Mini 1918: Paint Mafia Threequel! Game Over!

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by Varsoon »

That's also why I couldn't No-Kill or kill Aristo on the last night;
Max would be too liable to second-guess his continued survival and change the script with a vote on me.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Holy shit Maxwell had a fantastic pick for the death scene
I totally get it
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Bomberman
Bomberman
Goon
Bomberman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by Bomberman »

I did what I could and it just wasn't enough. I take this loss with humility regardless if my reads were seemingly correct. The fact of the matter is that reads mean nothing if you can't do anything about them, and I didn't do enough.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:31 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah--I was trying my best to come from as legitimate a place as I could regarding absences and poor town performance. I knew that my play (votes, positioning, etc) looked better than yours, but for the last few days of the game I was really coming from a place of genuine frustration with people and hoping that it'd come off as town rhetoric.

Regardless, you're right: You can know who the entire scum team is, but if you can't convince other people to lynch them, it's no use. People often focus so much on what they can do to find scum and don't cultivate enough of a game presence to rally town onto those lynches.
Bomberman
Bomberman
Goon
Bomberman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by Bomberman »

I really wish people listened to me and I'm a bit bitter about that fact, but it's my fault for not being convincing enough. It's my fault for not assuming leadership regardless if it doesn't bode with my playstyle. I dunno if it would've helped but sitting in frustration and contempt over the state of the game probably didn't help.
Bomberman
Bomberman
Goon
Bomberman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Bomberman »

You played better than me at the end of the day so I'm not too mad, it was going to be a tough argument and I took a chance trying to convince aristo with something a bit less unorthodox.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Exactly that.

Taking early initiative can go a long way.
Just look at this game. By stepping up and not backing down from the Two-Face lynch and reminding people to stay on it when they were going to ditch for other wagons, both Fro99er and myself were pretty cemented as town worth following. You see this repeated again when Fro99er made the hard push for the Gamma flip. Obviously, yielding worthwhile and tangible results to town works best in your favor, but charting a plan of action and sticking to it and being clear about it typically provides a deal of transparency while also making the waves you need to succeed.

P-EDIT:
There were several times where I would type something, only to back away and not make a response.
You were 100% right that I was waiting out on time and not putting down content--Aristo was already where I needed him, why chance that with more content that might change his mind?
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:25 am

Post by aptil »

Good game. I was thinking about the kill choice yesterday but in the end it worked out so that's great.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:53 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 2100, Varsoon wrote:That's also why I couldn't No-Kill or kill Aristo on the last night;
Max would be too liable to second-guess his continued survival and change the script with a vote on me.
As soon as I voted Bomber and left i regretted it. I thought Varsoon had to be scum then, but i was already with no internet and then was killed. You def made the right call.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:56 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Yeah, you had me pocketed all game!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:23 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 2101, Gamma Emerald wrote:Holy shit Maxwell had a fantastic pick for the death scene
I totally get it
Im treasuring this drawing, Cheet
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:45 am

Post by aptil »

Almost forgot. Thanks Chetts for the game . Loved the flavour and mechanics would like to play this setup again for sure.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2108, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 2100, Varsoon wrote:That's also why I couldn't No-Kill or kill Aristo on the last night;
As soon as I voted Bomber and left i regretted it. I thought Varsoon had to be scum then, but i was already with no internet and then was killed. You def made the right call.
I'm glad I read that correctly. You didn't really seem to 'own' your Bomber vote and, if you, me, and Bomber were around for LYLO, you probably wouldn't stick to it.
Couple that with your growing paranoia of my slot and bomber's own casing relying heavily on building that paranoia, I figured I would have a worse chance in LYLO with you over Aristo.

That said, Aristo, I feel like you were playing a good game early on and did a ton of things that made you absolutely town--I expressed a lot of that in the thread. I think you'd probably benefit from being a bit more outwardly transparent about your reads and where you'd like to the game to go, while being a little more critical about everything.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Varsoon »

Was shakin' in my boots when we started rolling the replacements in, especially because then my whole 'Bus D1 and coast towncred' strategy falls apart for people who have a fresh set of eyes on everything and weren't there D1.
Titus immediately went after me, and it's lucky that I could write the Titus kill off as 'Scum killing conf-town' and not 'Scum killing the person leading a wagon on them'.
Even at the end, when Bomber was asking who pushed me, I neglected to mention Titus, because of that fear.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:09 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2112, Varsoon wrote:That said, Aristo, I feel like you were playing a good game early on and did a ton of things that made you absolutely town--I expressed a lot of that in the thread. I think you'd probably benefit from being a bit more outwardly transparent about your reads and where you'd like to the game to go, while being a little more critical about everything.
I'll keep all of this in mind moving forward and am always happy to have feedback! Thanks man :)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by Varsoon »

For instance, early on, I was trying to pin you as a mislynch by putting some pressure on you:
viewtopic.php?p=9315994#p9315994

However, when you were straightforward, answered me pretty quickly, and gave pretty solid rationale for the actions you were taking, there was no way I could push a scumread on you there for reasons that I typically scumread people. That's when I realized that you were coming from a town PoV and, if I were town, would probably have started townreading you--so I decided to do that as scum and hope that an early townread on you (from a logical place/actual interaction) would help to buddy you.

I think if you had more places where, as you made a play, you explained why you were playing the way you were, then more people would townread you and follow you early on.

With everything, it's a balancing act. Explain too much and people will peg you for overexplaining and seeming like you need to constantly 'justify' your play. I think you were doing well on D1, where you were playing in a way that made sense to you, but when questioned, you could actually back up your play because it was all coming from an informed, town place, rather than just being random votes or flimsy posturing.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Bomber's death scene:

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Sorry I poisoned your fries, Bomber!!!
- Jingle

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”