Mini 1975: A Village in the Woods (Game Over!)

mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by mozamis »

shambolic game for scum. i would be more annoyed if i hadnt been so shit myself.
but yeah i was poor, those 2 guys running away were poor.
nice effort by ucv and fern though, thanks fro stepping in guys. ucv's thing is just one of those things i guess...
i enjoyed some of ferns quality bullshit :)

thanks for the game mod, nice flavour :)
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

wow. thats all i can say. wow. I mean. wow.
so...i don't get enough sleep
Fern
Fern
Goon
Fern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:21 pm

Post by Fern »

In post 1224, mozamis wrote:
In post 1217, Fern wrote:I think I realized once I got the doc that I shot myself in the food.
Meh I didn't care that much, I blame UCV tbh.
Good Flavor tho :)
why concede you were playing well?
I was busy and I didn't see myself winning.
Fern
Fern
Goon
Fern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Post by Fern »

not to mention I couldn't see myself sucessfully pushing the lynches I wanted to push when no one cared about what I was saying.
Fern
Fern
Goon
Fern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by Fern »

Like tried my dam hardest to break up that townbloc.
No one budged or cared so...
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by Katyusha »

ibuki was obvtown and as always i hardscumread fern as soon as he posted lmfao

interesting game to watch
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:42 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Did you think you were a serial killer Mutant?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:25 am

Post by mozamis »

another strong TOWN performance from Hopkirk ;)
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Ibuki Meowda
Ibuki Meowda
Goon
Ibuki Meowda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:28 am

Post by Ibuki Meowda »

Katyusha wrote:ibuki was obvtown and as always i hardscumread fern as soon as he posted lmfao

interesting game to watch
ZZZzz
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:07 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 1227, Fern wrote:
In post 1224, mozamis wrote:
In post 1217, Fern wrote:I think I realized once I got the doc that I shot myself in the food.
Meh I didn't care that much, I blame UCV tbh.
Good Flavor tho :)
why concede you were playing well?
I was busy and I didn't see myself winning.
i could understand it if your activity levels dropped. but never give up! town miay have destroyed themsleves if you had lurked it out, which IS a completely fair scum tactic.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:13 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1231, Hopkirk wrote:Did you think you were a serial killer Mutant?
Day 1:
"Oh cool, I'm a vig, this will be fun. Time to execute some lurkers and take out scum."
Day 1, just before Moz's role is revealed:
*re-reads role card a few times*. "Oh shit, my role card doesn't mention my alignment at all! Is it possible I am not aligned with town?"
Night 1:
"Joey was softly defending moz but not too strongly. Almost as if he wanted to defend moz but didn't want to lose town cred for doing so. Seems scummy to me."

Day 2:
"Wow, was I really the only person that thought Joey's defence of moz was kinda scummy? Also, what is up with that death flavour, it's so violent... Maybe I'm a third party? My role flavour doesn't feel like it's SK so maybe the 'weeds' are specific people? Maybe, the weeds have italic names like ABR. Since he dissolved, then perhaps that is the hint that I'm trying to kill people like that since I guess trust can be considered a right and my role card mentions rights dissolving. Eh, I still consider myself town though."
Night 2:
"I should investigate drealmerz, just to be sure he isn't scum lying about a guilty on Bins. Also, I want to test if my and Hopkirk's theory about scum being on the wagon causing moz's death flavour being true. This means I should kill Ibuki or UCV. I'm leaning Ibuki since she was so vague about her role... actually, my reads are crap. Killing joey was a mistake and in previous games, my reads have been VERY off. I know, I will let the town decide by Iso-ing everyone to see which of the 2 they scum read the most. Oh okay, Ibuki it is then".

Day 3:
*Looks at Ibuki's death flavour* "Oh god I'm actually a SK, oh god I'm a SK... but SK does not match my flavour at all; SHUT UP YOU'RE THE SERIAL KILLER!! Hopkirk wants mass claim, uh oh. Maybe you should just confess you are a gardener with no specified alignment? Pfft, you'd be lynched instantly! Okay, pretend you're a doctor, there doesn't seem to be any protective roles and they wouldn't want to lynch a doctor." *Hopkrik claims BG* "Shit. Okay, new plan:" *Constructs 50% successful doctor flavour. Is convincing? Check. Makes sense to exist alongside a BG? Check. Plan who you investigated and more importantly WHY? Check.* "Okay, now crumb it a bit to give it more ground." *Dunkerdoodles claims to have watched Bins and no one visited* "FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, maybe I should pretend I protected someone else... but it makes the most sense to have protected Bins N2, besides, you can't change your mind now... you are luring scum by claiming you could have been role blocked and stated several times that your ability may have failed... I could pretend I protected Ibuki? But that makes literally no sense as a doctor... Nope, you're going to have to stick with what you have now. Maybe I could state that perhaps scum has an ability that prevents anyone that targets their target from seeing any visits? No, that sounds stupid. Then what do I do? Blame the mod. Good idea, I'll just pretend that that's how my role works." *Insert paranoia from here on out that people are going to figure out I'm the SK from this hole in my claim*.

Night 3:
"Okay, Fern is definitely scum and might kill me due to my doctor claim. But, since he now hates Hopkirk for the UCV mod kill then I'm hoping that means he will kill Hopkirk instead. Besides, I need Fern alive to be lynched tomorrow. Maybe I should kill dunker to guarantee he doesn't see my kills? Nah, if he is watching me and I die then I'd want him to be alive to out my killed and he'll probably watch Hopkirk anyway and confirm Fern as the scum. I should kill one of the 2 townies instead. I'll kill the cookie vendor because dreal being conf town (I hope) will help with lynching Fern tomorrow. 2 townie deaths tonight + scum lynched tomorrow = guaranteed win as either town or SK."

Game over:
"Well that's a disappointing end, I wanted to see if I could pull off my plan. Wait... I'm not even the SK... goddammit." *facepalm*.

@Fern and Dunker, out of curiosity, who would you have killed and watched N3?
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:49 am

Post by mutantdevle »

I also got quite into character for submitting my night actions. I thought it was only fair that I meet Socrates efforts in his detailed flavour. I like telling my hidden thoughts to the game mod and I'm sure it put a grin on Socrate's face as I was having an identity crisis and fell into his trap of making me think I am a SK:

N1:
mutantdevle wrote:Flames are threatening this humble village and it would appear there is evil intent within the arsonist. But since when did evil lurk on its own? It simply does not. Evil acts out in pairs and attacks thrice until an army is grown from the ashes and the sand that the flames leave behind. The village is burning and the flames require dousing if my garden is to continue to flourish.

My loyalty lies not with the village but rather with the garden, with the flowers that bloom, with the grass that grows. I realise that now. This world would bloom with my garden if those who do not appreciate the smell of roses were vanquished. Evil does not care about beauty and as such would be best ridden from the earth. And to the village idiots that stamp on my flowers and give me reason to believe they are weeds: I feel no remorse. But there is still one thing I am left to wonder, are the evil and the weeds one and the same? Of course, weeds are inherently evil but are the evil inherently weeds? I must conclude that both are not welcome.

I concede that I also have fear amongst my wonder. Like, say, what would happen to my garden if I were to become nothing but dust? There is no way for me to pass on the rose. The gardener is a guardian of the garden. So, it is settled then. I cannot die; to do so would be condemning the flowers to burn. It was obvious that moz was evil, and I pushed him hard. To the town of whom I am not aligned I have done a good deed, a contribution, and to that I am proud. But then I recalled that getting such an action right would be asking for the evil doers to retaliate against me. moz was not fooling anyone with his pretence that he was the doctor. He claimed a name, and we are not named. So I used the opportunity to play a fool, to devalue myself. To pretend that I had believed the claim in the end. I pray only that my efforts were enough to throw them off the scent. By pretending not to understand the meaning of a claimed name I emit the impression that I have no greater role than to participate.

With 1 evil down I must pluck a weed. After being bipolar over my choice throughout the day, during this night only 1 name springs to mind. Joey. He seemed to take pride in associating himself with the now confirmed evil. As the world came crashing down for moz, Joey's silence screamed volume. Joey had emphasised the importance of getting the votes sorted for the end of the day yet he was not around to do so? If his previous activity is anything to go by, he should have been more than capable to make comment at the time of the claim. I've always seen a light in Joey's eye that seems to suggest he has no appreciation of nature. Tonight, that light goes out and flowers will be grown in his place as I choose to pluck the weed that is Joey_.
N2:
mutantdevle wrote:The scent of my flowers has all but lead the town astray into haplessly wrong theories of 2 works of evil. It would appear that I am the only one who saw the Joey-Moz connection and this makes me feel a fool, one I have not made pretence to be. I have never been good at judging character which makes me anxious as the flames move in closer and the sky turns to black.

The death of Joey was the work of yours truly; this means the death of trust itself can only be the work of evil. Presently, I am the only village folk that can hunt by association. Who would want rid of dear old Albert? My analysis of his opinions yield no result. Johan was the only real suspect but has since been watered beyond what was necessary. Could Dunkerdoodles have had influence in the dissolution of trust? His claim would suggest not. But why dissolve? This method of death is rather specific. Is this the way in which he died or the way in which he was killed? If this is a method of death then could trust be one of those rights made of pure phantasmal bonds and hence dissolved?

My thoughts tonight are that of uncertainty. All those who have spoken appear to articulate the truth and I cannot deduct foul play behind their claims. I have nagging doubts about Hopkirk's play and distrust his motive to help the town. It is as though he is a weed choking a flower from beneath the soil and out of sight of the guardian. However, this view is nothing more than the inner feeling you get when you think it's about to rain despite the clear sky; it doesn't always rain. The opinions of the town also lead me to believe that perhaps I am too quick to assume that Dunkerdoodles can track those who wander at night? If my presumption is correct then that makes him a threat to my nightly gardening and a valuable asset in trimming weeds.

So with role claims confusing my indication of who I can trust, I instead choose to experiment. A theory was discussed during the day but presently holds little water. But even the smallest quantities of water can douse a flame if used correctly. This theory was if Moz's screams were because of what he was or were they to do with how he was killed? Who on his wagon could cause him to turn to dust? If this theory is true then there is one thing for certain, those responsible for Moz's transformation did not help to kill Raya. There are 2 individuals who match this description: Ibuki and CytheVoyager. I do not trust myself to decide between the 2. So instead, I took to the stated opinions of the town over which one is preferable to be ridden. It seems the town has inadvertently voted Ibuki Meowda and they shall be the weed I pluck tonight.

Now let's not forget the precious gift that has been bestowed on me by Bins. I think it would be most wise to use this precious tool at the earliest convenience and I am going to do so, especially given the circumstances. For earlier today we were told that the very person who gave me such a beneficial gift was guilty of something. I do not believe this to be true for even a single second. But could these results be that of insanity? The proceedings of this night shall give an answer but would drealmerz accurately relay this information, does he already know the answer? There is nothing to stop him from lying about his sanity if he had evil intent. Should the evil doers permit drealmerz to live through this night then I would want to know to whom he is aligned. To find out where drealmerz7's intent lies I am required to investigate him with the help of a tool.
N3:
mutantdevle wrote:Today I have lied and deceived the town, but these actions are for the greater good. The flowers must continue to grow. Tonight, they are blooming more than ever. The Daisys are dancing, the Alliums are singing and the Buttercups are whistling; such a perfect harmony. All the while they are at the most risk of being starved. A doctor claim draws attention, attention that I hope is not too hostile. My garden needs watering and if the liquid that fills the can is that of blood then so be it; I just pray that it is not my own.

6 of us remain. The truth of Drealmerz has been gifted to me by Bins so he is of no threat. I, of course, am of no threat to myself. A simple cookie gift is too of no threat. But Fern, Dunker and Hopkirk are all willing to trample flowers to reach their own victories. I am almost certain that Fern is the last of the evil and his sight into my play makes him the biggest threat. However, his evil intent is obvious to many and he would make a fine lynch for the day ahead. To further this, UCV's recent demise can only have fuelled his rage towards Hopkirk and thus I predict that this is to be the evil's target for the night. If evil does see me as the biggest threat, then my last resort be that Hopkirk gains the impression that, should he protect me and I protect him, we would become invulnerable. Or better yet, may I harness the protection of the poppies in preventing my own fatality within the night. Regardless, I am placing faith in that Hopkirk dies tonight.

If I am to survive the night, then the biggest threat would be the results of Dunker. If he is to see me target someone who dies then my illusion that a failed protection yields no visit would be shattered in mere moments and my lies will be busted. The flowers would shrivel up and lay dormant as all hope of growth is poisoned. But Dunker is also most useful. The obvious targets to watch are the protectives who are at most risk. If I am to die tonight, then I would hope that my killer is caught as I would much prefer evil vanquished than the town to burn. But ideally, I'd hope that Dunker could watch on as Fern takes the life of Hopkirk and solidify the lynch of tomorrow.

For the blossoming of my garden to be inevitable, I require 2 of those who are town to die tonight and for evil to be eradicated tomorrow. I cannot die and I cannot be caught. There is little I can do to prevent my death but to prevent being caught is well within my power. To avoid Dunker's detection I must trim either drealmerz or the Ghostly Penguin. Killing drealmerz would give me town cred in that I have confirmed him as town, but if his township is already agreed then leaving him alive would have us both confirmed town making a Fern lynch far easier. However, as I am not fully trusted, nor is my town confirmation on drealmerz. To keep him alive would be helpful in wagoning another. So it is settled, the weed that should be cut down tonight will be Ghostly Penguin. Now they have a reason for their silence.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:55 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Personally, I really fucking loved this game. Mysteries and having to theorize about things is what drew me to mafia in general in the first place. So to play a game that really profits on that as much as possible was a dream come true for me (even if most of my theories were wrong). @Socrates, I hope you host more games like this in the future because I really enjoyed this game and it is probably the most fun I've ever had on any mafia game. I really wish that these types of games were more common amongst this community because they are honestly incredibly fun to play :D

I'm not too sure if a lot of people would share that sentiment but I certainly enjoyed this game and plan to play every game that has the same mysterious concept if I can <3
I mostly just lurk now.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Hopkirk »

When UC flipped scum (and from the start of the day really) I was still sure Fern was his partner- though Fern had convinced me you could have been the SK.
Intended to protect our watcher.
Ibuki Meowda
Ibuki Meowda
Goon
Ibuki Meowda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:29 am

Post by Ibuki Meowda »

The in character stuff you did was really nice, mutant.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Bins »

i really liked this setup! i want to do a more story based game
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:49 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1238, Hopkirk wrote:When UC flipped scum (and from the start of the day really) I was still sure Fern was his partner- though Fern had convinced me you could have been the SK.
Intended to protect our watcher.
I could not track because is was doing the NKs. But we were like 99% sure you were SK. That's why ibrisked the fake claim.

A. Town thinks I'm conf town

B. No SK to stop scum from winning

C. No way for me to be NKed.

Then I got modkilled because I wasn't even aware that you couldn't quote flavour.
I always thought that rule meant no quote tags or nothing like that. I actually though I had paraphrased because I had to, so the flavour wouldn't look like scum. But I didnt paraphrase it enough to not be quoting. I was quite embarrassed really. I never really thought I would be modkilled ever.

I do not blame the mod for modkilling me. As the mod, they had to in force the rules and I guess I can say I learned from it.

What sucks more is even read all the rules and did the palm thing.

Ergg.

Hands down. I was really impressed with town for catching my semi fake claim. More like a bent truth fake claim. Also coordinating very well. Even if I wasn't ass at being scum, town still probably would have won .
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Given you were on L1 anyway it wasn't the most gamechanging modkill.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:30 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1242, Hopkirk wrote:Given you were on L1 anyway it wasn't the most gamechanging modkill.
well. I still had a
small
chance, but yeah. wasn't that game changing
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:46 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

yeah ucv was dying anyways, modkill did nothing.
anyways ggwp town, i'm kinda thankful i got a flavorless role cause it made my job easy.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1239, Ibuki Meowda wrote:The in character stuff you did was really nice, mutant.

@UCV I don't think anyone really believed your role claim tbh. It's always worth a shot when you're scum in that position but I really don't think the modkill changed too much other than cutting the day a little shorter than it would have been.

@Dunker, who would you have watched N3?
I mostly just lurk now.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

another
cytheflyguy scumgame? must get tiring after a while.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by Bins »

literally my feels
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:12 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Any chance of getting access to the scum and dead PTs? I don't know if I've missed it somewhere but I don't think Socrates has mentioned anything about releasing them.
I mostly just lurk now.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:27 am

Post by UC Voyager »

lol. once again, im scum and mutant is town PR. lol

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”