Mini 1732 - Super Smash Bros. Project M(afia) - D7!

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:12 pm

Post by Davsto »

EBWOP: what I meant to say is that Firebringer controlled both his slot and Nana.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by vonflare »

I will admit, the scumteam was mildly underpowered. The split NK was a larger hindrance than I anticipated. Their exceptional play, however, got them to the endgame.

Also, I think including the lyncher on the mentor was a mistake. The mentor was one of my favourite roles in the setup, and I was afraid I made him too powerful so I put a lyncher on him to be safe.

In addition, I was sad that Mario got dayvigged before he could start blowing up posts :/

Nana worked as I had anticipated, however. Basically a ‘cool confusing doublevoting mechanic’.

All in all, I’m pretty happy with the way this game turned out. I learned some lessons too: serialkillers with bulletproof are way better than serialkillers without, split mafia kill is a very large nerf, and don’t put lynchers on third party roles.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by vonflare »

Spoiler: ROLES

Welcome, LicketyQuickety! You are
Capitain Falcon

(Town delayed-death 1-shot day vigilante)

You may only use one ability per phase.

Day abilities:
Falcon punch
: (1-shot). Post in thread FALCON PUNCH: <player>.

Night abilities:
None

Passives:
Show me your moves
: each time you place a hammer vote, you gain a taunt point. When you die, if you have at least one taunt point, you live on for one more day, and die at the end of that day phase.

Kill flavor:
Falcon Punched

You win with the
town

Game thread is here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p7320679

Welcome, Gendaberry! You are
MewTwo

(Town even-night roleblocker super roleblocker universal miller)

Day abilities:
None

Night abilities:
Confusion
: (1-shot). Target a player to roleblock them, remove positive effects, and deactivate their passive abilities for this night phase and the following day phase. This works even if the target is immune to actions or roleblocks.
Shadow ball
: (even-night). Target is roleblocked. You can only use this ability on even nights, as you need a night to charge the shadow ball in between.

Passives:
Dark aura
: you investigate as mafia to investigative roles, and are detected as targeting someone who dies every night.

You win with the
town

Welcome, GuiltyLion! You are
Kirby

(Town 1-shot absorber 1-shot commuter)

Day abilities:
None

Night abilities:
Inhale
: (1-shot). Select another living or dead player to absorb and gain the use of one of their abilities.
Stone
: (1-shot). Become a stone for this phase, rendering you immune to most actions.

Passives:
None

You win with the
town

Welcome, Wanderer-nl! You are
Roy

(2-shot modified PGO 2-shot action redirector)

Day abilities:
Counter
: (2-shot). post the word 'counter' in bold to be put into counter mode for the rest of this day phase and the following night phase. While in counter mode, any actions that would kill you or damage you are blocked, and you inflict % on your attacker.

Night abilities:
Flare blade
: (2-shot). redirect all actions from one target to another target.

Passives:
none

Kill flavor:
Burned

You win with the
town

Welcome, all alone! You are
Fox

(Town modified roleblocker best friend)

Day abilities:
none

Night abilities:
Lasers
: each night, you may laser someone. This inflicts (hitstun). If someone else also inflicts (hitstun) to them in the same phase, they will be roleblocked.

Passives:
Space Animal
: You are best friends with Tails, who is
Falco
. You are confirmed town to them, and they are confirmed town to you. You have identical roles and abilities.

You win with the
town

Welcome, tails! You are
Falco

(Town modified roleblocker best friend)

Day abilities:
none

Night abilities:
Lasers
: each night, you may laser someone. This inflicts (hitstun). If someone else also inflicts (hitstun) to them in the same phase, they will be roleblocked.

Passives:
Space Animal
: You are best friends with All Alone, who is
Fox
. You are confirmed town to them, and they are confirmed town to you. You have identical roles and abilities.

You win with the
town

Welcome, A Simple Plan! You are
Pit

(Town modified roleblocker modified doctor)

Day abilities:
none

Night abilities:
Palutena's Arrow
: Shoot an arrow at someone. This inflicts (hitstun). If someone else also inflicts (hitstun) to them in the same phase, they will be roleblocked.
Guardian Orbitars
: Protect yourself or someone else with your shield. This protects them from all kills and %. However, if a town member dies on a night that you protect yourself, and you were not saved because of your protection, your guilt prevents you from using this ability anymore.

Passives:
none

You win with the
town

Welcome, Klick! You are
Ice Climbers

(Alignment-variable tag-team tracker survivors)

Day abilities:
none

Night abilities:
Ice Shot
: each night, you may use your ice shot to track another player, and see who they visit. (Both ice climbers have this power, but they must both target the same player)

Passives:
Tag-Team
: This passive cannot be deactivated:
- You control the two ice climbers, Nana and Popo. Popo uses your main account, while Nana is an anonymous alt. username: Nana (password: -removed-).
- Nana is considered, for all purposes, another player.
- Your win condition changes depending on which and how many ice climbers are still alive:
- If both ice climbers are still alive, you are town-aligned
- If Nana dies, and Popo is still alive, Popo joins the mafia. The mafia will be informed that a traitor has joined them.
- If Popo dies and Nana is still alive, Nana becomes a neutral survivor.
- If both ice climbers are dead, you cannot win. If one ice climber is dead, you cannot win with the dead ice climber's win condition.
- Nana is immune to alignment changes not caused by this effect. If Popo's alignment changes and it was not caused by this effect, Nana will die.

Welcome, Metal Sonic! You are
Link

(Neutral loved 2-shot modified roleblocker 2-shot post-eraser 2-shot modified cop lyncher survivor)

Day abilities:
Triforce of Courage: Once per game day, you may ask me if a specific living player has a Triforce. I will respond with "Has Triforce" or "No Triforce".

Night abilities:
Boomerang
: (2-shot). You may target a player to inflict (hitstun) on them. If someone else also inflicts (hitstun) to them in the same phase, they will be roleblocked.
Arrow
: (2-shot). You may PM me a specific post number that you would like to shoot with your arrow. That post is erased and replaced with a picture of an arrow.
Interrogate
: (2-shot). You may target a player to determine their alignment (town, mafia, neutral). If your target dies during this night, you lose the ability to take night actions.

Passives:
Hero of Hyrule
: You are such a well-known hero that it takes an additional vote to lynch you.
Victory
: If Ganondorf is
lynched
and you are on the wagon, you gain 1-shot deathproof.

You win if you live to see
Ganondorf
dead and survive to endgame. If
Ganondorf
survives to endgame, or you die, you lose.

Welcome, Xtoxm! You are
Ganondorf

(Neutral heavy modified mentor roleblock-reflector)

Day abilities:
Triforce of Power: Once per game day, you may ask me if a specific living player has a Triforce. I will respond with "Has Triforce" or "No Triforce".

Night abilities:
Flame Choke
: (1-shot). During the night phase you may flame choke someone. They stay flame choked until they die. While flame choked, they know who you are and become your minion. They win if you win and die if you die. However, if you try to choke Link or Zelda it will fail, and the choke is not expended. Your minion will flip as the alignment that they had before. Your minion keeps all of their abilities that they had before. If your flame choke fails for any reason, it is not expended.
Warlock Sword
: (1-shot). You may use Warlock Sword if your minion displeases you. They are killed, and you regain your flame choke. If this action fails for any reason, it is not expended.
Dead Man's Volley
: You reflect all incoming hitstun during this night.

Passives:
Heavy
: You require 3 % instead of 2 to be killed. You can still be lynched normally.

Kill flavor:
Obliterated

You win if you and/or your minion are the only living player(s).

Communicate with your minion here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63785

Welcome, MarioManiac4! You are
Snake

(Neutral modified post-trapper serial killer 3-shot reflexive roleblocker)

Day abilities:
none

Night abilities:
Landmine
: You may PM me a post number that has not yet been posted. That post number is mined, and whomever posts there is blown up and killed. If the poster is not a player in the game (eg. the mod) the next post will explode instead. Be careful not to step on your own mine!

Passives:
Tranquilizer Gun
: If anyone targets you, You tranquilize them and they are roleblocked. However, you only have 3 darts. If more people than you have darts left target you, you tranquilize none of them.
Master of Stealth
: If you want a fake claim, you know that there is no role named 'Lucas' in the game.

Kill flavor:
Blown up

You win if you are the only living player.

Welcome, smiffle! You are
Zelda

(Mafia roleblock-resistant)

You are a member of the
Mafia
with your partner, Davsto, who is
Shiek
. You do not have a factional kill.

Day abilities:
Triforce of Wisdom
: Once per game day, you may ask me if a specific living player has a Triforce. I will respond with "Has Triforce" or "No Triforce".

Night abilities:
Din's Fire
: You may select a player to inflict % on. If someone with % gains % they die.

Passives:
Nayru's Love
: You require 3 (hitstun) to be roleblocked instead of 2.

Kill flavor:
Burned

You win with the
mafia

You may communicate with your scumbuddy at night here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63784

Welcome, Davsto! You are
Sheik

(Mafia ninja 2-shot day-commuter-night-communter-self-watcher)

You are a member of the
Mafia
with your partner, Smiffle, who is
Zelda
. You do not have a factional kill.

Day abilities:
Vanish
: (2-shot). During the day you may PM me saying you wish to vanish. You are removed from the game for the rest of that day phase and the following night phase. You will be informed who, if anyone, tries to target you during that night phase.

Night abilities:
Needles
: You may select a player to inflict % on. If someone with % gains % they die.

Passives:
Zelda's Disguise
: Any abilities that specifically affect Zelda affect you in the same way. You are considered to have a Triforce. This passive cannot be deactivated.
Sneaky
: You are a ninja. To investigative roles, you will appear to target no one, even if you target someone.

Kill flavor:
Sliced

You win with the
mafia

You may communicate with your scumbuddy at night here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63784
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by smiffle »

In post 1575, Davsto wrote:EBWOP: what I meant to say is that Firebringer controlled both his slot and Nana.

Oh! I didn't notice that. Thanks Dav! I'll throw some credit to fire for masking that actually. Well-done.
Lol at how bastard this game was. Control of two slots is OP, but awesome at the same time.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 1578, smiffle wrote:
In post 1575, Davsto wrote:EBWOP: what I meant to say is that Firebringer controlled both his slot and Nana.

Oh! I didn't notice that. Thanks Dav! I'll throw some credit to fire for masking that actually. Well-done.
Lol at how bastard this game was. Control of two slots is OP, but awesome at the same time.

not OP enough apparently :P
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:32 pm

Post by smiffle »

I advocate for a bastard game secretly filled with a bunch of double slots just for lolz.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by vonflare »

or a bastard game where signups are anonymous, and its actually just 1 person, and all the other slots are mod alts, but they don't know that.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by smiffle »

Or a three person wifom set-up with conf self-targetable Doc, cop, and one scum. but the doc and the scum are really mod-alts.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by smiffle »

Oh wait, I meant doc and cop, just to screw with the scum.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:23 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1578, smiffle wrote:Oh! I didn't notice that. Thanks Dav! I'll throw some credit to fire for masking that actually. Well-done.

I also scum read you hard, but nobody else saw it and I eventually relented.

Ohh well.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by smiffle »

Huge wrap-up post incoming.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by ika »

soudns fun i kidna already said my stuff. and most of it was in my role that can say what i was doing
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by smiffle »

So, this is my wrap up post. I’ve reviewed the game a bit, but I really tried to read what exactly it was that I was doing this entire game so I can learn off of it for future games. I also do a bit of player critique just to let people know how well they did and what they can improve on and such. You can dis-regard it if you want, but it’s really just there to provoke discussion and review of the game. I think reviewing a good-game is an important part of learning in mafia, so feel free to join in on the discussion.

Early on in the game, I wanted to approach it with a different tone in my posts, (i,e: aggressive and quick), but I soon realized I couldn’t keep up the façade. However, I just wanted to be a bit jovial early game by joking around. Originally, I didn’t realize I had taken Licketey’s bait, but I realized I could roll with it because I could strong-arm him with the support and votes my read on Licketey eventually produced. Somewhere along the way, I gained his town-read at the same time. After his wagon lost steam, I backed out a little bit, but I was actually quite surprised on how well I was received entering the game. I usually don’t have that luck in early game. I made sure to try and capitalize off people’s mis-reads A LOT during this game, thus my surprise when I was finally caught. Especially on day one, I’m throwing sus here and there while still making it seem like my main view was on Licketey, when it really wasn’t. I tried to keep reads from townies thrown at other townies indirectly with some general questions here and there, but really my main goal on day-one was dividing the town. Everyone knows breaking-up the town early-on proves really beneficial for the scum later on in the game, so that, plus the inactivity later-on really helped me a lot. (I don’t think anyone noticed this, but in post 1364 there was a mini SHROOPS, see if you can find it!)
On a side note: Sorry if I was a bit foul-mouthed at times early-game, but I really didn’t give a shit.

After day-one, I really tried to let the town do its thing by lynching the third parties and such in order to buy a bit more time for Dav and I to make Night Kills. I also kept pushing for the mislynchs, and just brushed over them once they were done. I think I set up a defense for each one if anyone questioned me about why I voted or such, but I never really needed to use that. As the game went on, and Dav and I just couldn’t get our solid night-kills through, I lost hope of our win. My focus shifted to survival, and prolonging the town’s misguidance. Eventually, that led to a semi-pop corned claim-game, and I was the obv scum in that moment.

Tails/Bulba
, I killed you early mainly for revealing in the thread that you’d be testing Genda’s claim. I wanted Genda’s role to remain uncertain for a potential mislynch later-on, (and that worked out quite nicely), but had you not said this, and had you not slipped, I probably wouldn’t have killed you. Your reads were pretty off too, so I wanted to benefit off the potential wifom that would run though town’s mind when they looked at your flip. I try to mix things up every now and then. You were also a good choice to NK because you hadn’t fully established your position in the town, making you an unlikely choice for doctor. It was a safe kill overall. I know you’re a really experienced player, but don’t take this critique too seriously, I’m just explaining my thoughts on you while I was in the game.

Guilty Lion
, I was hesitant about his strength as town in this game early on, (with all the “I’m going to wait a while before I give my reads” thing), but he actually really pulled through with his scumhunting later in the game. He was, without a doubt, my top choice for a scumkill those last two nights. Well-played move on his part to commute the second night, but I was still grasping for straws at that point in the game. He also masked his role really well. Von can confirm this if he wants to, but I sent him a pm stating that I was going to claim an absorber variant, and I wanted his thoughts on it. Then you claimed and that plan was shot down. Shaky beginning, but strong finish. I misjudged you when I was going over my NK options; thinking your vote could be swayed here and there with a little coaxing, but you really stood your ground, and that’s what I love about good town players, (and you did it in a non-stubborn manner too! Bonus points!).

Lickety
, I knew I had to enter the game from an angle, you ended up being my angle, and it really worked out for me later in the game. Your entry to the game was a bit awkward to me, even if I was town, I would’ve questioned it. That’s why I mainly choose you as a way to get myself grounded in the game as people’s town read by striking at the weak and/or odd parts in your stances. As the game progressed, I was surprised you came out of my tunnel town-reading me, but that really worked-out in my favor long term. Sniper-shot btw on the SK, like, holy-fuck that shit was out of a western. I didn’t want to compliment you on it at the time because I was scum-reading you, but that shit was cool. Your reads throughout the course of the game were really malleable, so I made sure to plant the seeds of doubt in your head about Genda early on. There were some early posts I forgot to write down the numbers to in which I did specifically this. You were already slightly reading Genda as scum day 1, so by the time post 1166, (the post that I think is what eventually led to Genda’s death), rolled around, you saw it as a completely plausible option that Genda was scum. I’m not sure if this eventually led to you seeing Genda as the scummy option on that day we lynched him, but I think it contributed. The only reason I wanted to point out this instance of manipulation is because I thought it was cool. Nothing more. Your end game was strong, but you were misguided a lot during the previous days. If we ever play again, I know I’ll thoroughly enjoy it, and who knows, we might even be on the same team.

Xtoxm
, it was a stroke of bad luck for MS to claim you as scum day 1. I questioned you somewhat about your reads and you helped me out by starting the lynch on Wanderer. Thanks. You actually weren’t half-bad day-1, other than the Guilty scum-lean, so it was kind of a shame to see the town just straight-up policy lynch you day 2. Being scum, I just went with it because it was bound to happen sooner or later, but I built up a counter wagon on Firebringer day 2 because I wanted to hedge him as a mislynch later-on.

Wanderer-nl
, you entered the game a bit late due to personal time-constraints, and you entered the game at a bit of an odd angle. I just went with this and ended up lynching you day one. You seemed a bit scatter-brained while you were here on day one, but it really would’ve helped had you taken initiative and dived right in.

Grib
, solid town play out of a replacement slot, but your early reads from just replacing in weren’t the best. I made sure to capitalize off that to full extent. To do this, I town-read you really from the get-go, and made sure that we were a bit buddy-ish, but not too buddy-ish. I forget my train of thought that concluding you were likely to be doctor, but I really wish I remember it now. Being spot-on with the doctor read surprised even me. One of the reasons I choose you as a night-kill was because I feared that your incorrect reads would eventually wear-off and become correct ones on me. Solid town-play though.

vonflare wrote:Smiffle just posted in the mafia PT that he thinks Grib is likely a doctor.

HARD READS

Only the hardest. I think I just spent a lot of this game pondering who could be what power-role.
I worked a lot with Dav to really try and figure out the game before town had the chance.

All Alone
, nice work on reading Dav early and relentlessly pushing him throughout the game. That’s where you really stood strong. Unfortunately, you did join in on the other wagons a little too much. If you had kept rooting for people to lynch Dav with the convicted read you had, then you would’ve really taken the cake. Strong early reads, but you were really compliant during the game. I think this was in-part because you town-read me, but just a bit of defiance would’ve really stolen the town game for you. Solid play overall for coming out on-top in the end-game. Well-done.

Davsto
, I really tried to create synergy between the two of us at different points in the game, and I really tried to keep your options open with the town against you by little bits of stalling, but eventually it just made more sense to bus you. It was a fun team though, I enjoyed it. The one thing I regret is that I wanted to strike up a rolling discussion with you in the scum PT, but it never seemed to happen. I’m just one for long discussions of thoughts on the game to see if my partner and I are on the same page. I wish we could’ve chatted more in general, more communication would’ve helped us a ton in the game thread. Bussing me that early on probably wasn’t the best idea. Unfortunately, scumreads piled onto you early in the game, and then it started to go down-hill from there. But, let me say, the most underated thing for scum to do is actually attempt to save their buddy from being lynched, it was really hard to do while maintaining a good-read status in the thread. I resorted to stalling your death mostly, but alas… The beginning of the game is crucial for establishing a good relationship with town, but even I fall down when it comes to this, so I don’t blame you at all for eventually getting lynched. I’m sure our play would’ve been really really solid had there not been so much pressure on you from town.

Firebringer
, you came into the thread and pointed a single finger at me, your main scumread. The only thing you fell down on was pushing me. Dang, you were in control of two separate slots! You could’ve totally used that to your advantage to make me look bad, but you didn’t. I’d just recommend pushing a little harder with a bit more content, and you would’ve been golden.

Mario, all I can say is Rip. Spot-on Day-vig shot by Lickety. That shit was fire.

Gendaberry
, you made correct moves as town with the

It’s a shame that MS was banned and everything, but I don’t disagree with the mods for imposing the retroactive ban. It was just really poor timing for us being on day 1. While Sonic was in the game, he actually made some pretty lasting impressions on the scum team discussion which you might read in the scum PT. Dav and I really worked on figuring out the game before the town knew so we could better predict it’s actions, and, for the most part, I’d say we were pretty spot-on. Let me just say, when ika entered the game, playing his town game as lyncher just made it the perfect strategy. However, I did think he would gambit a bit more and continue what Sonic started, but he never did. Well played third party role. I remember playing with ika as scum, (I think), in the Taylor Swift U-pick, and the town was really strong that game, but I’m going off on a tangent, nvm. On a side note, I loved Ika’s fearlessness during the endgame. He just went straight for the hammer, no regrets, even if it was obvious at that point.

I’m sorry if any of my feed-back offended you or anything, but I think it’s just a healthy thing to do after the game to really analyze what went wrong, and what went right.
If any of you are ever interested in playing another game with me again, (or you put me on your blacklist by being thoroughly disgusted), then my main account in Lucian Roy.
Again, Great-game everyone, and good work on the setup Von. The game was really enjoyable, and I look forward to a game you mod that isn't bastard.
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by smiffle »

Also, I think this was mentioned minimally, but rip PM. Ironic timing that the project ended right around Genda's lynch. I see he had no qualms about making that joke. (I was hype for Lynn)

Oh, and I guess sm4sh had a direct today. More FE characters. yay. (Bayonetta does look kind of sick, though).
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:12 pm

Post by vonflare »

Yeah, that was some spooky timing on pmdt disbanding
smiffle
smiffle
Goon
smiffle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:19 pm

Post by smiffle »

In post 1589, vonflare wrote:Yeah, that was some spooky timing on pmdt disbanding

Who do you main in pm, von? I'm just curious because I was thinking that at least one of the roles in the game was your main. Also, what inspired you to choose the characters you used in the setup? btw, I was expecting the Link, ganon, and zelda thing to go town, neutral, and scum to complete the trifecta, but I liked the twist.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Post by vonflare »

I main Ganon in PM!

I actually designed the setup FIRST, before adding the flavour / characters / etc. Then I figured out which character would be best suited to each role, tweaked the roles a bit to fit with the characters, and did a final balance pass on everything.

I did the triforce thing the way I did so that Ganon could not win with Link or Zelda, and Link and Zelda could not win with Ganon, but Link and Zelda can win together if Ganon is dead. It fits well with the flavour.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 1587, smiffle wrote:
Gendaberry
, you made correct moves as town with the

I'm not sure if you accidentally deleted the rest of this or just forgot to write more, but I'd be pretty interested in reading the rest of it. I have a pretty good feeling of how its going to go though.

Pretty fun game overall. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't have as much time as I would've liked to put into the game, but sometimes stuff comes up and there's not much you can do about it.

On an unrelated note, I'm still pretty sad that the PMDT disbanded. I play melee a lot more then PM, but squirtle has to be one of the funnest characters in any smash game. They did a great job with him.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:55 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

@Smiffle,

You played really an amazing game. Your tone came across very very townie; I have not seen Scum do that that well before. I know for a fact that my early game and end game are well above average, but my mid game sucks balls. I have a problem with having my reads be too malleable, this is true. I can't tell you the amount of times I have caught scum right off the bat only to change my read on them during mid and early-mid game. I was completely correct in my scum read on you early in the game. But you were hitting all the townie notes I look for mid game. The amount of effort you put into this game is a huge part of why I was not scum reading you, even though I know effort =/= alignment. You just played really really well, and in another world, with more NKs you take this one home hands down.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by vonflare »

Mine?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:57 am

Post by Equinox »

Mine?