Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

So, mqueen could still be Scum, just not a Phantom.. precisely. Correct?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:00 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 1321, Almost50 wrote:@BEF: I probably can ISO you, but I'm lazy.. your target gets a Neighborhood PT with you, right? Does this happen instantaneously or when the day ends?
Also, even if the target had no action they should be notified they are now multi-tasking, yes?

In fact, the second question should be directed at the mod..

@Mod: Assuming the existence of a role that gives it's target the multi-tasking modifier, and that said role has the Day modifier..
Does the target get notified instantly that they have become multi-tasking regardless of whether they have multiple actions (or actions at all)?
I would immediately gain a PT with my target until the next dawn, and they would receive the motivate in the coming night phase. Both can fail and the motivate only is successful if the neighborhood is successful but I will not be notified if the motivate succeeds or not.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:00 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 1324, skitter30 wrote:you didn't target anyone day1, right?
no
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:01 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1318, skitter30 wrote:why is he mechanically clear?
@a50
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:02 am

Post by Almost50 »

Personally, I still suspect both mcqueen & implosion. Since Percy is also suspicious of the two, I think we can agree to lynch between them even if he suspects me too. I trust skitter's reads and she also suspects mcqueen. I see no reason why we shouldn't be voting mqueen (or implosion) at this stage.

VOTE: mcqueen

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:05 am

Post by Xtoxm »

VC 3.3
[2] mcqueen:
skitter30, Almost50
[1] BrightEyedFish:
Elbirn

[6] Not Voting:
Chara, BrightEyedFish, Persivul, implosion, mcqueen, Varsoon

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

The Day 3 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-02-21 19:00:00)

Spoiler:
To: Sarah Elazar
Cc:
Subject: Ilyushin
Please add Mikhaila Ilyushin to the watchlist. While she's currently performing her duties, her condition makes for a potential security risk and we may need leverage.
Her access should be restricted to work and crew facilities. Please don't let her anywhere near the labs.

Also, flag any communications between her and Dr. Gallegos out of Psychotronics. Medical is beginning to suspect she has White Noise, so the fact she falsified her records may be enough.

Normally, I'd advocate Neuromod removal, but her condition prevents this. Keep me apprised.

-Alex
In post 1321, Almost50 wrote:
@Mod: Assuming the existence of a role that gives it's target the multi-tasking modifier, and that said role has the Day modifier..
Does the target get notified instantly that they have become multi-tasking regardless of whether they have multiple actions (or actions at all)?
It would depend how the ability was worded.
Last edited by Xtoxm on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:09 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1328, skitter30 wrote:
@a50
I tried to ignore this, but you never learn (how to play with me). I guess it doesn't hurt anymore..

I had 3 different actions at my disposal, but I could only use ONE each night. The multi-tasking modifier would have let me use all 3 on the same night (N1) or the two remaining (N2), so I know why a TOWN role like that would exist.

I only have one more ability unused by now, but I would rather not claim ANY of the 3 before D4 (and if I get NK'd you'd know all 3 anyway, and since they yield no investigative results you'd be missing nothing, as I have no additional info to reveal)

@BEF: OK.. so target me NOW. It doesn't matter if you/I get shot tonight anymore. :wink:

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

Don't motivate him yet. I want to talk about this a bit more when i get home soonish
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1325, Almost50 wrote:So, mqueen could still be Scum, just not a Phantom.. precisely. Correct?
That's right--given the flavor, scum is very likely only Typhon with a possible really cute flavor if they've got a traitor who's human.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1331, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1328, skitter30 wrote:
@a50
I tried to ignore this, but you never learn (how to play with me). I guess it doesn't hurt anymore..

I had 3 different actions at my disposal, but I could only use ONE each night. The multi-tasking modifier would have let me use all 3 on the same night (N1) or the two remaining (N2), so I know why a TOWN role like that would exist.

I only have one more ability unused by now, but I would rather not claim ANY of the 3 before D4 (and if I get NK'd you'd know all 3 anyway, and since they yield no investigative results you'd be missing nothing, as I have no additional info to reveal)

@BEF: OK.. so target me NOW. It doesn't matter if you/I get shot tonight anymore. :wink:
My murder boner remains unsatiated
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by skitter30 »

@a50 i'll probably have more to say to this soon but i'm kinda waiting for something to happen

i believe such a role exists. if you only have one ability remaining why do you want to be motivated ... ?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Btw someone hit me with a "flexifoam bolt" last night. Dont know what it means, I assume it's a loud fruit vendor, xtoxm will only say that seems like a reasonable assumption. I'm not gonna bother with this tidbit I just wanna put it out there
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1335, skitter30 wrote:@a50 i'll probably have more to say to this soon but i'm kinda waiting for something to happen

i believe such a role exists. if you only have one ability remaining why do you want to be motivated ... ?
1- Because whoever gets motivated is likely to be the NK target tonight, and I have nothing to lose now.
2- Because knowing my role I doubt there's yet another TOWN role that could make use of that utility BEF has anyway. I think it was meant to be used on me (only I didn't know it existed and BEF claimed it way too late after he had used it on D2), OR to be used on Scum (which WOULD be a negative utility).

Like, I don't really mind if he uses it on someone else provided I TR them, but that only means YOU and I don't want you shot tonight. (Note that Chara is Ascetic and Varsoon may or may not have something up hi8s sleeves yet. Percy is a Cop and Elbrin also might still have something unclaimed). I am outed and have exhausted my utilities (save one I would be using tonight anyway regardless) so I thought it'd be perfect for me and BEF to have a PT to share our views and theories, so if he gets shot I have his thoughts and if I get shot he has my thoughts and there's no big loss to Town anyway.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1336, Elbirn wrote:Btw someone hit me with a "flexifoam bolt" last night. Dont know what it means, I assume it's a loud fruit vendor, xtoxm will only say that seems like a reasonable assumption. I'm not gonna bother with this tidbit I just wanna put it out there
@Varsoon: What does this mean, flavor-wise? (Sorry I'm being a nag)

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Almost50: Nah it's all good, man. So one of the main weapons in the game is this foam gun that you can cover walls, enemies, and surfaces with foam. For enemies it's just a useful stun sort of move that can keep the usually-fast-moving enemies stuck in place a bit or even fully stuck for awhile. For environments, it helps you get around. It's a non-lethal weapon and makes sense as a fruit vendor sort of thing.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Elbirn: If you get hit by multiple of them it might be a roleblock sort of thing, given flavor? Alternatively, it could have a different effect on scum?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:53 pm

Post by skitter30 »

@a50: thanks. these past couple of posts have firmed up my townread on you some (i think)
i have more i want to say about this a bit later
Show
Hiatus once more.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:56 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Actually so I got that mixed up--the GOO gun is the one that sticks enemies and stuff.
The Huntress Boltcaster is what shoots Flexifoam darts--they're darts that do no damage but still make noise and count as hitting something, so you can use them to trigger explosive stuff or hit panels from far away or even distract enemies.
If one of the scum have the Cystoid flavor, it might have a unique interaction, 'cus they blow up when hit by it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by Varsoon »

and here's the other gun:

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by skitter30 »

do humans use that? or typhons? or both? or neither?
sorry i can't really tell
Show
Hiatus once more.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Humans, but, again, humans could be scum, especially if Typhon have a mind controlled human or if Xtoxm is going really deep with fuckery on the flavor.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1, Xtoxm wrote:Setup Info
The following is public knowledge: the setup consists of a town faction (Human) and a single groupscum faction (Typhon), where "groupscum" is defined as having more than one player. Typhon will have daytalk and safe claims. It is not public knowledge whether other alignments exist in the game.
i mean this looks to me like groupscum are just typhon and town are just humans and that 3p may be whatever
Show
Hiatus once more.

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:08 pm

Post by Elbirn »

"Loud vig that only kills scum and tickles/confirms town" sounds broken powerful and theres already stuff on the board so like...I'm gonna say it's just a fruit vendor and hurry along my merry way
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by Varsoon »

What you wrote is actually really funny because
Spoiler: huge game spoilers
the main character that you play as is a Typhon, who has been injected with a human's memories, and who thinks he is human.
So you saying you can't tell is funny
because the main character is supposed to be assumed as human but
it's revealed he's actually a typhon with memories of the main character injected

Anyway Typhon are SHAPESHIFTER MIMICS that can LOOK LIKE HUMANS so it's probably not a great idea to flavor-game this since Xtoxm very likely just picked some critical human characters to not be represented as roles so that the Typhon players could fake-claim them, hilariously, in a flavor-friendly way.

P-EDIT: @Elbirn: Could just disable a Cystoid Colony type Typhon but yeah that's real hard flavorspec
Take it to mean it's a human-flavored fruit vendor unless someone claims different.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:10 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Spoilers is @what skitter wrote re: those videos I posted.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”