Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 2649, Nahdia wrote:I honestly thought the way you were fishing for who caught you before you claimed it would be noticed, but I guess it's one of those things that's way more obvious from an overhead perspective. Well played.
Whenever I reread I actually let out a huge groan at my monitor because I thought he had outed it instantly. I figured pointing it out on Day 5 would be counterproductive.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Nahdia »

My favorite part of the game:
In post 2535, Prism wrote:Your scum PT is about to become Sodom and Gomorrah, I will rain such hellfire down upon it that it will forever become uninhabitable and this game will become your greatest shame. Mark your calendars,
replace out if you can
, post as much as you can while you can, because you have no idea what unspeakable strength of force you have just brought down to bear upon yourself.
In post 2539, BATORU wrote:
@Mod sorry could we please be replaced?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In all honesty Fire was probably happy to have died, lol.

Anyway, Nahdia was kinda annoyed with me I think getting NC to Arcane Theft my Arcane Theft spell.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 2651, Nahdia wrote:My favorite part of the game:
In post 2535, Prism wrote:Your scum PT is about to become Sodom and Gomorrah, I will rain such hellfire down upon it that it will forever become uninhabitable and this game will become your greatest shame. Mark your calendars,
replace out if you can
, post as much as you can while you can, because you have no idea what unspeakable strength of force you have just brought down to bear upon yourself.
That's precisely why I was shocked that Prism let up on me.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2649, Nahdia wrote:
In post 2642, Dunnstral wrote:I liked the part where the watcher spell caught me
I honestly thought the way you were fishing for who caught you before you claimed it would be noticed, but I guess it's one of those things that's way more obvious from an overhead perspective. Well played.
In post 2646, pisskop wrote:fire i had to kill you.

you were being a leader. i cant tolerate you being a leader against me
Still dont think killing me was best move.
I mean I went back and forth on my read on you but I was still mildly townreading you and hard town on batoru.

My reads were laughably bad besides me getting nos/Dunn right even though I went for dunnstral.

If I had been a little more headstrong maybe things would have been diff tho
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2651, Nahdia wrote:My favorite part of the game:
replace out if you can
Eh, I wasn't actually worried about it except for the fact that I actually felt nothing about it. Which really just drove home that I should have replaced out before the drealmerz lynch even. I tried so hard to get into it and pk was a wonderful partner, but I just...couldn't. I'm sorry. :/
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Prism »

My rage was hilarious.

"READY OR NOT, HERE I COME, I'M COMING FOR YOU, BETTER BE READY PISSKOP AND BATORU, BECAUSE I'VE GOT YOUR ASSES, I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE AND IT'S SCUM CITY

...but it's New Years! Haha okay you kids run along now I'll come out and play in a bit"

I roll over and Pisskop/Grey shrug their shoulders and steal all the cookies from the cookie jar and make off like bandits.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Nahdia »

I realize BATORU wasn't exactly replacing out due to fear but I thought the timing was just pretty hilarious.

And yeah, Not Chara and BATORU trading Arcane Theft was kind of silly. The best part though was due to Not Chara being a day wizard, Arcane Theft had a special function for it which I gave them at the beginning of the game. Later in the game when the spell trade happened I was like "Do you want me to give you the message about the special mechanics of Arcane Theft again? :p" and NC's response was something along the lines of "The only way this could get funnier is if BATORU is scum."
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by JaeReed »

LOL
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Yeah I basically scumclaimed to NC btw
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

ohgeez
balance among all things
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I realized that.

pisskop and Gamma both had alert spells
dunnstral was hated with fire as loved
batoru and nc had arcane theft

If NC lived or told anyone what it learned from that trade off....lol
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by JaeReed »

But I wanted the cheap points for being open, not having the doc spell, and "hunting for doc" with NC *shrugs*
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by Prism »

Nahdia, can you link the dead thread?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 2661, JaeReed wrote:I realized that.

pisskop and Gamma both had alert spells
dunnstral was hated with fire as loved
batoru and nc had arcane theft

If NC lived or told anyone what it learned from that trade off....lol
Except b oth day wizards were town. So no, I'm not that easy to guess.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:32 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 2663, Prism wrote:Nahdia, can you link the dead thread?
It's all in the mod thread but alright, here:
Threads
:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69209 Public Game Thread
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69216 Mega Frozen Hydra PT (still private)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69211 Scum PT
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69361 Dead/Spec PT
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69480 Mind Link 1 (Sickofit1138 & pisskop)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69570 Mind Link 2 (pisskop & BTD6_Maker)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69616 Mind Link 3 & 4 (BTD6_Maker & Prism)

-Zaphkael, 2020
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:33 pm

Post by JaeReed »

It was the spells, not the PRs, I mean. Like I was aiming for the PRs not the spells being cc's with the drealmerz/nc thing
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Yeah, but still, that's just setup spec and not exactly reliable, since at least one pair was both town (dreal & NC).
It's kind of insulting actually that you'd presume I'd be so easy to guess as a mod. Just because there is a visible pattern at the end doesn't mean I'll always follow patterns. Sometimes I will, sometimes I won't.

-Zaphkael, 2020
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

prism, I also saw the claim right away and said something (I think anyway?) and just figured everyone knew and didn't care or think it mattered and I was powerless against such blatant disregard for the obvious and just had to convince myself it was NAI

sodumb
balance among all things
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 2612, Nahdia wrote:The corrupted evokers pisskop, -Grey-, and Dunnstral are victorious.
WHOA U MEAN THE 2 PPL I WANTED LYNCHED DAY 1 WAS SCUM. SHOCKED
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by gerryoat »

after we were lynched i said the scum team was piskop/not chara/dunn. with an outside chance of batoru/-grey- being maf because they hammered us when they said they tr us.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I would have hammered you as town there, too. I'd never as town allow D1 to go to a no lynch. The information from the flip of a slot a lot of people are scumreading is too beneficial to town.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I was actually kind of annoyed with myself for being around and not just leaving when BTD said he'd hammer because I could have plausibly blamed the no lynch on him then, and you'd be around for the mislynch the next day >.>
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by Nahdia »

So some fun facts about the development of this setup:

The very first draft of this setup was flavored completely different. It was a much goofier, silly theme featuring various "Wizards" with everyone from Gandalf & Dumbledore to The Washington Wizards & Wiz Khalifa. I'm happy with the direction I went with it but I still think that woulda been funny.
Also in the very first draft, literally EVERY slot had some kind of modifier. I ended up deciding (with some help) that most of it was just useless noise and the gimmick wasn't really worth making the setup so crazy and confused. My favorite of those modifiers though was Wiz Khalifa's "loud" modifier which included with all spells he sent to other players a message reading "YEAH, UH HUH, YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS."

The "call" spell got messed with a lot. I wanted something that confirmed alignments in the game, since I felt there needed to be some way for someone to come be cleared and lead the town in such a wonky setup. Variations of the final product included...
...being 3-shot instead of 2-shot, but able to be blocked.
...a cop spell called "Judgement" instead of the psuedo-friendly neighbor spell.
...A spell that you could either pass along that did nothing, or that you could consume and make
yourself publicly confirmed town
your alignment be publicly stated by the mod (basically a 1-shot pseudo-IC that you could give to someone else if you didn't want to use it yourself)

Dunnstral's "Invade" ability was a last minute addition because at the very last moment, I decided what was in its place was dumb and bad (and I am glad I made that decision). Initially, Dunnstral was going to be voteless (his vote would show up but I would know its weight was nothing) and there was also going to be another vote in the game referred to as a "Shade" or something to that effect which actually did have weight which Dunnstral could control privately. Cool, yes, but also kind of gimmicky. Also in that variation of the setup, day wizards using scry would have been able to find out Dunnstral's vote was weightless.

-Zaphkael, 2020
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by MariaR »

PK was scum?
S H O C K E R

gg scum team ^_^
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”