Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:52 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2504, eth0s wrote:I do regret busing elements. To be fair I thought he was going to claim a guilty on jjh and then I was gonna change votes but he didnt do that

I think by day 3 I really didnt have much choice but to bus TL given the way I played but if I could've avoided it I'd like to hear some advice on that too
I think you should have got him to stfu via the PT then kept pushing jjh. I prob would have gone there and you might have had the votes. If you’d killed me after you might have been okay.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:54 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 2522, Menalque wrote:
In post 2500, eth0s wrote:
In post 2492, Menalque wrote:Yeah, I think this game is more evidence that bussing isn’t necessarily effective unless you’re hard and early, and even then you have to explain not being the NK after that. I thought you played a good scumgame, but tbh I think you prob should have made different NKs. I don’t think the people you focussed on eliminating were doing a lot, and I think that made it easier to eliminate your partners. Killing me/jjh early would prob have been better I think, as it would have let you control the momentum and direction of the game more.
I didnt have any pings on roles N1 but I felt like jjh and son would be menaces to deal with throughout the game. We were hoping to get info on jjh that night and I thought he was possibly mislynchable so I didnt wanna kill him.

I knew you were TRing me so I wanted to keep you around.

Momo/chemist was nonexistent

TD hadnt done much at that point

Mastina looked kind of bad from her catch up I think

Adorable was pretty much null to all

Elbirn also felt mislynchable

Suji/EP also felt quite mislynchable

Night 2 I still think we had no info on roles and TD started getting to read by all with his townspewing, plus I knew he would want to lynch TL so I advocated for that one

This isnt me arguing that we made the right kills, rather looking for advice on what would've been better
I would always argue to NK to increase scum control of gamestate, I think, and I think you would have benefitted from having a long term plan on who you wanted to bring to lylo with you and who you were gonna try to mislynch there.

Jjh and I were two of the most active players I think, in terms of moving the game around, and even if we were conflicting at times that weakened your hold on things. Mastina would have been a solid NK later in the game, especially if she’d become more active, or you could have targeted her via elbirn.

I would have liked either me or jjh N1, and the other N2. After talking with me in the pt, I think you probably should have nk’d jjh then hard pushed EP instead of letting the elements lynch happen D2 even with you getting credit for the bus. Then kill me N2 which frees you up to claim whatever you like if needed.

At that point you’d have a game of: you, ele, TL, TD, SoaS, adorable, mastina, chem, Elbirn

You might have needed to 1v1 mastina there if she’d become active, but I think that would have been a pretty promising gamestate. If you managed to mislynch let’s say elbirn there, you could kill mastina and then push either SoaS or adorable for the win.
I like the logic there except EP scared the shit out if me when he said I should be able to verify his claim. I felt like I couldn't touch him anymore (see all my weirdness around him following that statement)

We should have killed him n2 if nothing else though. Especially now knowing he would kill me lol
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:55 am

Post by eth0s »

Jjh seemed untouchable after he claimed and having chem to back it up. Especially given my stance on korina I think it would have been a huge red flag were I to push him after the claim
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:56 am

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah damn I posted the advertisement for Kenshi Mafia on the 1st March

Setup's been done for 2 and a half months now but sometimes you just have to wait until you can guarantee you can moderate your game for its full duration to a good standard, and it's a large so it'll take a while to play out.

PEdit: The skyrim mod upick is 13p. Not in signups anywhere near now but you can pre-in.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:57 am

Post by Menalque »

Oof, 13p and a Skyrim theme

PRE IN ME UP BABY
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:57 am

Post by eth0s »

Could you PM me or link me details for skyrim because I might pre in.

This was my first upick so idk if i should expect about the same thing or not from other upicks
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:59 am

Post by Sujimichi »

I would be interested in that as well. I had fun with this, but would like to be able to submit my own picks.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:00 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 7050, jjh927 wrote:/in to mod

Game Name:
Skyrim Mod uPick
Flavor/Mechanics:
Send me the names of 3 different skyrim mods when you /in and you'll get a role PM based on one of them. The game's flavour is trying to figure out which mods are causing the game to crash and removing them.

Your Experience:
Look at my banner

Current Modding Commitments:
Nope
Reviewed By:
I'll get someone if I feel like it, or if someone particularly wants to review.

Back-Up or Co-Mod:
Probably won't have one tbh

Number of Players:
Hydrae:
Yes

Restrictions:
No experience requirements, but I do reserve the right to wotm

Is it possible your game has any of the following bastard roles or mechanics?
No.

This is a very not busy time in my life and thus I anticipate a fairly quick game design phase

It's been so long since I last designed a upick that I've forgotten how much I have to think when I design them
It should be easier than upicketypicketypick or that fucking bread upick I ran though
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:11 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 2530, eth0s wrote:Could you PM me or link me details for skyrim because I might pre in.

This was my first upick so idk if i should expect about the same thing or not from other upicks
I'd say there are 3 distinct types of upick;

There's a basic one where you just have roles based on your pick. It's a fairly standard theme game, but it's fun because you get to influence the role PM you get with something you think is cool or funny. That bread upick I mentioned is a good example.
There's the type building on that with some kind of setup mechanic to it. This game went there to some extent, but Spring Fever, the first game I played on site, is a very good example.
And there's the lolbalance type where you go totally over the top with mechanics and it's very swingy and mostly about having fun. Here's uPicketyPicketyPick, although naturally the real master of lolbalance, and who I believe introduced minigames as a thing, is Alisae.

This is of course ignoring the difference between specifically themed upicks and anything upicks because it's not really that meaningful a difference in terms of game design.

The skyrim mod upick will be either the first or second type. I'm not doing anything with minigames for at least a good while. They're a lot of effort, and when I'm feeling particularly creative in mafia terms these days I'm writing a heavily flavour based game instead.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Menalque »

I think you’re maybe a little too worried about seeming town as scum Eth0s

Perhaps consider that town are always in positions of doubt and uncertainty, so you can always just bullshit along the lines of, for example re: TL “I honestly believed he was mislynch bait and scum was trying to set him up”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

My next idea I want to do is a game with underwhelming or mismanaged roles and mechanics in past mafia games. I'm down to take ideas but it most likely won't be a UPick style game
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:33 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 2533, jjh927 wrote:
In post 2530, eth0s wrote:Could you PM me or link me details for skyrim because I might pre in.

I'd say there are 3 distinct types of upick;

There's a basic one where you just have roles based on your pick. It's a fairly standard theme game, but it's fun because you get to influence the role PM you get with something you think is cool or funny. That bread upick I mentioned is a good example.
There's the type building on that with some kind of setup mechanic to it. This game went there to some extent, but Spring Fever, the first game I played on site, is a very good example.
And there's the lolbalance type where you go totally over the top with mechanics and it's very swingy and mostly about having fun. Here's uPicketyPicketyPick, although naturally the real master of lolbalance, and who I believe introduced minigames as a thing, is Alisae.

This is of course ignoring the difference between specifically themed upicks and anything upicks because it's not really that meaningful a difference in terms of game design.

The skyrim mod upick will be either the first or second type. I'm not doing anything with minigames for at least a good while. They're a lot of effort, and when I'm feeling particularly creative in mafia terms these days I'm writing a heavily flavour based game instead.
oh cool thanks for the info. I need to think about joining another upick for a bit. This one kinda stressed me out (really playing as scum in general does) so I'll think a bit and PM you if I decide to pre in
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:36 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 2534, Menalque wrote:I think you’re maybe a little too worried about seeming town as scum Eth0s

Perhaps consider that town are always in positions of doubt and uncertainty, so you can always just bullshit along the lines of, for example re: TL “I honestly believed he was mislynch bait and scum was trying to set him up”
this is true. at least in this game it was. I don't necessarily think it's something I've worried about much in past scumgames (although I think this is only like... my 3rd or 4th one? not sure) but now that you bring it up idk if I've ever thought about it.

The playerlist here scared me which really made me want to bleed town.

Also played a big part in why I tried to dance around TL so much (although I definitely took it to theatrics I genuinely dont know how tf to read him)
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:13 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Hey Jjh, I want to play! /in :D.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by MariaR »

I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”