shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:06 am

Post by shos »

Flavour"
H
oooooooooooollyyyyyyyyyyy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt!!!!!"

We all started running. Ms O has been right - how could we not figure that out, straight there on the first day??
There WAS a way out. Now, who knows?

All that you know is that you're being hunted. And you gotta run.
Berko, Medic and Kingsley all know the same, and are sprinting right besides you. You don't bother to look back. Basically, all you need is to sprint faster than them, right?

Oh no.
"IT'S A DEAD END!! TURN RIGHT!!!" Medic shouted, gasping heavily. He too was panicking. You could see that this newly turned corridor is a dead end too already; but at least, one can hope you're out of sniping range.

"Stop, stop!! Where are we going??" You ask. "Can't you see the wall at the end???".
"We gotta keep going," Medic says. "Can't turn back now," he says, trying to catch his breath, and keeps walking to the same direction.

"Guys." Kingsley talks calmly. Silently. What the hell? He isn't even breathing heavy. "There's a window." he says.
You look at where he points at. It's true - you were all so messed up that you didn't notice; you're standing right beside a window that leads to the garden, outside. "What do we do?" you say.

"Obviously, break through." Kingsley answered. "WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SO CALM???" Berko screamed.
This was practically the first time you hear him raising his voice. When shouting, his voice had a high pitch, it was funny. You giggled a little, couldn't help it. "AND WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU LAUGHING?????" he screams at you, quite rightfully.

"I'm sorry man," you start, "it slipped, you have high pitched voice, I was suprised" you say.
"Fuck you both," he says, and takes his shoe out. "Step back," he says, and then throws the shoe super hard at the window.

The window breaks.

You take the fallen shoe and throw it on its other side. It breaks too. You work together to get the passage big enough for a man to go through. Berk puts his shoe on again and...In you go.

You stand inside loads of leaves. They're tall, you can't quite see far, and you don't know where to go. "Let's keep going that way, guys," Kingsley says. "The leaves will hide us and they won't be able to shoot us this way.." he says.

You walk together. You feel cold. It's somewhat sunny outside but you can't quite see.
"Should I jump up to see where we're going?" you ask.
"But they'll see where we are," Medic answers.
"They already know, you know." You say.
"Hey, how do you know that?"

Awkward silence. "Um..I don't. I assume." you mumble.
"Guys, it's him."

The three of them are looking straight at you, angrily. You look back at them, completely confused. "I didn't even intend to say that, guys. I don't know why I did. Come on, it's not me!" You beg.

But it's of no use.
Soon a huge pile of punches, kicks and chokes is heading your way. You know that. Shit.
You turn around and sprint into the bushes. Turn right, Left, keep running, whatever. Just get away from them. They'll kill you like they did before. And not so long ago, eh?

You see light on your left. This has to be it!!! The way out?! You put your face into it and start running again.

You're out of the bushes. This is great, but now there's loads of pines around you. Better head for the light. It's still there, probably a way out of this forest. Then we'll see how to recalculate where you are, and find your way home!

You turn around and see them sprinting after you. They're only what, 20 meters away? SHIT. You start running again.

Oh no.

You didn't see this earlier. You sprint the fuck out of there and...the ground below disappears. This is a loooong fall into the ocean. Hold your brea--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote Count #24. [LYNCH ACHIEVED]

Day 5 Deadline: (expired on 2015-08-21 16:31:11)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wagons are ordered by chronology. First wagon to appear appears first, and if it disappears it is back at the end of the line. First voter on wagon is first, etc.

TellTaleHeart (3) - Wanderer-nl, BlueMoonRising, Ozgin.

Wanderer-nl (1) - TellTaleHeart.

Not Voting (0): <Nobody>.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notes:

TellTaleHeart
has been lynched. The game is OVER.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:13 am

Post by shos »

more flavor"AAAAAAGH", you shout. What? What is this? Where am I?
"Calm down," you hear. The speaking voice was of a woman, standing right near you along with three other, what seems to be nurses or doctors. They're pulling you our of an incubator of some sort. Lots of stuff connected to you. You can't move your muscles.

You can see the doctor picking up her cell.
"Brady, hi, it's Michelle. I'm sorry, but the latest test subject was compromised prior to date, too. Yeah. Ok. Bring the next one in tomorrow, then. See ya," and she hung up.

She turns around. "I'm sorry TTH. You failed. We can't hire you."
She pulls up a gun and aims to your head. "Goodbye."

Spoiler: Result
shos wrote:
Hola, papi.

You are a WATCHER from
scum team A
Personal Ability:
At night, you may choose a player to target. You will receive information about who, if any, targetted that player.
Factional Ability:
At night, you may choose a player to target. That player will die.
Factional Communication:
You may talk to your partner *HERE* at all times.

You win with
SCUM TEAM A
, when all threats to it are dead, or nothing can prevent that.

TOWN WINS!!!

deadtopic - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62313
scum B - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62125
scum A - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62124
mod topic - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62123

All PTs should be open for everyone.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:24 am

Post by shos »

So my thoughts:
This played really well. MVP is probably TTH imo, despite losing the mylo. He should have voted BMR, and he coulda pulled thsi off easy.

I can't believe how obvtown were both Ozgin and Wanderer in endgame, lol.
Klingon was unlucky to die so quick, and the scumteams being reduced to rubble so quick was really surprising.

I enjoyed modding and reading this game very much. Thanks!

A few words about the setup: (!)

This setup was devised by me, so I have lots to say about it. This is in fact the first time it is played, as can be seen from its wiki :)
This setup was built as an attempt for a multiball in a micro. 11 players isn't so tiny, but last time I saw a multiball running on few people it was a mess scum(me :P ) won very easily.
This setup has 11 players, but two total bulletproof in town, so that effectively makes it 13 players multiball, for 9v2v2. The difference is that there are less flips, and people stay alive longer, so more discussion is generated and HAS to be generated for town to profit. The fact that it is LITERALLY 7v2v2 probably confused some people. for one, dram, I think offered to nolynch to exhaust the BP resources. But this is useless and only hurts town. Moreover, the scum thought it would be best for them to crosskill asap. This I can debate about, but I still think it's wrong. Town is powerful with these BPs, and other scum can be caught by watcher and lynched, so killing them on your own isn't your top priority, imo. also, you sorta need their kill too to make town weaker against you. if you killed them both, then its' you vs town, and while in 9p 7v2 is balanced, town should have BPness, and a watcher. The idea was to use your own watcher to catch the other scum. If you catch the other watcher, then the next day is a 1v1 between too scums, because both will try to lead a scum lynch, lol. fun stuff.

Anyway, I'm very satisfied with the game as it happened, and willing to run it again, or watch it being run again, or even play it. I enjoyed.

Thank you all for participating, investing time and effort. This has been great!!!

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:38 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I had good fun with this one. I think the town (myself included) just kept overthinking the game after D2. Ozgin. BMR, myself and Suzune were all very clearly town, I thought. I said that then, and I say that now. It took me a little while to get there with Suzune, but I got there. Wanderer was also on my town list for most of the game and I think she worked hard to earn that spot.

After that, you just lynch everyone else indiscriminately. :3 It was sad that the last scum just so happened to be the last one on that list, but a win is a win! TTH did a pretty fair job, and, yes, had she come after BMR... I don't know if Ozgin would've been able to resist. I was happy with everyone though and would be glad to play with any of you again. Excellent job modding, shos. My constructive criticism would be to post your VCs more frequently. Even if you don't have the flavor ready, just post the VC and come back to the flavor. That was my only gripe.

gg all!
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:55 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I had fun with this for the most part. In the end it got a little hard because everyone seemed to be stuck in their own opinions, I was pushing a TTH-lynch for 3 gamedays and the 3rd she got lynched because Ozgin got tired of the apathy and just sheeped to end things.

@shos: If TTH had gone for BMR that would have raised alarm for me as well because she's been townreading him since entering the game. It may have been harder for me to convince BMR and Ozgin of TTH being scum, especially Ozgin.
Thanks for modding! And sorry about that replacing-out stuff, I was serious at the time but very quickly changed my mind again. I loved the set-up and the flavour, I didn't care so much for all the lurking.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:04 am

Post by dragonspawn »

It was a good game. I'm annoyed i was killed so early.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:12 am

Post by shos »

In lylo/mylos as scum I tend to wait it out, lol. Let the townies post their thoughts first, and THEN decide who you want to go through, accordingly. if TTH waited for Ozgin to speak up, I'm sure BMR would be his choice, and then it'll be 2v2 of {you, BMR} voting TTH and {TTH, Ozgin} voting BMR.

Ozgin
Ozgin
Goon
Ozgin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:59 am

Post by Ozgin »

Yeah, I knew that Wanderer was town and I didn't know whether or not it was BMR or TTH. That being said, I was really frustrated with BMRs posting, and that's probably where most of my scum read came from. Very well played, TTH.
If I'm modding your game, I'm sorry in advance. <3
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:36 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 1078, RedCoyote wrote:Suzune [was] very clearly town, I thought.

*shake cane*

Agreed on the votecount front.

As for the setup itself, I'm really not sure multiball in 11p is a good idea. It's incredibly swingy :s
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:59 am

Post by shos »

But the BPness makes it effectivle 13p!! Thats the beauty!

Oz, woild you say that if TTH votes BMR with added reasoning, even shallow as can be, youd follow?

And what did you guya think of the flavor?? Worked hard there :P bet you disnt guess YOU are the bad guy!

Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:15 am

Post by Suzune »

This was a very interesting game. i enjoyed having the two mafia. I think the idea with the bullet proof vests was interesting and I would love to see what would happen in the game had we not been so lucky to have the mafia cross kill.

I enjoyed the flavor. It was fun to read and added to the game.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:11 pm

Post by dramonic »

The BPness doesn't make it effectively 13p, it gives town 2 failproof.
the game can be 9-1 on day 2 with town still having two BP vests. That's kinda fucked up :P
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I honestly didn't think you were town, dram, lol. I do desperately want to play with you again.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by dramonic »

You're a butt >:(
Also sure, if a game comes up you can shoot me a message.
I'm a hoot
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1080, dragonspawn wrote:It was a good game. I'm annoyed i was killed so early.

You gave yourself away coming after me so hard. :]
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Shos, the flavor was most excellent, great job!

Congrats, Town, good game, all. <3
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

TellTaleHeart, definitely you're my choice for MVP!
-
MiniDeathStar
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:18 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Ok, explain; how did TTH play well? I'm here to learn. I was on to her for 3 days. How did she play well and how do I convince people of what I think?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:28 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1092, Wanderer-nl wrote:Ok, explain; how did TTH play well? I'm here to learn. I was on to her for 3 days. How did she play well and how do I convince people of what I think?

You may have been on to her, but you didn't get her lynched for 3 days. :]
-
MiniDeathStar
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:55 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I know. I want to know how I can improve to get my fellow-townies to actually take me seriously. And please don't tell me I need to use hearrts and sweet words. I don't do that. Maybe I should have signed up as a male after all...
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:25 am

Post by shos »

In post 1086, dramonic wrote:The BPness doesn't make it effectively 13p, it gives town 2 failproof.
the game can be 9-1 on day 2 with town still having two BP vests. That's kinda fucked up :P
um, yes it does! This game can be 7-1 with 2 BP vests, not 9; and it's the same as a 9v2v2 can be 9-1 on day 2, without BP. Think it through :)

In post 1092, Wanderer-nl wrote:Ok, explain; how did TTH play well? I'm here to learn. I was on to her for 3 days. How did she play well and how do I convince people of what I think?

You should have pushed your points harder and focus on ONE target instead of more. keep pushing those points until they are well answered. If you're right, something is bound to happen.

Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:50 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I guess I tried to hard to avoid tunnelling.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:02 am

Post by dramonic »

err, you're right, 7-1.
Also I didn't say multiball in mini was a good idea either :p
I'm a hoot
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1094, Wanderer-nl wrote:I know. I want to know how I can improve to get my fellow-townies to actually take me seriously. And please don't tell me I need to use hearrts and sweet words. I don't do that. Maybe I should have signed up as a male after all...

Meh.

People get caught up in their own beliefs. In some games they obsess on their own egos. If everyone always listened to the voice of reason Town would win every game.

Do what you can and hope for the best.
-
MiniDeathStar
BlueMoonRising
BlueMoonRising
Goon
BlueMoonRising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by BlueMoonRising »

Glad we won!

I may not have been the most vocal but I have been lynched early and often in games past for "dominating discussion" and "wild theories".

So I tried a different strategy this game and let others do the talking and taking a more passive role. It seemed to have worked since my lynching record was pretty good. Sorry if it frustrated anyone.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”