Mini 1975: A Village in the Woods (Game Over!)

Fern
Fern
Goon
Fern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:49 am

Post by Fern »

Actually
I think the SK is either you or dreal who is just investigation immune.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:49 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Though surely I'd just post in the thread that UC hadn't broken game rules (8), hence was fakeclaiming? Anyone would then also have to pm Soc to check.
Fern
Fern
Goon
Fern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:54 am

Post by Fern »

meh its a shitty thing to do but if you're town I'm not going to lynch you
VOTE: dreal
probs the sk tbh
Fern
Fern
Goon
Fern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:55 am

Post by Fern »

In post 971, drealmerz7 wrote:to elaborate where I WAS at with you, ghostly, was yes, a nullish read with some scumish pings and seeing you as a decent lynch as far as information goes and a few +s for scum-potentiality

I much prefer other lynches, at this point my order is

raya
mutant
UCV
ibuki
lolyeah its dreal
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:56 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Can you explain why you think it's shitty in this scenario?
Fern
Fern
Goon
Fern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:58 am

Post by Fern »

Nah
I don't think you're getting it so the conversation is just not worth having if you don't think what you're doing is wrong.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:04 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1200, Fern wrote:Actually
In post 1202, Fern wrote:meh its a shitty thing to do but if you're town I'm not going to lynch you
VOTE: dreal
probs the sk tbh
Investigation immune as in the tool that bins gave me which told me dreal is aligned with the town didn't work?

Dreal is confirmed town to me based on that tbh.
I mostly just lurk now.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:05 am

Post by Hopkirk »

As in a godfather who comes up as innocent to investigations.
Fern
Fern
Goon
Fern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:05 am

Post by Fern »

In post 1207, Hopkirk wrote:As in a godfather who comes up as innocent to investigations.
this
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:17 am

Post by mutantdevle »

I'm not so sure I could see a godfather SK. But eh, I guess anything is possible this game.
I mostly just lurk now.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:23 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I don't really see why Dreal would be a godfather SK though. The only other cop seems to be Bins' one-shot device, so it'd be pretty useless unless it was say GF/Ninja together. Even then, the GF part seems weird.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

ucv isn't hammered yet
what a shame
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Socrates »

I apologize to Hopkirk for having to alert me to this happening; it is my responsibility to notice things like this. Directly quoting portions of a role PM is still directly quoting. After agonizing about it for a bit, I have decided that is a clear violation of Rule 8:
8) Do not, at any time, directly quote any sort of private messages between yourself and the Mod. Violation of this rule will result in immediate modkill.
Remember that, at bare minimum, you can always run something by the mod before you post it.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Socrates »

As the remaining villagers quibble, a bolt of lightning suddenly flashes across the sky directly onto
UC Voyager's
head.

The flash is blinding, and it takes a moment of recovery to notice that it has become darker. Looking up, the sun has disappeared from the sky, replaced with the familiar twinkling of the starry night.

UC Voyager,
Ninja/Tracker aligned with the Blade
, has been Modkilled.

It is now Night 3. Submit all night actions within (expired on 2018-01-25 17:00:00).
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:27 pm

Post by Socrates »

In the midst of the night, no one the wiser, a lucky onlooker might have spied Fern walking up to the altar, his hands bearing a twisted, jagged blade.

He stands for a moment, before finally giving off a quiet "Meh."

He raises the blade above his head and stabs it into the body of the altar, which gives way as though it were butter.

A torrent of purple smoke erupts from the altar, immediately enveloping its assailant and fleeing into the night sky. The howl of the wind stirs the town, who come out of their houses to see the tornado gradually lose ferocity, simmering down to a thick cloud.

The last remnants of the cloud disperse, revealing an empty dais indistinguishable from its appearance just a short while ago.

Ultimately, no trace of what had transpired could be found aside from the dead, and they had little to say. Mundane life returns; nothing to do but carry on.

Fern,
TRUTH
, has conceded the game!

Mutantdevle,
The Gardner
, survives!
Hopkirk,
Alternate Night Bodyguard
, survives!
Drealmerz7,
Smorlock Polmes
, survives!
Ghostly Penguin,
Wendy
, survives!
Dunkerdoodles,
Watcher
, survives!

Town Wins!

Full setup and night actions to come.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by Bins »

smorlock lol
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Fern
Fern
Goon
Fern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Fern »

>No SK
>Nobody claims the kills.
Good Meme
Fern
Fern
Goon
Fern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Fern »

I think I realized once I got the doc that I shot myself in the food.
Meh I didn't care that much, I blame UCV tbh.
Good Flavor tho :)
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Socrates »

Mod Dump

--

Role list:
In post 2, Socrates wrote:Role PMs:
TRUST wrote:It has been quite some time since you last walked the earth. The world has seemingly changed much on the surface, but to your Eyes, its inhabitants were the same as ever. The bickering. The fighting. The lies and hate. And often, if they could just See past the words and into each other’s hearts, as you could, these people truly wanted the same thing. So many of those you watch over seemed to only live in a world filled with enemies. And, worse, on some level you were able to See that many wanted it this way.
But sometimes, ever so rarely, amongst all this pettiness, something would click. A well placed word, a slight shift in perspective, a simple facial expression. And then everything would fall away and for but a brief moment the two parties would See each other as you do. And in that moment, a bond would form more brilliant than all the stars in the sky.
It is from these bonds that you drew your form. It is what gave you identity. It was what defined you and your place is this world.

You are
TRUST

But something has changed. Something dark has been born. A being that is not just a threat to the humans that you watch over, but to you. A small village, deep in the forest. Isolated now, but for how long?

A haze has formed over this village, obscuring your Sight. Even approaching this haze seems to drain you, and what power you have flows around the haze, as though it was a stone in a river. You cannot ignore this. Something must be done.

Your powers suppressed, you have taken on the form a human and ventured into the town. Others who look at you see nothing more than an ordinary traveler passing through.
The inhabitants regard you warily, as to be expected of a stranger. Hospitality is respected; smiles and greetings exchanged. But the Eyes hesitate. The Eyes question. Who are they? Why are they here? Are they a threat? You knew this coming in.
TRUST
is earned slowly, built from fragile pieces.
But as you spent time in the town, you realized that it wasn’t just you. The Eyes hesitated at everyone, between everyone. The people of this town looked at each other not just with suspicion, but fear. Friends, colleagues, even family. This was not natural. This was not right.

Then the first to die was discovered, and the true chaos began.

As
TRUST
, you are driven by the need to believe in and have faith in others, and you must practice what you preach. Each night, you lose your physical form and must choose another member of the village to endow with your being. You do not know how this power will affect them, nor how they will use it, but this act is necessary for your continued existence. It is your identity.
*Has hider powers: Cannot be targeted directly, but if their target dies, so do they.
*Has varying effects that can be either beneficial or negative to their target, depending on the player selected. See individual role PM’s for effect.
*Will die if targeting player wielding the sword. Other members of the mafia will be roleblocked and any sword corruption alleviated.
*If targets TRUTH (or in the one corner case where TRUTH can successfully target TRUST), a *LOUD* game event occurs where both roles simultaneously target every player in the game. This includes both the wielder of the blade and the blade’s target, so this will kill TRUST.

-----
TRUTH wrote:It has been quite some time since you last walked the earth. The world has seemingly changed much on the surface, but to your Eyes, its inhabitants were the same as ever. The bickering. The fighting. The lies and hate. And often, if they could just See past the words and into each other’s hearts, as you could, these people truly wanted the same thing. So many of those you watch over seemed to only live in a world filled with enemies. And, worse, on some level you were able to See that many wanted it this way.
They would shelter their Eyes from wisdom in order to hold onto their tiny grudges. They chose their identity, chose their opposition, and that was all they needed. They didn’t think; they didn’t need to think. They didn’t grow; they had already grown. They were the heroes; the others were the villains. It was objective. Flaws in their peers were dismissed as simple missteps, while those same flaws perceived in their villains were held up as proof of their evil. There was no true Thought. No true dialog. Arguments fomented between parties that didn’t even understand what the argument was about. They just knew that the heroes wanted this, and the villains wanted that. No search for greater wisdom.

You are
TRUTH
, and you tire of this world.

Something has drawn you to this place. Something resonant. A small village, deep in the forest. Isolated.

Suppressing your powers, you have taken on the form of an ordinary human and ventured into this town. Others who look at you see nothing more than an ordinary traveler passing through.
The inhabitants regard you warily, as to be expected of a stranger. Hospitality is respected, smiles and greetings exchanged. But the Eyes hesitate. The Eyes question. Who are they? Why are they here? Are they a threat? You knew this coming in. Humans are Blind, and as such, they cannot perceive the
TRUTH
of others.

Such a shame. The villagers here seemed no better than the rest. But you were not drawn to this village by mere whimsy.

As you stayed in the village, coming into greater contact with the locals, two in particular stuck out to you:
PLAYER 1
and
PLAYER 2
. You sensed a similar aura of disenchantment from them, and perhaps that is why you were drawn to them. Or perhaps they drawn to you. The three of you became fast friends, and would often spend your days wandering the woods, conversing about any great number of topics.

It was on one of these walks that you came upon the altar. You don’t remember this clearing in the woods being here before, and you are sure you have walked this same path before. Nevertheless, here it was: A sudden break in the trees, the center of which stood an old, weathered altar.

Laid upon this altar you discover the body of the village mayor, Socrates, impaled by a great, jagged blade.

The blade, held aloft by its human sheath, stands tall above you, exuding an overwhelming sense of
presence
. A presence which, when trying grasp at, your mind can only find the word
PURPLE
. It hurts your Eyes to even look at, your Sight blurring to everything around it. Nothing has ever eluded you so. It is alien. It is abominable.

It is magnificent.

COME

You watch as
Player 1
draws the blade, and know that doing so was a beginning. A momentous beginning. One that will direct the course of all that comes after.

Each night, you must choose an inhabitant to turn your gaze upon. You will See into their soul; their true self laid bare before you. Beware, though, that to touch is to be touched, and those you choose will experience a brief moment of
TRUTH
within themselves. What this means and how it will manifest itself, you do not know, but if you are not personally wielding the blade, you must do this every night. It is who you are. It is your Identity.

You win when the blade is all that is left, or nothing can prevent the same.
*Receives the full role PM of their target
including all mod notes
, breaking the fourth wall.
*Players targeted by TRUTH will receive a message expanding the flavor of their role, even players with no initial flavor. The game relevance of this message will vary from player to player, ranging from nothing at all to a complete role change.
*if TRUTH targets another member of the mafia, they will learn that the blade is killing them.

-----
Mafia Ninja/Tracker wrote:Living in this backwoods village is the pits. All the people here are miserable little trolls with petty thoughts and even pettier feelings. At least there are fewer of them here than in the big city. At first you thought yourself just shy, but as you have grown you have come to realize that you flat out do not like the people around you. You have studied them and watched them, and every single person has some little something that repels you. Some hide it better than others, but the darkness of the human heart never fails to rear its ugly head.
There are two people whom you call friend, though: [PLAYER A] and [PLAYER B]. They seem to share your frustration and sense of alienation (particularly [PLAYER A]), and it has become routine for the three of you to wander the forest surrounding the village together, talking and enjoying each other’s company in a way you rarely have ever felt before.

It was on one of these walks that you came upon the altar. You don’t remember this clearing in the woods being here before, and you are sure you have walked this same path many times. Nevertheless, there it was: A sudden break in the trees, the center of which stood an old, weathered altar.

Laying on this altar you discover the body of the village mayor, Socrates, impaled by a great, jagged blade.

The blade, held aloft by its human sheath, stands tall above you, exuding an overwhelming sense of
presence
. A presence which, when trying grasp at, your mind can only find the word
PURPLE
. You’re not sure why.

You find yourself standing before the blade, having approached without even realizing.

COME

You draw the blade.

Before destiny beckoned, you had lived primarily as a hunter, a profession that requires two skills: To see, and to not be seen. Applying these talents to humans has proven easier than you initially thought. People aren’t as skittish as the deer, mobile as the bird, elusive as the rabbit.

While wielding the blade, it is almost trivial for you to eliminate your target without witnesses.

While another is wielding the blade, you can turn your talents towards observing the movements of the other villagers. You may select another villager and learn where they travel that night.

You win when the blade has been satisfied or nothing can prevent the same.
---
Mafia Roleblocker wrote:You are a
Roleblocker aligned with the blade

Each night, you may target another player and prevent them from performing any action that night.

You win when all who oppose the blade have been vanquished, or nothing can prevent the same.
---
Smorlock Polmes wrote:Living in this backwoods village is the pits. All the people here are miserable little trolls with petty thoughts and even pettier feelings. At least there are fewer of them here than in the big city. At first you thought yourself just shy, but as you have grown you have come to realize that you flat out do not like the people around you. You have studied them and watched them, and every single person has some little something that repels you. Some hide it better than others, but the darkness of the human heart never fails to rear its ugly head.
You spent some time as a detective, thinking maybe to do your part to better the world, but all it did was lay bare the baseness of humanity. Eventually you left the big city behind and came to this village to get away from it all. A ‘simpler life’, as they say.

And now there’s this murdering business. The bastard probably deserved it, but you have been called upon to use your detecting skills to help find the culprits. The people of this town might be scum, but a job’s a job.

Each night you may choose one suspect to investigate and determine their guilt.

You win with the town.
*Mod note: heavily implied to be a Paranoid Cop, is actually Insane.
*Mod note: if targeted by TRUST, will become sane for that night.
*Mod note: if targeted by TRUTH, will have sanity further implied by flavor

---
Smorlock's Cousin wrote:When your cousin Smorlock quit the police force and moved in with you — “to get away from all the people,” they said — it sounded like a good idea at the time. A fun adventure! They surely had many wonderful stories to tell about life in the big city.

But it turns out when they said they wanted to get away from “all the people,” they meant ALL people. You interacted on the day they moved in, but since then, they’ve been like some kind of weird ghost. You rarely see them coming or going from the house, you never talk, and you have no idea what they even do all day! You wonder if you could even recognize their face in a lineup. It’s getting kind of worrisome, frankly.

At least you get to split the rent.

Once, you may attempt to follow Smorlock for an evening. You’ve not the sneaky sort and have never done this kind of thing before, so you’re not sure how it will go.

You win with the town.
*learns Smorlock’s identity, but roleblocks them for that night.
*if targeted by TRUST, will learn Smorlock’s alignment.
*if targeted by TRUTH, will learn that something is wrong with Smorlock, but not exactly what.

---
The Gardener wrote:What value is there in a human life, truly?

The answer is simple: none.

We are but a collection of elemental particles that have assembled into a machine that happens to be aware of it’s own existence. There is no inherent value to this. The value in a person comes from that which comes from them. What they create. What they contribute to the world around them. If they do nothing, they are nothing. If they are destructive, then they are worse than nothing. They are subtractive. And to subtract a subtraction is to add.
It is simple fact that there exist people who, if they simply stopped existing, would benefit the world.
And that is the way in which you have decided to add. You will take on the role of the Gardener. You will pluck the weeds from this world, so that the rest of the garden may flourish.

“What right have you?” the idiots ask.

The answer is again simple: none.

Rights are but a man-made illusion, and if you simply see these phantasmal bonds for what they are, then they simply dissolve. You are an actor, and you choose to act as you will. And you are good enough. Smart enough. And one mistake does not an evil make.

Each night, you may choose a weed to pluck from your garden.

You win when these all the weeds in your garden have been removed.
*if targeted by TRUST, will fail to kill their target.
*No mechanical effect from TRUTH, only flavor.
*Win condition is deliberately worded confusingly, sounding like they *might* be a serial killer. They do, in fact, win with the town.

---
Johan the Powerless wrote:“A special snowflake.”

That is what they kept telling you.

“Everyone has something to contribute.”
“Everyone has something unique to them, something that makes them special.”

As a child these were the words that they told. Then you got to College.

“Nobody knows what they want to do at first.”
“It just takes time to find your passion.”
“Just stick with it, and it will come to you.”

And now here you are, an adult.

“You have to do
something!

That is all you hear them say now.

Yet it never came. That supposed specialness. That supposed talent. That supposed passion. And as time went on, you feel like you Saw it come true of your peers. They all found some career. Some love. Some sense of purpose. They all
were
special in some way. You can See it. But not you.
You feel almost alien in this world. You are drawn to do nothing. To say nothing. To no purpose. To no people. You mean well, of course. You have no desire to hurt anyone or anything. You almost wish you did, because at least it would give you an identity.

And now the murders have started, and you are helpless to contribute. Everyone is being called upon to do what they can to help, and you participate with the search during the day. But there is little you can add than your voice and your thoughts. You can tell that everyone else is doing their best find the culprit, but each night all you can do is lay in your bed, staring at the ceiling.

Your name is Johan, and your are powerless.

You win when the culprits have been found.
*Mod note: Investigates as VOID to TRUTH.
*Mod note: if targeted by TRUST, the effect is nullified and no action occurs. This is the only time TRUST can be killed directly.

---
Watcher wrote:You are a
Watcher, aligned with the village

Each night, you may target a player and learn which other players have also targeted them, if any.

You win when the village is safe once more.
*No mechanical benefit from TRUST, TRUST merely hides successfully
*Will gain name and backstory from TRUTH

---
Alternate Night Bodyguard wrote:You hate all this killing, but what can you do? You have few skills, and none of them apply to this problem. Anyone else would be more valuable than you. All you have it this worthless body.

Thats it! You can use your physical self to protect others. That would be valuable. That would give your life meaning.

At night, you may target another player to attempt to protect.

But what a scary thought. Just throwing yourself out there.
Gathering the courage to do this will be draining

You win with the town.
*Flavor deliberately overlaps with Johan.
*If Targeted by TRUST, TRUST will die in their place.
*If Targeted by TRUTH, will realize that they abhor all killing, and the one they protect is no exception. Their role changes to the following:
Martyr: May target another player, and all killing actions performed by AND targeted at that player will be redirected to the Martyr
---
Job Hunter wrote:This village has been your home for your entire life. You were born here, you were raised here, and goddammit, you’re going to live here. But there is one thing you aren’t going to do here: work.
Hard times have fallen on your home as of late, and there just aren’t enough jobs to go around. Your savings are drying up, and your friends and family are struggling to keep you afloat. It’s time for you start looking elsewhere.
And now there’s the murders. You want to help put a stop to these horrific acts, but time is running out for you, and you must split your time between helping out and finding a way to support yourself.

Each night, you must travel to another location looking for work. You have three choices on where to start your job hunt:

The Neighboring Village
Your Uncle’s Farm
The Big City

You want the town to win
*Mod notes:
No effect for going to Uncle’s Farm (no work there)
1-night commute for going to the Village (long trip, no work)
Tree stumped for going to the City (Finds work, cannot return home)
After the first night, becomes hated. (notified)

If targeted by TRUTH, will decide that staying in the home he loves is more important than finding work.
If targeted by TRUST, will find work at all three locations. (TRUST has priority over the commute)

---
Wendy wrote:Gawd, everyone in this town is such a freaking downer. They’re all so serious, so somber, that they strangle the joy out of the world with their mere presence. There can be enough beauty in but a single flower to satisfy, if they simply took a moment to truly look at it. To study its details, feel its textures, smell its scents. But they won’t do it! GAWD!

And that was
before
the murders started.

Well, you are just going to have to start doing something about this. “Be the change you want in the world,” said that one guy. The famous one. Had an eating disorder or something? Whatever.

Each night, you are going to start surprising your neighbors with a batch of your special cookies to brighten their day! What makes your cookies so special? Why, they are made with your secret special ingredient, of course! And what is that ingredient? Joy! Gawd, the look on their faces… It’s going to be great!

You win with the town.
*note: Will learn if a player has left their house for the night. If the player is home, they will share cookies. (The other player will know this happens).
*note: if empowered by TRUST and no one is home, will be redirected to another player with the same target.
*note: if targeted by TRUTH, will become a poisoner. (Other player will receive same message as if they were normal cookies)

---
Inventor wrote: You are an
Inventor, aligned with the town

Each night, you may give another player one of your inventions for them to use, with the following effects:

-Investigate another player and learn their alignment
-Protect another player from any killing action
-Track another player and learn their target

Each of your inventions are one-use.

You win with the town.
*If targeted by TRUST, will give all items to target.
*If targeted by TRUTH, will decide it’s better to use the items himself,
including the night he is targeted

Some formatting remains to be done.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 1200, Fern wrote:Actually
But I like non- scum killing roles. Ghostlin is sad Ghostlin.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

(I don't know why Fern got quoted there.)
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by Socrates »

I expect to catch a lot of flack for this setup. It makes a number of choices that I myself would normally say not to do. Ambiguous Win conditions, unreliable information, confusing mechanics, abrupt role changes. That was kind of the point of the exercise, though, and I tried my best to signal the presence of such things ahead of time for anyone that signed up. Not to use that as a shield or to pretend that I am 100% happy with my own execution. I've already said in the dead thread that I think Joey's role was an outright mistake.

But I did have a great deal of fun running this game, and I hope at least a majority of players found something to enjoy.

Once I have a good chance, I'll probably have a fairly large essay to put down about my own thoughts about the game, but I welcome feedback from anyone and everyone about any bones they want to pick.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by Socrates »

For those that don't want to dig through the mod dump:

Night 1:
In post 26, Socrates wrote:So final action list:

Albert hides behind raya --> fails
PMysterious investigates Ibuki
Dreal cop Bins --> Guilty
Hopkirk protect Bins --> failed, drained
Ghostly Penguin gives cookies to Joey --> success! They are delicious.
Dunkerdoodle watches Mutant --> sees Bins
Bins gives cop to Mutant --> Success
Mutant kills Joey --> Success
Ibuki ---> no action

Mafia kills Albert --> (failed hide) --> success!
In post 27, Socrates wrote:Night one Result PMs:
Drealmerz7There is no doubt. Everything points to one conclusion: GUILTY!

RayaYou lay in your bed, this night no different from any other night. The ceiling has no answers, but neither do the back of your eyelids.

Useless.

What a terrifying word.

Nobody wants to be useless.

A flash of light out your window draws your attention. You turn to look, but the aura bowls into you before you even put a foot down.

Warmth.

Comfort.

Power.

Someone else's.

That's what this is. This is someone else's power, not yours. This does not make
you
special. This does not make
you
important. You will not be a mere vessel for someone else's destiny. That is not what you want.

And in but a moment, the warmth is expelled from your body. You're not quite sure how you did it, but
you
did it, and that feels immediately more gratifying that anything that light could have given you.

PMysteriousYour need to See the TRUTH of others wells up inside of you, and without proper direction, it casts about to someone unknown:
Smorlock's Cousin wrote:When your cousin Smorlock quit the police force and moved in with you — “to get away from all the people,” they said — it sounded like a good idea at the time. A fun adventure! They surely had many wonderful stories to tell about life in the big city.

But it turns out when they said they wanted to get away from “all the people,” they meant ALL people. You interacted on the day they moved in, but since then, they’ve been like some kind of weird ghost. You rarely see them coming or going from the house, you never talk, and you have no idea what they even do all day! You wonder if you could even recognize their face in a lineup. It’s getting kind of worrisome, frankly.

At least you get to split the rent.

Once, you may attempt to follow Smorlock for an evening. You’ve not the sneaky sort and have never done this kind of thing before, so you’re not sure how it will go.

You win with the town.

Mod notes:
*learns Smorlock’s identity, but roleblocks them for that night.
*if targeted by TRUST, will learn Smorlock’s alignment.
*if targeted by TRUTH, will learn that something is wrong with Smorlock, but not exactly what.

IbukiIt's... off.

There's something... wrong with Smorlock.

The thought nags at you.

Is it the way he moves? Is it the way he looks at people? Is it his bizarre secretiveness? You can't tell. But every time the thought circles around, one thing becomes more firm in your mind: something is amiss.

GhostlyAs day finally drifts into night, your cackles of excitement only grow louder. You approach your hapless victim's door and give it a good knock.

Nothing.

You knock again.

Don't say that they aren't hom--

A quiet rumble.

Yes, someone's coming!

You hear the door knob turn and shout before the door even starts to move.

"SURPRISE!"

Joey_ stares at you, slack jawed.

You realize you are all but shoving the basket of cookies into his face and pull back to a more dignified pose, then you have a second go at presenting the cookies.

"Would you like some?"

A few hours pass and you are on your way home, having shared some very special cookies with a very special neighbor.

Job well done.

DunkerdoodleScouting out Mutant's home, you see:

Bins

MutantYou find a surprise on your doorstep this morning. A curious tool that will empower you to perform the following:
-Investigate another player and learn their alignment
You may use this in addition to your normal night action, but you can only use it once.

HopkirkYou stay up all night, watching vigil.

Nothing.

In a way, this is the worst possible outcome.

It took every ounce of your courage to act, and every ounce of your energy to stand your ground.

And nothing.

You are tired.

You will need to take a break for a night before trying something like that again.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:46 pm

Post by Socrates »

Night 2:
In post 31, Socrates wrote:Night 2 actions as of this moment:

Bins: Doc to Fern
Mutant: Kill Ibuki
Mutant: Investigate Drealmerz
Ibuki: Follow Dreal
Ghostly Penguin: Give cookie to UC Voyager
Dunker: Watch Bins
Dreal: Investigate Mutant

Mafia:
UCV ninja-kills Bins
Fern Investigates Ghostly Penguin
In post 32, Socrates wrote:Night PMs:

Mutant's copTown

IbukiYou didn't get far.
About three blocks, to be exact.

"Who's there!?" Your cousin shouts straight in your direction. The way he jolted, you'd think he'd heard a gunshot, not a misplaced foot.

With a sigh, you kick the branch away and walk out. "Hey, Smorlock."

"Smorlock?" your cousin cocks an eyebrow.

"Hmm? Yeah. Don't you remember?"

Blank face.

"When we were kids? Every Summer for, like, four years?"

Even blanker.

He really didn't remember! "You were Smorlock Polmes and I was your trusty sidekick, Botson! We would wander around town and pretend to solve mysteries?"

"That... That was decades ago!"

"Only two!" you protest. "and they were good days," you add quietly.

His eyes go to the ground, but his gaze turns inwards. Nostalgia.

"That was such a dumb name," he mutters.

"It was cute,
Drealmerz
."

His gaze hardens, still pointed down. "What are you doing out here,
Ibuki
?"

"I'd ask you the same! You're the one who disappears into the shadows every night."

He seems pierced by the suggestion. "I'm helping," he says, "I'm doing my part."

"Helping with what? What part are you doing?"

"Shut up!" Smorlock suddenly bolts past you into the bush.

"Hey, wait!" you start to follow, already knowing you weren't going to catch him.

DrealmerzYou're barely out your front door before you notice. A sinister gaze burns into the back of your head. You're being followed.

Your initial plan was to keep your cool and pretend not to notice, but you hear a crack behind you and speak without thinking. "Who's there?"

You hear a sigh, and then see your cousin emerge from the bushes. "Hey, Smorlock," she says, kicking at the broken branch.

"Smorlock?" you cock an eyebrow.

She follows suit. "Hmm? Yeah. Don't you remember?"

Pure confusion.

"When we were kids? Every Summer for, like, four years?"

You were a kid, once?

"You were Smorlock Polmes and I was your trusty sidekick, Botson! We would wander around town and pretend to solve mysteries?"

Oh. Oh! "That was decades ago!"

"Only two!" she protests. "They were good days," she adds quietly.

Your eyes go to the ground, but your vision turns inwards. Nostalgia. "That was such a dumb name," you mutter. So corny.

"It was cute,
Drealmerz
."

Hearing your real name brings you back into the real world. "What are you doing out here,
Ibuki
?"

"I'd ask you the same! You're the one who disappears into the shadows every night."

You hesitate. What do you tell her? You couldn't trust her. She was the one following you, and if she had her druthers, you'd be none the wiser. "...I'm helping." You say. "I'm doing my part."

"Helping with what? What part are you doing?"

"Shut up!" your fists clench, and you realize you have started running.

"Hey, wait!" you hear her following.

You're not going to get anything done tonight.

FernYou find a surprise on your doorstep this morning. A curious tool that will empower you to do the following:
Protect another player from any killing action
You may use it in addition to your normal night action, but you may only use it once and it will only last for one night.

FernYou turn your gaze upon Ghostly Penguin, their true self laid bare before you:
Wendy wrote:Gawd, everyone in this town is such a freaking downer. They’re all so serious, so somber, that they strangle the joy out of the world with their mere presence. There can be enough beauty in but a single flower to satisfy, if they simply took a moment to truly look at it. To study its details, feel its textures, smell its scents. But they won’t do it! GAWD!

And that was before the murders started.

Well, you are just going to have to start doing something about this. “Be the change you want in the world,” said that one guy. The famous one. Had an eating disorder or something? Whatever.

Each night, you are going to start surprising your neighbors with a batch of your special cookies to brighten their day! What makes your cookies so special? Why, they are made with your secret special ingredient, of course! And what is that ingredient? Joy! Gawd, the look on their faces… It’s going to be great!

You win with the town.

*Mod notes: Will learn if a player has left their house for the night. If the player is home, they will share cookies. (The other player will know this happens).
*If empowered by TRUST and no one is home, will be redirected to another player with the same target.
*If targeted by TRUTH, will become a poisoner. (Other player will receive same message as if they were normal cookies)

DunkerdoodlesScouting out Bins' home, you see:

No one.

UC VoyagerYou return from your night's escapade, then notice a dull ache coming from your main hand. You look down and notice you are still holding the sword, clutched tightly in your fist.

Your fingers fail to respond, and you have to awkwardly pry them off of the sword with your off hand. You separate the handle from your palm and the feel of open air stabs painfully into the exposed skin.

Looking at your hand, you see a thick black burn streaked across your palm.

GhostlyYou pound on UC Voyager's door for a solid ten minutes before giving up.

Nobody's home.

A feeling of gloom comes over you, and you turn back.

What's the point of all this?

Ghostly 2FUTILITY.

CYNICISM.

OPPORTUNITY.

Ghostly 3Gawd, everyone in this town is such a freaking downer. They’re all so serious, so somber, that they strangle the joy out of the world with their mere presence. There can be enough beauty in but a single flower to satisfy, if they simply took a moment to truly look at it. To study its details, feel its textures, smell its scents. But they won’t do it! GAWD!

And that was
before
the murders started.

Each night, you are going to start surprising your neighbors with a batch of your special cookies to brighten their day! What makes your cookies so special? Why, they are made with your secret special ingredient, of course! And what is that ingredient? Cyanide! Gawd, the look on their faces… It’s going to be great!

You win with the town.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:49 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 1217, Fern wrote:I think I realized once I got the doc that I shot myself in the food.
Meh I didn't care that much, I blame UCV tbh.
Good Flavor tho :)
why concede you were playing well?
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”