Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:00 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeah, i'm just making them public now, give it a moment. Does it work yet?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:02 am

Post by Persivul »

Yes thanks!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:09 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I was really impressed with Varsoon and Percy here.
Varsoon for his high level of activity as scum, finishing 2nd top poster overall. That's really tough to pull off as scum.
Percy for the claim. That wasn't the claim I made for him, he chose his own, and I gave him flavour to go with it. I don't think my suggested claim would have worked as well. It was great to see a scum go from L-1 to zero votes after making a good fake claim.
They also managed to overcome the town block of skitter-Chara-A50 who all drew TPRs and all figured out they were town, too.

Town players to mention, skitter did well with reads and setup analysis imo, and Chara did well with actions - really set scum back by blocking the rolecop and protecting a kill.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:21 am

Post by Varsoon »

<3
I was really surprised that my big dumb push on A50 went through and was good enough that I had convinced MYSELF that he was 3P even after acknowledging you probably didn't put 3P in this game at all.

I loved how you were willing to work with us on fake claims to ensure that we didn't get flavor-gamed. Most mods wouldn't be that theme-savvy or considerate to their scum team.

I do think town had a LOT of outright provable semi-confirmed town roles and on a mass-claim here it actually might be real hard for scum to win but I'm not sure. The game felt like an uphill battle, but that was a good thing. I actually had to feign disengagement, which is weird, cus in most games I have to feign interest. :P
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:25 am

Post by Enter »

Wp, scum!
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:26 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

GG, scum!

Persivul, congrats on being the scummiest town player who was indeed scum.

and thanks so much XT for modding!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:28 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Mm. I was thinking about vanillising an extra role in the design phases, and giving it as an extra claim to scum, but the worst ok-ed it. In the end though, scum won, so it was probably ok. All 3 scum had powers, so town has to be beefy too.
There were some roles (like loved and motivator) that were viewed as town by some purely on role which I didn't quite expect. Scum could very easily have been Loved with the Alex Yu safe claim instead of voteless, and I considered that in the design phase!
I think if I continue modding players will stop treating anything other than IC as locktown, though. :p
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:30 am

Post by Enter »

I don't know about calling Lovers a town claim, which is why I never publicly claimed it. I knew I was town, though, and I didn't know the alignment of redtea. I honestly thought she might be scum, but it was better to not flip her day one unless we were sure of it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:30 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah I kept wishing other people had played Prey and would latch on to my outguess-the-mod-who-said-this-was-just-humans-versus-typhon thing.
I guess folks kinda bought into that when I pushed for the lynch on A50?

All in all, yeah, the setup as is does work pretty well and isn't unwinnable by either side by any margin, though it does have a level of swing that I probably would find hard to endorse. That all said, it played out really well and was an exciting and fun game. Kudos, man. Please run something else soon.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:35 am

Post by Xtoxm »

<3
I'll have to see what I can come up with.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

You did get me to replay Prey
Forgot how awesome those turrets are at the start
Baited like all the typhons in the lobby over to them
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:44 am

Post by Chara »

you can see my thoughts in the dead thread, but i also had a great time. Varsoon fooled me.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeah lol, those lobby mimics at the start rekt me on my first play through.
Baiting them to turrets is op.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

Reading through the dead thread was enjoyable.
Yeah, a lot of our kills were survivalistic/out of necessity.

Wondering if I should just jack my lifting stat first and run around carrying the space station on my back hmmmm
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:54 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 2155, BrightEyedFish wrote:Persivul, congrats on being the scummiest town player who was indeed scum.
Thanks. I usually play scum better than that but I had too many games and too much work going when this one started. BUT, I can take credit for claiming goon cop. :D I don't get why that saved me given that mod stated he had supplied safe claims. In general I don't get why there was so much setup spec in a closed game with known safe claims.

Also don't get why town abandoned the hood as a thing after killing zito. A 5 person hood has to have scum in it. That meant me and you were 50/50.

The funnest part of course though was lynching A50. :P IMO lies in general do a lot more for scum than they do for town.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:58 am

Post by Elbirn »

Sorry I suck absolute ass

Would the game have gone any different if I had voted Varsoon last night before going to bed? Either way i once again did the thing where i had a hunch but zero confidence or initiative to do anything about it

Also i was the missing town investigative, everything I claimed was the truth..but I was also a weak non consecutive motion detector. N1 targeted enter because I wanted to clear enter and redtea (a stupid idea considering I thought they were masons soo they would have cleared themselves), N2 cant use action, N3 no action because I couldn't crumb a target before the quick hammer, N4 no action because at that point if I target scum my death ends the game.

Between all of that and town tunneling bef and letting the scum team get me to hammer A50 with the most minimal amount of effort on their part I probably should have just claimed to draw the NK.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:33 am

Post by Enter »

At this point I think it's probably better that we Lynch anti-town play than allow it to live just because we townread it. Letting play like BEF's in this game survive to lylo because we decided he might not be scum and voted elsewhere lost us the game in the long run. I'm not entirely sure, but I would like to see some discussion on sacrificing possible town reads over lynching other stronger town players on the idea that numbers alone will win us the game.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:41 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 2166, Enter wrote:At this point I think it's probably better that we Lynch anti-town play than allow it to live just because we townread it. Letting play like BEF's in this game survive to lylo because we decided he might not be scum and voted elsewhere lost us the game in the long run. I'm not entirely sure, but I would like to see some discussion on sacrificing possible town reads over lynching other stronger town players on the idea that numbers alone will win us the game.
geez man. You don't have to scum hunt anymore.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:43 am

Post by Enter »

In post 2167, BrightEyedFish wrote:geez man. You don't have to scum hunt anymore.
I'm sorry, it's nothing personal. I'm just trying to figure out if it's really optimal to let someone live based solely on the fact that they're townread.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 2166, Enter wrote:At this point I think it's probably better that we Lynch anti-town play than allow it to live just because we townread it. Letting play like BEF's in this game survive to lylo because we decided he might not be scum and voted elsewhere lost us the game in the long run. I'm not entirely sure, but I would like to see some discussion on sacrificing possible town reads over lynching other stronger town players on the idea that numbers alone will win us the game.
I agree, but few others do. Personally I'd PL A50 D1 if I could. All the lies add confusion, and confusion benefits scum. It wasn't very difficult to whip up a lynch on him when we needed to.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:46 am

Post by Enter »

Like the fact that I snapped at you was bad, too. I'm just using you as an example because you lived long enough to push the possibility that my point might carry weight to it.
Persivul wrote:
I agree, but few others do. Personally I'd PL A50 D1 if I could. All the lies add confusion, and confusion benefits scum. It wasn't very difficult to whip up a lynch on him when we needed to.
Yeah. Just having a player that has been eating at the back of your mind as possibly being scum really gets to you, especially if you get to LyLo. I'm starting to think I'd rather reach LyLo a lot sooner with a town block than really late with a bunch of maybe-town.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:47 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 2168, Enter wrote:
In post 2167, BrightEyedFish wrote:geez man. You don't have to scum hunt anymore.
I'm sorry, it's nothing personal. I'm just trying to figure out if it's really optimal to let someone live based solely on the fact that they're townread.
It's all good.
The advantage/disadvantages of policy lynching is a hot topic and usually depends on the game/situation. It's tough to have a default answer for every game.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:49 am

Post by Elbirn »

I think constructive criticism would be more helpful for players who haven't played well, not arguing post game whether they need to be a PL moving forward.

My constructive criticism would be yeah stop lying it made it very difficult to see you as town even when other pieces in place indicated that bef =/= scum. I'd have also stuck to my guns on persivul being scum by hood PoE, like from your perspective I couldn't have come to any other conclusion. What were your thoughts re:percy, scum in hood, etc?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 2172, Elbirn wrote:I'd have also stuck to my guns on persivul being scum by hood PoE, like from your perspective I couldn't have come to any other conclusion.
Yeah that made no sense. I didn't really like pushing him for it, because if he got lynched I'd be next, but as town I would have been all over it, so I really had to.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:59 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 2173, Persivul wrote:
In post 2172, Elbirn wrote:I'd have also stuck to my guns on persivul being scum by hood PoE, like from your perspective I couldn't have come to any other conclusion.
Yeah that made no sense. I didn't really like pushing him for it, because if he got lynched I'd be next, but as town I would have been all over it, so I really had to.
I get it and you're right. But after the lovers and PZ flips I really did doubt there was scum in the hood and didn't want to tunnel just that idea without anything else.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”