Mini 1955: Perpetual MYLO III - Game Over!

Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3150 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:12 pm

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

Which is funny coz the main reason i rep'd in here was coz i wanted to play with Maki and Wis and this is what I ended up getting.
A game that makes me mad just to talk about.
Back to my old main for now

/quit indefinitely
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3151 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

In post 3149, Lycanfire wrote:Mulch was so transparently anti-town that his partner petitioned the mod to force replace him.
Well yeah you see i had just seen him play like that in a game that was ongoing at the time and he had flipped town, obv i couldnt tell anyone that's why I TR him, so I never brought it up back then, but that was the main reason I thought he was town, jokes on me I guess.

/quit indefinitely
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3152 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3150, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:Which is funny coz the main reason i rep'd in here was coz i wanted to play with Maki and Wis and this is what I ended up getting.
A game that makes me mad just to talk about.
:(

Fwiw I do hope next game goes better for u

:(
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3153 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:17 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I think this setup is scumsided. Mulch had a good idea (cause complications in the game state) but he tried too hard to provide solutions at the same time. I take issue at his strategy because it had a clear purpose of saving Wicked (which he did) but ultimately failed any resolution (if anything, I was more sure in my Wicked scumread as a result of Acid/Viomi flipping.)

If something like this was carried put from page one, scum could crush by simply having so many members and too many problems, with too few town tasked to see it through.

I would play a game like this again.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3154 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3151, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:
In post 3149, Lycanfire wrote:Mulch was so transparently anti-town that his partner petitioned the mod to force replace him.
Well yeah you see i had just seen him play like that in a game that was ongoing at the time and he had flipped town, obv i couldnt tell anyone that's why I TR him, so I never brought it up back then, but that was the main reason I thought he was town, jokes on me I guess.
Eh sometimes you’re right sometimes you’re wrong. Idk if this is something where you better learn mulch meta or spam posting player meta in general, but I def. would suggest that “where did my read go wrong” might be a productive avenue to explore if and when you want to go back and revisit... or you can just write it off as “fuck this game” and move on. Which if you’re really unhappy may well be the best idea.
Show
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3155 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

In post 3154, mhsmith0 wrote:or you can just write it off as “fuck this game” and move on. Which if you’re really unhappy may well be the best idea.
I would like to.
But I cant.
If it was just me I would, but this game's bound to haunt me for several months, whether I like it or not.

/quit indefinitely
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3156 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3153, Lycanfire wrote:I think this setup is scumsided. Mulch had a good idea (cause complications in the game state) but he tried too hard to provide solutions at the same time. I take issue at his strategy because it had a clear purpose of saving Wicked (which he did) but ultimately failed any resolution (if anything, I was more sure in my Wicked scumread as a result of Acid/Viomi flipping.)

If something like this was carried put from page one, scum could crush by simply having so many members and too many problems, with too few town tasked to see it through.

Part of the issue is that wolves go 1:1 every phase, and they CANT kill off strong townies at night without a wolf lynch. So if town is just 1-2 good players, they can bus early and kill off the strong voices, but even that leads to risk of increasingly large amounts of spew (if any townies are left alive to sort all that). Imo managing the game flow and who needs to die when is probably a decent wolf challenge here.
Show
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3157 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

It's more that he made the game unplayable for anyone but him and Michael, I thought it was town obnoxiousness
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3158 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 514, Lycanfire wrote:Can Michael and Mulch cool it a bit on the strongarming here.

Regarding lynching acidphoenix, I don't trust your gut. Frankly, re: his response to me, holding out on what a town!acidphoenix may have wanted to do, feeling burned and denying every step of the way is about the closest to the expected behavior I can imagine here, even if I maintain what he was doing was dead in the water before I told him as much. I'm not lynching him today, because he's vaguely town to me without a Wicked flip.

Michael in particular lowly ranks Wicked but keeps him as a peripheral scumread. Why is he not more prominent? I feel like with the two sides of the wagons on Kunkstar and Wicked respectively, if you think one of these is scum, there is an active counterwagon on the other. If you think he's town, he should be no where near the bottom, and how are the wagoners rationalized (). Is this a massive TvT or are you (Michael) revising your reads?

I really dislike how Mulch pretends not to know who Wicked is, ignored my question and has two objectives: control day phase with Michael, secondly, lynch acid. In that order. I feel like if someone is going to be town intentioned, they would at least flip their priorities around. After all, he is supposedly never wrong on acidphoenix, and if we're to trust him on that one, he ought to trust himself.

More to come when I can find motivation...
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3159 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Sakura how u been?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3160 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:21 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

I would have petitioned him get force replaced no matter my alignment or his. His behavior was fucking despicable, even more so if he was using it as a scum tactic.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3161 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:24 am

In post 3153, Lycanfire wrote:I think this setup is scumsided. Mulch had a good idea (cause complications in the game state) but he tried too hard to provide solutions at the same time. I take issue at his strategy because it had a clear purpose of saving Wicked (which he did) but ultimately failed any resolution (if anything, I was more sure in my Wicked scumread as a result of Acid/Viomi flipping.)

The reason this game is so scum-sided is because they have a very clear direction in the game, and enough members to strongarm their plan into action.

I mean, do we need more evidence than that it ended up only 3-2 after such a shitty first 2 days, and one of the last three being blatantly scum?
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3162 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:27 am

Of course, there is the issue that to remove strong town members, you require a scum sacrifice, and giving town a point. Which might balance out the game somewhat.

Honestly, this is my favorite open setup I've ever played, and I feel like, if it were played more often, the games would only get more exciting, which would be awesome. It's been a long time since I felt so determined as I did N2.
“Why was I chosen?'
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3163 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:34 am

Post by fferyllt »

I'd like to see this setup run again. Maybe on an annual or semi-annual basis?

I appreciate lycanfire's feedback about deadlines/modkills, but I wouldn't run a game that went against site meta regarding deadlines.

Anyone have other thoughts about the setup/mechanics?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3164 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:35 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

I really do think you need to punish town for no lynching. Otherwise a town down 2-0 or 2-1 can drag game out indefinitely, or force LYLO if scum kill... and both are obnoxious to scum team.
Show
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3165 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:36 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Think it needed more Simpsons.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3166 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 3164, mhsmith0 wrote:I really do think you need to punish town for no lynching. Otherwise a town down 2-0 or 2-1 can drag game out indefinitely, or force LYLO if scum kill... and both are obnoxious to scum team.
They can't do it indefinitely. Scum are obligated to kill the second time onward and can't the first time.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3167 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:57 am

In post 3166, Cephrir wrote:
In post 3164, mhsmith0 wrote:I really do think you need to punish town for no lynching. Otherwise a town down 2-0 or 2-1 can drag game out indefinitely, or force LYLO if scum kill... and both are obnoxious to scum team.
They can't do it indefinitely. Scum are obligated to kill the second time onward and can't the first time.
Their point was that they could force LyLo to try and "get more information".

Especially in this game where most everyone was on the chopping block in the latter half of the game, an additional town member killed wouldn't have harmed town that much, and to get the final lynch, every town member needed to be in accord anyways, so having 2 people agree is easier than 3.
“Why was I chosen?'
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3168 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:08 am

Post by Cephrir »

I saw the ability to say "we want this to be lylo now" as an interesting tool the setup gives you on purpose.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3169 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:12 am

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

Dunno the game felt way more townsided than scumsided to me.
But I replaced in the middle of day 1 so what do I know.

Doesnt feel like the town needs any extra help to make it LyLo without issue.

/quit indefinitely
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3170 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:13 am

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

I kinda giggled when Ceph called me a true busmaster tho...
Or so I would say if this was back in the day when i was proud of my scumgame, now i hate it.

/quit indefinitely
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3171 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:14 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3165, Cheetory6 wrote:Think it needed more Simpsons.
Simpsons' gif options are pretty much infinite.

Surely there's been a recent Simpson's themed game, though.

Idic
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3172 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

I'm referring to this btw:
In post 2396, Shuichi Saihara wrote:and hell, whoever scum is here obviously is a true busmaster so how the hell do i know what they know about being able to get away with various things

/quit indefinitely
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3173 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:17 am

Post by Cephrir »

you should be proud! i've been living with destroyed meta syndrome for years, it's not so bad
Bartleby the Scrivener
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3174 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:19 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3169, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:Dunno the game felt way more townsided than scumsided to me.
But I replaced in the middle of day 1 so what do I know.

Doesnt feel like the town needs any extra help to make it LyLo without issue.
In this iteration of the game, I think the various decisions to powerbus on day 1/2 really hurt scum. But, I think scum not bussing at all would also highlight the team to some extent. There's a middle path somewhere in all this.

When Nacho and I hydra'd in the second game, Nacho hoped we'd draw scum because he thought the setup was quite winnable and would be a lot of fun.

I was soooooo relieved we drew town.

Idic

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”