Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:14 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Let me know if any questions
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:43 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1898, Feysal wrote:What happens in a three way tie between two fortunates and one scum? Does the scum get lynched without having to draw straws?
Correct. The scum will be lynched without drawing straws.

In post 1898, Feysal wrote:Is self voting allowed?
Nope.
I mostly just lurk now.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:21 am

Post by Feysal »

Well, so much about that idea then. Without self voting there is no way to get a three way tie.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:33 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

SORRY SORRY I am getting to this but I've been really busy recently BUT I'll be free within 24 hours from this post so sorry
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

It's fine.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:59 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

Okay, I've got this, I'm about to sleep now but once I wake up I'll be free! :D Sorry for taking so long, but I know I can do this :)
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:07 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Its fine
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Feysal »

Last post over three days ago. Looks like I have to resort to a prod dodge.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Okay, LET'S ROLL
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Rolling
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:33 am

Post by mutantdevle »

- If there is no real content within the next 48 hours I might have to start slapping some people.
I mostly just lurk now.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 1911, mutantdevle wrote:
- If there is no real content within the next 48 hours I might have to start slapping some people.
Please don't slap me I'm here wooo
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 1898, Feysal wrote:
In post 1873, Myloninja13 wrote:Why do you think the other person made the night kills?
I don't think most of them require much explanation. Most of them were widely town read, and therefore difficult or impossible to mislynch, which is reason enough to kill them. Enigma is the only exception that stands out. GuiltyLion speculated that he could have slipped or crumbed or hinted at being fortunate, but if he did, I never noticed. I think that would have been a weak reason anyway, with a high risk of hitting an unfortunate instead, as he was. The most likely reason I can think of is that he suspected Kokichi. Enigma last voted Kokichi before being killed, and was the only person to do so besides Creative, who was lynched. Apart from that, you can see the suspicion in multiple posts from Enigma, including , , and .
In post 1416, Enigma wrote:Throw Feysal in there. I definitely TR Elephant, Ofrhz and Feysal the most.
Conf is a strong word unless its mod or mechanic confirmed haha, I like townread better, so I don't embarrass myself end game.

Don't mind if I'm not conftown though, just would be nice not to be lynched haha.
My lynch pool is {Pine, Fridays, Kokichi}
Not only was Kokichi the last one left in Enigma's lynch pool when he died, I challenge anyone to explain why I would kill Enigma over GuiltyLion after he said this about me.
In post 1887, Myloninja13 wrote:AHHH what am I even talking about?? Koki is Obv!Town here, and Feysal is Obv!Town, and really I'm scum here!
Why not vote yourself then?

I am joking, but I actually considered this yesterday. We have two fortunates and one scum left alive. If we could organize a three way tie, because of the special voting powers of fortunates, the scum would automatically be lynched in a tie without having to draw straws. Only problem is there is no way to guarantee a three way tie.

Scratch that. I'm not joking. I just had an idea as I was writing this which would increase the chance of town victory from 1/2 to 2/3.

Here is how it works. You must choose randomly who to vote, and include
yourself
in the lynch pool. Roll a die or something. 1 or 2, you vote me. 3 or 4, you vote Kokichi. 5 or 6, you vote yourself. This works because scum does not only need to convince you to vote town. Scum needs you to vote the
same
town scum is voting! By including yourself as an option, you will force scum to guess who they should vote, which increases town odds considerably.

If you vote yourself, and scum votes you, scum wins. Probability of this is 1/3 * 1/2 = 1/6.
If you vote town, and scum votes town, scum wins. Probability is 1/3 * 1/2 = 1/6.
If you vote yourself, but scum votes town, scum loses. Probability is 1/3 * 1/2 = 1/6.
If you vote town, but scum votes you, scum loses. Probability is 1/3 * 1/2 = 1/6.
If you vote scum, it does not matter who scum votes, because the other town always votes scum. Scum loses, and the probability is 1/3.
In total, this gives town a 2/3 chance of victory.

Just to make sure I got this right, I need to ask the mod.

@Mod:

What happens in a three way tie between two fortunates and one scum? Does the scum get lynched without having to draw straws?

Is self voting allowed?
Woah, thanks for this post but now I like have to break it up into pieces lol.

First up, yes, Enigma did scumread Koki and then get killed. Which at first glance is bad for Koki but at the same point this comes back to head VS. gut because you know he was doing that means it's a super easy suspicion NK. Besides, as scum!you, I don't see what's all too crazy about killing Enigma here? At that point everyone seemed to be townreading you and Enigma, despite GL's suspicion, was not a very viable mislynch. And I'm pretty sure GL in particular was townreading you just as strongly anyway?

But then we get to this which is something I immediately panicked about lol, because I'd actually PLANNED to do this. I asked Mutant what would happen in a 3-way tie with two town and he said that the scum would be lynched. At first I was annoyed because if koki is scum you just told them the plan and meant that I couldn't safely self-vote, but as found out on the next page it wouldn't have worked regardless :(

Anyway, this maths is pretty cool and checks out, but considering it doesn't matter I can't reaaally give town points to it? Not as much as I'd wanted to.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:45 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 1899, Feysal wrote:Some thoughts about that thought dump... I don't know why you would be troubled by my switch to Ofrhz. If you knew me better, you might even view it as a town tell. If I were scum, I would need to worry about appearances, and try to be reasonable and consistent with my reads. As town, I would be more likely to change my mind, being free from such concerns. Besides, I thought I had explained why I switched. The reasons Ofrhz suspected me for were so bad I did not believe they came from town, I thought he had an agenda to have me lynched. I was also pissed off. I try to be calm and logical as I play, but I'm not above getting angry. That was something Ofrhz was wrong about in his final analysis by the way. I don't think I have ever tried to appeal to emotions. If I sound angry, it is because I am. That post he quoted was in fact a bah post, written when I thought I had been speedlynched straight out of V/LA, and being unable to do anything about it because there was not even enough time for me to catch up.

As for my scum play being similar to my play here, well, you asked. I don't like to talk about my own meta, since it has gotten me in trouble with people who disagreed with my interpretation, but I have in fact never lied about it. Anyway, just because I mimic my town play as scum does not mean there are no differences. I already mentioned my level of effort and motivation as examples. As scum I also might not share my best ideas with the town. My first post in this game, where I said people should say in their last will when they became fortunate, is something I might keep to myself if I were scum. The post above about the merits of voting yourself, definitely.
AHhh so the first paragraph is really fair and it's a fair point. Koki flipping from not wanting you to wanting you is probably more suspicious than you going for Ofrhz.

The second paragraph can be a bit WIFOM but aside from the last sentence it's pretty reasonable.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:45 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

You guys aren't making this easy :(
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 1901, Kokichi Oma wrote:Let me know if any questions
I've got one for you :D

If you were scum here with Pine, how would you ideally play with him? I.e, would you mention him early, defend him, ignore him etc. ?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:48 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

See I WAS leaning Feysal now but from that I have to go back into 50/50 either way!
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 580, Kokichi Oma wrote:OR I just got on my fucking lunch break and wanted to post before getting in the car. You guys are being ridiculous and making the game unfun. I want to contribute but every time I try you guys say some bullshit that is over analyzing. Please realize that people have lives and sometimes can't post 6 times in a row or whatever you're doing because they need to go and just want to post something then go. I think we still have at least 3 days? I dont get the panic. Like I'm legit waiting 20 minutes to post this post. The one quote above was 15 mins ago but I'm waiting for this spamming bullshit.
See this post just rings out Town!Koki. I really struggle to see scum!Koki posting this.

BUT I also see that on a few Feysal posts so AHHHH
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:53 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 800, Kokichi Oma wrote:272

I think mylo is legitimately just VLA and not avoiding the game
Thanks!

On another note, I need to make sure neither of y'all are trying to buddy me lol
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 914, Feysal wrote:I was looking forward to a more interesting challenge, and this is frankly disappointing. Our odds of guessing correctly twice are only 26%, and that is without scum interference. That said, I have thought of
one
strategy that may be beneficial to us, but I can't talk about it yet. If I forget to bring it up, remind me.

The good thing about this challenge is that there is no time limit. We can discuss reads to our hearts' content.

I think Chickadee may be town. Those posts about confirming whether we could share our last wills does not look like something that would even occur to scum, since they'd have to fabricate a townish last will anyway.

I don't think I've ever had such a strong town read on someone before they even posted once, but I got one from Northsidegal. Yes, posting your reads would be an easy way for a scum replacement to look good, but I really doubt those reads came from scum, particularly Myloninja. His activity makes him lynchbait, and I don't believe scum would speak that strongly on his behalf.

My last will was only a reminder to share when you became fortunate in your last will. And apparently since we have to write our last will before the new fortunate is chosen, if a fortunate dies with no mention of it, we have to assume they were chosen the same night they died.

Ehhhhh this post doesn't look to good with defending Chickadee :(
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Okay, I feel like putting this off for any longer is kinda pointless lol. I'll just give like you guys some time if you want to respond to anything I posted and then just do the challenge.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1916, Myloninja13 wrote:
In post 1901, Kokichi Oma wrote:Let me know if any questions
I've got one for you :D

If you were scum here with Pine, how would you ideally play with him? I.e, would you mention him early, defend him, ignore him etc. ?
He wasnt getting too much pressure in the beginning. It was mostly me bringing up things that were scummy. So as scum with him I would have focused my attention elsewhere. Probably not voted the easy lynch (who ever was lynched day 1) as future towncred and maybe voted the next scummiest town to set up for day 2
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1919, Myloninja13 wrote:
In post 800, Kokichi Oma wrote:272

I think mylo is legitimately just VLA and not avoiding the game
Thanks!

On another note, I need to make sure neither of y'all are trying to buddy me lol
I said this cause heroes wanted mafia you were VLA and were town I think
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:55 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Thanks for responding Koki!

Imma re-read and then do the challenge :) So, speak now or forever hold your peace (Until post-game discussion I suppose lol)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”