lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by lord_hur »

hasdgfas wrote:If we discuss the setup, it will give the scum more information than we want them to have. It's best to keep them guessing about these things as much as we can.
I was thinking it would help town, so the lynch is not a shot in the dark... Maybe not though :(
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

Not that it does much damage either way but at this stage of the game it has no use. I have my own private thoughts about these things especialy the food but it is of no benifit to speculate on these things yet.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by lord_hur »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:Not that it does much damage either way but at this stage of the game it has no use. I have my own private thoughts about these things especialy the food but it is of no benifit to speculate on these things yet.
Then if it is neutral to town, why would you FoS me (vote me even, if I wasn't at L-3 already) over it ?

Well anyway, unless someone objects to thevampireofdusseldorf's statements, I will shut up about this whole roles thing.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Vote: Mr Stoofer

I've always wanted to do that :P
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

lord_hur, I would say that private speculation is good, but until we have a bit more information than we currently have (seeing the results of actions, etc), it is best not to speculate in the actual game thread itself. Any information the town has that can be kept from scum is best kept from them until it can be put together to form a firmer theory. For example, it's possible scum are thinking "what's this food thing they're going on about" - more details could give them more power.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

The following quotes make me think that lord_hur knows more about this setup than the rest of us (or at least: more than me).
lord_hur wrote:Well, I have the feeling, because of this rule and this food system, which implies that there are several types, that this will be a very complicated game :)

No pity for us newbies :D
lord_hur wrote:Also, with 10 plagues (so I assume, 10 nights) and 12 players, the probability of at least one resurrect role is pretty strong.
lord_hur wrote:
PyroDwarf wrote:I wonder how our lunch will come into play? Maybe "XXX is dead and there are pancakes everywhere!" I just picked pancakes at random, it isn't mine, who has pancakes for lunch, anyways?
I was thinking about a poisoner role, who can poison one type of food, maybe with a delay on the death.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:14 pm

FoS:Mr Stoofer
for trying to add more weight to an already suspicion laden person. Not that there is anything wrong with that if the suspicion is merited but I am enjoying HoSsing and FoSsing at the moment in fact more so than voting.
Perhaps instead of a random voting stage there could be a random HoS 'n' FoS stage.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:58 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:
FoS:Mr Stoofer
for trying to add more weight to an already suspicion laden person. Not that there is anything wrong with that if the suspicion is merited...
unvote: lord_hur
vote: thevampireofdussledorf

You gave lord_hur a "HoS" back in post 19, so you obviously think he is suspicious, but when I express suspicion of him, that earns me a "FoS".

Also, why is my suspicion not merited?
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:10 am

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:The following quotes make me think that lord_hur knows more about this setup than the rest of us (or at least: more than me).
I think I know what you're refering to and there's a good explanation, but I guess I can't give it without getting more FoS... this IS public info though.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:33 am

Careful or that might turn into a HoS.
Obviously my quirky logic outshines my humour.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:44 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Please answer my question.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:58 am

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:Please answer my question.
What did you think, he ignored mine too...
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:10 am

Post by lord_hur »

Oh also, could anyone tell me what's the difference between HoS and FoS ? The wiki says they're the same thing...
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:08 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

They are the same thing. For people who use "HoS", it is supposed to be more serious than a "FoS". But I think "HoS" is stupid.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:22 am

@lord_hur
Speculating on roles even if there is no obvious disadvantage to town or obvious advantage to scum I have to see as slightly scummy.
lord_hur wrote:I think I know what you're refering to and there's a good explanation, but I guess I can't give it without getting more FoS... this IS public info though.
If you are town and have an explanation that wont hurt town or help scum then perhaps you should explain. If not your explanation for not explaining is unsatisfactory.

@Mr Stoofer
I deemed the suspicion that was already on lord_hur to be sufficent for his action
I also viewed your overburdening of him with more suspicion suspicious
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:32 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

What on earth do you mean "overburdening of him"? What am I supposed to do if I see a player who is behaving suspiciously? Keep quiet about it. What is more, nobody had made the point which I had made so it would have been anti-Town for me not to have mentioned it.

I ask you again: tell me - yes or no - was my suspicion merited?
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:11 am

Post by lord_hur »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:@lord_hur
Speculating on roles even if there is no obvious disadvantage to town or obvious advantage to scum I have to see as slightly scummy.
lord_hur wrote:I think I know what you're refering to and there's a good explanation, but I guess I can't give it without getting more FoS... this IS public info though.
If you are town and have an explanation that wont hurt town or help scum then perhaps you should explain. If not your explanation for not explaining is unsatisfactory.

@Mr Stoofer
I deemed the suspicion that was already on lord_hur to be sufficent for his action
I also viewed your overburdening of him with more suspicion suspicious
Okay, I think the reason Mr Stoofer thinks I know more than him about the setup if that there is extra info in undo's introductory post in the queue thread, including the reference to 10 plagues. So I was thinking maybe he didn't read it.

I don't think pointing to this info can hurt town, but since I've been pretty harshly voted for giving info already...

Thinking back about it though, I still think that info helps both town and scum (for now, I will blame this on my newbness tough, maybe I'll understand later).

About what you said to Mr Stoofer though... Please tell me what gives you the *exclusive* right to questioning people ?

Questioning people for good reasons is an eminently pro-town attitude and should not be denied to anyone.

On the other hand, if you think someone's accusation is undue, it is perfectly fair game to question it. But it is not what you said.
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:24 am

Post by Musher333 »

Wow this game moves quite fastly doesnt it? And @Lord_hur about wanting to be with stoofer its a good point, better people help make you better. (supposedly)
Musher-scum would not be clever enough to do something like this- Strife 220
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:31 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

lord_hur wrote:Please tell me what gives you the *exclusive* right to questioning people ?
Nothing at all. Anyone can question anyone, as far as I am concerned. I'll answer any questions you have.

I don't understand where you got the idea that I claimed the *exclusive* right to question people.
lord_hur wrote:Okay, I think the reason Mr Stoofer thinks I know more than him about the setup if that there is extra info in undo's introductory post in the queue thread, including the reference to 10 plagues. So I was thinking maybe he didn't read it.
I read the opening post. But I saw no warrant for a resurrection role, or a poisoner. Nor for your assumption that we are going to have a different plague every night.
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Musher333 »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
lord_hur wrote:Please tell me what gives you the *exclusive* right to questioning people ?
Nothing at all. Anyone can question anyone, as far as I am concerned. I'll answer any questions you have.

I don't understand where you got the idea that I claimed the *exclusive* right to question people.
lord_hur wrote:Okay, I think the reason Mr Stoofer thinks I know more than him about the setup if that there is extra info in undo's introductory post in the queue thread, including the reference to 10 plagues. So I was thinking maybe he didn't read it.
I read the opening post. But I saw no warrant for a resurrection role, or a poisoner. Nor for your assumption that we are going to have a different plague every night.
I agree with you there, surely we are not garunteed 10 nights? most games i have been in last 3.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:19 am

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:

Err, I was reacting to thevampireofdusseldorf's post, not yours, as indicates :

- the fact that I quoted his post and not yours ;
- and the "About what you said to Mr Stoofer, though" part, which was right before your quote of my post.

Mr Stoofer wrote:
Both roles were basically far-fetched guesses on assumptions I explained when I posted them ; but to clarify even more :

- poisoner : only because that there are food types ; does it get any more far-fetched ?
- resurrector : because there are 10 plagues, and as there was one plague night 0, so I thought maybe 1 plague each night, which means 10 nights planned (which IS stupid, I agree with Musher333). To last 10 nights with 12 players, you'd need a resurrector. But again, 10 nights is stupid, so this entire deduction crumbles.

So both guesses were complete shots in the dark, and most probably wrong.

Wew. I hope I've been clear enough there.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:13 am

Post by lord_hur »

Musher333 wrote:Wow this game moves quite fastly doesnt it? And @Lord_hur about wanting to be with stoofer its a good point, better people help make you better. (supposedly)
Yes, I learned a lot by playing with cicero (and, to a lesser extent, Adel, but that was my fault :P), more than the other newbie games combined (though Adele was great too) :)
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:40 am

Post by undo »

Not voting:
SlySly, thevampireofdusseldorf

With 11 alive, it's
6 to lynch
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:03 pm

lord_hur wrote:About what you said to Mr Stoofer though... Please tell me what gives you the *exclusive* right to questioning people ?

Questioning people for good reasons is an eminently pro-town attitude and should not be denied to anyone.

On the other hand, if you think someone's accusation is undue, it is perfectly fair game to question it. But it is not what you said.
If you look at the third quote I didn't really see it as a question, more 3 quotes of yours (a large body of evidence) and an accusation. To me it was trying to push something a bit far. I think most were happy to leave this speculating business alone but Stoofer wanted to bring it to the forefront again and has it help us any more since then?
Mr Stoofer wrote:What on earth do you mean "overburdening of him"? What am I supposed to do if I see a player who is behaving suspiciously? Keep quiet about it. What is more, nobody had made the point which I had made so it would have been anti-Town for me not to have mentioned it.

I ask you again: tell me - yes or no - was my suspicion merited?
Yes and No, I viewed the timing of the post its lay out and tone all to decide if I found it suspicious. Suspicion can be merited but the person placing that suspicion can also be suspicious.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Oh I forgot the 3rd quote well here it is;
Mr Stoofer wrote:The following quotes make me think that lord_hur knows more about this setup than the rest of us (or at least: more than me).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”