Mini 1997: The Clownspiracy (Game Over!)

StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:02 am

Post by StefanB »

Hello Bu:

Your arguing was okay. You look reasonable for it.
Two vigshots night 1 in a 10:3 are still a nightmare for swingness and if both go trough confirm 2 players as town.
That Cedric was a joat doesn't chance that.

Kaito: I can't help you here, perhaps that he was to unhelpful even for scum?

Bu: I like playing with you, perhaps playing with townBuJaber will some day happen.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:36 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Mmm. Should've pushed beef harder d2. Next time need sheep on beef instead of "association" scumreaderino (I will almost never lynch someone d1 without letting them claim).
I'm kinda sad wh4t replaced out lol. Wh4t stefan and me were supposed to be the townbloc (also wtf these nightkills you're not supposed to kill my d1 super townread VT CLAIM that's not fair).
deranged and incoherent
?
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:39 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

Feels good
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Bujaber as scum probably could've prevented the kiana lynch d1 by not hammering (normally that's not the case, but here I really don't think anyone else would've) and I think it would've been worth the extra sus. Issue is saying "I will lynch it's between that and no-lynch" was committing to the stance ahead of time, and I guess let people force you into it and not have to worry about doing another wagon to prevent nolynch. Yes it might have felt super scummy for you but there were so many people pushing the same thing that you would have blended in.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:19 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Still good effort by bu, lot of what hurt him seemed to be the role thing, claiming d2 and not dying (and that early claim was partially because he was busy irl and couldn't defend himself afaik?) which there isn't much you can do against.

GG WP to everyone. Thanks for modding mathdino!
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:27 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Miller in game with no cop nice meme btw.
deranged and incoherent
?
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:33 am

Post by StefanB »

Miller in a game without Cop nothing new. Makes everyone suspicios about Maki, so not pointless.
I think kudos to both Bu and Beef, they gave a fight. Without Kiana they would have been a lot harder to lynch.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:56 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

So BTW my guess for kiana is that they were a iraonavp/expedience alt. To start off with, given they clearly aren't FA and that's the only female ban I remember, I think despite kiana pronoun it was either neutral or he pronoun user.
I was interested so thought of this a bit. Even before the event the kind of 0-reconsideration ridiculous read style I've seen maybe once or twice ever and reminded me of
a) someone who plays a lot and is well known, who I was wondering was the main at the time as kiana seemed to be an alt anyways, but they were both in a mutual game playing together so this was ruled out
b) iraonvp's bs scumread/push style in viewtopic.php?f=53&t=68380 (but it just reminded me at that point, kiana was not banned yet)

Given that, when seeing the ban, I thought of the pool of permabanned likely suspects (F16/alts, shotty, iraon/expedience, house/grey, reaper/langbuddhas, maybe narna again, there are others like accountant and must-not-be-mentioned and way more but idk how likely they're to ban evade to play mafia) and the style this game seemed like it'd be a clear fit for iraon but not so much elsewhere (funny enough I think I played with all listed except reaper, though that's probably why they're the names to come to mind).
On review the play of extreme BS push style matches up very well, furthermore the language seems to have many similarities. I think even vocally I get the impression kiana was very close to saying "town-aligned" a bunch of times (say of speaking some people have but iraon was notorious) but stopped themself. The very rigid, unnatural sentence structure is a huge thing too. Finally the exclamation marks and exuding a feeling of almost glee at pushing BS I think is a very very distinct thing to feel from a post and it definitely gives me the same vibe as here. Though, it is still possible I'm wrong as that is still a huge group of possible people and there'd be a ton of incentive to hide stylistic things in that kind of alt (is this the applied scumhunting?).
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:04 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 2481, StefanB wrote:Miller in a game without Cop nothing new. Makes everyone suspicios about Maki, so not pointless.
Yeah I know it's just a nice meme like fruit vendor. I was hoping for a cop (or JOAT having a 1-shot-cop) right up until massclaim because of it though :lol:
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:23 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Lol getting nkd over conftowns tho
deranged and incoherent
?
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:34 am

Post by StefanB »

Getting NK over confirmed town and over someone who was a cop basicly(okay only every second night) as fruit vendor! Mathdino allready said it in the dead tread, the nkchoices didn't help scum.
They went into the 4-playermylo whit only me as a lynchposibility. (I disagree with Beefster that it was completly out of my and his hand btw, I just waited to give Maki and Koichi any answer they wanted, they just needed any)
And one think I disagree re Mathdino in the deadtopic: I claimed the neighborhood and my name, it was delibarete that I didn't claim the JK here.
I had my reason for doing it.
One it was getting more and more dificult to talk about Beefster and keeping it secret.
Two: I was suspicious about him at the time.
Three: I saw it as a good cover for the Jailkeeper.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Mathdino »

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i still don't know why i was killed :shifty:

not actually going to count this one as a victory for myself, as much as i'd love to inflate my town winrate :lol:
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:16 am

Post by BuJaber »

Because you replaced wh4t. Wh4t disliked me so there was wifom logic to kill you. Also because wh4t was getting emotional he would have been a good mislynch but you replaced in fresh and calm. Much harder to mislynch.

I don't know we messed up NK's a lot. Basically the actions of both cedrick and kiana was imo the most impactful on the game. That vig raised all sorts of questions that we didn't know if we wanted to keep him alive to shoot more townies or not. Then it turned out he was a joat. So his clever counterclaim helped him survive the NK and kiana's dumb fake claim when she had a safe fake claim meant we were playing as an incomplete team.

Y'all took advantage of those 2 things in the subsequent days very well.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:50 am

Post by Wisdom »

uh
you killed a vt and a fruit vendor over a conftown and a jailkeeper
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:38 am

Post by BuJaber »

Bad decisions
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Fri May 18, 2018 11:33 am

Post by Scummies »

Congratulations to the victors!

The game has drawn to a close, the jig is up! Some of you have lost, but others have won!

Take a few days, think about the game. Recognize what was best in your teammates and opponents, and consider nominating them for a Scummy! Players and mods in this game may be eligible for one of the following awards:

BODY OF WORK AWARDS

Best Mafia Catcher
: Also known as the Paragon of Mafia Hunters, this award is given to the single town player who, across all of their games for the year, exhibited the best ability for nailing those dirty scumbags and bringing the bad guys to justice while playing as a pro-town role.
Rising Star
: This award is given to the player that is a rising star in the game of mafia, showing great promise to join the elite echelon of mafia players. This award replaces both the Best Newbie award and Most Improved Player awards, and judges may consider elements of both those previous awards in deciding this award.
Excellent Moderation
: Also known as the “The Modfather” Award. This award is given to the moderator who, over the course of the past year, exemplifies the best qualities of a moderator in the operation of the game, including but not limited to quality and frequency of vote counts, organization of the game, dealing with issues that arise, keeping players active, and so forth. Judges may consider how challenging the games a moderator ran were, but they shall not penalize a moderator for only running more basic games. A mod must run at least 3 games to completion in the calendar year to be considered for this award.
SINGLE GAME - PLAYER

Most Cunning Manipulator
: Also known as the “Don Corleone” Award. Awarded to the player who has the strongest single game performance as mafia. In rare cases, where a player feels an entire scumteam gelled to create a strong cohesive scum performance, multiple members of a team may be nominated.
Best Performance Third Party
: Also known as the “Hannibal Lecter” Award. Awarded to the player or players that performed the most impressively in winning their game as a third party.
Most Memorable Event
: Also known as the “Kodak Moment” Award. Awarded to the player or players who were involved in the most memorable event in a game of mafia. Fake claims, funny claims, awesome exchanges, etc. may all be considered for this award
SINGLE GAME - MODERATOR

Best Setup
: Also known as the “Rube Goldberg” Award. Given to the moderator who designed the best setup. Judges may consider the roles involved in a game, how those roles interacted, how balanced a setup was, whether it furthered any particular theme, how the setup interacts with a mechanic, or any other factors the judges deem relevant. This award is distinct, however, from the “Best Mechanic” award in that it does not consider how good or bad any change to the basic way a Mafia game is played.
Best Flavor Text
: Also known as the “Paperback Writer” Award. Given to the moderator who wrote the most compelling flavor text. Judges should consider the flavor text of all parts of the game, including Role PMs and Day/Night scenes. Where appropriate, Judges may consider how well the flavor works with the announced theme.
Best Mechanic/Mutation
: Also known as the "Mad Scientist” Award. Given to the moderator who figured out the most compelling way to change the basic mechanics of the game of mafia, and/or created the most compelling new role or adaptation to increase player enjoyment. Judges shall consider both the basic idea behind the game as well as how well it was executed, and the uniqueness and quality of the role/adaptation.
SITE AWARDS

Game of the Year
: Also known as the “Player’s Choice” Award. This award is given to the moderator of a game. It is given in recognition of the overall excellence of a game. The Game of the Year award is a "catch all" award for the best overall game throughout the entire year, considering all aspects of the game from moderator quality, to the excellent design and composition of the game, to the performance and cohesion of the playerlist. A Game of the Year is meant to be the game that we can all point to later and say "This game was the best game the site could offer that year in terms of Design, Playerlist, and moderating capability." This is a PUBLIC VOTE. [/color]

The
2018 Scummies thread
is located here.
You may nominate a player or moderator for an award using this form.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”