Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I forgot how triggering the word "lie" is for you, sorry!
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3950, Pink Ball wrote:I forgot how triggering the word "lie" is for you, sorry!
I accept your apology and yeah saying someone lied, is basically accusing them of KNOWINGLY saying things DELIBERATELY that they 100% know to be false and I obviously wasn’t doing that.

And @Ame, I think it was understandable why I was tilted at you but but I did sincerely apologize to you for that, something you have yet to acknowledge. But I would seriously like to know how I’m responsible for anything spring did. spring 100% does owe you an apology and her behaviour towards you was definitely toxic but that’s 100% not on me.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3949, Pink Ball wrote:I used that word because I'm not an english native speaker lol that's why I've been telling you to chill, I'm not attacking you or angry or frustrated or nothing.

And once again, your theory was good. I haven't said the opposite.
It still makes me feel like crying to be blamed by Ame and personally attacked by ABR, when I literally solved the game.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Ginngie »

Stop playing mafia

The games core mechanic is about lying

You won’t find joy in this game
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3953, Ginngie wrote:Stop playing mafia

I think you may be misinterpreting mine and PB’s convo. I play mafia because I’m obsessed with figuring out stuff and solving riddles.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3954, Raven Branwen wrote:

I think you may be misinterpreting mine and PB’s convo. I play mafia because I’m obsessed with figuring out stuff and solving riddles.
What I have trouble dealing with is unprovoked meanness. I don’t feel I anything to warrant Ame’s blame and 100% not ABR’s abuse. You especially do not expect to be shit on for literally solving the game. Thank you @Titus, for helping me to maintain my sanity.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Ame »

I'm sorry you are hurt Raven, it's truly painful for me that you feel that way. However, I do think such experiences are necessary for healthy development. We all go through them. I make my post not out of ill-will, but with the hope that my take is something that you can reflect upon and utilize to strengthen your character. I am grateful for your apology; however, apologies without the accompanying behavioral changes are only half complete. There were many times where you said something mean to someone this game out of nowhere, and while you did apologize for a couple of them later, the pattern of lashing out and expressing remorse when pressed seems to be persistent and something I think you should work on.

I also think you should work on looking at the game from other players' points of view and from an objective standpoint. For example, your reaction to the Creature lynch and your continued justification of the reaction is unwarranted. We were always going to lynch a town member that day. Everyone was pushing town members that were within their PoE. Your PoE was not the only PoE. You and Titus were making pushes for NK and ABR, both players who I had argued were clear, at the time when I made the Creature push.

Lastly, threatening to blacklist someone for an in-game disagreement is wholly unacceptable and itself should be a blacklistable offense as it is using outside influence to affect the game. Please never do that again. Regarding the content of your play and playstyle, I'll do a full analysis if I find the time and motivation and private message you. If you have any further response regarding any of this, please PM me.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

My criticism of your posts being 1) immature 2) wrong 3) not fun to play with are legitimate and not mean-spirited. Try to understand how you are being perceived so you can improve.

Mafia isn't a riddle for you to solve alone, other people's criticisms are important to take into account because you need others to win.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3956, Ame wrote:I'm sorry you are hurt Raven, it's truly painful for me that you feel that way. However, I do think such experiences are necessary for healthy development. We all go through them. I make my post not out of ill-will, but with the hope that my take is something that you can reflect upon and utilize to strengthen your character. I am grateful for your apology; however, apologies without the accompanying behavioral changes are only half complete. There were many times where you said something mean to someone this game out of nowhere, and while you did apologize for a couple of them later, the pattern of lashing out and expressing remorse when pressed seems to be persistent and something I think you should work on.

I also think you should work on looking at the game from other players' points of view and from an objective standpoint. For example, your reaction to the Creature lynch and your continued justification of the reaction is unwarranted. We were always going to lynch a town member that day. Everyone was pushing town members that were within their PoE. Your PoE was not the only PoE. You and Titus were making pushes for NK and ABR, both players who I had argued were clear, at the time when I made the Creature push.

Lastly, threatening to blacklist someone for an in-game disagreement is wholly unacceptable and itself should be a blacklistable offense as it is using outside influence to affect the game. Please never do that again. Regarding the content of your play and playstyle, I'll do a full analysis if I find the time and motivation and private message you. If you have any further response regarding any of this, please PM me.
I would honestly love to know why you continue to disregard what I told you. I gave you an explanation, which for some inexplicable reason you continue to fail to address, so your reaction isn’t logically warranted unless/until you actually attempt to address my reasons and at least make some good faith effort to even try to view it from my perspective. All I’m continuing to hear from you is continued criticism and blame and I might actually be open to that, if you weren’t blatantly refusing to address literally ANY of my extremely valid points. I would be very open to a good faith open and reasonable dialogue with you but all I continue to read from you is more reasons why in your esteemed opinion, I apparently suck, despite my literally solving this game and yes I am very sadly reconciled to you never giving me the credit for that I deserve

If you banned every player on here who ever threatened a blacklist, there would be few players left to even play games and as far as I know that isn’t against the rules but otoh, threatening to policy lynch someone in future games actually is and is bannable. What is the obvious difference? One is a player’s personal right, the other one is straight up manipulation and bullying.

I cannot take anything you’re saying seriously until you at least acknowledge my arguments, I’m not even holding out hope at this time that you will even ever address them, which I find extremely disheartening, because how do you expect us to come to any kind of understanding at all, when your entire argument seems to be based on, that you’re 100% right, where I am 100% wrong in my assessment of the situation and unless you honestly think you’re literally perfect and played a flawless game yourself, if you’re being 100% honest with yourself, you’d have to acknowledge that the truth lies somewhere in the middle but I’ve done my part in trying to work this out but the onus is on you to try and meet me half way and if you are unwilling to do this, you aren’t being honest with me, let alone yourself.

That’s what I already apologized for the blacklist thing and you continue to refuse to accept it and throw it in my face. You claim that I apparently haven’t learned from this. Why? Because I considered ABR’s comments to me abusive and actually justfying that? That as Titus already pointed out is actually a valid reason to blacklist a player, so that I make no apologies for nor should I.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 7:55 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

I am sincerely trying to manage my emotions more productively and yes, I’m working extremely hard on that. If you prefer to believe this is in any way, shape or form, even slightly being disingenuous on my part, I honestly don’t know how to convince you otherwise.

Your play frequently unnerved me like after you pretty much implied I was obvtown, you literally tried to drive a mislynch on me. That literally freaked me out and yes, I was in complete shock at that and probably did not handle it as gracefully as I ideally would like. I don’t think I’ve ever played before with anyone quite like you, whose reads apparently change with the wind or that’s definitely how it looked to me. I found your constantly changing your reads, extremely difficult to deal with and I felt that it was constantly destabilizing the game. Yes, you did hurt me. It’s literally a first for me to get shit on after I solved a game and I’m still having a great deal of trouble wrapping my brain around that. At the very least, I should merit some acknowledgement for correctly identifying PB as the last scum but I’m not holding my breath, since despite your claiming that hurting me “pains” you, you continue to do this and fail to give me any credit whatsoever in solving the game and yes, PB was in my PoE before your TSE/ABR clears.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 2:28 am

Post by Raya36 »

Good game everyone and thank you to the mods!
Flight of the Conchords
Flight of the Conchords
Townie
Flight of the Conchords
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 4:17 am

Post by Flight of the Conchords »

Good game all.

I've got to commend Ame for playing great in this game. Vigging Farkscum was crucial. Seems like you had a really cool role. Thanks for giving us the sword, too.
I felt the Creature lynch was a mechanically poor choice, but other than that you did a really good job.

Thanks to scum as well for killing us N1. As ever, I take it as a compliment.

There's a number of you I enjoyed playing with, and i'd be happy to see again, including spring - it's a shame she replaced out. A few of you got under each others feathers a bit, it seems.

- Bret
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 5:57 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Your PoE on D1 was scary dude. Well played
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Farkran »

Brilliantly played Ame, you carried town hard.

Let it be known though that i insisted on sabotaging you n1, which would have changed the game dramatically. I should have insisted more.

Not my best game anyways, i was still feeling the scars of other games i was in while playing this. I'm sorry to my team (but also secretly begrudging that ame sabotage mrglrgl)
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 3962, Pink Ball wrote:Your PoE on D1 was scary dude. Well played
Seconded, flight had to die in a fire and leave no trace

Full solve on d1 is scary, no matter how poorly we played
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 6:16 am

Post by Farkran »

Also i'd like to read the dead thread if possible
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3890, Professor Moriarty wrote:Mod
Dead

Just checking with scum before releasing their topic.
It's pretty dead.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 7:40 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 3533, Alisae wrote:
In post 3531, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 3529, Alisae wrote:
In post 3525, Raven Branwen wrote:Scum can’t NK their buddies
is this a rule
I’ve never seen a game where this has happened but I want the mod to confirm it just in case. Wouldn’t that make the game bastard?
its how i got my don corleone win in 2017 and ABR did it in that same year. He shot Kuribo and we won the game :]

It was the other way around btw, I shot ABR with a Vig shot gunsmithed to me by DGB and we won.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 7:43 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 3966, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3890, Professor Moriarty wrote:Mod
Dead

Just checking with scum before releasing their topic.
It's pretty dead.
Didn't notice the post, thanks

Well i appreciated the dead thread, but i'm sorry that flight didn't enjoy playing with us. I'd have liked to see the parallel universe where we sabotaged ame, but oh well. Still gg town this was deserved
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 7:59 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

I find Joy in the concept and being right.
Flight of the Conchords
Flight of the Conchords
Townie
Flight of the Conchords
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Flight of the Conchords »

Without wanting to get too negative, that comment was about town players I felt weren't interested in playing, certainly not you, or any of the scum. It's clear you put a great deal of effort into this game, and I respect that, even if I happened to get as correct scumread on you.

I have a habit of not interacting with people if i've sorted them as scum, so it can come across as cold, I think.

- Bret
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 8:27 am

Post by springlullaby »

I totally know why ABR thought my slot was scum :)
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 8:34 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 3961, Flight of the Conchords wrote:Good game all.

I've got to commend Ame for playing great in this game. Vigging Farkscum was crucial. Seems like you had a really cool role. Thanks for giving us the sword, too.
I felt the Creature lynch was a mechanically poor choice, but other than that you did a really good job.

Thanks to scum as well for killing us N1. As ever, I take it as a compliment.

There's a number of you I enjoyed playing with, and i'd be happy to see again, including spring - it's a shame she replaced out. A few of you got under each others feathers a bit, it seems.

- Bret
I liked playing with you as well :)
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Do you all think this was balanced?
Honestly... I see it as townsided if I look at it.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Game swinged towards town because my role was a support one, but could've gone the other way.

I mean I describe a game as balanced when it's not swingy, but I wouldn't call it unbalanced/townsided either. Just swingy. We used the quest mechanic once, for example.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”