Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:58 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Because contrary to everyone's claims I had a case. My development was pretty solid and I was worried about that slot the entire game. I was wrong about a townread player so obviously I have to get lynched right?
because that's what the case on me boiled down to. No one else gets lynched when they're wrong about a townread player. Did Infinity get autolynched for pushing a mislynch on me? fuck no.
I am treated with horribly unfair double standards and then you come into postgame and blame the victim of your inability to play with me like an actual human being for being mislynched with the game solved.

If you think that I'm in the wrong here do us both a favour and send me a PM and we'll just not play with each other anymore because this game was egregious and I don't want to play another like it again.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:58 am

Title doesn't change the reputation mate.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:59 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Gin - you aren't going to convince RC he's not the best and played perfectly and everyone else sucks. He spent too long in a "Yes Man" bubble with players like Postie and FA who fawned over his every play and treated him like a god and at his young age he can't understand why everyone else doesn't just accept this statements as independent fact.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:00 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 2656, RadiantCowbells wrote:I played great. It only took me 1 mislynch to catch the entire scumteam. I am fine with that moving forward.
Then I don't think you quite understand the concept of mafia. That literally means nothing. If it did, there'd be scummy for "best at catching scum team after their dead but not doing jack shit to help town win"
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:00 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

RC, you say "kill me if I'm wrong" and then you're mad at people for killing you. Try a game where you never mention lynching yourself or advocating for your death.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:01 am

I never said I played perfectly. I even specifically acknowledged that I didn't play well because I was tired of the game and FA replaced out. My play doesn't mean that there weren't double standards in how I was treated vs the rest of the game, and I do claim that I played badly because of said double standards; but never said that I didn't play well given that I didn't messenger and never outed my scumread on Leon.

Then I don't think you quite understand the concept of mafia. That literally means nothing. If it did, there'd be scummy for "best at catching scum team after their dead but not doing jack shit to help town win"
You had more day phases than I did and still lost, so you are more responsible for the loss. Try again?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:02 am

In post 2679, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:RC, you say "kill me if I'm wrong" and then you're mad at people for killing you. Try a game where you never mention lynching yourself or advocating for your death.
I have. YOu know what happens when I don't hard push shit? I cannot push a lynch on scum because any wagon I push is easily doubtcasted with the same reasoning used this game.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:03 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 2662, Leonshade wrote:
In post 2649, massive wrote:From the PM I sent to TTH last night:
Part of me wants to say "no action" and test Leonshade. That would suck for town if (a) I die or even if I don't (b) they won't have a doc shot the next night.

But honestly I can't give it to Lane again. If I die tonight I need someone who can protect Lane the next night. And if I don't die and someone else does, that would be Lane, so it would go unhelpful anyways.

And that means I'm like 50/50 to give it to scum ANYWAYS.
I also thought Flubber had screwed up his results so I didn't go back to Flubber. Had I realized what Flubber had done (ie, watched Lane two nights in a row) I might have rethought this (but I still don't know that it would have mattered).

Good to know I can do VCA to some degree. Sorry that I couldn't push that one through today, but I don't know that I would have come around on Leon either way. Leon you will have my ultimate paranoia forever. That's two games in a row where you've beaten me.
To be fair, I didn't have to do much in Smackdown after I got drafted over to your thread, I mostly just blended in while my buddies did the heavy lifting. But here I did put in a lot of effort.

Flubber wanting to be quiet about his second watch result got me to figure out that you had given lane the doc N2. Giving me the doc made planning N4 a bit easier, but realistically whoever got the doc would've just protected you and everyone else would've been open for the NK. If RS had gotten lynched instead of N_M, I probably would've shot Flubber, pushed for an Infinity mislynch and with three players left it wouldn't matter who has the doc. A no-lynch can always be followed by a no-kill, too.
Yeah i was afraid after I realized who flubber watched and him saying massive visited.... That was pretty obvious. I wish I wouldn't have gotten the doc. Then there's no wifom who gets docced between massive and me
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:05 am

Post by Alisae »

Also N3 Leon guessed correctly about who Inf would roleblock hehe.
GTKAS
| here.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:06 am

Post by massive »

RC, I don't think you handicap yourself in any way. I think you handicap the rest of the town with your attitude. Half of the town game is finding scum. The other half is convincing the rest of the town to vote with you. You can do the first half? Fine. But all you want to do is shout about how bad everyone else is because you can't do the second half. No one thinks you're a cunning manipulator. They think you're an obnoxious jerkbag.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:07 am

Post by massive »

Lane -- I agree that the N2 choice of giving you the doc wasn't optimal, but I had run out of people I trusted. At least I knew you would actually use the doc shot as intended, heh.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:08 am

Post by massive »

All the strongmen though made it moot. My role was useless ultimately.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:10 am

If people made rational cases for me being scum and talked to me about them before calling me obvscum I wouldn't react so negatively to being pushed.

Also you say that part of my problem is not being able to get the lynches I want; but Gin did get lynched, and I don't think anyone thinks that that's a problem I have. *shrug*
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:12 am

Post by lane0168 »

Yeah he's kind of delusional. He just can't accept getting lynched for shit play. His brain literally will not let him do it. Which is unfortunate because if he could learn to use his words and like massive said, make a case and convince people, he could be really good.

And rc, I didn't say you were to blame for the town loss. Why do you constantly read what you want to read and not what's written?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:12 am

Post by Alisae »

Yeah, it's annoying when people are saying "this person is scum!" but not actually making an attempt to push it and instead just twittling their thumbs waiting someone will do the work for them.
GTKAS
| here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:15 am

If more people talked to me as myself instead of as scumuntilproveninnocent then I think a lot less people would find that I'm an obnoxious jerkbag.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:16 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 2685, massive wrote:Lane -- I agree that the N2 choice of giving you the doc wasn't optimal, but I had run out of people I trusted. At least I knew you would actually use the doc shot as intended, heh.
Yeah I hear you. At first I thought it possible you were scum, guaranteeing I wouldn't be saved? Idk... That lasted about a second. Then I realized it was a good play considering you became more valuable for town. I think if flubber wasnt under pressure, we'd have more easily formed a solid town block with our knowledge. Infinity couldn't understand flubber was GUARANTEED CONFIRMED town after using a power night 1. I don't get why people kept scum reading him.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:19 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 2690, RadiantCowbells wrote:If more people talked to me as myself instead of as scumuntilproveninnocent then I think a lot less people would find that I'm an obnoxious jerkbag.
Dude, its mafia. EVERYONE is scum until proven innocent. That's literally the point of the game. You're not some special person that gets that special treatment. Everyone in the game is suspect from the beginning. Everyone gets votes in the beginning. But most people get over it and go do something in the game. Some don't. Some keep digging their own grave
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:25 am

Post by lane0168 »

Like you're under the impression your banner does way more than it does and use that to fall back on getting lynched. You're delusional man. Take a step back, and accept the advice given to you
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:26 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2691, lane0168 wrote:Infinity couldn't understand flubber was GUARANTEED CONFIRMED town after using a power night 1
What?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:30 am

In post 2692, lane0168 wrote:
In post 2690, RadiantCowbells wrote:If more people talked to me as myself instead of as scumuntilproveninnocent then I think a lot less people would find that I'm an obnoxious jerkbag.
Dude, its mafia. EVERYONE is scum until proven innocent. That's literally the point of the game. You're not some special person that gets that special treatment. Everyone in the game is suspect from the beginning. Everyone gets votes in the beginning. But most people get over it and go do something in the game. Some don't. Some keep digging their own grave
In post 2693, lane0168 wrote:Like you're under the impression your banner does way more than it does and use that to fall back on getting lynched. You're delusional man. Take a step back, and accept the advice given to you
Lane look back to 2015 games and how people talked about lynching me. I was treated like one of the most impossible to lynch people on the site for a reason; because I was.
My playstyle didn't change a lot during that time. The way that people perceived me did. It's a really hard fall from grace to go from being unlynchable to lynched constantly.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:36 am

Post by Lycanfire »

i probably played the worst. i had towntells on the EA slot i just hated their fight with gin so much and rc giving up always seems like a sign that they're bullshitting about something. i could have stopped that lynch but i was too apathetic and wanted to work on a post about leon when i had more access. then alisae quickhammered and i should have killed my townread on that slot at that moment but i thought i had some super great read on cakez where i pegged him as scum and moi as town and used the same read on RS.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:36 am

Post by Lycanfire »

basically i did absolutely nothing this game besides get vifam paranoid about gin which was a worse lynch than cakez
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:38 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

RC, I was legitimately trying to sort you, even though I may not have shown it on the surface. I just found it hard to talk it out with you because when I tried to pressure you you blew up in my face. I didn't deathtunnel you, I doubted my read for a while but I think I did have some legitimate reasons to scumread you. It didn't help that all you gave me back was AtE and threats. I get that it's part of your playstyle and you feel like it's a necessity, but given how much scum use it as a tactic and scum!you uses it as a tactic you can expect me to unvote because of that.

I understand your frustration completely, but I think it's unreasonable to expect people to just...not touch your slot every game if theyre not one of the few players who know you intimately. I don't know about other people, but I treat every slot differently depending on the strength of their scumgame. That's just how I operate. It's playing against wincon for players to call you town for reasons they know you could fake as scum. So what do you expect
us
to do?

Not saying fear didn't play a part in my read, but you can't reduce it down to that. Again, I will try to read you better in the future but I might misread you too. I thought I had legitimate reason for scumreading you, again I totally understand why you're frustrated but sometimes you get misread and that's how the game goes.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:38 am

Post by Lycanfire »

but yeah make 200-400 posts of absolutely no content please enjoy only playing with other shitty players that make 200-400 posts of no content. i'm done playing with word vomit.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”