eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:29 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 2492, Menalque wrote:Yeah, I think this game is more evidence that bussing isn’t necessarily effective unless you’re hard and early, and even then you have to explain not being the NK after that. I thought you played a good scumgame, but tbh I think you prob should have made different NKs. I don’t think the people you focussed on eliminating were doing a lot, and I think that made it easier to eliminate your partners. Killing me/jjh early would prob have been better I think, as it would have let you control the momentum and direction of the game more.
I didnt have any pings on roles N1 but I felt like jjh and son would be menaces to deal with throughout the game. We were hoping to get info on jjh that night and I thought he was possibly mislynchable so I didnt wanna kill him.

I knew you were TRing me so I wanted to keep you around.

Momo/chemist was nonexistent

TD hadnt done much at that point

Mastina looked kind of bad from her catch up I think

Adorable was pretty much null to all

Elbirn also felt mislynchable

Suji/EP also felt quite mislynchable

Night 2 I still think we had no info on roles and TD started getting to read by all with his townspewing, plus I knew he would want to lynch TL so I advocated for that one

This isnt me arguing that we made the right kills, rather looking for advice on what would've been better
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:30 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 2499, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2495, eth0s wrote:
In post 2493, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 2480, eth0s wrote:In hindsight I dont think there was any way for me to back up his claim as either alignment (as it seems like it all hinges on me taking damage which i did not know of).
Part of our role meant that when we shot you the first time all mod messages the next phase would be missing the letters TOAST.
Heat Up: Each night you may target a player, dealing 1 hit of damage to them. A player with 2 hits of damage on them at the end of the night dies.
Toasted (Feedback Disruptor): due to the pain from being heated in a toaster, feedback received the day after a player is hit by "Heat Up" will lack letters of the word TOAST. This happens regardless of damage nullification.
Short Circuit (Conditional Bomb): if you are targeted by a liquid based active ability, your electrical parts get damaged and you blow up, dying and taking out a player of your choice.
I'm confused how this is supposed to help me clear you. I dont receive feedback for anything so if that applies to me then I fail to see how I would have any feedback to reference
Yeah this the thng I most should have made sure to have my backup aware of
I still dont understand how it would effect me? Like what is considered feedback and who would be missing the TOAST letters?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:30 am

Post by eth0s »

Gj on the shots by EP and suji btw. Was not expecting that whatsoever
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:31 am

Post by jjh927 »

You should have killed me instead of deb

I am extremely difficult to mislynch
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:32 am

Post by eth0s »

I do regret busing elements. To be fair I thought he was going to claim a guilty on jjh and then I was gonna change votes but he didnt do that

I think by day 3 I really didnt have much choice but to bus TL given the way I played but if I could've avoided it I'd like to hear some advice on that too
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:33 am

Post by jjh927 »

You got impressively close, but

town!me has been mislynched twice. Once when I went rather inactive for reasons unrelated to my role and got lynched quite justifiably because it was nothing like my town meta and everything like my scum meta at the time. And once when I replaced into an unclaimed miller slot on day 3, and that was even a really bad mislynch on town's part.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2501, eth0s wrote:I still dont understand how it would effect me? Like what is considered feedback and who would be missing the TOAST letters?
Each daystart everyone was supposed to get a message, it would have included
>nieghborhoods from Korina's role
>actions results if needed
>inventions received
>role changes triggered by jjh's role
and if none of those were there a base "nothing happened for you" message would have happened.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:34 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 2503, jjh927 wrote:You should have killed me instead of deb

25% failure chance from bloodhound fucked us. You were gonna die n2 if we knew you could power everyone up
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:34 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 2506, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2501, eth0s wrote:I still dont understand how it would effect me? Like what is considered feedback and who would be missing the TOAST letters?
Each daystart everyone was supposed to get a message, it would have included
>nieghborhoods from Korina's role
>actions results if needed
>inventions received
>role changes triggered by jjh's role
and if none of those were there a base "nothing happened for you" message would have happened.
Oooooh

Luckily I dont think it ever ended up making a difference?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:36 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 2507, eth0s wrote:

25% failure chance from bloodhound fucked us. You were gonna die n2 if we knew you could power everyone up
It was an alignment check though, not a role check?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:36 am

Post by eth0s »

I think suji put me out if my misery. Day 4 was going to be hell against you fuckers even if jjh died like he was supposed to :lol:
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:39 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 2509, jjh927 wrote:

WOW I actually didnt even realize that. If I did then I forgot it immediately and assumed he would see roles LMAO

Who was 3p??? Elbirn? Chemist?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:41 am

Post by jjh927 »

I don't think anyone was 3p

this was a 13 player game with 3 scum and fairly low town power
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2511, eth0s wrote:

WOW I actually didnt even realize that. If I did then I forgot it immediately and assumed he would see roles LMAO

There was no 3p
bloodhound was meant as a red herring + a believable claim
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:43 am

Post by eth0s »

For the record I don't think I usually suck this much to play with as scum.

No offense intended but I believe both of my scummate played pretty obv scummy and thought I had a pretty good chance of deepwolfing hard this game. I still regret busing them both, I've never done it that hard and feel bad about it
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

though it might have been a town role had the rand gone differently
I made the roles then randed aligns, then tweaked any roles I thought needed it
<Embrace The Void>

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:44 am

Post by jjh927 »

That was a role you were supposed to get towncred for trueclaiming, while giving you a plausible out to getting results every day

Combine that with the inventor who can make a rolecop and suddenly you've got chains of clearing yourselves
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:45 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 2513, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2511, eth0s wrote:

There was no 3p
bloodhound was meant as a red herring + a believable claim
Oh okay. Will mod/dead/scum/neighbor PTs be released. I am on mobile so maybe I missed it if you already said so
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:45 am

Post by jjh927 »

Like, you could have had TL NOT give anything out in N1 but pretend he gave you a rolecop
then, provided you didn't bus elements, you pretend you rolecopped him in N2
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

(how long should I wait to officially talk about my next planned modded game)
<Embrace The Void>

eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:47 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 2516, jjh927 wrote:That was a role you were supposed to get towncred for trueclaiming, while giving you a plausible out to getting results every day

Combine that with the inventor who can make a rolecop and suddenly you've got chains of clearing yourselves
That's a whole other thing. I can see making someone a role cop potentially helping us kinda (doctor and rb not as much) but TL was supposed to potentially get "benefits" for giving out inventions. I'm not sure if that was % based chance or what but I dont think he ever got benefits and I feel like his role kinda sucked for the purpose of balance?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:49 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 2519, Gamma Emerald wrote:(how long should I wait to officially talk about my next planned modded game)
Talk about it whenever but don't run anything until you actually have time to run a game from start to finish

I've been talking about running Kenshi Mafia for like 8 months now and it's happening some time in 2020, but that's not the next game I'm running (I actually just inned to mod a skyrim mod upick) because the large queue is saturated and also I need to be in the right place to run a large mechanical game
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:49 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2500, eth0s wrote:
In post 2492, Menalque wrote:Yeah, I think this game is more evidence that bussing isn’t necessarily effective unless you’re hard and early, and even then you have to explain not being the NK after that. I thought you played a good scumgame, but tbh I think you prob should have made different NKs. I don’t think the people you focussed on eliminating were doing a lot, and I think that made it easier to eliminate your partners. Killing me/jjh early would prob have been better I think, as it would have let you control the momentum and direction of the game more.
I didnt have any pings on roles N1 but I felt like jjh and son would be menaces to deal with throughout the game. We were hoping to get info on jjh that night and I thought he was possibly mislynchable so I didnt wanna kill him.

I knew you were TRing me so I wanted to keep you around.

Momo/chemist was nonexistent

TD hadnt done much at that point

Mastina looked kind of bad from her catch up I think

Adorable was pretty much null to all

Elbirn also felt mislynchable

Suji/EP also felt quite mislynchable

Night 2 I still think we had no info on roles and TD started getting to read by all with his townspewing, plus I knew he would want to lynch TL so I advocated for that one

This isnt me arguing that we made the right kills, rather looking for advice on what would've been better
I would always argue to NK to increase scum control of gamestate, I think, and I think you would have benefitted from having a long term plan on who you wanted to bring to lylo with you and who you were gonna try to mislynch there.

Jjh and I were two of the most active players I think, in terms of moving the game around, and even if we were conflicting at times that weakened your hold on things. Mastina would have been a solid NK later in the game, especially if she’d become more active, or you could have targeted her via elbirn.

I would have liked either me or jjh N1, and the other N2. After talking with me in the pt, I think you probably should have nk’d jjh then hard pushed EP instead of letting the elements lynch happen D2 even with you getting credit for the bus. Then kill me N2 which frees you up to claim whatever you like if needed.

At that point you’d have a game of: you, ele, TL, TD, SoaS, adorable, mastina, chem, Elbirn

You might have needed to 1v1 mastina there if she’d become active, but I think that would have been a pretty promising gamestate. If you managed to mislynch let’s say elbirn there, you could kill mastina and then push either SoaS or adorable for the win.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:50 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2521, jjh927 wrote:
In post 2519, Gamma Emerald wrote:(how long should I wait to officially talk about my next planned modded game)
Talk about it whenever but don't run anything until you actually have time to run a game from start to finish

I've been talking about running Kenshi Mafia for like 8 months now and it's happening some time in 2020, but that's not the next game I'm running (I actually just inned to mod a skyrim mod upick) because the large queue is saturated and also I need to be in the right place to run a large mechanical game
What size is the Skyrim upick?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:51 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 2518, jjh927 wrote:Like, you could have had TL NOT give anything out in N1 but pretend he gave you a rolecop
then, provided you didn't bus elements, you pretend you rolecopped him in N2
Didnt elements see modifiers with it tho? I suppose that could have worked but then he would just have to hang onto the role cop invention for the rest of the game to make me believable right?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”