Mini 1693: Fire vs Ice Mafia(End Date: 7/19/15)

ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:39 am

Post by ika »

i mean if hip misviged twice and modkills happened on inactives it would of been scum stomp and i would not feel hapyp about the win cus we won on a standpoint that i dont agree on
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:49 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 271, ika wrote:actaly hiplop we had dean self-kill

anyway after von god modkilled by the rule we both kinda went "well fuck it"

as for the modkill rule, i am also against it, tis not a batard thing its jsut a straight up "lets piss people off"

SO THATS WHAT HAPPENED.

I shot at dragon night one, figured there was a busdriver between dean and dragon.

Second night I shot you because I realized you were the only other possible scum lol
third best scummer of all time
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:14 am

Post by spicer1209 »

well this game sucked lol um good game everyone?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:21 am

Post by hiplop »

yea it sucked lol
They call me R
They call me R
Goon
They call me R
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:29 am

Post by They call me R »

I still dont get how we won
Setup please
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by Jingle »

2 goons 1jk vs 8vt 1 conditional Vig.

Conditional Vig kills if he targets scum gives 1shot bp if he targets town.

The bastard element is hiplop was told he was a Vig.
This is a Parachute.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by hiplop »

why did dean kill himselF???
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:41 pm

Post by ika »

In post 280, Jingle wrote:2 goons 1jk vs 8vt 1 conditional Vig.

Conditional Vig kills if he targets scum gives 1shot bp if he targets town.

The bastard element is hiplop was told he was a Vig.

IMO thats highgly imbaed into townside even with modkill mechanic

In post 281, hiplop wrote:why did dean kill himselF???

cus he was a doomed slot to ebgin with and i wanted to yolo swag and have a fuckery of confusion
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Yep I was pretty much guaranteed to be lynched if I survived the night, and if I hadn't self-killed, ika wouldn't have been able to JK.

And to address my scum slip and impart wisdom on everyone else: DON'T MAKE POSTS IMMEDIATELY AFTER A 12 HOUR WORK SHIFT.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by ika »

as for my suppoive "slip"

99% of the time i will not read a wincon, i will read alignment and role

the only time i pay attention to wincons is as 3rd parties cus sometimes it weird
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:35 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 282, ika wrote:IMO thats highgly imbaed into townside even with modkill mechanic

The power is slightly high for a town (equivalent to macho cop/doc/vig, give or take) with the balancing factor of town being boned if they lost any of their power. You were a roleblocker who couldn't also kill your target, meaning you had an extra shot of being right on PR hunting. And you guys started at 12 people instead of the normal 13 for a 3 person scumteam. The setup was theoretically balanced, if swingy, which is what I told Kari months ago.

As I said earlier, if I were ever to run a game with modkills replacing force replacements, then I would announce it as such in the queue, but that is mod choice and a valid ruleset to use. Frankly, if you don't like your mod's ruleset, you definitely need to talk to them about it. It's been used before and it will probably be used again. The only thing I can say is you should probably read your mod's ruleset before the game starts. :(

As far as our being a little lax on the modding side of it all, I have no excuses. Kari asked me for help long before this started (I knew I was backup modding before she even /inned in the queue) but I just have not been as on the ball as I normally am with this kind of thing. I could say part of it was that I was out of town for the start of game, and that definitely added to it, but I should have done a better job with this one. Sorry guys.

PEdit: Yeah, as a backup mod who knew ika was scum I didn't see what the slip thing was about, so...
This is a Parachute.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Post by ika »

In post 285, Jingle wrote:
In post 282, ika wrote:IMO thats highgly imbaed into townside even with modkill mechanic

1)The power is slightly high for a town (equivalent to macho cop/doc/vig, give or take) with the balancing factor of town being boned if they lost any of their power. You were a roleblocker who couldn't also kill your target, meaning you had an extra shot of being right on PR hunting. And you guys started at 12 people instead of the normal 13 for a 3 person scumteam. The setup was theoretically balanced, if swingy, which is what I told Kari months ago.

2)As I said earlier, if I were ever to run a game with modkills replacing force replacements, then I would announce it as such in the queue, but that is mod choice and a valid ruleset to use. Frankly, if you don't like your mod's ruleset, you definitely need to talk to them about it. It's been used before and it will probably be used again. The only thing I can say is you should probably read your mod's ruleset before the game starts. :(

3)As far as our being a little lax on the modding side of it all, I have no excuses. Kari asked me for help long before this started (I knew I was backup modding before she even /inned in the queue) but I just have not been as on the ball as I normally am with this kind of thing. I could say part of it was that I was out of town for the start of game, and that definitely added to it, but I should have done a better job with this one. Sorry guys.

4)PEdit: Yeah, as a backup mod who knew ika was scum I didn't see what the slip thing was about, so...

1) makes sense, i think jker would of been better if he was informed of the conditonal vig at least. i mean i could of targeted own people but it didnt play out like that but "shrugs"

2) agreed, what kinda ticked me in general is that it comes to my core belif of what a modkill is and when it should be used cus of its impact. for me, unless its explctive, i find it to be a very bad mechanic due to how it can swing games

3) you were fine

4) dean sliped about wincons wording, i did the same when i speced on 3p when wincon states only fire memebers
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Post by Jingle »

Nah, I got it with Dean. Your's just wasn't the same thing. His was a slip nestled inside of PR fishing, and yeah man, definitely get more sleep.
This is a Parachute.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by Netherspite »

@ika

Your slip wasn't really a slip imo.
Someone even pointed it out during the game and I still didn't consider it a slip.
You played well.
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:46 pm

Post by hiplop »