oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:44 am

Post by oldwino »

I don't think the 4 scum was 'the problem' for town. Nero overplayed and overposted, looking scummy and distracting much of the play, Ty tunneled and then disappeared when he got a wagon in him, Zach tunneled too and overplayed, Desperado didn't play until he was cornered, and IMO town PR's claimed sooner than they should have. Not just this game but all games hide roles at the beginning, so why expose yourselves so early when not forced to? This defeats the purpose of hidden roles. We had lots of power roles we didn't use well. Town didn't challenge RM or Sling when they held back. Scum played well, town didn't. Let's take responsibility for our play, not blame the set-up because it was hard and challenged town to play well.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:14 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 2090, Titus wrote:
In post 2089, Zachstralkita wrote:can you guys not grr at each other there's really no need
Well, I am keeping my comments to the game, so *shrug*
noooo, this is why I call you deluded - you simply lie to yourself so you can believe/think what you want and not see the truth about a situation

you made a erroneous judgement on ME / my person (by saying I'm "making excuses"), rather than trying to understand why I did what I did

why are you even posting here? to bother me, I'm sure
balance among all things
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:40 am

Post by Desperado »

@ oldwino I'm not really sure what you mean. i pressured two people who ended up being scum and then got lynched because ??? Even though three vocal townies had me as town
;)
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:32 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 2101, drealmerz7 wrote: Well, I am keeping my comments to the game, so *shrug*
noooo, this is why I call you deluded - you simply lie to yourself so you can believe/think what you want and not see the truth about a situation

you made a erroneous judgement on ME / my person (by saying I'm "making excuses"), rather than trying to understand why I did what I did

why are you even posting here? to bother me, I'm sure[/quote]
Don't be a douchebag. She's right about the setup. If I were town I would have blasted you for wasting my time with that setup.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:02 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

did you read anything I said? it's not about 'titus being right about the setup', I frikken said it was scumsided before she even stuck her nose in here - my issue is with her not having any interest in trying to understand why I did it this way and pulling BSout of her butt (as she always does) about me "making excuses"

and how is it a waste of time if it is fun, interesting - unless it is all about winning for you, I guess - you sure like to whine, persivul, like, you can't even recognize that the indeterminite deadline actually benefited the game, you just want to whine about it because ??? you're not used to it I guess?

and again, town definitely had a chance to win, if they played well
balance among all things
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:14 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 2104, drealmerz7 wrote:did you read anything I said?
Yes, you largely blamed town for not playing well enough, when in reality it was a bad setup.
it's not about 'titus being right about the setup', I frikken said it was scumsided before she even stuck her nose in here - my issue is with her not having any interest in trying to understand why I did it this way and pulling BSout of her butt (as she always does) about me "making excuses"
It wasn't BS, as noted you pretty much blamed town for not playing as you expected them to play.
and how is it a waste of time if it is fun, interesting - unless it is all about winning for you, I guess
All about winning? No. Expecting a reasonable chance of success? Yes. This game takes a lot of time, especially for town, and it sucks to find you didn't really have a chance.
- you sure like to whine, persivul, like, you can't even recognize that the indeterminite deadline actually benefited the game, you just want to whine about it because ??? you're not used to it I guess?
Because it's the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen.
and again, town definitely had a chance to win, if they played well
There you go blaming town again.

Day 1: 7 to lynch, 9 town. With no bussing, that's 78% agreement. That's very difficult to achieve. This was Titus's main point and it's correct.

Day 2: 6 to lynch, 7 town. That's almost impossible.

Day 3: 5 to lynch, 5 town. WTF?

As desp said, all scum needed to do was not bus in order to win.

You thought our N1 kill was misdirection. No, it was just that it was likely to go through, and that's all we needed.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:17 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

dude, seriously, read, I had no expectations for how town would play, I'm saying how they needed to play (better) in order to win

and that is how the game goes, the team that plays better, wins - imagine!
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:19 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

play poorly, expect to lose

how many times do I need to say I'm aware of the 9v4 irregularity and scum-sidedness?
balance among all things
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:19 am

Post by Bins »

In post 2106, drealmerz7 wrote:and that is how the game goes, the team that plays better, wins - imagine!
I think that was the issue, it was that some of the scum team put in minimal effort but all they really had to do was vote and because of numbers they could control the vote.

I don't mind challenges and losing because of an interesting setup, but I can see why people take issue to it. I also agree with wino that there were more issues than just a numbers game.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:21 am

Post by Bins »

Like I think Desperado said most of the town wanted to lynch Drixx D1, but because of numbers that lynch is going to be hard to push through. And you say that we should "analyze" the speed of the wagon, etc. And because the wagon was resisting, it was obviously right, but that's really not how D1 town should be expected to play, considering most people's reads are not confident.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:25 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 2108, Bins wrote: but I can see why people take issue to it.
me too, of course, I knew it going in that ppl would likely take issue with it, and again, thank the lot of you for not being uber-pissed
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:26 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I'll also say, if anyone plays my future games, be prepared for unusualness, major swing that will advantage the better players, and pre-mature claiming to only benefit scum, among other things
balance among all things
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:29 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 2106, drealmerz7 wrote:dude, seriously, read, I had no expectations for how town would play, I'm saying how they needed to play (better) in order to win
I think you expected the PGOs not to claim. I think you expected at least one PGO to draw a NK.
and that is how the game goes, the team that plays better, wins - imagine!
Again, D1: 7/9. D2: 6/7. D3: 5/5. Those aren't realistic.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:35 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

aye, I wished I would have thought to do 9v2v2 or 8v2v2v1 instead, no doubt

or rather, been allowed to have it be 14 or 15p with the extra # going to town
balance among all things
oldwino
oldwino
Goon
oldwino
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:45 am

Post by oldwino »

In post 2102, Desperado wrote:@ oldwino I'm not really sure what you mean. i pressured two people who ended up being scum and then got lynched because ??? Even though three vocal townies had me as town
You played well D1 only after you were backed into a corner and it was too late. At first you looked like scum hiding, then you looked like scum scrambling when caught. Drixx didn't do any better on D1, but you took the lynch that either of you could have taken. Only because I played with you before, when you were scum, did I believe you were town despite your early lack of play on D1.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:08 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 2114, oldwino wrote:Drixx didn't do any better on D1, but you took the lynch that either of you could have taken.
Technically either could have taken it, but Drixx required 7 of 9 people to agree, while for Desp it was 7 out of 12. That's a big difference.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”