Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:47 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2173, Plotinus wrote:It's possible I was also killed because of my role: I had correctly guessed that I was a PT cop and knew that my innocents were true innocents.

It's possible I was killed because I wasn't likely to get lynched.
Pretty sure it was because your role, but also you likely weren't going to get mislynched even if you lead bad wagons.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:49 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I'll take my mvp scum award now lol ;)
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:51 am

Post by Plotinus »

I was holding back; I could've lynched Meeseeks at any time on day 1 and I could've been a lot more forceful than I was about any of my reads. I knew my reads weren't that good this game even when I was playing. But people follow me anyway. I wish they wouldn't.

pedit: @firebringer
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:52 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2177, Plotinus wrote:I wish they wouldn't.
You asked them to follow you? What?

People think you are good, and you ask them to follow your reads and you say you wish they didn't?

Those are mixed signals.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:04 am

Post by Plotinus »

people expect my reads to be of higher quality than someone else's, but i'm not more important than anybody else, and i'm not neccessarily having a better game than anybody else. My reads are as good as I can make them, I'm always doing my best, but people expect me to be infallible, and nobody is infallible. Yeah, the Ranger lynch was on me. I had a bad read on her predecessor and I had a moment when I thought Ranger might be town and it felt so awful that town Ranger might be saying the things about me that she was saying that I discarded it. but I spent two day phases making sure I was right because I knew I could have strongarmed that lynch on Meeseeks on page 10 or whatever it was but there's a difference between "can" and "should". I spent two day phases trying to get it right and I still didn't, but I learned something about Ranger for next time at least. That happens sometimes; I'd say it happens to most people in most games. I wouldn't have spent two day phases working on that read if I'd been having a better game.

Anen and Javajoe had great reads this game. Nobody listened to them or paid enough attention them. I didn't either. People need to pay attention to everybody, not sit back and let someone else solve it.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:19 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Yeah, I agree Plot. I simply said what I did because I think you would find me scum otherwise.

There are a ton of players everyone puts on a pedestal that sometimes have off games.

No one is immune from this. No one.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:13 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 2179, Plotinus wrote:people expect my reads to be of higher quality than someone else's, but i'm not more important than anybody else, and i'm not neccessarily having a better game than anybody else. My reads are as good as I can make them, I'm always doing my best, but people expect me to be infallible, and nobody is infallible. Yeah, the Ranger lynch was on me. I had a bad read on her predecessor and I had a moment when I thought Ranger might be town and it felt so awful that town Ranger might be saying the things about me that she was saying that I discarded it. but I spent two day phases making sure I was right because I knew I could have strongarmed that lynch on Meeseeks on page 10 or whatever it was but there's a difference between "can" and "should". I spent two day phases trying to get it right and I still didn't, but I learned something about Ranger for next time at least. That happens sometimes; I'd say it happens to most people in most games. I wouldn't have spent two day phases working on that read if I'd been having a better game.

Anen and Javajoe had great reads this game. Nobody listened to them or paid enough attention them. I didn't either. People need to pay attention to everybody,
not sit back and let someone else solve it.
This is a recurring thing in many games. Why do people not put much effort as town to figure out? I have seen it in too many games and it makes sense in newbies but I see it in too many places.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:21 am

Post by shos »

That depends on people. often people don't have time and/or mood for hard work, and if plot continuously succeeded in finding both and producing good content, people will look up to him keeping this up. Shit happens! The respect you earned onsite is remarkable, and as such, if you start lacking, people get disappointed. So be it...
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:22 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Also if it helps, if I was town I would have scum read Ranger too.
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Javajoe24 »

Can I just say, I told you so!! I called a RC Kuroi scum team yesterday!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:48 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 2184, Javajoe24 wrote:Can I just say, I told you so!! I called a RC Kuroi scum team yesterday!
You double voted me though :(
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:39 am

Post by Javajoe24 »

Because the macho modifier and RCs only protective role claim threw my reads off. Plus your goofed up claim made me sure you were scum. I was wrong, my apologies.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:40 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

The thing about fakeclaims is that they're not usually goofed up in that particular manner LOL
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Ranger »

SirCakez wrote:Also that Ranger lynch was really really terrible god
Yeah no kiddin'.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:10 am

Post by Javajoe24 »

I was against your lynch ranger! I was coerced into it.... I'm sorry :(
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:31 am

Post by Javajoe24 »

Why didn't you guys kill me last night anyways? I was into all of you except FA
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:31 am

Post by Javajoe24 »

Onto*
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:38 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

If we were going to fearkill someone for good reads it would have been Adenine.

You had some correct reads but your play was all over the place and you weren't going to stick with the correct reads that you held at certain points.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:12 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I wanted to lynch GIF because he seemed to be the source of who's clear and who wasn't.
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Javajoe24 »

So did I ever have you worried by pushing both of you so hard? No one would listen to me though!
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

That's why we weren't so worried about you. Yeah, your reads were mostly decent, but I always felt like I had wiggle room. In the beginning, I was able to lead you to Meeseeks. Then I could get you to vote RC. I wasn't all too worried, to be honest.

But to be honest, I felt like I was taking advantage of poor town play.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by Antihero »

here's the role pm's of everyone who i haven't flipped.

KUROI
And thus Nature will be very conformable to her self and very simple, performing all the great Motions of the heavenly Bodies by the Attraction of Gravity which intercedes those Bodies, and almost all the small ones of their Particles by some other attractive and repelling Powers which intercede the Particles.

Gravity, Global Jack of All Trades

[The standard model of particle physics describes forces and particles very well, but when you throw gravity into the equation, it all falls apart.]

global roleblock, 1-shot: causes all other actions to fail

[The extreme weakness of quantum gravitational effects now poses some philosophical problems; maybe nature is trying to tell us something new here: maybe we should not try to quantize gravity.]

global messenger, 1-shot: sends a short (140 character maximum) message to every player in the game

[The moon gravitates towards the earth and by the force of gravity is continually drawn off from a rectilinear motion and retained in its orbit.]

global flavor tracker, 1-shot: tracks every player in the game, results are in the form of "[flavor name] targeted [flavor name]"

the void pt
game thread

WIN CONDITION:

you win when only players aligned with
ENTROPY
remain or nothing can prevent the same.
RADIANT COWBELLS
If you want to see a black hole tonight, tonight just look in the direction of Sagittarius, the constellation. That's the center of the Milky Way Galaxy and there's a raging black hole at the very center of that constellation that holds the galaxy together.

A Black Hole, Sticky Jailkeeping Voyeur

[Each black hole spins on its axis like the Earth spins. That spin creates two vortexes of twisting space, somewhat like vortexes in a bathtub or a whirlpool.]

jailkeeper: your target will be roleblocked and protected from kills

[Do you realize that if you fall into a black hole, you will see the entire future of the Universe unfold in front of you in a matter of moments and you will emerge into another space-time created by the singularity of the black hole you just fell into?]

voyeur: you will see what type of action(s) were performed on your target

[Black holes, we all know, are these regions where if an object falls in, it can't get out]

sticky: once you target someone once, you will compulsively target them for the rest of the game until one of you is dead.

the void pt
game thread

WIN CONDITION:

ENTROPY
FIRE ASSASSIN
String theory has the potential to show that all of the wondrous happenings in the universe - from the frantic dance of subatomic quarks to the stately waltz of orbiting binary stars; from the primordial fireball of the big bang to the majestic swirl of heavenly galaxies - are reflections of one, grand physical principle, one master equation.

String Theory, Modifier Cop

[When we understand string theory, we will know how the universe began. It won't have much effect on how we live, but it is important to understand where we come from and what we can expect to find as we explore.]

modifier cop: you will learn any modifiers your target has

the void pt
game thread

WIN CONDITION:

ENTROPY
[/quote]

ANENINEN
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it.

Niels Bohr, Modified Motion Detector

[We have, on the contrary, assumed that the frequency of the radiation is determined by the condition hν = E, where ν is the frequency, h Planck’s constant, and E the difference in energy corresponding to two different “stationary” states of the system.]

motion detection: you will measure the E of your target. everyone starts the game at E=1 and cannot fall below it. every time someone is targeted, their E increases by 3 and every time they perform an action themselves it decreases by 1.

game thread

WIN CONDITION:

THE UNIVERSE
remain
CABD/DGB
Twenty years ago, the discovery of peptides able to cross cellular membranes launched a novel field in molecular delivery based on these non-invasive vectors, most commonly called cell-penetrating peptides (CPPs) or protein transduction domains (PTDs). These peptides were shown to efficiently transport various biologically active molecules inside living cells, and thus are considered promising devices for medical and biotechnological developments. Moreover, CPPs emerged as potential tools to study the prime mechanisms of cellular entry across the plasma membrane.

TAT Cell-Penetrating Peptide, Macho Odd-Night Flavor Watcher

[Cell-penetrating peptides (CPPs) are short peptides that facilitate cellular uptake of various molecular cargo (from nanosize particles to small chemical molecules and large fragments of DNA). The "cargo" is associated with the peptides either through chemical linkage via covalent bonds or through non-covalent interactions.]

flavor watcher: you will learn who performed an action on your target. you will get results in the form of flavor names.

[Current use is limited by a lack of cell specificity in CPP-mediated cargo delivery and insufficient understanding of the modes of their uptake.]

odd-night: you may only use this ability on odd number nights

[Cell-penetrating peptides (CPPs) have the ability to enter the plasma membrane of a cell independent of a membrane receptor.]

macho: you cannot be protected from nightkills

game thread

WIN CONDITION:

THE UNIVERSE
remain
JAVAJOE
Scientists didn't discover the noble gas helium - the second most common element in the universe - on Earth until 1895. And they thought it existed in minute quantities only, until miners found a huge underground cache in Kansas in 1903.

Helium, Macho Double Voting Neighbor

[In the perspective of quantum mechanics, helium is the second simplest atom to model, following the hydrogen atom. Helium is composed of two electrons in atomic orbitals surrounding a nucleus containing two protons and (usually) two neutrons.]

double vote: your vote counts twice

[Inert and monatomic in all standard conditions]

macho: you cannot be protected from nightkills

periodic table of the elements
game thread

WIN CONDITION:

THE UNIVERSE
remain
SIRCAKEZ
Francium is a chemical element with symbol Fr and atomic number 87. It is the second-least electronegative element, behind only caesium.

Francium, Vengeful Reactive Neighbor

[Francium is the most unstable of the naturally occurring elements.]

reactive: everyone who targets you will reflexively be told that you are francium.

[Because of the general appearance of the other elements in its periodic table column, it is assumed that francium would appear as a highly reflective metal, if enough could be collected together to be viewed as a bulk solid or liquid. Obtaining such a sample is highly improbable, since the extreme heat of decay (the half-life of its longest-lived isotope is only 22 minutes) would immediately vaporize any viewable quantity of the element.]

vengeful: in the event you are lynched, you get a vengeful vig kill for immediate use

periodic table of the elements
game thread

WIN CONDITION:

THE UNIVERSE
remain
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by Antihero »

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by Antihero »

hope this was balanced enough
hope you liked the flavor and learned something about science
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:39 pm

Post by SirCakez »

the dead chat makes me sad
but i deserve it
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”