between them aren't clear enough for Town to be comfortable clearing the partner, but
are
clear enough for scum to put two and two together and kill the buddy. A better method is to treat yourselves as a pair of Innocent Children, be bold, be reckless, lead Town, demand answers and reactions, and get results. As for my lolgambit, if you look back, All is Who was headed straight for mislynch Town. Would they have been lynched after claiming? No, but they would have been forced to, and I'd have been forced to corroborate. So instead I changed the subject, made it very clear that AiW was not an option, and reshuffled the deck. That got 4T killed, but he was being useless and scummy, and would have been lynched eventually anyway. I'm not sure how you can justify saying that he was Towny when you chide him for being stubborn and counsel against self-meta and unjustified reads

PE: As I said in the dead thread, I agree entirely. 9/10, would grovel again

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Shadowmod »

In post 1340, Albert B. Rampage wrote:You strike me as very unaware of yourself and how you come across, would probably easily be played with by most of the players in this game.

Not gonna go into any pot-kettle type discussion with you.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:52 am

Post by pirate mollie »

thanks for the feedback back shadow! I love that you did that cos so few mods do.

also plz understand that it goes both ways for nacho and I, he has even said in a game that you can always tell his alignment just by watching how he acts towards me but dummies still won't listen to me when I say he is scum.

I hope you get to feeling better albert!
whew!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by Titus »

@Shadowmod, I never read upon catching up. Period. I read based on the interactions I have with people. If something feels off, that player gets a scumread until I can get enough hard evidence. That would be VCA. On Day 1, I tend to come off like a crazy loon (but one of my reads will be right). On Day 2, the grip narrows. By day 3, I can have a decent scumpool narrowed. By day 4 (if we have a scum lynch), I can get a pool with all scum in it.

This game didn't last until the point where I looked sane. Then again, I usually get NKed by that point.

Mafia is a game of PoE and deduction. If you can give the town false information, you fool them more often than not. I'd rather have an information fucking role than a fake claim any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by Shadowmod »

So it was ingeniousness :P You just came out, all of a sudden, and told me "I am gonna block Albert" and I was just like "What the heck, where did this come from ?!"...
Last edited by Shadowmod on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Titus »

I tend to be that way bc I approach the game from a what would scum do perspective.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”