Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

Such is my luck. I get something correct on D1 for a change, and the whole game gets cancelled. :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:10 am

Post by GreyICE »

I assume scum was some combination of Roster, Baezu, and Mastina?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:13 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Me, Menalque and Cyrus were the only scums.

It wouldn’t surprise me if elements had some role from beyond the grave - we didn’t have a scumchat, apparently I was the only one who remembered so I wasn’t at all sure if Cyrus and Menalque knew who their buddies were.

Also I had no choice but to commit suicide by dayviging D2 which so I was very much hoping I could give Menalque a free ride to the end.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:14 am

Post by rosterfoster »

momo wrote:08/14/2021

Hello
rosterfoster,

You wake up slowly, feeling only the cold metal around your wrists. You're handcuffed to a chair, and find yourself struggling to see. You know that your should be scared, panicked even, but the only thought in your mind is how comfortable your seat is.

As you try and stand, you realize that you are handcuffed to the chair. Comfortable, but a prison nonetheless. There are other people in this room, and you recognize all of them, including the President.

The President! Walter Sinclair himself is standing in front of you all. You smirk as he begins to speak of horrible crimes. They are your crimes. After the Hong Kong protests, the United States acquired Hong Kong as a territory, similar to Puerto Rico. You, a loyalist to the People's Republic of China, were able to secure yourself a position in the Sinclair administration once he won the 2020 election.

You hatched a plan with
elements, cyrus62, and Menalque.
elements released a toxin that was to wipe the entire cabinet's memories during a meeting on Air Force One. Then, the four of you, the only mentally fit members of the cabinet, would manipulate the rest, and rule the United States from the background, secretly working for the great Xi Jingping, and the PRC.

However, the plan was only partially successful. The President (non-playable/written character) and the Vice President (Innocent Child/will be revealed on game start) retained their memories. elements managed to get himself shot by the secret service while releasing the toxin, and is now dead. Menalque and cyrus62 did not have a chance to get their gas masks on, and have also lost their memories.

You may talk to your comrades at any time, but only if they manage to recover their memories on their own.

But it's okay, you have a plan. Tomorrow (D2) you must kill someone (dayvig) and kill yourself (suicidal). This will sow discord among the cabinet and will eliminate a major threat, allowing your friends a better chance at taking over The United States.

You know who you are. You know who everyone else is. You know why you are here.

You are a Scum Suicidal Day 2 Vigilante Communist

Please reply to this role PM with your role and alignment. (Mod note: For your suicidal DayVig shot, message me who you would like to kill N1. Give me a first and second choice (in case your first choice is NK'd). You may not perform the nightkill N1).
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:39 am

Post by GreyICE »

Ah menalque. Makes sense.

Wonder what the heck Mastina was.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:41 am

Post by GreyICE »

Also wonder who the night kill was planned to be.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:19 am

Post by mastina »

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I Don't Remember the Name of this Game Role Pm
Date: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:39 pm
To: funkybike1, mastina
momo wrote: 08/14/2021

Hello
mastina

You wake up slowly, feeling only the cold metal around your wrists. You're handcuffed to a chair, and find yourself struggling to see. You know that your should be scared, panicked even, but the only thought in your mind is how comfortable your seat is.

As you try and stand, you realize that you are handcuffed to the chair. Comfortable, but a prison nonetheless. There are other people in this room, but you only recognize one of them. The President.

The President! Walter Sinclair himself is standing in front of you all. He begins to speak of horrible crimes, but his words, while English, might as well be nonsense. What terrorist attack? What does Hong Kong have to do with this? And why is he calling you Secretary?

As he speaks, your mind takes a stranger turn. You know the President's name? You can remember hundreds of random details about his life and his campaign? But when you turn to your own memories, you realize that you have nothing. Who are you? Who are the other people in the room? And why is there a bloody knife strapped to your arm.

You know you definitely aren't a scummy communist, but that knife feels out of place. Whenever you feel it against your skin, you can only think about the anger burning in your heart.

You have no powers right now, but you know that the President isn't telling the full story. There's a
third side
and you think you're on it. Maybe, if your memories return, your powers will as well.

P.S. Since I have no idea what to do with the bloody knife you have with you, I've decided to give it back. By my executive order, I'm making sure you won't get voted away today (D1 Lynchproof). Don't tell anyone about the knife.

-President Sinclair

Please Reply to this role PM with a confirmation, your alignment, your confirmed abilities, and any questions you might have.
My main guesses were serial killer or lyncher, due to the whole 'hatred' and 'knife not to mention publicly' bits, but heck if I know. I posited Survivor, Terrorist who needs to suicide bomber someone specific, even reverse lyncher. Legit have no clue, only guesses.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:42 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 877, rosterfoster wrote:Me, Menalque and Cyrus were the only scums.

It wouldn’t surprise me if elements had some role from beyond the grave - we didn’t have a scumchat, apparently I was the only one who remembered so I wasn’t at all sure if Cyrus and Menalque knew who their buddies were.

Also I had no choice but to commit suicide by dayviging D2 which so I was very much hoping I could give Menalque a free ride to the end.
I KNEW IT! I Nailed the whole scum team (and Mastina on top of that) and suggested they don't have daytalk so had to signal to their main p by stating they remembered their names.

Now let me go weep the game had to get cancelled.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:57 am

Post by GreyICE »

pft, I KNEW that lynchproof day 1 wasn't "randomly" decided.

Yeah, I'm betting either lyncher or serial killer.

Also this would make the second bet I've won if I'd taken it :P
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:59 am

Post by GreyICE »

Boy, page 2 is just scum telling each other they're pretty sure they know they're both scum together, ain't it?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:03 am

Post by GreyICE »

Okay, it should be lyncher if this was sensibly designed. Serial killer with a giant red flag that they're a serial killer from day 1 is terrible. I mean people start getting stabbed to death, we'd be like... "okay, it's the person who was lynchproof day 1, because they didn't know their own win conditions."

Maybe you were a usurper-style townie who needed a specific person dead to win? Probably Gamma if it worked like that.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:06 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 884, GreyICE wrote:Boy, page 2 is just scum telling each other they're pretty sure they know they're both scum together, ain't it?
Yup. That sure was the case.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:11 am

Post by GreyICE »

I don't think they had enough shots in any reality to win this.

Like the suicidal vigilante role, that's a great way to have 2.5 scum in a game. Might have to borrow it if I ever need that sort of thing.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:12 am

Post by GreyICE »

Like they shoot you. Well Fonz wants Roster dead, Mastina and me want Menalque dead, maybe Baezu gets mislynched, and then they're very short on mislynchable people? Uzi maybe, but that still doesn't get them there. Town was pretty damn good at looking town this game.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:15 am

Post by The Fonz »

Well this isn't how I'd wanted my one comeback game after five years away to end, especially as I'm not sure I want to start another (I really got to hate being scum by the end of playing regularly). Maybe I'll replace into a slot a think looks obvtown.

The heated arguments we'd have had day two about whether to lynch Roster, Menalque or Mastina D2 would have been something.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:16 am

Post by Almost50 »

I don't think momo accounted for a D1 lynch on scum though. In hindsight if I had rolled scum here I would have never revealed I remembered my name unless at least 3 others did (which obviously wasn't happening).

The funny thing is if they would have shot the Mastina! :lol:

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:36 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 889, The Fonz wrote:Well this isn't how I'd wanted my one comeback game after five years away to end, especially as I'm not sure I want to start another (I really got to hate being scum by the end of playing regularly). Maybe I'll replace into a slot a think looks obvtown.

The heated arguments we'd have had day two about whether to lynch Roster, Menalque or Mastina D2 would have been something.
Eh, I wasn't planning on fighting you very hard if you wanted to go Roster. Although he would have suicide vigged and then we'd have had to pick another person by default.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:41 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Btw my suicide Vig (apparently) was to take place a certain time into D2, so it’s possible you would have lynched me before it :P.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:42 am

Post by rosterfoster »

In post 890, Almost50 wrote:I don't think momo accounted for a D1 lynch on scum though. In hindsight if I had rolled scum here I would have never revealed I remembered my name unless at least 3 others did (which obviously wasn't happening).

The funny thing is if they would have shot the Mastina! :lol:
Btw I really don’t think Cyrus was trying to do anything with that.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:44 am

Post by The Fonz »

Grey - at which point I'd be pretty sure I'd have wanted to scratch the Mastina itch.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:24 am

Post by GreyICE »

Oh god yes, that needed to happen.

Although my post lynch baying for Mastina's death was mostly so she'd definitely NK me if she were scum. If you got NKed instead I was planning to take a look at Roster.

Also!
In post 849, The Fonz wrote:Menalque prob town if Cyrus scum.
In post 850, GreyICE wrote:They started faking that tell around 2015.
Told you they started faking that one a while back. I swear every scumbutt on the planet knows that you should stick to your guns vocally post hammer.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:30 am

Post by The Fonz »

I'd re-read and there were a few anti-associative tells betwen Menalque and Cyrus iirc. Probably wouldn't have been down with a Menalque lynch if i'm honest, which would have been shit in hindsight - he dropped one of my favourite individual tells.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:32 am

Post by GreyICE »

Eh, I figured I could probably sell you on it if it came down to it. Mastina started a good wagon, I was happy to sheep.

Truth to be told, I was happy you were pushing Uzi, damned if I could tell his alignment from the six or so posts.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:22 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

RIP
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by Menalque »

I didn’t really enjoy this because I thought that I’d at least know my scum buddies but instead it was playing totally blind. Kinda defeats the idea of informed minority for me tbh. Also, I was legitimately just really busy IRL which is why my posting/catch ups were limited and I maintain that was a bad reason to scumread my slot. Mastina was scary tho.

Also, fwiw I submitted fonz as the NK

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”