Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Drixx »

I agree. I intentionally played off of Nero. I thought he was obvtown and even pointed it out at one point.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:48 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 2074, Desperado wrote:
In post 2072, Drixx wrote:Desperado ... if I had stayed V/LA and not come in and posted at all, do you think I would still have survived day one, or was it me showing up and taking advantage of you getting called out (along with me) for lurking and you immediately pushing me as being scummy? Obviously I knew you weren't scum but if you don't immediately show up after being called out and see that I was also called out and thus try and push me, I never have any ammo to push you. It was that and coming back the next day that allowed me to maneuver out of day one. Like just re-read the reactions people had when you came around the next day and tried to push me a 2nd time. That's where I got out of the rope.

I saw in the dead thread that you're a little burned out. I know that feeling. I

at the time i didn't regret getting lynched because it was pretty obvious that scum spent a lot of energy getting me dead and i thought that would give nero and zach and dunn some clarity. obviously that didn't happen but blaming it on nero is misguided imo

He claimed a result and role he didn't have either to spite me or because I was really, really scum to him. He confirmed a day pr which wasn't the issue. He said he had a JOaT and 4 weird 1shots, one of which was a JK

He said be attempted to neighborize A50 Except I tracked him to nowhere so day 2 was spent pushing Nero/considering a roleblocker that wasn't there and suspecting A50/Tywin. Scum literally had to do nothing

And this didn't get explained at all until post game. I thought he was scum for lying about his role and he did for no real reason

Neros not getting blame for any of the "general" reasons town loss. If he suspected 4 scum then he knew his lynch would end the game. Still the selfvote is sort of understandable but his fake claim was like a decent bolster for scum IMO

It can't really be denied that if we flipped Nero Day 1 we'd have been way better cause most of the central townies had good reads. But one or more of them scumread Nero and because of the way Nero was playing some people thought "well he has to be right on tywin" it ended up being a mislynch which didn't make him look any betterbut I thought we had enough MLs to sort Nero too

I spent too much time confbiased on him clearly and he did too focusing on Tywin and I. The fact that we MADE the game that also contributed to scum winning. We only focused on certain things and a lot of them were unnecessary. Sling and RM just chilled the whole game cause we didn't look at them as focally
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:49 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Oh I fucked up the quote. Only the last part is supposed to be there
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:41 am

Post by Bins »

In post 2070, Desperado wrote:
In post 2054, Nero Cain wrote:Towns real failing is not getting Drixx lynched d1.
six townies voted drixx d1 but we couldn't lynch him because all a 4 man team has to do in a mini is not buss and they're basically guaranteed to win
tru
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:41 am

Post by Bins »

the reason i was ok w the nero lynch in the end is because i believed he was lying about his role / zach had a "guilty"

gtkas
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:21 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

it only functioned as a guilty cause he lied was the only issue i had

i think nero fakeclaimed for NK cause he had tywin and I as hard scum. he didnt know scum wouldnt kill him cause of his prime mislynch potential
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:33 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 2054, Nero Cain wrote:Towns real failing is not getting Drixx lynched d1.
six townies voted drixx d1 but we couldn't lynch him because all a 4 man team has to do in a mini is not buss and they're basically guaranteed to win
IMO a good town should recognize when a wagon is not going to lynch because it is a scum wagon and no one is busing and those who want the lynch should pressure those who don't want it as to why they don't want it and try to convince them it is a good wagon and threaten "you're scum who won't bus" sorts of things

if town is successful and achieves the lynch it REALLY exposes the scumbuddies and can be hugely damning for scum - I try to set the swing in my games to favor those who are actually playing well
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:45 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

part of the game issue was some poor modding on my part

tywin was inactive too long and I didn't replace him fast enough - I would have ideally ended D2 with NL and replaced him before he got lynched - and was going to but waited too long
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:09 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 2073, Drixx wrote:
In post 2071, Alisae wrote:I kinda...
Want to play in a drealmerz game now...
If he would let me that is.
I would enjoy playing with you in a drealmerz game.

/vouch ;p
noted
balance among all things
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:17 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2081, drealmerz7 wrote:
IMO a good town should recognize when a wagon is not going to lynch because it is a scum wagon and no one is busing and those who want the lynch should pressure those who don't want it as to why they don't want it and try to convince them it is a good wagon and threaten "you're scum who won't bus" sorts of things

if town is successful and achieves the lynch it REALLY exposes the scumbuddies and can be hugely damning for scum - I try to set the swing in my games to favor those who are actually playing well
You had too many scum. There will always be dissent in a town. Town will be wrong on occasion.

If you do have 4 scum, they cannot be unified.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:31 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 2081, drealmerz7 wrote:IMO a good town should recognize when a wagon is not going to lynch because it is a scum wagon and no one is busing and those who want the lynch should pressure those who don't want it as to why they don't want it and try to convince them it is a good wagon and threaten "you're scum who won't bus" sorts of things
ok

i don't think i've ever seen something like this actually play out tho. it's definitely not how i think about scumhunting.
;)
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2085, Desperado wrote:
In post 2081, drealmerz7 wrote:IMO a good town should recognize when a wagon is not going to lynch because it is a scum wagon and no one is busing and those who want the lynch should pressure those who don't want it as to why they don't want it and try to convince them it is a good wagon and threaten "you're scum who won't bus" sorts of things
ok

i don't think i've ever seen something like this actually play out tho. it's definitely not how i think about scumhunting.

It's not how good town view it. They think maybe I am wrong and start talking things out. I think drealmerz is making excuses for too many scum.

That being said Drixx was still super scary good.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

of course you think I'm making excuses instead of actually trying to explain myself / what I think

but my statement actually holds true to what I think regardless of how many scum there are - a good town should recognize that at least potentially why a wagon is not going to lynch is because it is a scum wagon and scum aren't busing for whatever reason, and this is actually something that is EASIER to do if there are more scum because 1.) it is more likely to happen and 2.) when it happens the associations, as I said, can be damning if scum is not careful

I would have preferred this to be a 14-15p game, actually, but for some dumb reason the mini-queue is 10-13 (giving only 4 different player # amounts) and the large theme is 14-99 (giving 85 different player # amounts) - if this had run at 12p I would have only had 3 scum, I believe I already stated (in the observer thread maybe?) that it was an experiment to do 9v4 and see how it went and I've already explained why I think it is mostly okay as is - town needs to play better in order to win, it's pretty simple, and if they had, they could have, and I don't think anyone would argue against that ?

thanks all for being guinea pigs and not being too pissed at me for it (:
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

lifetip for titus: learn to try and understand other people rather than just find a way to judge them so you can feel superior
balance among all things
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

can you guys not grr at each other there's really no need
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:50 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2089, Zachstralkita wrote:can you guys not grr at each other there's really no need
Well, I am keeping my comments to the game, so *shrug*
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:36 am

Post by Persivul »

On my phone so keeping this brief but fwiw

9:4 without a full copis ridiculously scum sided. I get that mod probably looked at it as an extra scum to offset the pgos but you shouldn't assume you know how things Will play out.

That said the pgos claiming made it even easier. I think dunn is right that pgos should claim ascetic...he should have stuck to that. If anyone here knitted how to update thewiki that would be good info.

Nero made it easier yet. Don't make the game about yourself. You posted way too much. Sometimes as town you need to back off even if it means your own lynch.

The ranges of possible deadlines didn't help town either. After the first one passed some people kind of gave up.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:48 am

Post by Bins »

I've always believed PGOs should claim right away. And as I said in game, claiming ascetic is probably a better play.

gtkas
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:02 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 2090, Titus wrote:
In post 2089, Zachstralkita wrote:can you guys not grr at each other there's really no need
Well, I am keeping my comments to the game, so *shrug*

he made a setup based on people playing a certain way because he's accustomed to people playing a certain way
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:48 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

drixx shouldve been the day 2 lynch tbh and then i shouldve been lynched after that
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:29 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

again, PGOs claiming seems utterly pointless and boring - why would you even put them in the game if you think they're just going to get claimed out of the gate? claiming unprovoked just helps scum

claiming ascetic early seems equally as pointless and boring
balance among all things
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:33 am

Post by Bins »

we had a tracker and watcher and i tend (and dunn does too) to always draw town PRs on me because people have a rough time sorting us even if they say they townread us

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:33 am

Post by Bins »

and ofc we also had no idea the coal thing would make the pgo void

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:34 am

Post by Bins »

i dont think ive ever played in a game where pgos shouldnt claim immediately

gtkas
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:36 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 2095, drealmerz7 wrote:again, PGOs claiming seems utterly pointless and boring - why would you even put them in the game if you think they're just going to get claimed out of the gate? claiming unprovoked just helps scum

claiming ascetic early seems equally as pointless and boring
scum still have reason to kill an ascetic
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”