Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:43 am

Post by Vedith »

How is it defensive?
I questioned Pist with his false information.

You haven't even confirmed if it matches yours yet.
I claim scum \o/
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:18 am

Post by pistachi0n »

It looks like your only intent is to cast shade on me.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 am

Post by Vedith »

No, it's my not sure what the fuck you are on about.
Whatever, GL knows my scum game, if he thinks it's this with nothing to back up then he can lose it for town.

I want to know why Flubber won't confirm though.
I claim scum \o/
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

okay reasons I'm suspicious of Vedith:

-SilverWolf NK night 1 - SilverWolf was starting to hint at a Vedith scumread in her later posts. Vedith dismisses me pointing this out as he can "just push her as scum" if he were scum, but I think he'd rather just avoid the spotlight altogether.

-Aristophanes, another NK, was also indicating thoughts of scum!Vedith throughout his ISO.

-Vedith caught on very quickly to a possible scumslip by Titus talking about setup spec as to whether it was 10v3 or 10v2v1. I think as a 1 3P scum, he would be more prone to identify that kind of slip. He didn't push it explicitly for this reason, but re-reading his ISO it looks like he was aware that she knew the Alien faction was only 2 players.

-bomb claim doesn't make sense, in hindsight - so he's town that counterkills scum attacking him? How is that balanced? Would make sense if he killed anyone who targeted him, but he specifically clarified that it's only people who try to kill him. If I investigated him and got a clear, he'd be conftown throughout that can't be NK'd without the scum losing.

-AtE at the end here... if I "lose it for town" then I apologize, but I don't see the value in pre-emptively blaming me instead of coming up with a better case on pistachi0n.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Flubber can you confirm that pistachi0n is not lying about you being afraid of banks?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

I can confirm pist is correct about my flavor
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

Yeah, now that I think of it, the bomb claim sounds like a bad attempt to warn us.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:39 pm

Post by Vedith »

"How is that balanced" - GL in a bastard game. :facepalm:

I'm done, the points against me are so weakly done. Everyone has thought of me as scum but GL picks out 2 that we don't even know who they were killed by.
Bomb is a pretty comments role so to say it's odd it just stupid. This is actually my 3rd time as it. :facepalm:
I claim scum \o/
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: Vedith
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:00 am

Post by Vedith »

GG :Twisted:
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:01 am

Post by Vedith »

I didn't really know where to go with it. The flavour that Pist said wasn't in my role so it confused me lol.
I claim scum \o/
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Wait, really? I thought she had it right and you were trying to discredit
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:59 am

Post by Vedith »

No I was being honest lol.
I mean, I lied about mine as well, but it doesn't match to what mine says in role PM xD
I claim scum \o/
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by Jingle »

VOTE COUNT 4.3

Flavor.

Flubbernugget (3): pistachi0n, Flubbernugget, Guilty Lion,
pistachi0n (1): Vedith,
GuiltyLion (0):
Vedith (0):

Not Voting (0):

Vedith, Serial Killer, was lynched D4.

The town wins!
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Jingle »

Town of Helen Setup

Spoiler: Loud Alien Roleblocker (VR)

Code: Select all

Welcome, friends, to the Town of Helen.

You, [playernamehere] are the [color=#FF0000]Alien Jailkeeper[/color]. You have access to this PT: [PT LINK HERE] where you may discuss tactics with your partner, [playernamehere].

You will win when the Aliens and their Allies have taken control of the town, or nothing can prevent the same.

Powers:
[b]Filthy Human Skins[/b]: You spend the dayphases disguised as a completely Normal Human named Larry R. Smith, who does Normal Human Things, like vote, lynch, and consume tacos.
[b]Inferior Humans, Inferior Problems[/b]: Your long range scans have picked up transmissions, and you've learned a horrible secret. The entire planet is controlled by a malicious Computer running an experiment.
[b]Phasers Set to Kill[/b]: You and your partner share a factional kill. Once per night, one of you may submit the name of another player, and that player will die.
[b]Probing the Plebeians[/b]: You may choose one player every night. That player will be taken aboard your craft and experimented on. Because of that, no kills or other actions will be able to target that player. In addition, that player will be unable to perform any actions. The experience is memorable despite all precautions to the contrary, however, and your target will be notified that they were targeted, via a flavored PM. Note: They will not be told you were the one to target them.

Spoiler: Alien Janitor (Cococaine)

You, [playernamehere] are the [color=#FF0000]Alien Janitor[/color]. You have access to this PT: [PT LINK HERE] where you may discuss tactics with your partner, [playernamehere].

You will win when the Aliens and their Allies have taken control of the town, or nothing can prevent the same.

Powers:
[b]Filthy Human Skins[/b]: You spend the dayphases disguised as a completely Normal Human named David Wong, who does Normal Human Things, like vote, lynch, and consume tacos.
[b]Inferior Civilization, Inferior Problems[/b]: Your scans of the human communications network known as the Internet has proven to be an unexpected trove of knowledge. Your efforts have earned you inside knowledge on the human governments. The governments of the world have introduced drugs specifically to subjugate minorities and those with less money and keep them complacent.
[b]Phasers Set to Kill[/b]: You and your partner share a factional kill. Once per night, one of you may submit the name of another player, and that player will die.
[b]Reassembling the Corpses[/b]: If you are the one who performs your factional kill, then you'll take the body into your craft in order to disguise what you've done. The silly humans will never realize you're hunting them if they don't find any corpses. In order to stop them, all of your corpses will be flipped as "[Playername], The Town Cow", although you will be notified of their original occupation and Role PM.

Spoiler: Recruitable SK (ALIENS!)

You are Bridget Rhinehart, a completely normal citizen of the [color=#00FF00]Town of Helen[/color]. Ah, who am I kidding. You're messed up. You're a [color=#FF8000]Recruitable Serial Killer[/color], obsessed with finding your alien masters. You will not rest until you've searched the skulls, lungs and personal automobiles of every member of the town in order to find them.

You will win when you are the sole remaining living player, or if you get a new wincondition and satisfy it.

Powers:
[b]I Wonder Where This Piece Goes[/b]: You may target a player at night. That player will die, and you will be told what their role, species, and alignment. Unfortunately you haven't learned enough to put them back together afterwards though.
[b]Masked In Anonymity[/b]: You've never put a fot out of line, as far as anyone knows. Any investigations targeting you will show you clear and clean, never having committed a sin.
[b]A Bright and Shining Future[/b]: You've always known we're not alone. Whether they're already among us or not, aliens exist. And one day, they will come for you.
[b]MY MASTERS![/b]: If one of the scum targets you with an action, you will be recruited to join the scum faction. If that happens, you will lose your other abilities and gain access to the scum faction's abilities, whatever they may be.

Spoiler: Upon Recruitment

[code]Hello, Bridget.  We've been waiting for you.

Last night, you were targeted by someone... Different. Someone who you've been searching for your entire life. Someone who's come from a very long ways away.

You have joined the [color=#FF0000]Alien[/color] faction, and have lost access to your previous abilities. As a consolation, however, you've now got the following abilities:

[b]Purge This Place of the Unworthy[/b]: Each night, you may target a player to remove them from the town. As long as the Alien Jailkeeper is alive, this ability will function the same way as [b]Reassembling the Corpses[/b] does. You may not use this action if either of your partners uses their factional kill action.
[b]Masked In Anonymity[/b]: You've never put a fot out of line, as far as anyone knows. Any investigations targeting you will show you clear and clean, never having committed a sin.
[b]They'll Believe Anything[/b]: You know now that you were right. You also know that the rest of the town is full of gullible fools who believe in the craziest things. Unfortunately, you also know there is a man who listened when you talked, and knows about your belief in the alien lords. Hopefully he doesn't put two and two together.
[b]Messages In My Head[/b]: You may talk to your partners [PT LINK HERE] at any time.
[/code]

Spoiler: Conspiracy Theorist 1 (Rosicrucians)

You are Audrey Brown, a Conspiracy Theorist in the [color=#00FF00]Town of Helen[/color].

You will win when every threat to your precious town has been neutralized.

[b]Deepest, Darkest Hole You Can Find[/b]: Once a night, you may target a player. You will be told whether that player is guilty.
[b]Who Knows What's In My File[/b]: You've gone into the darkest dens and the seediest dives searching for proof. Unfortunately, you've gone into the darkest dens and the seediest dives. You're certain that anyone looking into your past will think you're involved in just about anything they're looking for.
[b]I TOLD You, It's The[/b]: You've known for years who's really responsible for everything wrong in the world. They just don't believe you. But soon. Soon you'll have proof and everyone will believe you when you tell them about the secret cabal of individuals who have shaped religion to distort the truth about their so-called "savior."

Spoiler: Conspiracy Theorist 2 (CIA-Facebook)

You are Charles Miller, a Conspiracy Theorist in the [color=#00FF00]Town of Helen[/color].

[b]Deepest, Darkest Hole You Can Find[/b]: Once a night, you may target a player. You will be told whether that player is guilty.
[b]Who Knows What's In My File[/b]:You've frequented the darkest corners of the Internet searching for proof. Unfortunately, you've got a bit of a colorful search history. You're certain that anyone looking into your past will think you're involved in just about anything they're looking for.
[b]I TOLD You, It's The[/b]: You've known for years who's really responsible for everything. You've always known about the secret government directive that was responsible for the creation of Facebook, and it's subsequent use to spy on humanity. Unfortunately, now they know you know. And they don't care who they hurt to bury you.

Spoiler: Psychiatrist

You are Jeremy Weaver, a Psychiatrist in the [color=#00FF00]Town of Helen[/color].

[b]I'm Not Crazy, But I Know Who Is[/b]: Once a night, you may target a player. You will learn the unique insanity of that player.
[b]Everyone In This Town Is Nuts[/b]: Every player in this game believes in some kind of insane conspiracy except you. Of course, you've done nothing to remedy this, because you've found that all of these idiots have more money than sense. If they can't hold onto their cash, why shouldn't you be the one to liberate it?

Spoiler: Miller (Mafia)

You are Mario DeSteffano, a citizen in the [color=#00FF00]Town of Helen[/color].

[b]I've Done Some Things[/b]: Yours is not the cleanest of pasts. You've done more than a few things you're not proud of, but that's all behind you now. What you do know is that any cop who looks you up is gonna be convinced that you're involved with the organized crime in the area.
[b]I Know This Family[/b]: You've seen a town like this before. And given your experience, you know that the mafia is involved. Why did they follow you out into the middle of nowhere.

Spoiler: 1 Doctor (Fan Death)

You are Dr. Marcus Tan, a completely normal citizen of the [color=#00FF00]Town of Helen[/color].

[b]I'm Sure One of These Treatments Will Help[/b]: Once a night, you may target a player. That player will be immune to kill attempts that night.
[b]Silent, and Deadly[/b]: You're one of the few. You know the horrible truth. Fans will pull the air right out of your lungs, but that wouldn't be a problem if Big Fan wasn't sending in agents to silence anyone who spoke out.

Spoiler: VT Werewolf

You are Jesse McCall, a completely normal citizen of the [color=#00FF00]Town of Helen[/color].

[b]Hair Started Growing in Strange Places[/b]: You knew you were different. All of your friends and family are normal humans, but that wasn't good enough for you now was it. You're a werewolf. Maybe you've always been, or maybe it started recently, but one thing you know is that you have to lock yourself in every night, lest you kill.

Spoiler: VT Demon

You are Kelly Height, a completely normal citizen of the [color=#00FF00]Town of Helen[/color].

[b]Hell Hath No Fury[/b]: You've been running as long as you can remember. And you'll never stop. There's a demon from hell that's been following you, possessing people and using them to cause you harm. And it's started again, in this new town. It's only a matter of time before you'll have to run again.

Spoiler: VT Bankers

You are Chuck Stewart, a completely normal citizen of the [color=#00FF00]Town of Helen[/color].

[b]They've Bought My Freedom[/b]: Freedom. What is it really? Well, you've never known, and you never will, so long as the banks maintain their chokehold on humanity. But you have plans. Grand plans. And one day, they'll learn not to mess with the little guy.

Spoiler: VT Chem Trails

You are Tess Martin, a completely normal citizen of the [color=#00FF00]Town of Helen[/color].

[b]The Air Is Full Of Secrets[/b]: Have you ever stared into the sky, watching the little white trails behind an airplane? Next time, don't. What most people don't realize is that jet fuel doesn't leave a trail. Those are actually chemicals used by the big airlines to make people want to travel. And they know you're onto them. They're coming. Be Prepared.

Spoiler: VT Reptoids

You are John Rhodes, a completely normal citizen of the [color=#00FF00]Town of Helen[/color].

[b]Deep, Deep Underground[/b]: They know you're here. But that's okay, because you know too. They're coming. And no one else knows. You've tried. God knows you've tried to warn them. But the Reptilian overlords, in their celebrity and politician guises have finally taken note. And they're coming.

Sample PMAt least one player did not get the following Role PM:

You are Bessie,
Town Cow

Mooo.
: Mooo.

Well Played Town!

I'll fix up the last bit of flavor sometime tomorrow. If anyone has questions about the setup or results, let me know and I'll answer those as well. ;)
This is a Parachute.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

gg everyone! Thanks for modding Jingle, this was a ton of fun throughout and I love the flavors in the PMs.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Yay!! gg town!!

That was a fun game even though I was whiny and bitchy I still had fun. It is just not fun to be tunneled by scum before I can even get my bearings in the game.

GL and Rob13-both of you, town MVP all the way. Seriously, you guys were obvtown and played really well

Thanks Jingle for modding and the great flavor-it was very creative.

Hope to play with you all again soon. I'll likely be taking a brief break from Mafia but I'll be back.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Silver, your ISO was extremely helpful as the game went on. You were pushing Titus, PB(/ETL), and had suspicion on Vedith too - all spot on reads
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think ETL did a great job on replacing in too - after we lynched vonflare and she flipped scum, I kept kicking myself thinking how on earth did she talk me out of lynching that slot. The "I confirmed myself" trick is a good one, I'll have to remember that for future games
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with my reads this game. They were better than usual. And yes, ETL did a fantastic job because PB was the lynch and she was able to turn that around so yep she's scum MVP for sure IMO.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also Vedith, this is three completed games with you as scum and you voted me first in every single one! I know your scumtell now :cool:
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

nice job yall :) that was a fun day for me haha
Art is cool.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by Rob14 »

ETL was scum MVP. She went from about-to-be-lynched scum to so town that she drew a night kill from the serial killer. That's pretty nuts.

I'm really satisfied with my play in my first game back in a long time. I caught PB from the word go, and I rethought my Titus read to realize she wasn't behaving as town would in certain situations. That's kind of a big deal for me, since I've dealt with tunnel vision issues in the past - I sort someone early into the town or scum categories and refuse to rethink my reads because I don't want to be misled by scum. Hopefully this indicates some progress there!

Vedith, on the other hand, totally slipped by me. I'd like to hope I would have caught on to him eventually, but I didn't read closely enough from Day 2 onward to comment on his play. His play Day 1 was solid, and he got to MyLo as an SK - that's not bad at all!
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:02 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1345, GuiltyLion wrote:also Vedith, this is three completed games with you as scum and you voted me first in every single one! I know your scumtell now :cool:

I thought that I only had 2 scum games with you?
I normally vote you or FB every game to be honest. xD
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:03 am

Post by Vedith »

But thanks for the game all, was a good one.
I really enjoyed my role and I was hoping that I would be recruited by the Aliens :P
I claim scum \o/

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”