xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Mini Theme 2001: Mafia Month [game over]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by xyzzy »

welcome to Mafia Month, a game that probably has nothing to do with the Stanley Kubrick film
2001: A Space Odyssey
! here's a list of players:
  1. Nero Cain
  2. Ausuka
  3. Lovebird
  4. the worst
  5. Porkens
  6. Chickadee
  7. Momrangal
  8. Iconeum
  9. profii
  10. Kokichi Oma
  11. Bins
  12. vonflare
  13. Gamma Emerald
    (replacing Lil Uzi Vert)
the following players are still alive:

Spoiler: living players
  1. Nero Cain
  2. Ausuka
  3. Chickadee
  4. Momrangal
  5. profii
  6. Bins
  7. vonflare
  8. Gamma Emerald

the following players are no longer alive:

important game events:
  1. beginning of day 1/votecount 1.01
  2. votecount 1.02
  3. votecount 1.03
  4. votecount 1.04
  5. votecount 1.05
  6. votecount 1.06
  7. votecount 1.07
  8. votecount 1.08
  9. votecount 1.09
  10. votecount 1.10
  11. votecount 1.11
  12. votecount 1.12
  13. end of day 1/votecount 1.13
  14. beginning of day 2/votecount 2.01
  15. votecount 2.02
  16. votecount 2.03
  17. votecount 2.04
  18. votecount 2.05
  19. Gamma Emerald replaces Lil Uzi Vert
  20. votecount 2.06
  21. end of day 2/votecount 2.07
  22. beginning of day 3/votecount 3.01
  23. votecount 3.02
  24. votecount 3.03
  25. votecount 3.04
  26. votecount 3.05
  27. end of day 3/votecount 3.06
  28. beginning of day 4/votecount 4.01
  29. votecount 4.02
  30. votecount 4.03
  31. votecount 4.04 not found
  32. votecount 4.05
  33. votecount 4.06
  34. votecount 4.07
  35. votecount 4.08
  36. votecount 4.09
  37. game over/votecount 4.10
Last edited by xyzzy on Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 15 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by xyzzy »

1. site rules:

2. obey all site rules. you can read the site rules here.
  3. do not discuss the game in any capacity outside of this game thread unless your role gives you explicit permission to do so. if you are allowed to do so, I will provide you with a private topic where you can do so.
  4. do not harass other players in this game. while a certain level of confrontation and argumentation is typical in Mafia games, do not bring personal vendettas or outside influences into the game. additionally, do not harm or threaten to harm any person.
    game conduct:

5. play to win. there is a chance that you will lose the game, but do your best to avoid that, and do not deliberately throw the game.
  6. do not use the color #8C0000.
  7. do not use any sort of cryptography, hidden text, or other similar methods to hide information in the game thread unless your role explicitly states that you may do so. if you are unsure of what is not allowed, PM me for clarification.
  8. do not quote any private correspondence you receive from me in the game thread unless your role explicitly states that you may do so.
    joining the game, leaving the game, and activity:

9. you should have received a PM with a role from me when the game began or when you replaced in. please respond to this PM with a message that includes your alignment and a brief summary of your role. if you have any questions about how your role works or you need a new copy of your role PM, please PM me.
  10. if you will be away from the site for a set period of time, please post in the thread letting the other players know this and PM me, and update the "Vacation / Limited Access" info in the User Control Panel. I will be more lenient regarding inactivity if you are V/LA, but I may need to replace you if you will be gone for an extended period of time. if you are regularly V/LA at certain times (such as during the weekend), you only need to do this once.
  11. if you do not post for 48 hours or more, I will prod you (or send you a reminder to check in when possible if you have announced that you are V/LA); failure to respond to prods or needing to be prodded repeatedly throughout the game might result in a replacement.
  12. at the beginning of each night, I will ask everyone to verify that they are still present via PM. to the greatest extent possible, I will try to only replace players during night phases so as not to affect the day phase deadline. therefore, it is very important that you respond to this PM, and failure to respond to it may result in replacement.
  13. if you need to be replaced for any reason, you may message me with information to be passed on to the player who replaces you. this isn't mandatory, but if there's strategic advice you'd like to offer to whomever replaces you, you can do this.
  14. if you are unable to continue playing in this game, to the best of your ability, please try to wait until a night phase to replace out; I understand that emergencies come up, but this game will go a lot more smoothly if we can avoid replacing players during the day.
    gameplay:

15. there are 3 mafia-aligned players and 10 town-aligned players in this game. the mafia win condition is "you win the game when no town-aligned players are alive, or when the deadline is reached," and the town win condition is "you win the game when no mafia-aligned players are alive."
  16. the game is divided into day phases and night phases and will begin with a day phase; day phases have a total deadline of 30 days, and night phases each have a deadline of 48 hours.
  17. the length of each day will be decided by the timestamps that I see on the post that starts the day and the post that ends the day and will last the full duration of each minute in that time period. as an example, if a given day starts at 12:00 pm and ends at 12:03 pm on the same day, that day will be treated as having lasted 4 minutes. if there are any discrepancies between what your timestamps say and what my timestamps say, mine are the ones that will be used to decide things.
  18. if 30 real-world days of day phases passes (that's 960 hours), the game will end and the mafia faction will win.
  19. to vote, use bold text with the word "vote" followed by a colon and the username of the player you wish to vote for, or use the vote tag with the username of the player you wish to vote for inside. you do not need to unvote before voting for another player. please use the complete username of the person you're voting for to avoid any ambiguity.
  20. a lynch will occur once the majority number of votes are for a player, and no lynch will occur if the majority of votes are for no lynch. either of these things will end the day.
  21. if the day has ended but I have not made a post announcing the end of the day ("twilight"), this time does not count against the deadline even if players post during this time.
  22. each night, each player may use one factional ability and one non-factional ability.
  23. I am in the EST timezone. I will alternate each day between starting the day sometime in the morning and sometime in the evening. the purpose of this is to mitigate the effect that timezones affect the game.
    moderator responsibilities:

24. I will not edit your posts unless your post breaks the rules in such a way that information needs to be removed from it or quotes a post that does that, or you ask me to edit it to fix a broken tag. I will provide a brief explanation of the edit and, in cases of fixing broken tags, will end the post with a spoiler containing the complete original text of the post.
  25. if you have a pronoun listed on your account, I will use that to refer to you. otherwise, I will default to referring to you as "they"/"them". if you do not have a pronoun listed on your account but wish for me to refer to you using some other pronoun, message me to let me know.
  26. I will do my best to keep the game running as smoothly as possible, but there will be times when I'm not around. I should be able to update the game at least once a day, and I will let you know if I believe that might change.
  27. I reserve the right to modify these rules at any time if necessary.
  28. thanks for vibing and keeping it tight. if you need me, I'm on my mobile.
Last edited by xyzzy on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by xyzzy »

randomizing and distributing roles now. when you receive your role PM, remember to confirm by telling me your win condition and giving me a brief summary of any non-vanilla attributes of your role.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:06 pm

Post by xyzzy »

role PMs have been distributed. day 1 will begin when everyone has confirmed.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:20 am

Post by xyzzy »

the notice appeared on a cold March morning. the town had been sealed off from the outside world, and an explosive device had been rigged to destroy the whole town. the list of demands was far beyond the town's resources, especially given the lack of contact they have with the outside world. maybe it would have been possible for them to find the money, the helicopters, the celebrity endorsements, and the collector's edition novelty dishware with the rest of the country's help, but apparently the folks running this scheme hadn't thought through the fact that the town wouldn't just have all these resources on hand.

therefore, they decided, the best way to eliminate this threat was with a vote. the town would convene each day to vote on someone to be publicly executed, and if they're lucky, the chosen one would be one of the people behind this plot. it was barbarous, yes, but what other choice did they have besides barbarism? what choice would anyone have facing a situation like this? lives were on the line, and if a few innocent victims died along the way, maybe it would be worth it. maybe the survivors would be able to justify it to themselves.

"god help us all, we're going to find the bastards," someone says. who it was that actually delivered this promise has been lost to the annals of history, but one thing is certain: success or failure would come all too soon.

votecount 1.0113 players not voting (Nero Cain, Ausuka, Lovebird, the worst, Porkens, Chickadee, Momrangal, Iconeum, profii, Kokichi Oma, Bins, vonflare, Lil Uzi Vert)

with 13 votes, it takes 7 to lynch.

as of this votecount, you have (expired on 2018-04-27 10:20:00).
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:20 am

Post by vonflare »

doot
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:20 am

Post by Bins »

HELLO
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:21 am

Post by vonflare »

hi how are you
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:22 am

Post by Bins »

good thank u

i suggest QL

VOTE: nero

gtkas
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:29 am

Post by vonflare »

with 13 players the game could be lylo in at most 6 game-days

that's 5 RL days per game day, however night phases can be up to 48 hours and I assume scum would drag that out as long as possible so if we don't consistently lynch scum we only have 72 hours per day phase if we budget for 3p lylo

I don't see this going well. we could quicklynch day 1 and use the saved time towards having longer later days? We could let the game play out normally and then if the game goes late we just speedlynch every day? We definitely need to budget our time well in the earlygame, though.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:30 am

Post by Lovebird »

Hi.

VOTE: biens
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:32 am

Post by xyzzy »

please note that night phases do not count against the 30 day limit, so if you end day 1 with a given amount of time left, you will begin day 2 with the exact same amount of time left -- sorry if that was unclear!
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:33 am

Post by Lovebird »

Night phases don't count for deadline, I think. We only need three days to lynch all scum anyways.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:34 am

Post by Lovebird »

Pedit yeah.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:34 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 12, Lovebird wrote:We only need three days to lynch all scum anyways.
ah yes of course
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:34 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 9, vonflare wrote:with 13 players the game could be lylo in at most 6 game-days

that's 5 RL days per game day, however night phases can be up to 48 hours and I assume scum would drag that out as long as possible so if we don't consistently lynch scum we only have 72 hours per day phase if we budget for 3p lylo

I don't see this going well. we could quicklynch day 1 and use the saved time towards having longer later days? We could let the game play out normally and then if the game goes late we just speedlynch every day? We definitely need to budget our time well in the earlygame, though.
I like everything about this post.

I'd say for D1 we quick lynch, but let everyone check in and lynch someone that would give us a decent amount of info. Let's aim for no more than like 72 hours.

Pedit: @Lovebird - we should still b budgeting our time.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:38 am

Post by Bins »

QUICKLYNCH FOR INFO

PLEASE LYNCH MY TOTALLY RANDOM TARGET

gtkas
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:40 am

Post by vonflare »

nero hasn't posted yet so it would be a QUICKLYNCH FOR NO INFO
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:43 am

Post by Lovebird »

I'm treating von as town until lylo. I think the mod wouldn't correct if he was scum and presumably lying to us.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:44 am

Post by Lovebird »

Or if you think it's wrong to use the mod like that can just say he had a towny enough first post.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:53 am

Post by Bins »

In post 18, Lovebird wrote:I'm treating von as town until lylo. I think the mod wouldn't correct if he was scum and presumably lying to us.
do i spot BAD REASONING

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:53 am

Post by Bins »

In post 17, vonflare wrote:nero hasn't posted yet so it would be a QUICKLYNCH FOR NO INFO
NO WAY MAN THE WAGON IS THE INFO I DON'T CARE WHAT HE SAYS

gtkas
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:00 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 20, Bins wrote:
In post 18, Lovebird wrote:I'm treating von as town until lylo. I think the mod wouldn't correct if he was scum and presumably lying to us.
do i spot BAD REASONING
no it seems fine 2 me
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

this is dumb Bins.

vote:LUV
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:15 am

Post by Ausuka »

VOTE: bins

I think ending day 1 early is a very bad idea. It gets us the most information, and we generally end up using a lot less time in the late-game anyway.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”