Town
Bulletproof Dolphin
Something_Smart
Dead
Town Soloist
Town
Vengestump

Spoiler: Events
BulletNLynchproof replaced TheHolySpirit in setup phase.
CheekyTeeky replaced TiphaineDeath in card selection phase.
Vaxkiller replaces lane0168 Day 1.
Eragon replaces alban Day 1.
Almost50 replaces NicoRobin Day 1.
ceejayvinoya Lynched Day 1.
POTUS “Killed” Night 1.
Chara Replaces CheekyTeeky Day 2.
Xtoxm replaces Invisibility Day 2.
theslimer3 Lynched Day 2.
Vaxkiller killed Night 2.
Kokichi Oma replaces Carcalilly Day 3.
Almost50 Lynched Day 3.
Eragon and BnL Eliminated Night 3.
Aristophanes replaces his hydra Shock Value Day 4.
RCEnigma Lynched Day 4. Kokichi Oma Killed Night 4.
Something_Smart Lynched Day 5. Aristophanes and Xtoxm Stumped Day 5. Chara survived to endgame!
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:40 am, edited 25 times in total.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Rules

(Shamelessly stolen from Firebringer, who took from other moderators)

General
  1. I am the Mod and what I say goes. I reserve the right to change the rules or modkill/force-replace players as I see fit. If this happens, all players will be made aware of this fact.
  2. That being said it is very possible I may make a mistake, no one's perfect, if you see a mistake, let me know. If you have questions, comments or whatever feel free to PM me.
  3. Preface all in-thread messages to the mod with
    @Mod
  4. Punishment for breaking any of the following rules is on a case-by-case basis and is therefore not fixed.
  5. This is a game. Play to win, and have fun, because what’s the point if it’s not fun?
  6. DO NOT TALK ABOUT ONGOING GAMES.

7. Do not quote mod communication or out-of-thread communication. Paraphrasing of both is allowed. You may not post post-by-post logs of external communications, however you may refer to specific posts.
  8. Mod decisions and commentary is in no way indicative of alignments or roles unless specifically indicated.
  9. All Global Site Rules Apply
  10. All Normal Mafia Rules Apply

Posting and Voting
  1. I hereby reserve the color
    FF8000
    for mod use. Don't use it.
  2. Do not use invisible, encrypted, or ridiculously small text. Everything posted in the game thread should be public. Keep font sizes above tiny as a general rule.
  3. All votes should be written in the VOTE: Player tag. Bolded votes are acceptable but make sure to write the word vote into your vote. Unvotes are helpful, but not necessary.
  4. Votes may
    not
    be contained inside quote, code, area, or spoiler tags.
  5. A lynch is reached when day ends and a majority of all players, half players alive plus one, are voting for the same person.
    This game is majority lynching, with the possibility for plurality lynches via role effects.
    If plurality, is on at deadlines end if no majority is reached the person with the most votes is lynched. If there is a tie the person who reached the current highest number of votes first is lynched.

Activity and Deadlines
  1. This games has day phases last 14 real life days and night phases that last 2 real life days.
  2. Failure to post once every 48 hours, will result in a prod.
  3. If you fail to respond to your prod in 24 hours, you will be replaced. You may return before being replaced at the cost of an additional counted prod.
  4. If you get three prods without improvement you will automatically be replaced.
  5. If you are going V/LA please notify me in advance
  6. A replacement may request that phase be extended up to 48 hours upon replacing in.
  7. Being V/LA over the night will result in a force replacement without notice if you have not been active during your V/LA period.
  8. Groupscum have day chat this game.

Setup Info
  1. This is a Grandest Idea Mafia game. All roles may be found in the Grand Idea Mafia thread.
  2. 2/3 of the roles each player receives were randomized by me. the last role was personally selected by the worst. These can be any alignment and role in the Grand Idea thread, unless I deem it unfair. Jsyk I’ve commented on several things I have found unfair in the Grand Idea thread, so ISOing me should give a good peek into my mindset.
  3. When you receive your Role PMs, you must select an alignment and role from 2/3 of the cards. You may not select both from the same card. The card you do not take either <the $ekret c0de is a color starting with the last letter in your username (or if your username lacks letters, your favorite animal). Hydrae may submit a $ekret c0de of any of the heads.> from will be discarded, and will show up in the playerlist as well as a special post I will make when the setup is finalized. Your discard will have your name connected to it.
  4. The setup will be rerolled if one of the following events happens: no anti-town are present, anti-town comprise >50% of the population, or an unfun (imo, but I'll be running it by the worst) setup is generated. Be aware that events like Mafia innocent Child are up to my discretion to reroll.
  5. Alignment = Win Condition (to be more specific, if you receive a role with a unique win condition, that win condition will be representative of your alignment. So Lyncher wincon is Lyncher Alignment, Usurper wincon is Usurper alignment, etc.). This is meant to make Role PMs more comprehensible.
  6. I can't imagine I've written everything I need to get across here, so this is an extra point for whatever I forget.

The Alignments Explained
All Win Conditions Listed Here Are The Official Win Condition For That Alignment. Any Deviations Within Role PMs Should Be Ignored.
  • Town: has no factional abilities or knowledge of others aligned with them unless by role. Wins when all threats to town are eliminated and at least one town remains alive.
  • Mafia/Werewolves: Groupscum with a factional kill. Wins when it makes up a majority of the players without contest.
  • Aliens: Groupscum with one factional kill for the entire game. This is balanced by giving multiple high-impact abilities. Wins when it makes up a majority of the players without contest.
  • Cult: Groupscum with a recruiting ability that changes the target's alignment. Wins when it makes up a majority of the players without contest. If a cult leader is present the recruit ability cannot be blocked, and the cult leader dying turns all remaining cultists into Survivors. If there is no cult leader the cult must send a player to do the recruit and it can be blocked.
  • Serial Killer: Solo scum that has a nightkill, and frequently has a way to avoid being nightkilled and/or incriminated by investigative roles. Wins when all others are dead, or no living players exist. If only multiple Serial Killers are alive, all living Serial Killers win. If multiple Serial Killers were in the game and no one remains alive, all Serial Killers win.
  • Survivor: A role generally lacking abilities that must make it to the end of the game via another factions win condition. If it dies it loses the game.
  • Other alignments: Your Win Condition and factional abilities are provided in your Role PM.
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:34 am, edited 6 times in total.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

BulletNLynchproof has replaced TheHolySpirit
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Role PMs are starting to go out now
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

You have until ~28 hours from this post to send your selection, or you will be replaced sans prod.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

CheekyTeeky replaces TiphaineDeath.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

And the the moment you've all been waiting for...
DISCARD REVEALS!

Spoiler: Invisibility
Mafia Aronis

If you get 10 pagetops in a day you get a one-shot PR for that night. More pagetops equals better abilities. The list is:
10-19: tracker, vanilla cop
20-35: rolecop, whisperer
35-49: neapolitan, watcher, neighborizer
50-74: ninja*, framer*, bus driver
75-99: lawyer*, strongman*
100+: janitor*, poisoner
*this can only be obtained once, unless action fails to properly execute.

Spoiler: alban
Super Survivor

Mod will publicly confirm your role.
All other roles aligned with third party is now Survivor.

Spoiler: BulletNLynchproof
Pikachu
(self aligned)

At some point in the game before you die, you must make an at-least-subtle reference to Pokemon (mod gets final say on whether or not it counts). You win if you survive to the end of the game after doing so without anybody suggesting that you are the Pikachu. Only the first bolded accusation made by anyone during a Day phase counts as such a suggestion. You may not make such an accusation yourself.

Spoiler: Shock Value
Town Psychiatrist and Coastguard Rescue

Each night, choose a player. If they started the game as a non groupscum common antitown (SK/Survivor) you convert them to town alignment.

Spoiler: CheekyTeeky
Post Streamer

You can win with the town. You also win if you make every post on an entire page, and there are at least 15 minutes between the first and last posts on that page. You die immediately if anyone accuses you of spamming the thread.

Spoiler: ceejayvinoya
Mafia 2-shot Day Faction Counter

Twice in the game, during the day, you can request the moderator to let you know how many distinct win conditions exist among the players alive in the game.
(Two players' win conditions are the same if those players will inevitably both win or both lose, e.g. "You win when all other players are dead" is a different win condition on each player who has it.)

Spoiler: POTUS
Town vanillaizer-izer

Each night, you may target a player to have them lose all other abilities and become a vanillaizer.

Spoiler: lane0168
Mafia Taboo Ninja Strongman

You may not state your own role or alignment in thread, or you will be modkilled. (That includes omitting the taboo part.) When you perform the night kill, tracking investigatives will not be able to see you, and your kill cannot be roleblocked or protected from.

Spoiler: NicoRobin
Survivor One-Shot Miller

Once in the game, you may become a miller, allowing you to appear as guilty to all alignment checks.

Spoiler: Carcalilly
Vanilla Spook

The spook faction doesn't kill. Instead, they "possess" people. What this means is that a spook can take the role of the person they possessed. In the morning it will say that no body was found, and there will be no flip. The spook doesn't take the alignment of the person, only the role. Each spook can only possess one person.

Spoiler: theslimer3
Werewolf 1-shot Excorcist

If any player has any inherent abilities that work while the player is dead, you can target that player to disable those abilities. You may do this while the player is alive, or when the player is dead. However, if you target a living player without any inherent dead abilities, your ability will fail, but you will use your shot.

Spoiler: RCEnigma
Town Purist

Any time that a player in the game is replaced, the number of votes required to lynch you decreases permanently by 1. It cannot go below 1.

Spoiler: Something_Smart
Town Soloist

If, at any point (including pregame), you become the only town-aligned player alive, you gain the following powers for the next two days and two nights:

-You are unlynchable
-You are unnightkillable
-One-shot dayvig
-One-shot vigilante
-Cop
-Seer
-Conspiracy Theorist
-FBI Agent
-Private Investigator
-Killjoy

You may use a maximum of two different actions per night.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The game shall now have a pregame phase lasting (expired on 2018-10-13 14:40:00)
Role confirmation is not needed, however failing to post during pregame will result in an unofficial prod.
<Embrace The Void>

Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:48 am

Post by Carcalilly »

FIR 1ST
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:54 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

2econd
POTUS
POTUS
Townie
POTUS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:59 am

Post by POTUS »

3rd
4th
5th
6th
and 7th

There's a lot of us in here
__
. -- () ' . '
'| , . ,'
!_- (_\
POTUS
POTUS
Townie
POTUS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:00 am

Post by POTUS »

lol

that was supposed to look like an elephant
I'll work on it

~ele
Why not try the tab function in the bbcode options?
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
POTUS
POTUS
Townie
POTUS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:11 am

Post by POTUS »

VOTE: Something_Smart
Serious vote from a serious hydra head

.D---.
J U-U
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:14 am

Post by Invisibility »

the river runs red
the river runs RED
no winners or losers
when you count the dead
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:16 am

Post by NicoRobin »

Present.
POTUS
POTUS
Townie
POTUS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:24 am

Post by POTUS »

In post 11, POTUS wrote:Why not try the tab function in the bbcode options?
Oh yeah! mm but that sounds annoying as a signature in every post
I'll stick with my new lil guy
Do votes work in this pre-game stage?

.D---.
J U-U
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Votes in pregame will be counted by me but will not be able to lynch; they're just for fun.
<Embrace The Void>

POTUS
POTUS
Townie
POTUS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:27 am

Post by POTUS »

Carca I'm surprised you didn't go for the spook faction
Like idk your other options but the ability to steal a role in this setup sounds amazing

.D---.
J U-U
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:31 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Hi
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Invisibility »

VOTE: shock value
for discard
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Sup.

It's been a while.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:44 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Who is in the 5 headed hydra?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:45 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Hey SS welcome back!
POTUS
POTUS
Townie
POTUS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:47 am

Post by POTUS »

Irrelephant11 <--- I'm the elephant sig. Idk if any other heads will be signing but I will!
skitter30
Nauci
Keyser Soze
ErrantParabola

.D---.
J U-U
POTUS
POTUS
Townie
POTUS
Townie
Townie