GAME OVER

DEADLINE:
WE ARE THE DEAD, LINE

THE WORLD FALLEN UNDER DARKNESS (FULL PLAYERLIST):
Spoiler:
TheFuzzylogic99
Furude Hanyu (Alisae & zachstralkita)
Almost Chara (Almost50 & Not Chara)
Reasonably Rational (Cerberus v666 & Drixx)
Gorkington
Xiao Long
Desperado
drealmerz7
McMenno
sheepsaysmeep

Yume
Havo
Vaxkiller
Titus

A CITY THIS DARKNESS CAN'T HIDE (ALIVE):
Spoiler:
TheFuzzylogic99
Almost Chara (Almost50 & Not Chara)
Reasonably Rational (Cerberus v666 & Drixx)
Gorkington
Xiao Long
Desperado
drealmerz7
Yume
Titus

YOU ARE THE DEAD (DEAD):
Spoiler:
Furude Hanyu (Alisae & zachstralkita) was lynched on Day 1. They were The Reporter, aligned with
The Dead
McMenno was killed on Night 1. McMenno was The Rebel, aligned with
The Dead
Havo was lynched on Day 2. Havo was The Good Doctor, aligned with
The Father of Death.

Vaxkiller was lynched on Day 3. Vaxkiller was The Son of Light, aligned with
The Father of Death

DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON THE CITY (MODKILLED):
Spoiler:
No one, and I aim to keep it that way.

THE COVER UP (GAME EVENTS):
Last edited by Varsoon on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:49 am, edited 25 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

GAME RULES

SPECIAL MECHANICS:

"THE MAN WHO TURNS THE WHEELS, THEY WILL FOLLOW; ANYWHERE HE LEADS"
Spoiler:
In this game, there are three factions confirmed to be a part of the setup.
These factions are
The State
The Dead
, and
The Father of Death
The Dead
is the default uninformed majority faction, typically referred to as 'Town'. The default win-condition of
The Dead
has two possibilities for achieving a win:
The Dead
will win the game if all players that are a part of
The Father of Death
faction are dead and at least six total players of any faction are still alive.
The Dead
will win the game if all players that are a part of
The State
faction are dead and at least two members of
The Dead
faction are still alive.
The Dead
will lose the game if they ever have only one member left alive at any given time.

"WE'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING WE CAN; THERE ARE NO HEROES LEFT IN MAN"
Spoiler:
In order to avoid players from gaming the flavor of this setup, every player will be given a default 'Citizen' Role PM. Members of
The Dead
will not know their true identity until they are dead.
While roles will still have unique mechanical abilities, their unique flavor will not be revealed until being flipped upon death in the game thread.

GENERAL RULES:

Spoiler:
This game is a Blitz game--deadlines are significantly shorter.
As a general rule you should aim for one post every 12 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 24-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – please don't leave us hanging!
Prods of missing players will be issued after 24 hours of no activity. Also, players may request a prod on another player after 12 hours. Any player may be replaced if they fail to post in-thread within 12 hours of being prodded by me. If the game turns to night before you can respond to your prod, PM me letting me know you still want to play.
No prods will be issued during Night.
A player who is eligible for a third prod is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
You may not quote private topic or other out-of-game discussion (such as Hydra chats) in the public game thread, regardless of if the quotes are real or fabricated. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
You can always copy and paste the full content of your own posts (outside of moderator communication) so long as it does not contain any links to where it came from or any timestamps.
You may only ever paraphrase posts made in private topics by other players and this is also subject to the same link/timestamp restriction.
There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings and approved QTs. If someone contacts you outside the game you should report it to me immediately.

DURING THE DAY:

Spoiler:
Each Day will have a 72 hour deadline. Extensions will be given only in extreme circumstances, but always feel free to ask.
Day Actions resolve as soon as I am capable of resolving them.
If you submit a day action publicly or privately but you do not want the action to take effect, you must PM me about the action cancellation as soon as you submit the action. If another player makes a post between when you submit the action and when you PM me about cancellation, I will not be able to cancel your day action.
If you have a Day Action that you may submit privately, I will allow you to 'queue' the action to resolve on a trigger such as "When the Day begins" or "If I ever am voted for."
If multiple Day Actions are queued to be resolved on the same trigger, I will resolve them according to NAR rules.
If you do not know when your action resolves in NAR, feel free to ask me.
A simple majority of votes relative to the number of living players is required for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
If the deadline runs out before a majority lynch is agreed on, the player with the most votes will be lynched.
In the case of a tie in votes, the most recently voted player is lynched.
In the case that the deadline runs out and no votes have been cast, I will force a lynch on a town player.
Players may not vote for a No-Lynch.
Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate.
Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.
Once you are dead (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post.
Votes should be bolded or tagged or they may not be counted (e.g.
VOTE:
Player or VOTE: Player).
Vote revocations should be bolded or tagged or they may not be counted (e.g.
UNVOTE:
Player or UNVOTE: Player). Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
Votes/Unvotes must be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see.
Votes/Unvotes that reasonably follow the guidelines specified above, and are unambiguous with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations, will count.
If you cast a Vote, doing so will remove all previous votes indicated with your name before the new vote is cast--in this way, a player who has a role-related ability to double vote will essentially 'unvote' before casting their new vote, rather than having a lingering double vote.
Your normal vote is a 'voting action' that is only affected by other actions that specifically interact with your vote.
In the case of specific votes (such as an ability that may put a vote called [Extra Vote] on a player), you must use specific tags to submit these votes AND to remove them if you want to unvote with just that [Extra Vote].
If you unvote, you will remove all votes that are clearly controlled by you in the votecount. Unvoting will not remove votes that can not be removed or votes that can only be submitted privately.
Vote counts will be edited into the first post of each page (so long as I can keep up, yo). Other announcements and requested vote counts will receive their own post.
All powers that affect votes (such as adding extra votes or causing a player to require less votes to lynch) do not work in LYLO/MYLO.
In this way, no single player slot may be the single voting slot on the lynch that decides the game.
Furthermore, no single player slot can single-handedly lynch a player--at least two players must be voting any lynched player.
Finally, multiple players may never be lynched. If an ability causes multiple players to reach the lynch threshold, the next vote cast on one of those players will hammer them.

DURING THE NIGHT:

Spoiler:
Night will have a 24-hour deadline. Extensions will not be given, unless a player has to be replaced during the Night.
If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
If you expect not to be here to submit your night action during the night, you may send one in in advance.
I resolve Night Actions according to Natural Action Resolution as outlined by the Mafiascum Wiki.
If you do not know when your action resolves in NAR, feel free to ask me.
Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).

MISCELLANEOUS:

Spoiler:
Any and all anti-town factions in this game have day-chat.
Please bold all requests to myself so that they don’t get missed.
Do not use standard MafiaScum purple (#800080). This is my color. All other colors are fine.

No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed (if you can't read it, don't post it).
You are not allowed to edit your posts, if you have the ability to do so.
If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM me privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
If you do not understand how your role functions, feel free to PM me.
If you want to chat about The Protomen or other Megaman-inspired rock, you can PM me about that, too.
I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill, as the Mod sees fit. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night and the offender’s role will be changed to Neutral Survivor, which guarantees a loss.
- Just know, it's all about intention. If you genuinely mess up, I'll try to cut you some slack. If I determine you're trying to compromise the integrity of the game though, you won't be too happy with the punishment.
Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to my discretion and will be handled as I see fit on a case-by-case basis.
I reserve the right to modify these rules at any time, so long as I inform you in thread.

THE GOLDEN RULE:

Spoiler:
Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!
I created Protomen Mafia to bring people together and celebrate music that I love, but, ultimately, to have fun time on site.
Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other! Be cool.

SAMPLE ROLEPM:

Spoiler:
Citizen
We are the Dead
You are aligned with the Town Faction,
The Dead
He could not save himself; how could he save us?

Your role PM is the sample role PM, and this is a sample ability.
This role PM will be revealed as a part of the opening posts of the game.

Don't turn your back on the city

You are aligned with
The Dead
You will win the game if all players that are a part of
The Father of Death
faction are dead and at least six total players of any faction are still alive.
You will win the game if all players that are a part of
The State
faction are dead and at least two members of
The Dead
faction are still alive.
You will lose the game if
The Dead
are reduced to a single living player.
Last edited by Varsoon on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:15 am

Post by Varsoon »

In an abandoned warehouse, dozens gather in front of a dimly lit stage. A tall entity clambers out of the shadows and holds a microphone to its metallic face. A serious voice echoes from the machine, filling the hall, "Good Evening, Coney Island." At this, the crowd howls in acknowledgement, cheering on their mechanical speaker in denim overalls. Eventually, the applause lowers to a murmur, and once silence fills the space, the machine's voice returns, baritone and dark, "You know that we’re only here for one reason, and it ain’t face-melting rock’n’roll. Tonight, we come here to do battle. We’re here to fight tonight, Coney Island, and we’re not gonna go at it alone. Coney Island, will you fight with us this night?” More cheers, a sea of raised fists, yells resolving into a chant of the machine's name--Kilroy. He continues: “Coney Island, once again, will you fight with us?” The crowd explodes, again, louder.

Kilroy nods gravely, extends his arms like a preacher. “Your response is compliant,” he tells the crowd, robot-serious. And then: “We are your salvation. We are your hope. We are — the Protomen.”

No one was left who could remember how it had happened,
How the world had fallen under darkness.
At least no one who would do anything.
No one who would oppose the robots.
No one who would challenge their power,
Or so Dr. Wily believed...

Twenty floors above the dark streets of the city, Dr. Light lived in a run-down tenement.
An eccentric and brilliant man.
Light was a loner, a thinker, a man of ideas.
Ideas forbidden in Wily's society.
The society for which he worked.
The society in which he lived.
The society that he would set free.
And so Light worked, far into the night, when the watchful eyes of Wily's robots weren't upon him.
He'd set his skillful hands to the task of creating a device to bring about a change, to create a machine to bring freedom, to create a man to save the world.
Twelve years Light worked and on a cold night in the year 200X, Protoman was born.
A perfect man, an unbeatable machine, hell-bent on destroying every evil standing between man and freedom, built for one purpose, to destroy Wily's army of evil robots. Ready, willing, prepared to fight.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

Lightning crashed through the night sky, illuminating the sleeping city. The glow of a particular high-rise was snuffed out, power shorted, leaving its residents unable to go about their lives.
While most initially blamed the accident on nature, the truth came to surface--it was one of robots that did this, one of the so-called enforcers of the City's order. This discovery wasn't by chance, either. The remains of Elec Man were found strewn about the outside of the building, left there as a reminder that it was the Man in the Tower who controlled this city, who decided which people were worth contributing to society and who were best off without a voice.

The people stirred--who had done this? Why would anyone defy the robot masters? Didn't they know that it would only bring more troubles? And yet, some in the city saw this as a sign--not that the robot masters were oppressing the citizens; but that they could be defeated.

During Night 0, Elec Man rendered a block of the city without power.
Due to this, Almost Chara is unable to vote for the remainder of Day 1.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

In the News That Day:
"In the unfolding future coming fast, truth will be in the balance, trust it and prevail."
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

"Last night I dreamed I climbed to the top of a mountain of metal and for miles I could see the destruction of man.
I will not be the father of death."
-Thomas Light

VOTECOUNT 1.0

Not Voting (13):
TheFuzzylogic99, Furude Hanyu, Almost Chara, Reasonably Rational, Gorkington, Xiao Long, Desperado, drealmerz7, sheepsaysmeep, Yume, Havo, Vaxkiller, Titus

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to Lynch.
Deadline
:(expired on 2017-11-06 23:00:00)
Elec Man has rendered Almost Chara voteless
Last edited by Varsoon on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:05 am

Post by Gorkington »

if you vote for me
youre in big trouble
trash
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:06 am

Post by Yume »

@Titus @Nebby

What is your lucky word:

Nebraska?
Blueberries?
Pomegranate?
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:10 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

let's get BLITZED
balance among all things
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:18 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 6, Gorkington wrote:if you vote for me
youre in big trouble
i wanted to vote you for this, then i read the mod post. :<

hello everyone!
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:20 am

Post by Gorkington »

vote: almost chara
trash
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:21 am

Post by Xiao Long »

youre in big trouble
This sounds like something a dad would say.
You some kind of father?

vote: gorkington
"The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent."
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:21 am

Post by Gorkington »

GRRRRRRRRR
YOURE BOTH IN A LOT OF TROUBLE NOW
trash
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:27 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

VOTE: gorking
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:39 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 12, Gorkington wrote:GRRRRRRRRR
YOURE BOTH IN A LOT OF TROUBLE NOW
i don't need any more dads, thank you.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:48 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 9, Almost Chara wrote:
youre in big trouble
i wanted to vote you for this, then i read the mod post. :<

hello everyone!
~Chara
hmmm, I've read the modposts but not sure what the significance / relation here is, can you explain?

and then I went back and read to see if I missed something, am I missing something?
balance among all things
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Havo »

“Dr. David, telephone please. Dr. David
Dr. Blair, Dr. Blair, Dr. J. Hamilton, Dr. J Hamilton

All alone now
Except for the memories”
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Titus »

I'll be here tonight. Let's try to keep the spammy stuff to a minimum.

Shame I don't have a 5 person head start this game.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Yume »

In post 7, Yume wrote:@Titus @Nebby

What is your lucky word:

Nebraska?
Blueberries?
Pomegranate?
Show

Mah best game

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

there have been 10 posts since you posted that, yume, and we're on the same page

reposting it is stupid
balance among all things
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:12 pm

Post by Yume »

You don't remember the strategy table? *sad*

p-edit: She obviously hadn't seen it, hence I am reposting.
Show

Mah best game

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

she said she'd get to the thread tonight, so whether she saw it or not, read it or not, clearly you reposting it makes no sense
balance among all things
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

it was one post, no need for an argument.
and we're voteless today, dreal.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by Yume »

Se said there are spammy posts too, and mine wasn't, so she hadn't seen it.
Show

Mah best game

Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades