Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 2084, CommKnight wrote:It also generated probably the biggest activity spike in the entire game.
Activity is only useful if it is gameplay activity, not if it is discussion about a bad shot/things unrelated to game.

It was a bad shot. The only reason I ever thought it was somewhat justified was because I mistakenly thought the hydra had been breaking their own rules, and that would turn into a clusterfuck and be game-distracting. Turns out, that wasn't the case, but the way you went about your shot -was- a clusterfuck and game distracting. You used what was intended to be there as insurance against a problem to -create the problem-. It was a bad shot.

No, I don't think the reactions of "Reroll the game" and whatnot were justified. Rules weren't broken or anything, it was just a bad shot. But stop trying to excuse it, just admit it was a bad move man. We all have 'em, this was one of yours.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:56 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1983, CommKnight wrote:You guys might not see it, but mechanics working differently than stated by wiki truly fucked with our results.
Did you make any effort to figure out how the mechanics or the roles worked? From what it seemed, you mostly just made assumptions (like the bodyguard working similarly how it does on Town of Salem even though that's not how the role works on this site).

And then when people wanted to question the mechanics (like Titus asking about how Gamma's role worked), you mostly just shut down the discussion, much like how you treated the Democracy slot when some of us just wanted you to clarify your ambiguous read on Titus. Do you not get that sometimes mechanics need to be clarified so it can be easier for town to get on the same page and figure stuff out? Even though Titus was scum, it was still a valid concern in the presence of an unclarified Magic Train mechanic that Gamma was claiming was supposed to be working differently.

With the RoleCop being the sole nightkill and the dead thread getting a vote-giving mechanic, did it not occur to you that A50 could pass you some sort of info about his most previous night action? Just some stuff to think about and why, even if you don't care much for it, why game mechanics matter and you shouldn't just rush the day (and why you shouldn't rush days without waiting for 'investigative roles' to at least check in if they have any worthwhile results).
In post 2080, CommKnight wrote:Seriously, the hydra heads are still bloody sour about being vigged. That toxic shit they shoveled before and after the shot had nothing to do with it, nope, nope, nope. They are infallible in creating the environment where they ended up dead.
How exactly were
we
the ones being toxic?

You opened the game pretending to befuddle the lie detector just 'cause. And you lacked the self awareness to realize that scum might ignore you and just buddy you instead of trying to figure out your true intentions.

Then you give ambiguous statements, and when pressed on them, choose to act arrogantly and make a self-admitted fake reaction test, which despite thinking was a waste of time, we humored you and responded to you anyway and called you out as the vig. You also said the reason you shot us was because we weren't trying to solve the game, except the people that were supposed to post on Day 1 were already actively trying to do so, and you shot us anyway because...? If your intention was for all of our heads to do so publicly (why?), then you weren't reading our posts when we told you several times (and even in the signup thread before the game started) that only some of us were going to post each day (which is a failure on YOUR part, not ours).

Not to mention that you were somehow indicating several different potential roles in your posts, and we thought that you could've been a public daycop (which was why we were antagonizing you, and why I told you to be more self-aware in the future), but still somehow got it correct that you were the dayvig.

You called us annoying or a troll on at least two occasions (neither of which are alignment indicative mind you, and you didn't even care to ask us the reason why we wanted to be a treestump in the first place). And despite telling me that you would ignore the possibility of other people (namely scum) controlling your shot if you were ever a vig and shoot a scumread, your explanation of your shot on us seemed as though you were just making a policy shot to clear yourself. And you did so both without asking for our claim or trying to work with us in any capacity. We did not ignore you or act toxic to you in any way toward you first. We asked you a sincere question about your thoughts on the game, and instead of working with us, you spat in our face just so you can make a dumb reaction test and shoot us so you can confirm yourself as town, or that's what it felt like.

The only person in this game that was acting like a troll was
you
. We were literally trying to interact with you on several occasions, but you were choosing not to reciprocate in favor of being 'funny' or 'witty' or just 'obnoxious.'
In post 2080, CommKnight wrote:Seriously, the hydra heads are still bloody sour about being vigged. That toxic shit they shoveled before and after the shot had nothing to do with it, nope, nope, nope. They are infallible in creating the environment where they ended up dead.
How did
we
create the toxic environment? You were the one baiting us and refusing to talk to us in any reasonable capacity.

Also, we aren't sour about being vigged. If we believed that you sincerely just thought we were scum and weren't being an egotistical ass this game, we probably wouldn't care that much. We're mainly pissed off that you lacked the self-awareness to see the kind of shitfuck you were being and that your shot didn't feel like it was anything other than a policy vig. Mostly everyone in this game is willing to take blame for the loss, but despite being involved with
EVERY SINGLE TOWNFLIP UNRELATED TO THE FACTIONAL SCUMKILL
, you're trying to shed blame elsewhere. Not to mention you promised us an apology and haven't done so in any sincere capacity.

You need to realize that if people don't find you enjoyable to play with, you're not going to find very many players willing to be in the same game as you. And part of that involves being humble and owning up to your mistakes.
Aelita
Aelita
Goon
Aelita
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:18 pm

Post by Aelita »

@trandom That one was to Titus.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:21 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 2091, Ginngie wrote:You shot a hydra that is filled with players that are leagues above your pay grade
Honestly Ginngie, that's really kind of you to say but I wasn't in the hydra I was lynched day 2.
But for that you forever have my respect :up:
I claim scum \o/
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:55 am

Post by nancy »

Preach Brian
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:14 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 2099, GuyInFreezer wrote:The role not working like the standard wiki version shouldn't have mattered.

Plus, A50 didn't call Vedith scum from his role. He called Vedith scum because he thought that if he was a town Uni Backup he would've taken one of the dead role instead.
I thought it was ridiculous people were talking about how a role "should work" - this is a theme game, anything is possible, and the option to choose sounds entirely reasonable

vedith not picking BG is very anti-town, but then that's vedith for you
balance among all things
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:03 am

Post by Titus »

@Democracy, I think CommKnight needs space and time from the game. His posting reads more like he's trying to deny what happened to himself and he's not going to respond well to most feedback.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:32 am

Post by mastina »

Coincidentally, I just rewrote an article that a certain someone this game could have use of!
Take a guess who.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:46 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2108, mastina wrote:Coincidentally, I just rewrote an article that a certain someone this game could have use of!
Take a guess who.
It's me, isn't it...
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:48 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

what's VI?
balance among all things
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:53 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2110, drealmerz7 wrote:what's VI?
Vi is a person on the site. They are very nice :)

A VI is a Village Idiot, or someone who is generally antitown in play and may cause a great deal of derailment to an otherwise productive game.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:54 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2108, mastina wrote:Coincidentally, I just rewrote an article that a certain someone this game could have use of!
Take a guess who.
You should totally add a section that calling players braindead for disagreeing never helps and ensures your opinion goes into the trash.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 2111, Aristophanes wrote:

A VI is a Village Idiot, or someone who is generally antitown in play and may cause a great deal of derailment to an otherwise productive game.
I know - I was pretending to be a VI (: I like to do that sometimes to gauge reactions - I've still got it!
balance among all things
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:48 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2113, drealmerz7 wrote:

I know - I was pretending to be a VI (: I like to do that sometimes to gauge reactions - I've still got it!
drealmerz, what you're describing is a slayer's gambit. You have a reputation of still being a VI though. I know you're not going to like it from me, but I know you'd be relatively easy to guilty here because of your lack of skill and posting attitude. When it shifted to you v random, I was completely off the table. You had been telling others how much they suck, which is not an effective method of persuasion. Even here, you lost in a sweep. You need to look at why you were not persuasive. You believed I was scum, but you effectively post I'm scum in every game. It made you easy to dismiss here. Why could I get away with just shutting down the conversation in lylo? There's plenty for you to review and reflect on, and your sole answer here again is that you've still "got it", but really you didn't.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:53 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

clearly you didn't understand me or care to try to, surprise surprise

I meant I've still got the ability to fool people as I see fit

and umm, think I've been calling you scum in all the games you've been scum in - that's not why no one listened, no one listened because town sucked balls
balance among all things
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:55 am

Post by Shaziro »

No, Titus understands you pretty well.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:55 am

Post by Titus »

Believe me or not. I do care. Even if it's selfish because I don't want you to drive good players away. Mafia is a cooperative game. You win and lose as a team. Your team lost. Until you continue to analyze why you lost, people will continue to use this game as a clinic to beat you when you suspect them drealmerz. I'd love it if you became a more civil player and worked with town.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:55 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I even had you for sure as scum in the D&D game you replaced in to and was putting you in my pocket by singing you a ballad and attempting peace (:

not at all, shaz, actually, but way to be up her ass (:
balance among all things
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:56 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2113, drealmerz7 wrote:

Oh. Well shit! XD
- Jingle
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:57 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

we lost because town was extremely stupid, not much more to it
balance among all things
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2120, drealmerz7 wrote:we lost because town was extremely stupid, not much more to it
I'll try one more time. Why was town in your words "extremely stupid"? What could you have done differently to help town be "smarter"?

The only points I found town were extremely stupid (minus the dayvig), I can still track back to you. For instance, town was completely careless as to lylo. Nearly everyone had Navy as town, which meant one town vote loses. Town yet recklessly threw down three votes in lylo. Just because your vote happened to be correct didn't make it any less careless.

You also were very pointlessly semantic. Rather than figure out why I was asking you about Navy's alignment, you responded with a semantic comment about "knowing". If someone asks you who is scum or the alignment of someone, they want your opinion. If you had figured that out, you would have been able to derail a vote on you by highlighting it was in fact lylo.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I mean, my case on you being scum was pretty solid, titus, and you not answering any of my posts in a series of posts that were very implicating just was permitted - and no one cared - that is less about being persuasive and just simply town being really bad
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

semantics are important...
balance among all things
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Titus »

Why did no one care? (Your case was pretty bad, but I'm supposing it was good for sake of argument.)

Yes, semantics are important. You can acknowledge the semantic processing
and
still respond to the substance of the concern.

For instance, when I asked "What's Nacy's alignment?" You could say something like "I don't know Navy's alignment, like your question seems to imply
but I think she's town because....
. Then, you'd find out that your semantic interpretation did not match the common usage of the question, the game goes forward, and you have more credibility to make me answer your questions.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”