Mini 1727: Legends of the Hidden Temple II - Game Over!

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:31 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2023, Shiro wrote:But Sala you were wrong about Me D: The only wrong read too :P

Shiro, you're always scum if I'm scum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Focus Beam
Focus Beam
Goon
Focus Beam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Focus Beam »

If you're interested, Salamance and I will be hosting a swingy, trolley style game. Balance should be good but no guarantees as we have an untested mechanic. It's based off the board game Dead of Winter. Town has to kill the scum, but also complete a secondary individual objective to win. 4 pre-ins remain.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

I enjoyed reading along with this game

I'm surprised bmolla got lynched given the VCA around it and the Ved wagon

I felt it was obviously suzune or vyse after the titus death and think town should have waited for suzune to challenge the jaguars rather than fire make a challenge since he was obv town here
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:07 am

Post by Davsto »

Well calling it a 1v1 is questionable when you couldn't be lynched :P
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Elbirn »

There were spots where I can't tell if I'm just really terrible or if scum was just really good

Davsto, molla, shiro and suzune were pretty much all lynches on townreads and if I'm not mistaken *I was a part of every single one*. Davsto couldn't have been scum with titus, Shiro and suzune were both super town to me...granted shiro wasn't an option because of the 1v1, but then we lynched suzie and I knew she was town. And then molla......K I had doubts about molla but not as much as vyse.

And a common thread between all of those, if I'm not mistaken, was scum yelling at us to lynch them xD

I think I need to stick to my guns more to improve at this game.

Uhm...anyone else have advice? I like being told what I fucked up so I can play better in the future.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Davsto »

To an extent I don't blame people on my speedlynch because it happened real quick but on the other hand the fact it was so damn quick should have rung alarm bells in terms of who pushed it.

As a general rule, listen to town who are dying. They're the people whose reads you can trust the most since you know they're town. If they make loads of points against a player, maybe consider them. Particularly if multiple town lynchees in a row say it.

I understand it can be annoying when people scream out things you disagree with in general, but other people are just as likely to be right as you. The only people whose alignments you know are you and any dead players. Try treating their reads like yours, albeit with a bit more scrutiny.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:04 am

Post by Elbirn »

^ true dat, playa. I will keep that in mind.

I think it might really help if I could start actually taking notes too. I wind up being wildly inconsistent half because I forget things that have happened and I just go with the flow. "Yaaay we killed suzune, oh wait I was townreading her and forgot"

Part of that note taking should be noting dead players reads and dying thoughts, because if I forgot what *I* think how the hell am I gonna remember what other people thought o.o
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:19 am

Post by Firebringer »

Awesome game guys.
Loved playing this with you all.

My sentiments are same as Shiro, I would definitely pre-in for LOTH III if that was a thing.

Great job on modding
Haschel Cedricson

I know i like messaged you like 3-4 times to give us updates after we speedlynched someone :P
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:46 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 2031, Elbirn wrote:^ true dat, playa. I will keep that in mind.

I think it might really help if I could start actually taking notes too. I wind up being wildly inconsistent half because I forget things that have happened and I just go with the flow. "Yaaay we killed suzune, oh wait I was townreading her and forgot"

Part of that note taking should be noting dead players reads and dying thoughts, because if I forgot what *I* think how the hell am I gonna remember what other people thought o.o

I was about to jump on you hard for that. :P

Fire just didn't give me enough time.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:48 am

Post by VysePresident »

In retrospect, I probably would have done better to drop trying to make a case & just push Fire on gut. (though I was a little amused that you think I couldn't have brought all your scummy crimes to bear on you, you scummy Elbirn scum you; :P )

The funny thing is, I nearly posted to kinda tease Fire about how easily he shifts, and hoping he wouldn't forget about me once Elbirn started talking. I left it alone because I felt I'd be giving you fuel to lynch me, and I didn't have time to work out a more effective angle before I left for work.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:52 am

Post by BBmolla »

just so we're clear, we're chill Vyse, it's just a game

gg
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Davsto »

See on one hand I think I'm getting good at pinning Titus!scum, but I don't think I've actually ever played with her in a situation where we're both town. So, ya know.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:55 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2034, VysePresident wrote:(though I was a little amused that you think I couldn't have brought all your scummy crimes to bear on you, you scummy Elbirn scum you; :P ).

Oh yeah no doubt I played like an absolute scumshit this game. I made a lot of bad moves. That part was just bluster and talking shit xD
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:58 am

Post by BBmolla »

I think I got mad really well
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:01 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 2035, BBmolla wrote:just so we're clear, we're chill Vyse, it's just a game

gg

Alright, it's fine man.

Just keep in mind that stuff legitimately messes with my head hard. :P
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:03 am

Post by VysePresident »

I love all the rage & grief in the deadthread. :P

For what it's worth, I meant I was trying to temper the AtE, and avoid being outright cruel. I did want that win really badly though.

As a matter of fact Dav, you were in fact my push entirely because of how afraid I was of letting you live. I'm not sure we'll always agree stylistically, but your accuracy this game was phenomenal & terrifying.

I did cringe when I reread some of the stuff I wrote. I really was hammy, wasn't I? :P
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:04 am

Post by BBmolla »

I mean in the heat of the moment I might say "FUCK YOU YOU FUCKER" but in the end, it was all a game, and I still admire and appreciate you as a person and player :)
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:06 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 2040, VysePresident wrote:As a matter of fact Dav, you were in fact my push entirely because of how afraid I was of letting you live. I'm not sure we'll always agree stylistically, but your accuracy this game was phenomenal & terrifying.

hehe

tbf your superquick push on me was pretty good, probably the most likely scenario to get me lynched. You got away with it with barely a second glance, because for some reason town just shrugged it off.

To be fair though, my reads this game were 25% fluke (Vedith) 25% sheep (Kaito) and only 50% genuine (Titus/you) and even then I refused to push Titus when I too couldn't be lynched because I can be quite proud. I wasn't going to get annoyed at Titus for making a 1v1 when she couldn't be lynched and then pull that crap myself.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:19 am

Post by Davsto »

Although, after reading through the dead thread I am quite proud as to the accuracy of some of my speculative statements.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:19 am

Post by Davsto »

*scum thread
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 2042, Davsto wrote:
In post 2040, VysePresident wrote:As a matter of fact Dav, you were in fact my push entirely because of how afraid I was of letting you live. I'm not sure we'll always agree stylistically, but your accuracy this game was phenomenal & terrifying.

hehe

tbf your superquick push on me was pretty good, probably the most likely scenario to get me lynched. You got away with it with barely a second glance, because for some reason town just shrugged it off.

To be fair though, my reads this game were 25% fluke (Vedith) 25% sheep (Kaito) and only 50% genuine (Titus/you) and even then I refused to push Titus when I too couldn't be lynched because I can be quite proud. I wasn't going to get annoyed at Titus for making a 1v1 when she couldn't be lynched and then pull that crap myself.

Yeah, that much was obvious, and that's why I used that angle to discredit your pushes. You were 'too good' without being serious about some of those pushes. (And yeah, I recognized that you really, really wanted that 1v1 with Titus, but it was weird enough that I could spin it.)

That said, you were still scary - I don't know that I'll sheep you forever quite yet, but you've got some respect pal.

I was amused at how well it worked, honestly. It did make it difficult to set up another lynch though, which was what I wanted to plant during the course of a battle.

Lynching Molla like I did was a shock. I was sure it was going to be my last stand, with the slimmest hope of delaying a lynch until the next phase. The quicklynch had me laughing so hard until stuff happened.

In retrospect, I know how I should have handled Fire, and I'm pretty sure I'm ready for the next time, pal. ;)
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:04 pm

Post by Suzune »

I think that the final three did amazing there are the end. Good job to everyone~
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Sad I missed sign-ups for your Pun Mafia, but it's probably for the best, given that I tend to be trying for a one to two game limit anymore. Still, maybe keep me listed if you need replacements, okay? If I can get life to a manageable spot...well, I'm not called the Punisher for nothing, and I will take Punitive measures on anyone who dares to challenge me. :P
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 2046, Suzune wrote:I think that the final three did amazing there are the end. Good job to everyone~

Thanks Suz! :)

For what it's worth, you were another person I wanted gone in LyLo, because I don't believe I can manipulate you effectively as any alignment. :P

We're so very similar, and so very different at the same time, y'know? It's kinda weird.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 2048, VysePresident wrote:We're so very similar, and so very different at the same time, y'know? It's kinda weird.
I agree so much. We have a similar style so I love to hear your opinions, however, at the same time I want to get rid of you all the time for that too.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”