Mini 1906 - It's An Owners Market Blitz (Game Over)

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Mini 1906 - It's An Owners Market Blitz (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Regfan »

Welcome to It's An Owners Market!

Backup mod; Pieguyn.
I was told there has to be at least one noob in the game so I picked her.

Reviewed By; Everyone I could ask.
Him? Yes. Her? Yes. Really him too? Yes, I did say everyone.

I Standard Rules
1. The site-wide rules apply. Read them, know them, love them, but do not break them.
2. Play to win and have fun, remember this is a game and you're all here to have a good time.
3. Do not quote communications outside the game in this thread including role PM's and messages to the mod, paraphrasing is allowed.
4. Do not talk about this game outside of this game thread until it is completed, unless I have specifically told you it is allowed.
5. Do not bring outside factors into this game. This includes making bets, promises of real life rewards, etc.
6. Breaking one of these rules may, at my discretion, result in a modkill.
7. If you need to be replaced or have any questions at all please don't hesitate to contact the moderator.

II Voting & Deadlines
1. Votes must be bolded and on their own line. Unvotes are not necessary but would be appreciated.
2. Day phases will have a fixed length of 4 days (96 hours).
3. Night phases will have a fixed length of 1 day (24 hours). Night actions are due 1 hour before deadline.
4. Majority votes will not cause a lynch until D5 onward, prior to that the player with the most votes when deadline hits is lynched.
5. In the event of a tied vote upon deadline the player who received that number of votes first will be lynched.
6. Players who have not posted in 48 consecutive hours will receive a prod. After receiving a prod, a player has 24 hours to post before I will begin seeking a replacement.

III Setup Rules & Information
1. This will be a 10:3 Open Setup with every player starting as a Vanilla.
2. Mafia have daytalk including the 24 hour pregame period.
3. Mafia have a factional ability to hide the price sold for an item that can be used once per day phase either for the midday or day end update.
4. Town players will begin the game with a wallet of $500 and Mafia players will receive $800.
5. Money cannot be transferred.
6. Players may use multiple abilities a night however can only use one shot of each ability maximum.
7. Players will flip with their alignment but not the roles they've obtained.

IV Auctions
1. Four limited shot roles from the pool of twenty available are selected randomly every day and auctioned off.
2. Bids are made inside your QT during the day phase and the player with the highest bid at day end will receive that role.
3. You may only bid the money remaining inside your wallet, you may increase a bid on an item but cannot use that money elsewhere.
4. You must outbid the current highest bidder to win the item. Losing bids are refunded at day end.
5. The winner of each auctioned item are not revealed publicly, just the bid itself.
6. There will be a mid day update 2 days into the day phase where the highest bid per item are revealed but not the winner again.
7. Items auctioned are removed from the potential list the following day.
8. Bids will no longer be eligible within the last 10 minutes of each day phase. Lynched players can win an auctioned item.
9. Auctions will no longer take place after day four.

V Marketplace Owner
1. Players will vote for a Marketplace Owner on top of the vote to lynch in the thread during day one.
2. The player with the most votes at deadline will be elected the Marketplace Owner.
3. In the event of a tied vote upon deadline the player who received that number of votes first will be elected.
4. The elected player privately submits an order to increase the odds of four items being up for auction the following day phase by 400%.
5. The elected player has this ability every night phase.
6. The elected player must designate a replacement in case they die, this is revealed publicly upon their death.
7. Marketplace Owners are no longer needed after day four.
Last edited by Regfan on Sun May 21, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:30 pm

Post by Regfan »

Sample Role PMs, Messages & Ability Pool

Spoiler: Sample Town Role PM:
Hello, XXX!

Welcome to It's an Owners Marketplace. You are a
Vanilla Townie.

You start the game with
$500
and may use that money to bid on abilities inside your
Quick Topic
. During the day you may post in the game thread and vote to lynch any living player. During day one you may also vote to elect a Marketplace Owner.

You win when
all threats to the Town are dead
and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive.

Spoiler: Sample Mafia Role PM:
Hello, XXX!

Welcome to It's an Owners Marketplace. You are a
Vanilla Mafia.

You start the game with
$800
and may use that money to bid on abilities inside your
Quick Topic
. During the day you may post in the game thread and vote to lynch any living player. During day one you may also vote to elect a Marketplace Owner.

You share a Factional Kill (Targeted) with XXX and XXX each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a
Private Topic
which you may talk in any time in the game while alive. You also share a Factional Ability to hide the price sold for an item, this can be used once per day phase for either the mid day or day end update.

You win when the
Town has been eliminated
or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Spoiler: Marketplace Owner PM:
Congratulations! You are have either been elected or assigned the role of Marketplace Owner.

You have the ability to select up to 4 items every night phase to increase the odds of it being up for auction the following day phase by 400%. Please do this by bolding
Enhance: Ability Name
for each item you choose.

You must also select who you wish to have this role assigned to in the event of your demise, you are able to have this person changed at any time up until your death via bolding
Assign: PlayerName
inside your QT.

Spoiler: Bidding Results:
You will receive one of the following messages upon day end inside your QT;

- You have not made any bids, you wallet remains at: $Wallet
- Your bids were not successful, your wallet remains at: $Wallet
- You have won the auction for AbilityName costing you $Price, your new wallet is now: $Wallet

Spoiler: Ability Pool & Role Descriptions:
1. Auction Detective x 1 (Targeted): Choose another player. You will learn all of their bidding history from the previous day phase.

2. Auction Detective x 2 (Targeted): Choose another player. You will learn all of their bidding history from the previous day phase.

3. Bulletproof x 1: You are protected from the first Night-kill that has targeted you. Bulletproof is countered by Hitman.

4. Day-Kill x 1 (Targeted): Send me a private message with an order to kill someone during a day phase. That player will die.

5. Cop x 1 (Targeted): Choose another player. You will receive back a report of "Mafia" or "Not Mafia".

6. Commuter x 1: All abilities that target you will be roleblocked. Commuter is countered by Hitman. Must select a night to use it.

7. Doctor x 1 (Targeted): Choose another player. That player will be protected from the night kill that night.

8. Doctor x 2 (Targeted): Choose another player. That player will be protected from the night kill that night.

9. Gravedigger x 2 (Targeted): Choose another player who has died. You will learn of all the abilities they had when they died.

10. Godfather x 1 : You appear as "Not Mafia" on Cop reports, regardless of your actual alignment. Must select a night to use it.

11. Hitman x 1: Scums Night-kill will ignore any ability that would stop the kill from working. Must select a night to use it.

12. Hitman x 2: Scums Night-kill will ignore any ability that would stop the kill from working. Must select a night to use it.

13. Jailkeeper x 1 (Targeted): Choose another player. That player will be protected from the night kill and also unable to act.

14. Neighborizer x 1 (Targeted): Choose another player. You will receive a QT upon daystart where you may talk any time while alive.

15. Neighborizer x 2 (Targeted): Choose another player. You will receive a QT upon daystart where you may talk any time while alive.

16. Ninja x 2: You may choose which of your visits (if any) will appear on Tracker and Watcher reports. Must select a night to use it.

17. Roleblocker x 1 (Targeted): Choose another player. All of their Targeted abilities that they activated for that night will fail.

18. Tracker x 1 (Targeted): Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) that player visited during the Night.

19. Tracker x 2 (Targeted): Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) that player visited during the Night.

20. Watcher x 2 (Targeted): Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) visited that player during the Night.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:45 pm

Post by Regfan »

Unused Activity Pool:

1. Auction Detective x 2
2. Bulletproof x 1
3. Hitman x 2
4. Roleblocker x 1
Last edited by Regfan on Wed May 17, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by Regfan »

Playerlist:

1. RedCoyote
2. Prism
3. Infinity 324
4. Oversoul
Momo

5. Desperado
6. Vecna
7. Socrates
8. Elena Fisher
9. Gerryoat
10. Tywin Lannister
11. Gamma Emerald
12. Albert B. Rampage
13. Woodboys2339

Spoiler: Still Alive:
1. Prism, the Vanilla Mafia
2. Socrates, the Vanilla Mafia

Spoiler: Dead:

1. Woodboys2339, the Vanilla Townie was lynched Day One
2. Vecna, the Vanilla Townie and Marketplace Owner was shot Night One

3. Gamma Emerald, the Vanilla Mafia was lynched Day Two

4. gerryoat, the Vanilla Townie was shot Night Two
5. Tywin Lannister, the Vanilla Townie and Marketplace Owner was lynched Day Three
6. Elena Fisher, the Vanilla Townie was shot Night Three
7. Oversoul
momo
, the Vanilla Townie was daykilled Day Four
8. RedCoyote, the Vanilla Townie was lynched Day Four
9. Desperado, the Vanilla Townie was Endgamed
10. Albert B. Rampage, the Vanilla Townie was Endgamed
11. Infinity 324, the Vanilla Townie was Endgamed

Important Links:

Day One Vote Counts:
1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4
Last edited by Regfan on Sun May 21, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 6:45 pm

Post by Regfan »

The Day One Auction abilities rolled to be up for auction today include:

Commuter x 1
Jailkeeper x 1
Neighborizer x 1
Tracker x 1

Bids will not be accepted until D1 has started.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by Regfan »

Day One has officially started, you may now post, vote and bid on items!

As a reminder, the items up for auction today are;

Commuter x 1
Jailkeeper x 1
Neighborizer x 1
Tracker x 1

Please submit your bids inside your QT in bold. Winners of the auction will be notified upon day end, please remember bidding is no longer allowed within the last 10 minutes of the day phase. Please vote the player you wish to elect as the marketplace owner by bolding Elect: Player and for lynch by voting as usual.

Lynch Vote Count 1.0

Not Voting (13): RedCoyote, Prism, Infinity 324, Momo, Desperado, Vecna, Socrates, Elena Fisher, Gerryoat, Tywin Lannister, Gamma Emerald, Albert B. Rampage, Woodboys2339

Elect Vote Count 1.0

Not Voting (13): RedCoyote, Prism, Infinity 324, Momo, Desperado, Vecna, Socrates, Elena Fisher, Gerryoat, Tywin Lannister, Gamma Emerald, Albert B. Rampage, Woodboys2339

Mid day auction update will be posted in (expired on 2017-05-04 21:00:00) & Day ends in (expired on 2017-05-06 21:00:00) hours.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by Socrates »

Shit, just as I'm about to go to bed.

I will have much to say after some sleep, but know now that I wanna be Guvna.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Ego
Has anyone played the other instances of this game? What should we look out for?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Woodboys2339
Woodboys2339
Goon
Woodboys2339
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Woodboys2339 »

VOTE: Gamma EmeraldVOTE: You play on
P
okemon
S
howdown... so that means you are
P
rominent
S
cum

ELECT: Tywin
I mean.. i hear GoT is good so you must also be good
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Oh
I didn't realize you were from PS, thanks for reminding me.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Woodboys2339
Woodboys2339
Goon
Woodboys2339
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by Woodboys2339 »

In post 8, Woodboys2339 wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald You play on
P
okemon
S
howdown... so that means you are
P
rominent
S
cum

ELECT: Tywin
I mean.. i hear GoT is good so you must also be good
Woodboys2339
Woodboys2339
Goon
Woodboys2339
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by Woodboys2339 »

In post 9, Gamma Emerald wrote:Oh
I didn't realize you were from PS, thanks for reminding me.
yea, i asked if anyone used MS and you said you did
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

FYI Xnadroj, MMM, and ELA play here too
<Embrace The Void>

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 3:47 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

The strategy is to bid minimum of 301 on the items. That way if a scum outbids us in the first round that scum can't outbid our maximum bid in future days.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

We have two days to bid 301 on each of the items before its publicly revealed what the bid count is for that moment in time. Then we will be blind.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by Elena Fisher »

VOTE: Vecna

Elect no one

Was going to say what Albert said I'm gonna be thinking over a few other ways I want to handle this because on first glance this seems scumsided.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

I'd like to nominate myself as mayor to screw shit up so much that scum have no chance to win.

I also asked what happens if town bids on scum roles like hit man or godfather. I was told it's possible, but town won't gain any effect from it. It IS possible to outbid scum with those roles and play keep away though. That doesn't matter yet, but keep that in mind when the scum roles pop up.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 4:02 pm

Elect:
Tywin for Mayor of this godforsaken market. I promise you nothing but fucking things up, but I keep my promises.

VOTE: Momo idk who this is but sounds scummy
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by Elena Fisher »

. I feel like scum would barely go for their "scum only" picks and hope we just waste our money on those picks. Plus the scum only powers aren't the strongest until it gets way later in the game, For now, that doesn't seem like a big issue. I suggest we never bring the day kill into the auction if we can plus I don't know if we're gonna get enough reads to get someone we solidly agree to elect plus let's say that person is evil and brings in some scum roles it's really a huge game of wifom on if they did it or it was just bad luck I suggest we Elect no one and wait a bit
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Elect Socrates
since I like the Ancient Greek philosophers
<Embrace The Void>

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by Prism »

VOTE: Socrates

It's not like we didn't know when the game was starting/have time to collect our thoughts beforehand.
In post 13, Albert B. Rampage wrote:The strategy is to bid minimum of 301 on the items. That way if a scum outbids us in the first round that scum can't outbid our maximum bid in future days.
Unsure how to feel about this strategy.

Intuitively it seems fine but winning the bid means a single scum can outbid you two or even three times in the future, with $199 vs. $800. The sheer number of town make up for it to some extent but it's obvious that scum is going to prioritize certain roles, eg. Daykill, over others and save accordingly. Plus side is that they take a risk if they leave someone with the majority of the money.

Depending on result of day I have a bit more to discuss theory wise but it's going to wait for now.
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Post by Elena Fisher »

I didn't look at the list of roles until I got my role PM actually
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by Prism »

Actually I think I should just discuss it now.

Scum's optimal play is to run up the cost on the low-utility powers (ex. Doctor x1) by slightly lowballing it. They've got the wallets such that taking on a few of these by mistake is not that big of a deal. Paying $300 to deny us Doctor x2 would be nice while making town pay a hefty price if they want to make it otherwise is also swell.

Wonder here then is how to optimally bid on these as town, I've thought anywhere from $100 to the $301 Albert suggested and can't really come to a solid conclusion. A big worry I have is that while our total is better, $4500 vs. $2400 to start, we lose $500
at best
every night and another $500 any time we mislynch. A mislynch+night death and a few overpays can switch the monetary advantage very quickly.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 4:28 pm

I know I'm paying $500 for dayvig and shooting whoever looks at me wrong. Fair warning to you all.

I'm only half kidding.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Prism »

To more succinctly summarize what my issue with Albert's strategy is: Town is overpaying because of other town, rather than because of scum, for roles that have less utility. This would be us accomplishing scum's goal for them and eliminating the risk that they overpay instead of us.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”