Antitown
Antitown
Goon
Antitown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:43 am

Post by Antitown »

What a surprise, Carca was scum and Treble was scum defending her. That Scorpious push was god awful and I should have pressured Treble harder.

I'm curious as to how this game was balanced with three mafia, a SK, and essentially an additional 3P in Fuzzy because he played incredibly survivalistic.
As life fades away, time continues unceasingly, until all is consumed by darkness.
Antitown
Antitown
Goon
Antitown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:46 am

Post by Antitown »

Also who made the shot? I figured we would lynch Carca and I'd get to save it for Treblesome the next night.

This is also why you do not simply no lynch when there is no town benefit to it.

Looking at the setup it does not seem balanced to me but oh well doesn't matter now.
As life fades away, time continues unceasingly, until all is consumed by darkness.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:48 am

Post by Katsuki »

Lastly am disappointed that Treble got saved, I spent the first few days looking forward to his flip as it would save me the trouble of having to push his lynch. Alas.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:54 am

Post by Bins »

In post 1479, Katsuki wrote:Lastly am disappointed that Treble got saved, I spent the first few days looking forward to his flip as it would save me the trouble of having to push his lynch. Alas.
HHWHSAT
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:55 am

Post by vonflare »

wait katsuki was in this game?
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:05 am

Post by Bins »

fkn punked
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:16 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Oh yeah I think I realized that on D1 then I totally forgot about it somewhere later on in the game because I never wrote it down
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Steel
Steel
Goon
Steel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:19 am

Post by Steel »

Tis unfortunate I could not commit fully to this game in the later stages, especially when the game didn't end when I thought it would. My apologies.

Good game and well met, fellows.
No defending.
Steel
Steel
Goon
Steel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:21 am

Post by Steel »

My mistake was not lynching scorpious day 1. I knew he was vigilante and I also knew he would probably shoot treblesome based on his reads, but it somehow did not register for me during that day. If he could not take that shot things would have been somewhat less stressful.
No defending.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:30 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 1483, RadiantCowbells wrote:Oh yeah I think I realized that on D1 then I totally forgot about it somewhere later on in the game because I never wrote it down
Who else would have known about your vocal patterns? :P Turns out that they were off after all.

Figures that I'd end up slipping post-game, whoops.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Steel
Steel
Goon
Steel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:52 am

Post by Steel »

I wonder how the game would have looked if it continued and I had more time to invest into it.
No defending.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:06 am

I never went back and read day one again so I forgot
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Steel
Steel
Goon
Steel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:15 am

Post by Steel »

The only mislynch that was somewhat bad was havingfitz in my opinion. Fuzzylogic was not full town and scorpious lynch I cannot really fault.

Tis funny how you can scumread 2 out 3 scum but just the one misread is what hurts you as in radical rat's situation. Normally that would be quite respectable.
No defending.
Steel
Steel
Goon
Steel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:18 am

Post by Steel »

Twas somewhat amusing when I scumhammered scorpious thinking the game would end and then it continued.
No defending.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:19 am

Steel you are from MU?
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I didn't really read most of the game, and virtually nothing past D1. I didn't see your hammer but since there were no VCs there wasn't much of a point for me to go back and try piecing the wagons together so I didn't.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1450, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1449, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1444, CommKnight wrote:Also here's my question... IF I used my lightning rod when my role had no MILLER augmentation to it, why did people not go with the guilty? That should've been a dead giveaway since I would've came back as innocent.
Because Madvillain apparently forgot who they targetted.
If they had claimed they targetted you, Carcalilly would have been lynched right there.
Ehhhh I don't think so.
No, he's right RC.
MadVillain's shot being refunded was nearly unassailable proof the lightning rod was used and that's what called my investigation into question.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Anywho, GG everyone see you later. ^_^
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by Scummies »

Congratulations to the victors!

The game has drawn to a close, the jig is up! Some of you have lost, but others have won!

Take a few days, think about the game. Recognize what was best in your teammates and opponents, and consider nominating them for a Scummy! Players and mods in this game may be eligible for one of the following awards:

BODY OF WORK AWARDS

Best Mafia Catcher
: Also known as the Paragon of Mafia Hunters, this award is given to the single town player who, across all of their games for the year, exhibited the best ability for nailing those dirty scumbags and bringing the bad guys to justice while playing as a pro-town role.
Rising Star
: This award is given to the player that is a rising star in the game of mafia, showing great promise to join the elite echelon of mafia players. This award replaces both the Best Newbie award and Most Improved Player awards, and judges may consider elements of both those previous awards in deciding this award.
Excellent Moderation
: Also known as the “The Modfather” Award. This award is given to the moderator who, over the course of the past year, exemplifies the best qualities of a moderator in the operation of the game, including but not limited to quality and frequency of vote counts, organization of the game, dealing with issues that arise, keeping players active, and so forth. Judges may consider how challenging the games a moderator ran were, but they shall not penalize a moderator for only running more basic games. A mod must run at least 3 games to completion in the calendar year to be considered for this award.
SINGLE GAME - PLAYER

Most Cunning Manipulator
: Also known as the “Don Corleone” Award. Awarded to the player who has the strongest single game performance as mafia. In rare cases, where a player feels an entire scumteam gelled to create a strong cohesive scum performance, multiple members of a team may be nominated.
Best Performance Third Party
: Also known as the “Hannibal Lecter” Award. Awarded to the player or players that performed the most impressively in winning their game as a third party.
Most Memorable Event
: Also known as the “Kodak Moment” Award. Awarded to the player or players who were involved in the most memorable event in a game of mafia. Fake claims, funny claims, awesome exchanges, etc. may all be considered for this award
SINGLE GAME - MODERATOR

Best Setup
: Also known as the “Rube Goldberg” Award. Given to the moderator who designed the best setup. Judges may consider the roles involved in a game, how those roles interacted, how balanced a setup was, whether it furthered any particular theme, how the setup interacts with a mechanic, or any other factors the judges deem relevant. This award is distinct, however, from the “Best Mechanic” award in that it does not consider how good or bad any change to the basic way a Mafia game is played.
Best Flavor Text
: Also known as the “Paperback Writer” Award. Given to the moderator who wrote the most compelling flavor text. Judges should consider the flavor text of all parts of the game, including Role PMs and Day/Night scenes. Where appropriate, Judges may consider how well the flavor works with the announced theme.
Best Mechanic/Mutation
: Also known as the "Mad Scientist” Award. Given to the moderator who figured out the most compelling way to change the basic mechanics of the game of mafia, and/or created the most compelling new role or adaptation to increase player enjoyment. Judges shall consider both the basic idea behind the game as well as how well it was executed, and the uniqueness and quality of the role/adaptation.
SITE AWARDS

Game of the Year
: Also known as the “Player’s Choice” Award. This award is given to the moderator of a game. It is given in recognition of the overall excellence of a game. The Game of the Year award is a "catch all" award for the best overall game throughout the entire year, considering all aspects of the game from moderator quality, to the excellent design and composition of the game, to the performance and cohesion of the playerlist. A Game of the Year is meant to be the game that we can all point to later and say "This game was the best game the site could offer that year in terms of Design, Playerlist, and moderating capability." This is a PUBLIC VOTE. [/color]

The
2018 Scummies thread
is located here.
You may nominate a player or moderator for an award using this form.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”