Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:15 pm

Post by PokerFace »

ebwop delete the last one please varsoon

my suggestions to make this game less swingy but still balanced

Admiral Perry should have only gained votes when town was lynched.
Scum win condition should have been less ambiguous (Read the scum PT and you'll see what i am getting at here)
Narrator should have been a scum safe claim (Scum claims were minor characters or obv scum characters. They needed at least one important character)

Firebringer should have been given the option to use the safe claim:
http://space-dandy.wikia.com/wiki/Professor_Duran
(More than one episode character that did some good helping main characters and fits the jaicrow theme)

Chameleonian should not also be narrator (Get rid of tree stump skills. Narrator and chamelion can be two different people despite show lore)
Johnny's lynch protection move should not grant night kill immunity to everyone in jaicrow empire
Meowth's flavor copping should be very ambigous and not out any scum (His rumors on rare aliens were also ambiguous in the show)
Dandy should not be able to reuse his inspect and protect skills
(Scarlet was a cop that could catch all the scum. And dandy could have protected her all game outside being blocked by Gel or Jravolta).

To anyone that says scum/Xtoxm's role was too powerful look at the bad safe claims. Consider that meowth could have outed me despite my already poor safe claim. And my safe claim was best we had. Consider that Town had 1 cop in scarlet that no scum was immune to. Town had a tracker that could track anyone during any night. You could follow them tonight or any night in the past. Dandy was also a cop and his skills could have protected scarlet and honey. He could also kill people and confirm scarlet and honey as town. Dandy could have confirmed himself as dandy by using two day kills day 1 (One would work on day one) And bp could have confirmed himself by using his two day kills (None would have worked). Town had a direct counter to xtoxm and Gel's best abilities in QT. Scarlet could catch Bea and Admiral Perry. All 4 investigators should feasibly work on Gel
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

ebwop
In post 1725, Yukari wrote:Perhaps should have massclaimed sooner?

No you did it at the right time. My day skill could have ended any day early which would have ruined mass claim if you did it day 1. Doing it after I was dead and after meowth was dead and useless (He could only out my safe claim), was the perfect time

Mass flavor claim day 2 should have cleared: Dandy, Dandy2, Scarlet, Honey, QT

That would have left: Bea, Johnny, Fredinand(xtoxm), Prince, Jravolta, Adelie

Dandy kills Bea and confirms who is dandy and who is dandy2.

Scarlet investigates one of the remaining 5. You lynch one of the 4. Dandy checks Adelie and gets his investigation back. We have 2 unconfirmeds left.
If Honey targets NOT xtoxm then you have only 1 unconfirmed left. If she targets Xtoxm then you have 2 unconfirmeds as xtoxm would give no result
Scarlet checks 1-2 confirmeds left. You lynch other GG Town WIN!

And during that night Dandy protects scarlet. Scarlet protects QT and Honey. Honey redirects everything from dandy2 to herself
Dandy, Dandy2, Scarlet, Honey, and QT are all unkillable during that night! Scum can't really kill anyone to stop that plan!
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Drama Queens
Drama Queens
Goon
Drama Queens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:36 am

Post by Drama Queens »

I don't mind the pt being public

And I,am pretty sure Tammy doesn't mind either

But I am pretty sure that I am not going to be playing with zakk or skull anytime in the near future.

I also am not overly upset over the setup, and I think the roles themselves were nice, though I don't think everyone used.their powers optimally
Drama Queens
Drama Queens
Goon
Drama Queens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:39 am

Post by Drama Queens »

Also, I completely looked over the bea claim because fire looked so much like someone who didn't know the team because he... Didn't. I also didn't think/have seen traitor used in that way before
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:50 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

I would also most definitely am up for another varsoon game
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

<3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

Everyone has signed off, so here are the Private Topics!
Jaicro Empire:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62415

Aloha Oe:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=62417
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:57 am

Post by Oversoul »

Yeah, just don't include another role like Xtoxm's role.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:22 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1711, Varsoon wrote:Town simply did not play smartly. Zakk blocked several town powers. (Adelie) did not disable Xtoxm immediately when Alchemist revealed they had a 4-power result on him. There were lots of ways town could've shut down Xtoxm, but instead of putting heads together, they didn't make full use of their roles to the best benefit of town.

that shouldn't have sunk town

a couple town members playing suboptimally shouldn't sink town. in terms of margin of error, scum should DEFINITELY have the smaller one simply b/c the game is inherently scum-sided (because they're informed).

i think i'd be over it already if we lost in 5p lylo. but the random day 3 / 9 player lylo just gets me. no offense to xtoxm and i know i'm being a sore loser, but i don't think i'm out of line by saying scum didn't rock this game by any means. and if you were going to let scum have these dominating DAY POWERS like they had to make mislynches easier, town needed investigatives that got DEFINITIVE innos and guilties or active ways to stop kills OR more nightkill potential themselves.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:36 am

Post by Firebringer »

Scum didn't know my alignment.

Only toxin and PF knew each other.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:37 am

Post by Firebringer »

Read their chat, day 1 xtoxm wanted me lycnehd
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:40 am

Post by Oversoul »

I knew the Bea claim was really weird...
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Trust, the next game won't be built around the whole 3-day limit thing.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1733, Heartless wrote:i think i'd be over it already if we lost in 5p lylo. but the random day 3 / 9 player lylo just gets me. no offense to xtoxm and i know i'm being a sore loser, but i don't think i'm out of line by saying scum didn't rock this game by any means. and if you were going to let scum have these dominating DAY POWERS like they had to make mislynches easier, town needed investigatives that got DEFINITIVE innos and guilties or active ways to stop kills OR more nightkill potential themselves.

QT had a direct counters to Perry super hammer and Gel's day skip skill. Read QT's role and you will see what I mean. He could revenge kill Perry and be auto protected when there was no lynch due to my day skill

Dandy was unkillable. Captain Johnny could make his entire neghborhood unkillable for one night

I previously outlined how Scarlet, Honey, Dandy, and QT could effectivly create a team of 5 players that could not be killed. Only way it could have been stopped would be via my day end skill or my jail keep and both of those actions need to be done before the town's actions. My jail keep was delayed and had to be on whoever i previously tracked. I can't jailkeep someone i fail to track first.

Also my day skip skill (that could have stopped dandy's telegraphed powers) was 1 time use and it did NOT increase the power of Gel's hammer as it forced no lynches and lynches were needed for the hammer to expand

Scarlet's role could catch all the scum as her skill was a day skill. Perry was not immune to it. Only Bea could have survived it and thats only if Gel and Perry were still alive. If they were dead Bea couldn't survive it either

So yes did have alot of counters but they were not used
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1734, Firebringer wrote:Scum didn't know my alignment.

Yay our group not truly having 3 members that could chat together kinda messed with mine and xtoxm's heads alot. We worried about sk's and the possibility of a jaicrow faction too much
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1739, PokerFace wrote:
In post 1734, Firebringer wrote:Scum didn't know my alignment.

Yay our group not truly having 3 members that could chat together kinda messed with mine and xtoxm's heads alot. We worried about sk's and the possibility of a jaicrow faction too much

Sorry we tried to get you lynched day one fire. We didn't know you were with us. Definitely thought you were against us
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:25 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Did Fire know who the other scum were?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Firebringer was not informed. I wanted to see how a double-blind traitor would work out.
Imo, it did not add too much to the game other than scum paranoia.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Yeah, I was shocked when PF flipped scum. And thought my best bet was to actually hunt scum.

I was really trying to lynch scum the whole game after Day 1 lynch.

I thought Alchemist or BP was the other scum.
BP I thought was possibly a neutral but I wasn't for sure.

I didn't see Xtoxm as particularly scummy.

Only time I didn't scumhunt is with lynching Skull, which I honestly just did in the moment for lolz.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:05 pm

Post by Varsoon »

As a note, I just /in'd to mod Suikoden U-Pick mini-theme. So uh. Pre-in if you'd like?
Game obviously won't be running for another eon given how the minitheme queue is going.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I'll pre-in.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Will it be bastard?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:12 pm

Post by Varsoon »

No, it's advertised as non-bastard.
As a part of your Pre-in, you should send me 3 character options from the entire Suikoden series. Please also include which game your pick is from!
If you haven't played Suikoden before, uh... eh... there's over 500 characters to choose from here so... eh...
http://www.suikosource.com/games/sod.php?pf=S1
Click 'Stars of Destiny' under any of the titles and then you can follow the links from any character name to their page and read about 'em, at least?
Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Of course, another option would just be to say three 'types' of characters you like and I'll find some appropriate matches to run by you.
So, you could say, "I want to play a fearless hero" or "I like the scheming sort of guy", I'd give you popular iterations of those 'types' within the series.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:00 pm

Post by Firebringer »

/ pre in ; I am sure it will be as fun as this!!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”