DuckSideOfTheMoon
DuckSideOfTheMoon
Goon
DuckSideOfTheMoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:53 am

Post by DuckSideOfTheMoon »

In post 1371, Ankamius wrote:Saske, there is only one way to happen upon the gimmick without making it blindingly obvious that it was hit, and anyone hitting it in that specific way on D1 is a fairly strong town tell if anything.

Obviously this is all irrelevant if this never happened, but I'll know for sure once I know what DRKs role is or at least the general basis behind it
I do not understand this and I'm gonna need you to explain it in a lot of detail when we massclaiming tomorrow :?
hydra of the worst and skygazer
DuckSideOfTheMoon
DuckSideOfTheMoon
Goon
DuckSideOfTheMoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:58 am

SIMYK brassherald's post count and wordcount were substantially higher than I'd expect from him as scum here. he also flaked around the same time as the gamestate felt like it was unplayable and the way he fleshed all of his thoughts out and engaged with other slots doesn't make me feel like he was playing in his scum meta. yeah focusing on nitpicky points is an easy way to slide under the radar but I feel like nitpicking at the cost of charisma is so substantially far from how brass usually approaches a scumgame?

if this was a scumgame of brass' he played it like spectacularly well

Pants has been frustratingly unfocused but I'm not convinced the slot is scum. I think I kinda see where you're coming from with Vizzy/Pants associatives but I'm just not convinced this slot is red. :c
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis »

It is more the Invis/ELA interactions that make me feel that way; though I will concede that it makes more sense to use ELA to millerize Panth than it does to randomly pick ELA of all townies to godfatherize Panth? Obviously that cannot be much weight in deciding between the two BUT that should be something we crystalize tomorrow rather than today. Invisibility+ELA lynch is fine by me since becauase if ELA flips town and Invisibility flips scum we know Panth is very likely mafia!
"I feel like you were probably what your slot needed. A powerful, respectful, and unwavering voice. Good job." - Gamma Emerald

"I have long since closed my eyes. My only goal is in the darkness." - Saske
DuckSideOfTheMoon
DuckSideOfTheMoon
Goon
DuckSideOfTheMoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:27 pm

yeah, that works for me.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 1363, DuckSideOfTheMoon wrote:
In post 1361, Invisibility wrote:people vote me
why are you calling for people to vote you now?
1 day
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 1374, DuckSideOfTheMoon wrote:
In post 1369, SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis wrote:
In post 1357, Invisibility wrote:1. the whole point of the phylactery comment is that i was saying that you're logic is incorrect as you claim that this is a contradiction when i havent been put in this situation before. its supposed to show that your logic is incorrect by using your logic.
Ahiru-tan you know what I am trying to get from this, correct? The phylactery comment does NOT make sense with personality profiles but I do not comprehend the proper way to articulate it at this point...
the way vizzy is backing up his knee-jerk discreddy response doesn't fill me with much confidence that my read on him is wrong

I'm like fairly sure vizzy would understand what you're getting at in a manner of speaking but @vizzy if you want to talk about it in realtime I think I can explain where SIMYK is coming from. it's a similar way to how I read certain players--when they're in the ~zone~ and playing as their preferred alignment certain personality aspects will leak through pretty quickly, and often when they're playing the other alignment other personality aspects leak through

if that makes sense? but given your level of self awareness I kind of feel like you already know this...
hi
DuckSideOfTheMoon
DuckSideOfTheMoon
Goon
DuckSideOfTheMoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:06 pm

@dram
any chance of a deadline extension please?
the lurk is so real ;c
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:41 pm

Post by dramonic »

I'll give it an extra 48h, but get on it people
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:41 pm

Post by dramonic »

also votecount tonight
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:44 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

I've seen a scum making day double lynchable

It was like a punishment for the scum team if they were using another utility. I don't know if dram is the type of mode to use it though
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:46 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

I also think that town doesn't need two trackers and panth is scum for being one. I really need to catch up since last time I was here.

SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:54 am

Invisibility is always the correct lynch here even if Panth is in fact scum... I do believe a lot of the roles overlap with each other (I am VERY similar to Pine's role BUT intended to target townreads rather than scumreads) and Panth's role is much less reliable than a trackers since because you only see whom has the bees ever. So for example:
  • D1 Pantheon sends the BEES to Frozen Angel
  • N1 Frozen Angel visits Kokichi and therefore gives him BEES
  • on D2 Pantheon knows that Kokichi AND Frozen angel have BEES and sends the BEES to Ahiru-tan
  • IF Frozen Angel or Kokichi target anyone N2 THEN Pantheon does not know who visited whom. So if Frozen Angel targets me, Ahiru-tan targets CJ, and Kokichi targets Panth THEN it is entirely possible for Frozen Angel to have visited CJ or Panth and Kokichi to have visited me or CJ!
so WHILE it can be used to verify visits it is not as strong as a tracker since the information gradually becomes MORE convoluted in favor of increasing the cop aspect of the role's investigation pool. Also if I am understanding the role wrong you are entitled to facepalm at me... but that is how I read the role pm (눈_ლ)

ifyou need a big post explaining why invisibility is the CORRECT lynch today I can do that later as well. BUT as it is we should see that the scumteam probably looks something like Invisibility/ONE of ELA or Panth/{Fiery/DRK/Ank} just off of mechanics.
"I feel like you were probably what your slot needed. A powerful, respectful, and unwavering voice. Good job." - Gamma Emerald

SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:59 am

ALSO arigatou for the extension HOPEFULLY we can secrue the lynch we need now

DRK you are voting for someone near mechanically confirmed town so at the very least let us initiate with retransmitting that vote?

EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:10 am

Post by EeveeLution Army »

In post 1377, SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis wrote:It is more the Invis/ELA interactions that make me feel that way; though I will concede that it makes more sense to use ELA to millerize Panth than it does to randomly pick ELA of all townies to godfatherize Panth? Obviously that cannot be much weight in deciding between the two BUT that should be something we crystalize tomorrow rather than today. Invisibility+ELA lynch is fine by me since becauase if ELA flips town and Invisibility flips scum we know Panth is very likely mafia!

How is that?
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:18 am

Which aspect are you inquiring of?

I perceive Invisibility's scumread of you and relaxation of it to be a weird interaction that seems strange to come deliberately from two partners, and the mechanics point to you being the scum between Panth/You since because I ponder it makes more sense to select a team member of your own to millerize someone than to pick someone out of a hat from the other team to disguise Panth as town.

Perehaps scum!Invisibility with scum!Panth using you to CONCEAL Panth's alignment or track did so because it makes sense from a town!Invisibility's prespective to draw the kill onto you BUT that also makes little sense as a town action since because Pantheon was never getting night killed in the first place so I'm not really sure?

BUT like I said it is kind of an unreliable situation to use occam's razor because I could be wrong about Invisibility being scum (this is VERY unlikely at this point JUST because of how claims are being revealed) OR the intention of the bus drive in the first place. I do not want to firmly base a suspicion on a false premise.

Basically I think PLAY points to Pantheon and MECHANICS point to you (as we do not possess cognition of your role identity). Both are reliable and unreliable in their own ways. The best way theoretically to sort it would be for a massclaim to occur BUT we have to do two or no lynches today so YA.

All I can allocate certainty to is that Invisibility is the most likely person to flip mafia.

SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:20 am

ALSO if you are town I think it would be a good idea to piece together final reads and vote for invisibility so we can ensure we do not run over the deadline again.

If you have an alternative argument that we can discuss publicly as to whom would be a better second choice for the lynch that would also be helpful to locate onto the proverbial table!

EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:24 am

In post 1210, Fiery Angel wrote:Yosh caught up.

Vote:invi

Boy is scum, spend forever tunneling Kokichi who imo was obv town still, pushed all the blame at the end o deadline we have to lynch, and the moment that ends abd flips town goes after the easiest targets based on activity.

I was initially going to vote pant after fa claim but we have confirmation from ank about visiting stuff.

BTW is anyone up fir lynching 2 people today? I can make it happen if you feel comfortable enough on getting two scum. Invi duck perhaps? Or Invi, kitty.

I kinda dislike this. What were your thoughts on him during the tunnel of kokichi if you can reliably answer this.
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:26 am

I have also failed to acknowledge the slim possinbility where ELA and Pantheon are BOTH scum with invisibility but I think thisis incredulously implausible

IF scum!Invisibility is anticipating Pantheon to be investigated, moving onto ELA would only protect him from a tracker or a vigshot (which would still hurt scum) so it appears to be a very MINUS SCUM EXPECTED VALUE play to me.

I preposterise Invisibility/Pantheon/ELA would busdrive Pantheon and CJ instead.

pedit: What dost thou dislike about it specifically?

I think it could easily be a S/S Vote for the purpose of the record and I think it is also scum's best play to go along with the lynch, especially if you are town.

EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:31 am

He didn't suspect invis until that post. In fact idt he ever interacted with him before then.
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:37 am

Spoiler: Fiery Angle SUPPORTING Kokichi
In post 429, Fiery Angel wrote:Except as he said, claiming dies absolutely nothing if he lies., furthermore exactly because it would look susoucious6claiminh like he did is why scum with a role that screw up town wouldn't claim anything, it drops the chances of people actually targeting them to imo less than random by making it purely blind trust on a suspicious claim which is nonsensical for scum to do(we don't even take into account here the attraction it gets)
For town though that needs only one to target them and doesn't want to risk random chance, if they find it important, it makes sense because it can make at least 1 person to target them via trust(or even scum that might get a bit uneasy)

Scum prefer random and no attraction cause it maximises potential quantity(if anything playing a bit scummy to attract people to check him is the best play) to screw the most amount of people.
Town doesn't care about quantity nor attention, it makes more sense to claim in order to gain the trust of at least 1 person to target him in order to help town as a whole
In post 614, Fiery Angel wrote:
In post 603, EeveeLution Army wrote:
In post 411, Fiery Angel wrote:
In post 381, DeathRowKitty wrote:Huh? You believe Kokichi to be essentially 100% town, right? Even given that perspective, do you consider the range of possibilities of what might happen tonight around his role satisfactory? If so, I would love to hear what you think the range of possibilities is, that you could possibly find it satisfactory.
No, not a 100% obviously.

We don't really need to know his role, not yet at least. Learning potentially if someone targets him. Effects is satisfactory.

What do you think now that no one has targetted him?

fixed, i hope
My opinion on him hasn't really changed, I sm saddened that nobody trusted him but such is life.
In post 684, Fiery Angel wrote:
In post 683, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 680, Fiery Angel wrote:Fa fill me in on what has happened, I am left behind.
nearly nothing

brass and kokichi are calling each other scum
brass full claimed something strange for no reason and disappeared afterward
The hell why?

Apart of me worried thatis a byproduct of just being a lurky slot, I think the read makes at least somewhat sense since she was always an avid supporter of kokichi which is why I townread her in the first place

But ya that's othrewise a good point

EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:30 am

If he seriously wanted to defend kokichi why didn't he push invis sooner/before the flip?
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by Invisibility »

uh wahtae
DuckSideOfTheMoon
DuckSideOfTheMoon
Goon
DuckSideOfTheMoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:44 pm

I'm like
really worried FA and ELA have both checked in without throwing votes down
that being said I actually kinda like ELA's last few posts and like... to quote the great Ruby Red, wolfy pop in

@FA given you're like, good at mafia and seem to get a lot out of real time interactions why so quiet here?
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

cause I'm dealing with a work crisis and other stuff and I haven't had time to read the game - even as slow as this is properly

I have a poe at this point but its messy with so much missed/confused details. I think invis is a good vote I need to reread saske slot. I'm not sure what I think about fiery

I'm pretty much just lost about your slot. not sure about drk. have no idea what to make of eevee.

I think eevee should die as her ability is probably copying dead people and she has an extra kill for scum tonight and I fear thats why she is not claiming.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I see you all/read tomorrow morning my time. I have so much to do tonight.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”