Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by Wormhole »

I'll post where I'm currently at, then I'll respond to FishyTheFish's responses to me.

Firebringer and Chickadee are obviously town and Smocaine is both of our strongest purely play-based townread. Regarding Dunker and Wheme, I think Wheme is town. I think the way he claimed is towny and I don't think he would either tie himself to a partner or go out of his way to derail a mislynch on a town-Dunker. As for Dunker himself, I think he's more likely town than not. I haven't actually ruled out the possibility that he could be a scum tracker/watcher with a motion detector fake-claim or if one of his buddies have a role which gives them such information (Drealmerz would be the obvious candidate). But I think it's more likely than not (>50%) that Dunker is just town here. That leaves our scumpool among McMenno/Gorkington/FishyTheFish and Drealmerz. Personally, I think Drealmerz is the most likely of the group to flip scum. Tracker and 2-shot JK together seem like unlikely roles. Tracker and motion detector together seem like unlikely roles. I don't like the way Drealmerz claimed. I don't think he's done anything significantly town-motivated in the entirety of the game so far. My thoughts on McMenno mirror skitter's pretty much. I don't have a read either way. I'm actually leaning more towards town than not for Gorkington because I don't see him being scum with any of our other suspects. He has an early push on Drealmerz, he started a McMenno wagon when he didn't have to and Fish came strongly out of the gate attacking him. I wish I had a more concrete reason to townread him though.

Summary
(just BlackVoid-reads)

Chickadee
Firebringer

Smocaine
Whemestar

Dunkerdoodles
Gorkington

FishyTheFish/McMenno

Drealmerz
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:08 pm

Post by Smocaine »

I stand corrected on dreal 2 shot lol
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

My activity from here on is going to drop off; I'm much busier IRL starting today. The hectic catch-up phase is over, so that should be fine. I'll still have a decent chunk of time for this game almost every day, and don't expect to fall behind.
In post 1102, WhemeStar wrote:Hey fish your wrong

If dunker is scum he isn't a scum motion detector
In post 1103, WhemeStar wrote:If I target scum I get their fakeclaim
Yeah, but does your role rule out:
1) Dunk is a scum motion detector
2) His fakeclaim is town motion detector
Because I just don't see why you'd give any other fakeclaim to a role which could totally be town or scum.

I mean, if Wheme's role really does confirm dunk as town, it seems to me that every role which is verifiable and NAI would need to be town as well. Take dreal for example - no way is the mod giving a scum tracker a fakeclaim other than tracker; that would be super strange and they wouldn't use it. Are we saying that means dreal has to be town?
Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Post by Wormhole »

@FishyTheFish, I don't want to quote so much text but this is a response to your read on Drealmerz which you talked about in .

You said that Drealmerz took more of a backseat in his scumgame. In this game, he's barely posted anything at all. After the initial push on Creature (which didn't last very long and was actually pretty bad since it centered around Creature claiming miller), he faded out. He was reasonably active when he initially got wagoned but after the wagon dissipated, he didn't post much. This is really odd behavior because he said in that he's a good wagon because he generates a lot of content when wagoned. But he never followed through with any of his insights and was content to hang back when the wagon went away. In the interim, he voted Smocaine because he didn't understand something Smocaine said, said he was "totally down" for a McMenno lynch when Firebringer voted McMenno, and then wanted to lynch ETL-slot because she wanted to be replaced. Then he votes Fenraiser and Fykus. When he got wagoned again, he claimed tracker and told people to fuck off of him.

I don't see how he's done anything this game
but
take a backseat. He wanted Creature dead for the miller claim which is really bad reasoning and the early wallposts (I can at least buy this as a "tone" read). He wanted Smocaine dead because he didn't understand something Smocaine said Smocaine called out his Creature vote as bad. He wanted ETL lynched because ETL requested replacement. He voted Fenraiser because "let's just kill something." He voted Fykus because "deadline." I don't see him at any point putting himself out there and actually scumhunting. None of those reasons are anything close to well-thought-out.

His D2 push on Firebringer isn't any better. Me and skitter are still discussing this point because she thought Drealmerz wouldn't attack Firebringer as scum. Personally, I think it was just a crappy push that makes no sense as town either and probably done so that he could get some "scum-wouldn't-do-that" points and the PGO argument is a stretch. For all his talk about how people need to be scumhunting, he's done so little of it.

I have a super hard time seeing where you (Fishy) are coming from saying that Drealmerz takes a backseat as scum but isn't doing so here. You said his early play was aggressive. Sure, I agree but it's such a small sample of one or two real life days compared with the entire game so far.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

^ I'll respond to this more fully later, but the difference I saw is in how confrontational dreal is, doing things like very directly accusing people of being scum - not in levels of scumhunting.

But I'll reread this; because it was definitely something that struck me very strongly early on, and I'm not 100% sure how well it persists later on.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:51 pm

Post by Smocaine »

VOTE: Dreal I hear Drealbux are on the rise again.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:54 pm

Post by Smocaine »

I don't quite see why a scum tracker can't have a fakeclaim of a different role :shifty:
Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:44 am

Post by Wormhole »

In post 1130, Fishythefish wrote:^ I'll respond to this more fully later, but the difference I saw is in how confrontational dreal is, doing things like very directly accusing people of being scum - not in levels of scumhunting.

But I'll reread this; because it was definitely something that struck me very strongly early on, and I'm not 100% sure how well it persists later on.
This is his ISO in the game you are talking about and I didn't notice any significant difference in how confrontational he is or felt that his accusations were more direct here than there. More specifics would help.

-BV
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:13 am

Post by Gorkington »

@bv, it kind of feels like other than smocaine, 90% of the reasoning for your reads is role-based.
is there a reason that it feels like youre kind of copping out on reading me/fish/dunk based on our play?
because i feel like my recent play should be especially readable and it seems like nobody has any kind of opinion on it. i keep getting the impression that people are dismissing me into null or POE scum because "oh his scumgame might be good" when i feel like thats really weak (and my scumgame isnt really all that good).
also dont really understand why the possibility of dunk being scum motion detector with a town motion detector claim isnt on the table for you as a possibility?
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:14 am

Post by Gorkington »

also also, if youve gone into significant detail on drealm scum before, can you point it out to me?
all im really getting from this last big post was that you dont like his claim (and some words on why you dont like it might be nice) and that you think his play is underwhelming.
trash
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 am

Post by Firebringer »

This is day one all over again
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:57 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 1136, Firebringer wrote:This is day one all over again
fire, if theres no role reasons to think that dunker is town, would you be scumreading him more than mcmenno right now?
worm wrote:He has an early push on Drealmerz
this also never really happened ftr. @bv
trash
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:11 am

Post by Firebringer »

Yes
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Gorkington »

do you think its possible that dunk is a scum motion detector with a motion detector fakeclaim?
trash
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:14 am

Post by Firebringer »

Wheme role contradicts that idea
Show

Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Gorkington »

would it though?
if dunk's fakeclaim is the same as his role, then he would still show up as motion detector to wheme
trash
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:17 am

Post by Firebringer »

I guess
Show

Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:20 am

Post by Gorkington »

@wheme
, can you ask the mod whether it would be possible for scum to have the same fakeclaim as what their actual role is?
hoping he'll answer given that its kind of pertinent to your role.
trash
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Chickadee »

It's entirely possible. However, I think last scum is in Dreal and McMenno. I want to lynch in there today.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:27 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 1135, Gorkington wrote:also also, if youve gone into significant detail on drealm scum before, can you point it out to me?
all im really getting from this last big post was that you dont like his claim (and some words on why you dont like it might be nice) and that you think his play is underwhelming.
mfw its literally on this page.
i shouldnt post when im tired.
forget i asked this @bv.
trash
Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:54 am

Post by Wormhole »

I did just go into as much detail as I could and I talked about why I don't like his claim so I don't really know what you are looking for? How about this: why don't
you
go into significant detail on your Drealmerz read and then we'll talk. I'll respond to other stuff when I'm fully awake.

-BV
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Can we lynch mcmemester now?
Show

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:08 pm

Post by Chickadee »

I'd be fine with that.

VOTE: McMenno
Instagram: BoneSpellArts