Mini 1939 - Organization XIII (Game Over)

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by mastina »

*tips hat*
Well-played, town.

I can't place the blame on the setup--it was balanced, not townsided, so the scum loss was not because of it.
I can't really blame incompetent scumplay--I don't really think we made any play which was really a mistake. Perhaps not the MOST optimal, but I'd argue our play was overall far from suboptimal. So the loss wasn't because of that.

You just genuinely outplayed us.

You beat me fair and square.

I was pulling every trick out of the book--breaking towntells of mine, abusing my meta, basically trying every possible trick and strategy I have in my arsenal.
And it wasn't enough.

This was a GOOD town.

I mean overall my stance is fuck replacements because replacements overall were by far +EV for the town (in particular, Saix 2.0 singlehandedly fucked the scum over by turning our best shot at lylo via a mislynch into someone who was necessary to kill before then), but I can't really say replacements in of themselves were a contributing factor to the town win. Xigbar 2.0 was good but no offense to Xig 2.0, you're not RadiantfuckingCowbells the dude who singlehandedly took on fucking Jingle our star scum player and WON. Dunkerdoodles is also someone who I'd say is of a lesser skill overall than nancy for the same slot. And Jingle was a replacement who boosted our scumteam greatly. And so on and so forth. So the replacements at certain times DID help scum...but at other times. They really, really, REALLY hurt us.

And it was a combined effort, too. No one stage was dominant.

I knew I was losing from the moment RC succeeded in lynching Jingle. (Well, no. I knew I was losing from the moment we got Saix 2.0 because before Saix 2.0 it was going to be reasonably easy to get to a 5p lylo or MAYBE survive to a 3p lylo. AFTER Saix 2.0 came in, it became clear there was only one way this game was ending and it was not in my favor.) I did everything I could to stop it, of course, and above all else I'm disappointed I didn't get the 3p lylo I was hoping to make (making it to 3p lylo was something in of itself I'd have called a win given how fucked we were), but I can't really blame myself for not getting it.

I did everything I could. Everything I could think of. Put in as much effort as I possibly could. Town still beat me, and I can't be mad at that. That was just me being outplayed, and town fucking EARNED that win.

I was impressed to say the least. It was the first time I've actually had this level of challenge to my scumgame. Admittedly--too much of a challenge given I couldn't win. :P But it's the kind of game which actually kickstarts a desire to do better as scum, something that I typically haven't done. I haven't felt the need before this game yet now I actually DO feel it because my best wasn't good enough here and that means my best needs to be better.

Basically, town did really well. I held high respect for the players I faced.
No objection to the scum PT being released. You'll find me sing more praises there for the most part. (I probably didn't sing as many as I should have, actually.) I was impressed the whole time through. This is a town which fought hard and earned a win against at least two reasonably-competent scum players. With virtually zero information from power roles no less. (They played a
small
part, but not a large part, in defining the victory--exactly as power roles SHOULD be in games.) Just on scumhunting merits, lynching one scum and homing in on the others from there.

I can't complain about losing to something like that.
I Xemnas
I Xemnas
Goon
I Xemnas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by I Xemnas »

I felt like I was seriously on to you too late, Mastina. But, I was on to you in a desultory way from my initial readthrough and I think I was correct about your reads being more confident than made sense both in terms of where you were on the confidence pendulum and in terms of the game itself.

This post, though. This post of mine was terrible and it haunted me in the grave.
In post 1949, I Xemnas wrote:Roxas I hope you'll be around in the next hour or so. I wanted to know your thoughts about Demyx 1.0.

Xigbar
Luxord
Roxas
Vexen

It's probably too late and until recently it seemed impossible and maybe it still is.

But I would really like it if at least we five could agree on a lynch.
Mad props to Zexion, Luxord and Axle for following through on your convictions toDay
The Superior of the In-Between
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3276, I Xemnas wrote:I felt like I was seriously on to you too late, Mastina. But, I was on to you in a desultory way from my initial readthrough and I think I was correct about your reads being more confident than made sense both in terms of where you were on the confidence pendulum and in terms of the game itself.

This post, though. This post of mine was terrible and it haunted me in the grave.
In post 1949, I Xemnas wrote:Roxas I hope you'll be around in the next hour or so. I wanted to know your thoughts about Demyx 1.0.

Xigbar
Luxord
Roxas
Vexen

It's probably too late and until recently it seemed impossible and maybe it still is.

But I would really like it if at least we five could agree on a lynch.
Mad props to Zexion, Luxord and Axle for following through on your convictions toDay
Mine.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by nancy »

No wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3275, mastina wrote:I can't place the blame on the setup--it was balanced, not townsided, so the scum loss was not because of it.
:D
It was kind of intersting to watch the setup evolve during review. Like, the general shape and feel of it was similar, but we flipped around a pretty good % of things, including making the super tracker scum and the watcher town where previously it was other way around.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by nancy »

Jk I already knew it was ffery
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by fferyllt »

<3

Idic
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

It was actually funny during the game someone was talking about how scum clearly had decent claims to make given game state and I was like :cool:
Show
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by nancy »

I'm curious about your thought process wrt the rolecop because that really made my role obviously town-aligned after Vexen's flip.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by Cabd »

It could have been morph but no hydrae occupying a single alt allowed and didn't want to replace into a different slot on the off chance i drew scum against confotown-ffery.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Somewhat self-clearing, but at same time we nerfed it from original concept since ninja wasn’t announced.

But scum got some cool power, and 2/3 slots with blatantly claimable roles (indeed, day one was “lynch xaldin” day without his tracker claim I think).
Show
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:59 pm

Post by nancy »

Yeah it was. I don't know why RC backed off that tbh.

What was the original concept?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3275, mastina wrote:*tips hat*
Well-played, town.

I can't place the blame on the setup--it was balanced, not townsided, so the scum loss was not because of it.
I can't really blame incompetent scumplay--I don't really think we made any play which was really a mistake. Perhaps not the MOST optimal, but I'd argue our play was overall far from suboptimal. So the loss wasn't because of that.

You just genuinely outplayed us.

You beat me fair and square.

I was pulling every trick out of the book--breaking towntells of mine, abusing my meta, basically trying every possible trick and strategy I have in my arsenal.
And it wasn't enough.

This was a GOOD town.

I mean overall my stance is fuck replacements because replacements overall were by far +EV for the town (in particular, Saix 2.0 singlehandedly fucked the scum over by turning our best shot at lylo via a mislynch into someone who was necessary to kill before then), but I can't really say replacements in of themselves were a contributing factor to the town win. Xigbar 2.0 was good but no offense to Xig 2.0, you're not RadiantfuckingCowbells the dude who singlehandedly took on fucking Jingle our star scum player and WON. Dunkerdoodles is also someone who I'd say is of a lesser skill overall than nancy for the same slot. And Jingle was a replacement who boosted our scumteam greatly. And so on and so forth. So the replacements at certain times DID help scum...but at other times. They really, really, REALLY hurt us.

And it was a combined effort, too. No one stage was dominant.

I knew I was losing from the moment RC succeeded in lynching Jingle. (Well, no. I knew I was losing from the moment we got Saix 2.0 because before Saix 2.0 it was going to be reasonably easy to get to a 5p lylo or MAYBE survive to a 3p lylo. AFTER Saix 2.0 came in, it became clear there was only one way this game was ending and it was not in my favor.) I did everything I could to stop it, of course, and above all else I'm disappointed I didn't get the 3p lylo I was hoping to make (making it to 3p lylo was something in of itself I'd have called a win given how fucked we were), but I can't really blame myself for not getting it.

I did everything I could. Everything I could think of. Put in as much effort as I possibly could. Town still beat me, and I can't be mad at that. That was just me being outplayed, and town fucking EARNED that win.

I was impressed to say the least. It was the first time I've actually had this level of challenge to my scumgame. Admittedly--too much of a challenge given I couldn't win. :P But it's the kind of game which actually kickstarts a desire to do better as scum, something that I typically haven't done. I haven't felt the need before this game yet now I actually DO feel it because my best wasn't good enough here and that means my best needs to be better.

Basically, town did really well. I held high respect for the players I faced.
No objection to the scum PT being released. You'll find me sing more praises there for the most part. (I probably didn't sing as many as I should have, actually.) I was impressed the whole time through. This is a town which fought hard and earned a win against at least two reasonably-competent scum players. With virtually zero information from power roles no less. (They played a
small
part, but not a large part, in defining the victory--exactly as power roles SHOULD be in games.) Just on scumhunting merits, lynching one scum and homing in on the others from there.

I can't complain about losing to something like that.
You fooled me :) I'm glad you had fun :)

<3
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I'm just disappointed that I couldn't convince MariaR to do a Xaldin wagon :( *sniffs*
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3286, nancy wrote:Yeah it was. I don't know why RC backed off that tbh.

What was the original concept?
Town power was higher, scum had an ok set of stuff without much in the way of decent role claims. I was really worried in original design that day one could be a role POE of 4 lynchable roles, 2 of which were scum.

I think town overall gave xaldin cushion for his claim, which I th8nk is generally correct.

Although mastina allegedly forgetting her role PM on day one wrt hammer ability on xaldin was something I was super surprised everyone let her get away with. I’m about 80% sure town!mastina would NEVER do that; also just watching her be night and day different as a town double voter in KH vs scum double voter here was kind of intersting.
Show
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by nancy »

wtf how did I not spot Maria
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by nancy »

I mean, I let mastina get away with everything because JR said she was town lol
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

I’d locked down who RC and mastina were early on, then was spoiled so stopped trying to alt guess :P
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 366, Heartless wrote:prodded lexaeus

we're trusting all of you to ask to replace out if you're too busy/can't post at least once in a couple days for WHATEVER reason. don't worry, we won't be mad, we won't judge (well.... i won't judge. idk tth is kinda judgey. don't worry about her though.) and we're perfectly capable of finding a replacement.

i think u know all this already, just saying this to be clear

and i have no intention of being the "content" police. i trust my players to use their own judgment of what their schedule's like/going to be like. we're all adults here. (please don't prove me wrong on that)
I can’t fully explain just how badly I wanted to empty post “prodge” into the thread right after this post :P
Show
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3284, Cabd wrote:It could have been morph but no hydrae occupying a single alt allowed and didn't want to replace into a different slot on the off chance i drew scum against confotown-ffery.
You would probably have been safe. Being conftown really screws up my scumdar.

Idic
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:21 pm

Post by Shiro »

I played horribly this game tbh if anyone in the scum team has most of the fault in this lose is me :(

Sorry guys, maybe I should have replaced out but I kinda didnt want to add another replacment to the game.
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:24 pm

Post by Shiro »

In post 3267, nancy wrote:Xaldin was MaxwellPuckett
Couldn't be more off xD Granted though I played nothing like I normally play.
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:55 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 3296, Shiro wrote:
LOL

You were my first pick but then you continued to be lurkier than a motherfucker THE WHOLE GAME so I was like, okay that's Max levels of lurking I don't think it's Shiro anymore. But when I was saying I had you guessed 100%, it was as Shiro :P
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:57 pm

Post by nancy »

Funny story, my first guess before I had you as Xaldin, I thought you were Xigbar :P

It only lasted like five pages but lol
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:12 pm

Post by Shiro »

In post 3297, nancy wrote:
In post 3296, Shiro wrote:
LOL

You were my first pick but then you continued to be lurkier than a motherfucker THE WHOLE GAME so I was like, okay that's Max levels of lurking I don't think it's Shiro anymore. But when I was saying I had you guessed 100%, it was as Shiro :P
Yea I dropped the ball badly this game, I should have replaced out but *shrug*

I kinda rode my claim and it would have worked too had it not been for that saix replace out :P
To me:
About me:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”