Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

It bugs me that nothing in queue appeals to me.
Maybe I should get off my lazy ass and run you a game to win, A50.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:58 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 2198, Almost50 wrote:AWESOME Setup & modding, Xtoxm. Pre-in me in all your upcoming tailored setups.
Thanks, will do! :D
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:08 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2200, Varsoon wrote:It bugs me that nothing in queue appeals to me.
Maybe I should get off my lazy ass and run you a game to win, A50.
:lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Re: my not full claiming

I felt first and foremost that me claiming a weak investigative role both kills my utility and gives scum a tool. I can't really target ANYONE at that point because then scum can just shoot me and push an angle that I targeted so and so, therefore they're scum, and oh hey now theres two dead town. Especially if I now have to claim/hint who I target openly, or whatever. Being leashed like that sounded like negative utility to town and like me claiming wouldn't have helped at all. It wound up not mattering but only because I handled my role piss poorly and didnt target anyone else anyway but that way my thought process at the time..

I also didnt really see percy as being scum, as I thought both of our roles made sense? There was little investigative power, and it all had drawbacks. I was weak. He claimed an x-shot goon cop. Someone else was a 1shot cop inventor. If anything I found his claim more believable as a result of my own role. I guess I didnt put enough stake into trying to game the setup?

Uhh i had other stuff to babble but yeah constructive criticism super welcome, i was really trying to help my town babes
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2153, Varsoon wrote:I was really surprised that my big dumb push on A50 went through and was good enough that I had convinced MYSELF that he was 3P even after acknowledging you probably didn't put 3P in this game at all.
i was sooooooo annoyed when i came back and saw that he had been hammered, especially after i had just prevented it the first time around; i was pretty sure from there that the game was a loss

i'm pretty impressed that you managed to get him lynched there tbh; i def think that you guys clinched the win with that lynch.
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2156, Xtoxm wrote:There were some roles (like loved and motivator) that were viewed as town by some purely on role which I didn't quite expect. Scum could very easily have been Loved with the Alex Yu safe claim instead of voteless, and I considered that in the design phase!
i still don't know why people were townreading the loved role

and the motivator wasn't inherently townie, it was more like scum never plays it that way (either as a real or fake-claim), by claiming it n1 in a neighborhood and saying they will be conftown, and then never, like, actually proving the role.
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:59 pm

Post by implosion »

Elbirn wrote:I felt first and foremost that me claiming a weak investigative role both kills my utility and gives scum a tool. I can't really target ANYONE at that point because then scum can just shoot me and push an angle that I targeted so and so, therefore they're scum, and oh hey now theres two dead town.
I don't think this is something you need to be worried about since it's unlikely for there to be speculation about this if you're the only one that dies. Especially if you explicitly say you're not gonna target anyone. I think during massclaim, you should have just truthfully claimed your role, and said you weren't going to target anyone at this point (possibly excepting players you were basically sure were town) for fear of pushing LYLO forward a day. If you can't use your role usefully anyway, being leashed isn't actually negative utility to the town because the town isn't actually losing anything.

If your role was still useful it might have been risky to claim because of the possibility of e.g. scum blocking you when you target scum or whatever. But that still shouldn't be a good enough reason to not claim it in massclaim.
Elbirn wrote:I guess I didnt put enough stake into trying to game the setup?
I think it's reasonable to think that your role can coexist with what Persivul claimed.

The problem is that idealistically, the point of a massclaim is to get the collective brainpower of the town to gamesolve. The problem isn't that your role and Persivul's specifically are likely or unlikely to exist together; the problem was that Persivul's claim in the absence of yours looked very likely to be true, and other people didn't have that information to work with and so were at least partially writing him off as town without thinking as deeply about it as they would have been.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2166, Enter wrote:At this point I think it's probably better that we Lynch anti-town play than allow it to live just because we townread it. Letting play like BEF's in this game survive to lylo because we decided he might not be scum and voted elsewhere lost us the game in the long run. I'm not entirely sure, but I would like to see some discussion on sacrificing possible town reads over lynching other stronger town players on the idea that numbers alone will win us the game.
like i kinda get the logic and at one point (maybe day4?) i think i basically gave up trying to prevent his mislynch because i thought it was almost inevitable and that him being around would make lylo difficult but like .... voting someone i think is town is just something i have a lot of trouble doing

at best i won't fight a lynch on someone i think is town, but i can't really convince myself ot vote someone i'm townreading like ever really
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2195, implosion wrote:The remarkable thing here to me is still that four separate townies (BEF, mcqueen, Elbirn, A50) actively lied about their roles. There are cases where this can be a good idea, but the degree to which it creates confusion is usually not worth it.
^^^^
Show
Hiatus once more.

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:28 am

Post by MariaR »

I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”