911: What's Your Emergency? (Postgame)

GuiltyLion
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 19, 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #50  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:47 am

In post 45, Baezu wrote:
In post 40, GuiltyLion wrote:several people had already posted, you didn't engage with any of them or any of the page 1 content, instead voting somebody who hadn't gotten to the thread yet with an explanation that pinged me as awkward


So you think it’s scummy to not place a vote on the people who had already posted?


yes, vaguely. it's play that doesn't generate any information. why aren't you trying to generate information? There were lots of posts you could have done something with, , , , . those are all potential starting points for engagement (or a vote) and moving out of RVS. the fact that you chose to vote elsewhere and the way that you justified it (you also left my bolded here out of your question) looks page 1 scummy to me, yes.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #51  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:47 am

It was the same reason, so why not acknowledge that?

insomnia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2019
Location: your pocket
Pronoun: He

Post Post #52  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:48 am

Because you haven’t said it ;)

rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #53  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:48 am

Well I thought it was fairly obvious I had the same reason.

tris
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 08, 2019
Location: Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: She

Post Post #54  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:50 am

@insomnia What do you think of my vote on the wagon?

insomnia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2019
Location: your pocket
Pronoun: He

Post Post #55  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:54 am

It’s bad, just like everyone’s vote

Not that I’m against it, tomorrow I can push my roster agenda when Baezu flips town OwO

insomnia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2019
Location: your pocket
Pronoun: He

Post Post #56  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:55 am

Inno until proven guilty, there’s nothing relevant for me to join / support this wagon

insomnia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2019
Location: your pocket
Pronoun: He

Post Post #57  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:57 am

GL’s accusation is a newb!scum tell and it doesn’t work on people with account from 2013

GuiltyLion
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 19, 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #58  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:58 am

In post 56, insomnia wrote:Inno until proven guilty, there’s nothing relevant for me to join / support this wagon


so Baezu is inno until proven guilty but Roster is now guilty enough to merit a vote?

how would you feel if someone who hasn't posted yet said "insomnia is onto something" and voted roster?

(also, join date doesn't invalidate scum indicative play. until I see town play from Baezu or someone else more strongly scum, my vote stays on what looks scummy to me)
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

Baezu
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 20, 2013
Location: In the details
Pronoun: She

Post Post #59  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:58 am

In post 50, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 45, Baezu wrote:
In post 40, GuiltyLion wrote:several people had already posted, you didn't engage with any of them or any of the page 1 content, instead voting somebody who hadn't gotten to the thread yet with an explanation that pinged me as awkward


So you think it’s scummy to not place a vote on the people who had already posted?


yes, vaguely. it's play that doesn't generate any information. why aren't you trying to generate information? There were lots of posts you could have done something with, , , , . those are all potential starting points for engagement (or a vote) and moving out of RVS. the fact that you chose to vote elsewhere and the way that you justified it (you also left my bolded here out of your question) looks page 1 scummy to me, yes.


Got it. I haven’t been on this site in awhile and back when I used to play players would crack random jokes during rvs- I see that times have changed and I’m trying to learn the new meta. I absolutely agree with you that random jokes don’t help drive the game forward, but considering it’s page 2 I figured, why not?

And fwiw I was never good at getting out of RVS

Speaking of Maria, who else hasn’t made a post yet?
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Baezu
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 20, 2013
Location: In the details
Pronoun: She

Post Post #60  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:02 am

GL what do you think of Elbirn’s
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #61  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:03 am

Insomnia am I saying that Baezu is remotely +ve scum? No of course not.

It's literally a gut read which happens to be for the same reason as GL's.

insomnia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2019
Location: your pocket
Pronoun: He

Post Post #62  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:05 am

And that’s why I don’t like the vote. What’s the problem? Agree to disagree.

rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #63  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:05 am

So you think town just chooses somebody randomly? I like to have a real reason for my RVS vote, however slight.

insomnia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2019
Location: your pocket
Pronoun: He

Post Post #64  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:07 am

RVS = random voting stage ???

Ummm yeah? This is why I don’t scum hunt in RVS. This is why I vote people who stack up in rvs, especially without stating a reason for it

tris
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 08, 2019
Location: Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: She

Post Post #65  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:07 am

In post 56, insomnia wrote:Inno until proven guilty, there’s nothing relevant for me to join / support this wagon

I don't understand this philosophy as relates to mafia. We'll rarely have proof that someone's mafia.
In post 59, Baezu wrote:
In post 50, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 45, Baezu wrote:
In post 40, GuiltyLion wrote:several people had already posted, you didn't engage with any of them or any of the page 1 content, instead voting somebody who hadn't gotten to the thread yet with an explanation that pinged me as awkward


So you think it’s scummy to not place a vote on the people who had already posted?


yes, vaguely. it's play that doesn't generate any information. why aren't you trying to generate information? There were lots of posts you could have done something with, , , , . those are all potential starting points for engagement (or a vote) and moving out of RVS. the fact that you chose to vote elsewhere and the way that you justified it (you also left my bolded here out of your question) looks page 1 scummy to me, yes.


Got it. I haven’t been on this site in awhile and back when I used to play players would crack random jokes during rvs- I see that times have changed and I’m trying to learn the new meta. I absolutely agree with you that random jokes don’t help drive the game forward, but considering it’s page 2 I figured, why not?

And fwiw I was never good at getting out of RVS

Speaking of Maria, who else hasn’t made a post yet?

People still do make jokes in RVS. In my opinion, what you posted was lacking town more than it was full of scum.

tris
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 08, 2019
Location: Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: She

Post Post #66  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:08 am

In post 64, insomnia wrote:RVS = random voting stage ???

Ummm yeah? This is why I don’t scum hunt in RVS. This is why I vote people who stack up in rvs, especially without stating a reason for it

I don't think that's a scum thing to do though. I do it all the time.

rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #67  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:09 am

In post 64, insomnia wrote:RVS = random voting stage ???

Ummm yeah? This is why I don’t scum hunt in RVS. This is why I vote people who stack up in rvs, especially without stating a reason for it


So what would happen in your world where everyone rolls a dice to start with?

insomnia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2019
Location: your pocket
Pronoun: He

Post Post #68  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:09 am

Why is it hard to understand, especially in rvs where nothing happens?

If I don’t think the case on someone is good, why would I support their vote?

It’s just common sense

Baezu
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 20, 2013
Location: In the details
Pronoun: She

Post Post #69  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:09 am

Fair enough
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #70  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:10 am

That doesn't answer my question?

IMO the only way content can be made is through making wagons and counterwagons and pressure, to generate discussion.

Like it's done here.

insomnia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2019
Location: your pocket
Pronoun: He

Post Post #71  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:12 am

I have no time for banter, call me when we get over useless stuff.

Push lurkers.

tris
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 08, 2019
Location: Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: She

Post Post #72  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:16 am

I took a look at some of Baezu's games, and her RVS's there seem pretty consistent with how she was here. Even sometimes when there was more relevant content to react to. UNVOTE:

insomnia
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2019
Location: your pocket
Pronoun: He

Post Post #73  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:18 am

Tris, not related to anything you’ve done in the game but

Are you an alt?

tris
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 08, 2019
Location: Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: She

Post Post #74  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:19 am

In post 71, insomnia wrote:I have no time for banter, call me when we get over useless stuff.

Push lurkers.

This post is weird. VOTE: insomnia You seem to have completely changed gears here, and I don't understand why.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Mini Theme Games