Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3252 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:51 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3248, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:yeah that didn't help me see very clearly but i had started day 3 with suspicion jingle might not be town. it was just hard to let it go. the more things didn't add up the more it became clear which is why i kind of backed off pun later in the day and agreed to cop jingle.
I had the right idea

I had Gork pegged and was already skeptical of Jingle again. I don't think it would've been impossible to convince you Gork was scum because you had already noticed the signs he was scum, just didn't connect it with scum dots specifically; Jingle would've been the biggest not-necessarily-town read for PoE and just exploring that would've probably outed a lot of the stuff that indicated Jingle-scum earlier.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3253 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:54 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

the fact that jjh flipped scum meant my reads were off and you were probably town. no way the last scum hard pushes his buddy to lynch for two days.
Art is cool.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3254 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3251, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:i'm sorry! :( we need more games together. i have a hard time reading you
mm

it's kind of hard to explain how to best read me, I know very well the differences between how I think as alignments, but not as much how they show up to other people

A lot of people seem to get it after seeing me as both alignments a couple times though. I guess it's not super difficult to figure out.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3255 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:01 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3253, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:the fact that jjh flipped scum meant my reads were off and you were probably town. no way the last scum hard pushes his buddy to lynch for two days.
tbf, everything I said related to why I was town was basically true.

I'm not a bad planner as scum, I'd need a very good reason to push A50 to the grave like that as scum. That doesn't exist unless I'm saving my other buddy from being lynched, and Titus had just gotten cop cleared immediately afterwards. And... well, as Jingle said, I was pretty blatantly attaching myself to Nosferatu, so that would've been a massive risk for a batch of towncred that isn't enough to endgame before people start wondering why I'm not dead yet.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3256 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:03 am

the trouble i have reading you is that it always looks to me like you're being extra sneaky and i'm always paranoid of players who look SOOOOO town all the time. which you did this game. look super town but it didn't make sense
Art is cool.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3257 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:03 am

Post by Ankamius »

well... I need to be sneaky, I don't get anything done otherwise :P
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3258 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:04 am

this was a really fun game for the most part. the mechanics were super new to me. i think jingle shot himself in the foot by giving town the correct spec rather than using town confusion to alter the narrative. in the end it was 100% the results that made me vote.
Art is cool.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3259 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:04 am

Post by Scummies »

Congratulations to the victors!

The game has drawn to a close, the jig is up! The scum have lost, but others have won!

Take a few days, think about the game. Recognize what was best in your teammates and opponents, and consider nominating them for a Scummy! Players and mods in this game may be eligible for one of the following awards:

BODY OF WORK AWARDS

Best Mafia Catcher
: Also known as the Paragon of Mafia Hunters, this award is given to the single town player who, across all of their games for the year, exhibited the best ability for nailing those dirty scumbags and bringing the bad guys to justice while playing as a pro-town role.
Rising Star
: This award is given to the player that is a rising star in the game of mafia, showing great promise to join the elite echelon of mafia players. This award replaces both the Best Newbie award and Most Improved Player awards, and judges may consider elements of both those previous awards in deciding this award.
Excellent Moderation
: Also known as the “The Modfather” Award. This award is given to the moderator who, over the course of the past year, exemplifies the best qualities of a moderator in the operation of the game, including but not limited to quality and frequency of vote counts, organization of the game, dealing with issues that arise, keeping players active, and so forth. Judges may consider how challenging the games a moderator ran were, but they shall not penalize a moderator for only running more basic games. A mod must run at least 3 games to completion in the calendar year to be considered for this award.
SINGLE GAME - PLAYER

Most Cunning Manipulator
: Also known as the “Don Corleone” Award. Awarded to the player who has the strongest single game performance as mafia. In rare cases, where a player feels an entire scumteam gelled to create a strong cohesive scum performance, multiple members of a team may be nominated.
Best Performance Third Party
: Also known as the “Hannibal Lecter” Award. Awarded to the player or players that performed the most impressively in winning their game as a third party.
Most Memorable Event
: Also known as the “Kodak Moment” Award. Awarded to the player or players who were involved in the most memorable event in a game of mafia. Fake claims, funny claims, awesome exchanges, etc. may all be considered for this award
SINGLE GAME - MODERATOR

Best Setup
: Also known as the “Rube Goldberg” Award. Given to the moderator who designed the best setup. Judges may consider the roles involved in a game, how those roles interacted, how balanced a setup was, whether it furthered any particular theme, how the setup interacts with a mechanic, or any other factors the judges deem relevant. This award is distinct, however, from the “Best Mechanic” award in that it does not consider how good or bad any change to the basic way a Mafia game is played.
Best Flavor Text
: Also known as the “Paperback Writer” Award. Given to the moderator who wrote the most compelling flavor text. Judges should consider the flavor text of all parts of the game, including Role PMs and Day/Night scenes. Where appropriate, Judges may consider how well the flavor works with the announced theme.
Best Mechanic/Mutation
: Also known as the "Mad Scientist” Award. Given to the moderator who figured out the most compelling way to change the basic mechanics of the game of mafia, and/or created the most compelling new role or adaptation to increase player enjoyment. Judges shall consider both the basic idea behind the game as well as how well it was executed, and the uniqueness and quality of the role/adaptation.
SITE AWARDS

Game of the Year
: Also known as the “Player’s Choice” Award. This award is given to the moderator of a game. It is given in recognition of the overall excellence of a game. The Game of the Year award is a "catch all" award for the best overall game throughout the entire year, considering all aspects of the game from moderator quality, to the excellent design and composition of the game, to the performance and cohesion of the playerlist. A Game of the Year is meant to be the game that we can all point to later and say "This game was the best game the site could offer that year in terms of Design, Playerlist, and moderating capability." This is a PUBLIC VOTE. [/color]

The
2018 Scummies thread
is located here.
You may nominate a player or moderator for an award using this form.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3260 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:06 am

that was also the problem i had listening to anything otm said. the whole argument about jingles setup spec was super super wrong.

pedit ???
Art is cool.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3261 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:17 am

Post by mastina »

After the end of every game, a Scummies announcement is posted. I'm PRETTY sure the town won this one, which would make "the scum have lost" be the appropriate announcement, yes?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3262 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:24 am

yeah. that's a new thing i guess. haven't seen that done before.

also i'm glad you were town but your posts were too long
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3263 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:27 am

i would have read them more thoroughly and probably gotten a better read on you if they were easier to digest.
Art is cool.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3264 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Ankamius »

congrats on 6666 posts mastina
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3265 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3264, Ankamius wrote:congrats on 6666 posts mastina
To think that's just on this account. When you throw in my two prior accounts...
22706 posts, across ~2776 days (if I did my math right), out of 9889944 posts, giving me 8.179394812680115 posts/day and 0.2295867398238049% of the board's total posts altogether.

Of course, that ignores alts and hydra, which would bump it up even more, but fuck no I'm not compiling all of those. :P
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3266 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 3240, Creature wrote:Yey a free win
My contribution was almost nothing to this game~
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3267 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by Jingle »

FTR, I almost never shoot ETL (it's actually a REALLY good argument for me to be town if she dies), the setup spec was definitely the correct choice for town given specifically the 6/5 investigation split because that meant we more likely than not had random cop deaths on L1 and N1 (which I neglected to mention because mentioning that had the potential to take OTM off of their setup spec tunnel which was causing a lot of the confusion/dysfunction in the thread), and I kind of shot myself in foot by defending A50 instead of bussing.

Ank was definitely the scariest member of the town, and her replacement was the beginning of the end for us, because that's when I started losing control of the thread.

The nightkills were pretty simple. Ging was a wildcard without much presence and with less lynchability. Killing there kept all of the big 1v1s alive, didn't throw suspicion on any member of my team and did have the chance of making someone push pun (yeah, I knew about the Ging pun relationship going into the game.)

Ank didn't die because that was as good as hanging a sign around gork's neck reading "LYNCH HERE!" Additionally, I was fairly confident in my ability to get the townread from her. :P SGBA on the other hand was no longer providing and background noise I could hide behind, tn can be a scary fuck, and 23 people is a lot of eyes that could choose to take a look at the thread and screw me. Of course, only like 4 of the people in the hydra were likely to do so, but...

The last nightkill really didn't matter too much. I had to kill in the conftown and the people who had previously investigated people as scum, to keep the odds of getting an accurate result on me minimal. My only hope at that point was lynching both pun and eddie, an uphill battle to say the least, and insane luck on the cop end of the spectrum. Basically though, I knew I was fucked when A50 flipped. At that point, I was the perfect bus target for gork/jjh, but neither of them really had the desire to push the thread around or the position to take the game over.

I could not have NOT argued correct townplay in this game. Both ETL and pun would have lynched me D1 for it. The goal was pretty much always to get enough towncred to burn on a mislynch and then let town kill me, inserting paranoia into all of the plans I laid, which were just vague enough to allow town to misunderstand and accidentally screw themselves over.

Further, Eddie/pun and OTM/Titus/SGBA all needed to stay alive as long as possible to keep the town from organizing around anyone other than me.

Also, worth noting is that Eddie's logic on me (BoP) was hilariously bad, but fighting back on it would have been counterproductive. I loltunnel town in pretty much every game I've ever played. Basically, my scumreads are easily the worst part of my townplay. My townreads are really only worth their salt when I've done extensive research into the player in question. I may have read a bunch of your games (I will neither confirm nor deny that I have :P,) but you were never the target of my meta-ing.

Oh. And I outright lied about my tell on Mulch being an Elli tell. We did discuss his play briefly in the modchat, but I compiled my reasoning there all on my own. The thing that he did that made him locktown in this game, FWIW, is agree to drop his plan to outpost the hydra early. Mulch thinks that spamposting to demoralize town is a good scum strategy, and he had a legitimate excuse to do so. Letting that drop in order to work with a townread and let said townread pull together other players was possibly the most town thing he could possibly do, when one considers that he had absolutely no pressure to do so other than a single request and no reason to believe it would make townJingle certain he was town.

I feel like there are other things I could go over in regard to this game, but nothing springs to mind. The tl;dr of it is despite the fact that various members of the town did play very well, I feel that Ank was quite clearly the town MVP here. Well done, and congrats on the win :)
This is a Parachute.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3268 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Sorry for bailing jingle/smith.
Honestly feel like shit for not being able to play well enough to match how well you were playing.
I don't think I was in a good mindspace to even try to salvage my slot and I definitely needed to get off the site.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3269 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Sorry Gork

Hugs
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3270 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:21 pm

jingle you know this game just increases the chance that i will never townread you again yah lol
Art is cool.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3271 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Punreader »

In post 3238, Ankamius wrote:
Punreader

I go into your identity a bit in my private pt
Do you want me to ask mhsmith to blank those references before having it released?
Sure.
Let me give an Alternative perspective.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3272 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 3267, Jingle wrote:FTR, I almost never shoot ETL (it's actually a REALLY good argument for me to be town if she dies), the setup spec was definitely the correct choice for town given specifically the 6/5 investigation split because that meant we more likely than not had random cop deaths on L1 and N1 (which I neglected to mention because mentioning that had the potential to take OTM off of their setup spec tunnel which was causing a lot of the confusion/dysfunction in the thread), and I kind of shot myself in foot by defending A50 instead of bussing.

Ank was definitely the scariest member of the town, and her replacement was the beginning of the end for us, because that's when I started losing control of the thread.

The nightkills were pretty simple. Ging was a wildcard without much presence and with less lynchability. Killing there kept all of the big 1v1s alive, didn't throw suspicion on any member of my team and did have the chance of making someone push pun (yeah, I knew about the Ging pun relationship going into the game.)

Ank didn't die because that was as good as hanging a sign around gork's neck reading "LYNCH HERE!" Additionally, I was fairly confident in my ability to get the townread from her. :P SGBA on the other hand was no longer providing and background noise I could hide behind, tn can be a scary fuck, and 23 people is a lot of eyes that could choose to take a look at the thread and screw me. Of course, only like 4 of the people in the hydra were likely to do so, but...

The last nightkill really didn't matter too much. I had to kill in the conftown and the people who had previously investigated people as scum, to keep the odds of getting an accurate result on me minimal. My only hope at that point was lynching both pun and eddie, an uphill battle to say the least, and insane luck on the cop end of the spectrum. Basically though, I knew I was fucked when A50 flipped. At that point, I was the perfect bus target for gork/jjh, but neither of them really had the desire to push the thread around or the position to take the game over.

I could not have NOT argued correct townplay in this game. Both ETL and pun would have lynched me D1 for it. The goal was pretty much always to get enough towncred to burn on a mislynch and then let town kill me, inserting paranoia into all of the plans I laid, which were just vague enough to allow town to misunderstand and accidentally screw themselves over.

Further, Eddie/pun and OTM/Titus/SGBA all needed to stay alive as long as possible to keep the town from organizing around anyone other than me.

Also, worth noting is that Eddie's logic on me (BoP) was hilariously bad, but fighting back on it would have been counterproductive. I loltunnel town in pretty much every game I've ever played. Basically, my scumreads are easily the worst part of my townplay. My townreads are really only worth their salt when I've done extensive research into the player in question. I may have read a bunch of your games (I will neither confirm nor deny that I have :P,) but you were never the target of my meta-ing.

Oh. And I outright lied about my tell on Mulch being an Elli tell. We did discuss his play briefly in the modchat, but I compiled my reasoning there all on my own. The thing that he did that made him locktown in this game, FWIW, is agree to drop his plan to outpost the hydra early. Mulch thinks that spamposting to demoralize town is a good scum strategy, and he had a legitimate excuse to do so. Letting that drop in order to work with a townread and let said townread pull together other players was possibly the most town thing he could possibly do, when one considers that he had absolutely no pressure to do so other than a single request and no reason to believe it would make townJingle certain he was town.

I feel like there are other things I could go over in regard to this game, but nothing springs to mind. The tl;dr of it is despite the fact that various members of the town did play very well, I feel that Ank was quite clearly the town MVP here. Well done, and congrats on the win :)
It’s kinda sad I couldn’t really comment as I felt using it either way would be cheating but you trying to push me for backup and I couldn’t remember actually mad me look at your slot.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3273 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

Ank for town MVP!
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3274 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:18 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 3267, Jingle wrote:Also, worth noting is that Eddie's logic on me (BoP) was hilariously bad, but fighting back on it would have been counterproductive. I loltunnel town in pretty much every game I've ever played. Basically, my scumreads are easily the worst part of my townplay. My townreads are really only worth their salt when I've done extensive research into the player in question. I may have read a bunch of your games (I will neither confirm nor deny that I have ,) but you were never the target of my meta-ing
still doesnt mattwr bruh. you had garbage reasons that did NOT at all sound like the genuine town jungle I've spectsted. BoP isnt just having a wrong read, its the arguments. those were not townie genuine loltunnelling. also, the night kills had to be from someone who didnt want to stir the thread up.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”