Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:09 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1198, Chara wrote:oh, skitter already asked that and it didn't click.

and Almost, you're also forgetting that Fish's ability does
not
give anyone a second shot. what it does is enable multitasking. a player would need two abilities already before Fish's motivate was useful.
did htis ever get definitively clarified by the mod? i remember that there was some discussion about it but i don't recall if the mod specified what he meant by 'motivating'
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:10 am

Post by Almost50 »

@skitter & @Chara: What I said was "Chara is getting ready to
BUS
their partners. They don't care if Percy does actually get a guilty in (theoretically mcqueen here) because they want to tie mcqueen with BEF, bus mcqueen and get BEF lynched next.

As for Percy, if the scum team (the other members of it) are worried about him they just shoot him tonight. No problem. Chara couldn't care less. They just want to put BEF in a lynchable position afterwards still.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:11 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1124, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1117, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 1075, Elbirn wrote:Can anyone explain exactly what a motivator is? I thought it would be like a reload for another players x-shot role, but the wiki says it enables a player to do two actions in one night. This is only possibly useful on a player who has two night actions and that just seems bizarre to me
According to my role PM, if I motivate someone it will give them the multitasking ability and will be permanent.
@mod
:
suppose a scum pr (say, a rolecop) gets motivated. would they then be able to do their personal ability (ie rolecop someone) and a factional ability (ie kill someone) on the same night?
yeah i asked this but i think xtoxm has been vla since then
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:12 am

Post by Chara »

i also think it's possible they're scum together. but if you're not into the wagon it's 99% not happening before day end. good to keep in mind next Day though.
VOTE: Zito
l-2 with mcqueen's vote.

pedit: the multitasking keyword Fish used is what tells me it's my interpretation, but hearing from the mod would be good.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:12 am

Post by skitter30 »

a50 your pre-flips are a bit too much for me to follow rn i think; not sure why you think scum!chara busses partner!mcqueen in particular if bef, implosion, and persivul are town and papa zito is scum, not sure where this team came from honestly
Show
Hiatus once more.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:15 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1198, Chara wrote:and Almost, you're also forgetting that Fish's ability does not give anyone a second shot. what it does is enable multitasking. a player would need two abilities already before Fish's motivate was useful.
Still sounds like a town ability all the way to me. I don't see a mod giving scum the ability to make another scum multitasking over giving the 2nd scum that multitasking modifier straight up.

Loke; "if you get lynched on D1 your partner(s) are stuck with one action per night, but if you stay alive for 3-4 days they can maltitask all the way to the Olymps"??? Does this sound like a role you would give to scum? It makes the game awfully swingy. Plus, BEF said it was PERMANENT, so by now two of his "buddies" already are maltitasking, right?

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:17 am

Post by Chara »

the thing that doesn't make sense to me is that mcqueen voted Zito after Percy's claim. Almost then followed, and so did i. i could see reading mine as a possible bus vote, but mcqueen's?
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Chara »

i don't know why you're talking like i scumread Fish. i think he's town.
if it was Persivul, Fish, or no lynch, i would choose to lynch Fish that's all.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:19 am

Post by Chara »

you do make a good point about it being swingy if he's scum.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Chara: Forget everything I said, and just watch Chara's play. REMEMBER: You and Chara have VERY SIMILAR playsyles (aside from you being a bit more stubborn as Town). Let me know if this would YOUR Scum or Town play (assuming hypothetically that Chara was YOUR ALT and "skitter" wasn't in this game)

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:20 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1205, Almost50 wrote:Still sounds like a town ability all the way to me. I don't see a mod giving scum the ability to make another scum multitasking over giving the 2nd scum that multitasking modifier straight up.
if bef is scum and can make scum multitasking (ie enable them to do a personal pr and nk the same night) i think he just motivates a partner-pr quietly instead of like getting into this whole thing by claiming in the hood and then insinuating that they targeted chara, it's just way too messy to come from scum imo. like i just don't see it unfolding this way if he's scum
(this is assuming a partner is a pr which i think is fairly reasonable for a game that looks role-madness-y)
Show
Hiatus once more.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:22 am

Post by Chara »

this is either Almost's trademark moonlogic or one of his "too crazy an idea to try as scum unless you're Almost50" plays. the fact that it was prompted by me jumping off of Zito when Almost thinks he's scum leans it more to the former, perhaps?
there's one way this would make me Almost certain he's town but i'd have to wait on that.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:25 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1209, Almost50 wrote:@Chara: Forget everything I said, and just watch Chara's play. REMEMBER: You and Chara have VERY SIMILAR playsyles (aside from you being a bit more stubborn as Town). Let me know if this would YOUR Scum or Town play (assuming hypothetically that Chara was YOUR ALT and "skitter" wasn't in this game)
uh was this addressed to me?

from the assumption that chara has a similar playstyle to my own, i would be townreading them here
the thing is that the specific thing that i have a lot of trouble with (faking real-time interaciton as scum in a way that makes me look townie) i think they're much better at than me, so townreading them on that because i have trouble with that but knowing that they're better at it than me seems kinda weird

this is kinda confusing and i'm not sure if that makes sense, let's try it like this:
in what way do you think chara's play rn might be similar to my scumgame?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1212, skitter30 wrote:the thing is that the specific thing that i have a lot of trouble with (faking real-time interaciton as scum in a way that makes me look townie) i think they're much better at than me,
so you have read a scumgame of mine?

i'm unwilling to call Almost town for this outright, because he knows i'd townread this behaviour on a base level. if i'm right about what he's doing (which i doubt i'll be able to tell until i see more of him) he's almost assuredly town. if i'm wrong, then he would have to be doing this to get townread by
me
specifically.

...i do love how vague that was.

we do have a day, i'd like to keep implosion in mind as likely scum but with the way things stand, Zito is the best lynch. Fish is pretty towny and his claim is just steange as scum. Percy claimed cop.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

@skitter: They switched back to Zito after I made that case, when ""you" would be too stubborn to go back to Zito as Town, but very much willing to as Scum. That's a good example, I think.

@Chara: If I'm wrong I'm wring and I'm sorry. I want to lynch Zito first to see if my fundamental assumption is correct for starters. If Zito flips green (against my expectations) you're off the hook and everything I said boils down to me being me. :oops:

If Zito flips Red though I still wouldn't be 100% in you, but it makes sense still, Don't you agree?

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1213, Chara wrote:so you have read a scumgame of mine?
more like if you're scum here you're obviously better at that than i am cuz i couldn't interact in real-time like this as scum really + i'm pretty sure in coalition iirc you said something along the lines that you would do your best to be present to interact with people to make them townread you
(whereas me as scum just tries to avoid real time whenever possible)
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:49 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1214, Almost50 wrote:@skitter: They switched back to Zito after I made that case, when ""you" would be too stubborn to go back to Zito as Town, but very much willing to as Scum. That's a good example, I think.
scum!me with scum!zito, vs town!me who was townreading zito and not interested in joining?
yeah i agree, i would probably try to get back on the wagon to mitigate you thinking that
(although if i thought that you'd be more likely to scumread me if i moved back on him after you called me out on it i might stay off)

but if you think chara would do that too i can see where you're coming from; you meant more like how i'd approach partners or gamestates than like a holisitic scumplay style
Show
Hiatus once more.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:01 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1214, Almost50 wrote:@skitter: They switched back to Zito after I made that case, when ""you" would be too stubborn to go back to Zito as Town, but very much willing to as Scum. That's a good example, I think.
but you just said i'm not very stubborn as town, which is true. what's the point of that comparison?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Chara »

i moved back to Zito because i can't get an implosion wagon this day without skitter's enthusiastic support, which it's clear i didn't have after she replied.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:11 am

Post by skitter30 »

i mean i'd vote implosion over a no lynch or at deadline or whatever but there's other people i'd rather lynch today

@a50, independant of chara, how are you reading mcqueen?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1217, Chara wrote:
but you just said i'm not very stubborn as town, which is true. what's the point of that comparison?
I think it better if we dropped the subject for now. The more you argue the more I suspect you, because I have just said I am not out to lynch you (yet) .. EVEN if/when Zito flips red, so your continuous defense of yourself looks quite alarming on its own.

Note: Chara is not one to fear death as Town. They may not try to "bait" the NK, but they certainly don't fight a lynch when there's actually NO VOTES on them.

So, IF you're town, you're misleading me now by fighting back rather than ignoring my case on you and continuing to scum hunt in your own way.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1214, Almost50 wrote:If Zito flips Red though I still wouldn't be 100% in you, but it makes sense still, Don't you agree?
not really. i think you're overestimating how i'd react to a scumread from you on me as scum, but that's a pointless discussion to have midgame.

if he's my partner i've done both a very bad job of keeping him from being lynched, and of getting towncred for bussing him.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:14 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1219, skitter30 wrote:@a50, independant of chara, how are you reading mcqueen?
I just said I thought Chara was bussing him when they paired him with BEF in order to shade BEF. Does that give you any hints?

I explicitly had Zito > mcqueen > implosion before now, but I am now not sure about implosion, so let's say implosion = Chara here (I think I've just got myself NK'd) :lol:

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:14 am

Post by skitter30 »

huh
you actually think their response here engaging you about your theory is scum!indicative for them? i didn't really have much of a problem with their response really, doesn't feel too defensive or anything to me

also i;m not sure that i would characterize their behavior rn as fighting a lynch on them
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:16 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1222, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1219, skitter30 wrote:@a50, independant of chara, how are you reading mcqueen?
I just said I thought Chara was bussing him when they paired him with BEF in order to shade BEF. Does that give you any hints?

I explicitly had Zito > mcqueen > implosion before now, but I am now not sure about implosion, so let's say implosion = Chara here (I think I've just got myself NK'd) :lol:
i dont think implosion and chara are scum together really
and that;s why i asked how you were reading mcqueen indepdnant of chara (ie if you ignore all the partner associatives, just on his play alone - trying to gague if you scumread him independantly too, or only as a potential partner)
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”