Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

full doc, 1xcop, 1xvig, a WIFOM anti-town pr is pretty weak but I don't think we were strong either. I'm also p sure that the "point" of the hood was to get prof lynched and then the hood functions as a masonry. If you mean weak from bad town play then yeah.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:52 am

Post by profii »

The hood was v v v quiet and I was happy to keep it that way
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm pretty ancious to read the dead thread so I hope it goes out ASAP
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Ausuka »

I'm definitely on team "this was a townsided game." The moderation was very good and I like xyzzy, but, like, I do believe that doc + 1-shot cop + 1-shot vig + a neighbourhood isn't balanced against 3 goons, let alone a watcher. It's not like I'm an expert on balance but judging by what I see in most games I think most mods would believe the same thing. I think if it weren't for that there's a high chance I could have been lynched today.

I wonder if this is going to be a "everyone played bad, town played worse, fuck everyone" dead PT or a "nobody posts anything" dead PT?
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Momrangal »

Man goddammit why did I flop on the neighbors
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:16 am

Post by Momrangal »

I think the setup was a little townsided, but the nature of the game was more beneficial to scum so it evened out a bit kinda. Everyone was so rushed for a lynch each day makes mislynching all that easier
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:17 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1253, Ausuka wrote:I'm definitely on team "this was a
scumsided
game." The moderation was very good and I like xyzzy, but, like, I do believe that doc + 1-shot cop + 1-shot vig + a neighbourhood isn't balanced against 3 goons, let alone a watcher. It's not like I'm an expert on balance but judging by what I see in most games I think most mods would believe the same thing. I think if it weren't for that there's a high chance I could have been lynched today.

I wonder if this is going to be a "everyone played bad, town played worse, fuck everyone" dead PT or a "nobody posts anything" dead PT?
Sorry, I typed the wrong thing. >.>
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Momrangal »

Also that fake claim and how it played out was really really good. Thats a scummy right there i think
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Ausuka »

I don't really think this game was townsided? 1-shot cop and 1-shot vig gives 2-3 clears, doc maybe 1-2, so if town plays very optimally they CAN get a lot of clears, but I think most of the time this power just collapses, like it did in this game.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:19 am

Post by Ausuka »

I think the way the RB claim played out in getting me TR'd towards the end was largely due to assumptions people made about the setup after massclaim, I feel.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:20 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1259, Ausuka wrote:I think the way the RB claim played out in getting me TR'd towards the end was largely due to assumptions people made about the setup after massclaim, I feel.
ok this is incoherent. Let me rephrase it.
"The way I got TR'd towards the end for my RB claim was largely due to assumptions made about the setup, in my opinion."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't feel like it was all that scum sided or town sided. I guess you could go "oh this town was weak, and its light mountianous!" Wich is considered scumsided but town still had a fair bit of pwer here.

I think the RB was a good claim. I dunno if it should be considered scummy worthy b/c it was only made possible by the setup and me not claiming PR. But if Ausuka does get a scummie then Proffi should get credit too b/c he was the one that had my watch her wich made RB safe to claim.

profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:36 am

Post by profii »

I don’t know if it is typical of scum to use their PRs to use their roles to essentially “play defence” by self watching someone in the team thereby allowing us to make certain moves more safely but it seemed quite effective

I actually missed the RB claim by Ausuka and I didn’t want to query it in case anyone actually went “no she’s not town at all”

:$
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 am

Post by profii »

In post 1255, Momrangal wrote:I think the setup was a little townsided, but the nature of the game was more beneficial to scum so it evened out a bit kinda. Everyone was so rushed for a lynch each day makes mislynching all that easier
I definitely think the overall time limit turned out to be helpful to scum - although saying that, even as town id probably policy QL day 1
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Momrangal »

In post 1259, Ausuka wrote:I think the way the RB claim played out in getting me TR'd towards the end was largely due to assumptions people made about the setup after massclaim, I feel.
The way you claimed was super organic as well, making it highly unlikely as a fakeclaim. If the game continued i may have questioned scumrb but your confidence in stopping the kill would have made that unlikely
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Momrangal »

In post 1261, Nero Cain wrote:But if Ausuka does get a scummie then Proffi should get credit too b/c he was the one that had my watch her wich made RB safe to claim.
If this is true then i agree as well
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1249, Nero Cain wrote:Did you pass the test? That's what matters.
gotta wait for it to be graded
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1253, Ausuka wrote:I'm definitely on team "this was a townsided game." The moderation was very good and I like xyzzy, but, like, I do believe that doc + 1-shot cop + 1-shot vig + a neighbourhood isn't balanced against 3 goons, let alone a watcher. It's not like I'm an expert on balance but judging by what I see in most games I think most mods would believe the same thing. I think if it weren't for that there's a high chance I could have been lynched today.

how is scum watcher -scum ev?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1262, profii wrote:I don’t know if it is typical of scum to use their PRs to use their roles to essentially “play defence” by self watching someone in the team thereby allowing us to make certain moves more safely but it seemed quite effective

I actually missed the RB claim by Ausuka and I didn’t want to query it in case anyone actually went “no she’s not town at all”

:$
I mean it's actually a valid strategy, and I applaud whoever came up with it for finding a clever use for the role.
<Embrace The Void>

profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:33 am

Post by profii »

seemed obvious at the time

The choice was

Try and predict who was a PR _and_ then predict who they acted upon to get useful info, then wait a day to kill them

Vs

Watch ourselves and therefore any result has massive scum positive ramifications because you know what claims you can make or avoid
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:34 am

Post by profii »

Like I was kinda expecting the reaction to be “scum self watching” to have a negative reaction from town players as it’s reallt quite powerful
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Bins »

ah nah ausuka it wasn’t just the claim you were also playing really towny imo!! i was reading your hesitation as town

happy i was mostly right
sorry i stalled so much tho i was waiting until after my exam which just ended :’ (
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 4.104 players voting for Momrangal (Nero Cain, Gamma Emerald, Ausuka, profii)
1 player voting for Nero Cain (Momrangal)

2 players not voting (Bins, vonflare)

with 7 votes, it takes 4 to lynch.

a lynch was achieved on April 24 at 2:19 pm; day 4 took 9 day, 13 hours, and 40 minutes.

mod notes:
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Echo Bay Munitions Co.
Echo Bay, Maryland
April 22, 2018, 6:03 am
internal memo -- do not distribute

some of you may have heard that a shipment was made containing our proprietary technology. we are launching an internal review effective immediately to determine how this happened, and we will keep you informed in the coming days. we have sent out a team of three operatives to intercept this shipment before it arrives, and we anticipate no issues retrieving the package.

Echo Bay Munitions Co.
Echo Bay, Maryland
April 26, 2018, 9:43 pm

our operatives have successfully reacquired the delivery. we are still in the process of determining how it got out in the first place, and you should expect organizational changes in the coming days to ensure that no incidents like this happen again. to address some ongoing rumors, yes, we did plant an explosive device in the town set to go off if our operatives failed to retrieve the package in time. were our operatives in danger from this? no. they carried out their mission with precision. the correct response to this event is not to lose faith in this company but to remain assured that we are absolutely in control. the Echo Bay SmartBullet is the most innovative technological achievement in human history and will radically alter the way we carry out our work in the future. did we put the lives of our operatives in danger? I would argue that we did not. I am confident that there will be some long conversations ahead regarding the welfare of our employees, but please remain assured that we are on your side. the operatives should be arriving back at our headquarters tomorrow, at which point we will have an amicable discussion of our next steps.

Echo Bay Munitions Co.
Echo Bay, Maryland
April 27, 2018, 12:22 pm

there have been some complications with the ongoi

Momrangal, townie, has been lynched.

the mafia, Ausuka, Nero Cain, and profii, have won the game.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by the worst »

My reads have never been as bad in any game as they were here.....faark. i will never try to read ausuka again. XD

Except profii. Damn you, you adorable canine.....

Well played everyone, crazy well played scumteam!!
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”