Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:41 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2697, skitter30 wrote:i think if we were both on-wagon we probably weren't and would have like killed you or something
Really? I would have pushed pretty hard to kill Allo anyway; it seems like common sense to take out the cop as soon as possible even if he can't get a guilty. Him getting an innocent still harms us.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:42 am

Post by skitter30 »

eh we would have had to have discuss it
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:44 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2699, Auro wrote:
In post 2697, skitter30 wrote:i felt like i was spewing so much bs
EXACTLY - that's part of how I scumread you, I KNEW you understood. And you did this for like basically every argument I was throwing.

Fun stuff :lol:
that's the thing, we all know that i'm not gonna continuously just like *not* get something like this, so i always feel like i'm on shaky ground when my entire position through the game is dependant on me spewing nonsense that i make up on the spot
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:45 am

Post by Eve »

well played skitter and Limit!

i'm just proud of myself for being right on skitts for most of the game
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:45 am

Post by Auro »

The benefit would be that he gets pushed anyway D2, probably to claim, and town would probably think scum didn't find his crumb. I would personally have advocated to keep him around for another day and instead kill someone I felt threatened by.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:46 am

Also, regarding the neighborhoods, I don't think it was laziness. There was really no reason to say anything in there that couldn't be said in the main thread, because the only PR died N1 so nobody had any hidden information (and even if they did, the neighborhoods are huge so it's very hard to actually selectively share information with people you trust).

I will actually say I think this was a problem with The Newsroom as well; that was a game with tons of private communication, and barely any of it got used, because nobody had anything to talk about.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:48 am

Post by Auro »

In post 2703, Eve wrote:well played skitter and Limit!

We were the dead thread paragons :3

@Skitter: I definitely relate to that position. Twice in games I've had pages upon pages of wall wars with Thor while being a bit daft intentionally (as he was making pretty valid points). And town always just scumread him somehow as a result and lynched him, lulz. Fun when it works!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:50 am

In post 2704, Auro wrote:The benefit would be that he gets pushed anyway D2, probably to claim, and town would probably think scum didn't find his crumb. I would personally have advocated to keep him around for another day and instead kill someone I felt threatened by.
That doesn't sound like a benefit... it sounds like we let a townie get cleared for no reason.

And yeah I suppose if there were someone terrifying who's a "drop everything and kill this person" deal, then maybe, but there are very few people I'm THAT afraid of and nobody was that dangerous to us yet. (Even with you we decided we could keep you around one or two days more and that would be all right :P)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:51 am

In post 2706, Auro wrote:We were the dead thread paragons :3
The trick to playing scum is to make sure everyone solves the game right after they die :lol:
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:54 am

Post by skitter30 »

you were! sorry for the mislynch, i kinda saw the day coming down to me or you and i kinda wanted it to not be me for obvious reasons
i thought your spew was hilarious too!
Show
Hiatus once more.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:54 am

Post by Auro »

In post 2707, Something_Smart wrote:That doesn't sound like a benefit... it sounds like we let a townie get cleared for no reason.
That is, if it's a given that scum spotted the crumb. ;)
Town would *probably* think scum didn't spot it otherwise.

Allo from my PoV would not just be not dangerous, but I'd know town would be trying to lynch him the next day as well.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

i think if if both of us were onwagon an inno could have been a good thing because it would have given limit a reason to Not be Dead
Show
Hiatus once more.

Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:13 am

Post by Eve »

In post 2709, skitter30 wrote:

you were! sorry for the mislynch, i kinda saw the day coming down to me or you and i kinda wanted it to not be me for obvious reasons
i thought your spew was hilarious too!
of course dw about the mislynch obviously

i'm glad! i had fun scumclaiming - speaking of what was the reaction you thought was scummy from Limit North?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:20 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 2705, Something_Smart wrote:Also, regarding the neighborhoods, I don't think it was laziness. There was really no reason to say anything in there that couldn't be said in the main thread, because the only PR died N1 so nobody had any hidden information (and even if they did, the neighborhoods are huge so it's very hard to actually selectively share information with people you trust).

I will actually say I think this was a problem with The Newsroom as well; that was a game with tons of private communication, and barely any of it got used, because nobody had anything to talk about.
@nsg I think you could change the mechanic slightly so that the person who gets lynched gets to choose who out of their wagon becomes part of the neighborhood? That would somewhat address the issue of people not trusting each other in the neighborhood.

For me there wasn’t a particular reason to post in that thread because we already knew the solve (obviously) and didn’t need to post in the neighborhood in order to garner more townreads.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:30 am

In post 2710, Auro wrote:That is, if it's a given that scum spotted the crumb.
I don't see why tricking town into thinking we didn't spot it helps at all. It's not like people were forming reads on the basis of who would or wouldn't have seen it.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Titus »

I am glad everyone had fun.

I just couldn't get in sync with town and they couldn't get in sync with me. I take responsibility for that. I did debate lynching Skitter at lylo minus one day but felt wholly unsupported, so I went to Eve instead. I suppose I can figure out ways to make myself easier to work with, even when my methods are tarnished. This was a rare game where scum had no fucks given the entire game, which really fucks with VCA. I am glad I was able to see GL town though.

I would play with all of you again. We got trounced due to 2 v 7 mountainous. But that trouncing was fair and completely within the spirit of the rules. GG scum well played.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Auro »

In post 2714, Something_Smart wrote:I don't see why tricking town into thinking we didn't spot it helps at all. It's not like people were forming reads on the basis of who would or wouldn't have seen it.
Both ways. My prediction then would've been that they would. :P
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:13 am

Post by acryon »

In post 2715, Titus wrote:I am glad everyone had fun.

I just couldn't get in sync with town and they couldn't get in sync with me. I take responsibility for that. I did debate lynching Skitter at lylo minus one day but felt wholly unsupported, so I went to Eve instead. I suppose I can figure out ways to make myself easier to work with, even when my methods are tarnished. This was a rare game where scum had no fucks given the entire game, which really fucks with VCA. I am glad I was able to see GL town though.

I would play with all of you again. We got trounced due to 2 v 7 mountainous. But that trouncing was fair and completely within the spirit of the rules. GG scum well played.
Eh idk. It was tough because you inherited a slot that had basically done zero, so you had to start from scratch and people struggled with your VCA in light of all the wagon manipulation. So I don't think it had much to do with you at all, just some weird circumstances.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:11 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 2705, Something_Smart wrote:I will actually say I think this was a problem with The Newsroom as well; that was a game with tons of private communication, and barely any of it got used, because nobody had anything to talk about.
meh, i think people used their roles as effectively as they could've in the newsroom. rc got some hidden info from skygazer and used it to fakeclaim something, sky got serious help from the worst, shoshin and ankamius
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:13 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 2712, Eve wrote:i'm glad! i had fun scumclaiming - speaking of what was the reaction you thought was scummy from Limit North?
it was actually skitter's "sweet". in a normal game i would consider it scummy because she seemingly doesn't care about final thoughts before she might get killed - in this game there's obviously the neighborhood that alleviates that, but even there if i recall it didn't seem like she was worried.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:23 am

In post 2718, northsidegal wrote:rc got some hidden info from skygazer and used it to fakeclaim something, sky got serious help from the worst, shoshin and ankamius
The role that can invite other people to the game is cool although I wouldn't really call it private communication because that's the only way those people can interact with the game anyway. As for the fakeclaim, yeah, that was interesting, but it was pretty much the only interesting thing because the power level of most of the roles were so low.

I generally prefer hoods in role-madness or even just standard closed games where the players might have something interesting to talk about that they wouldn't want to share. The hood is cool in this setup just because it is an elegant way to say that the cop has to check off-wagon; I don't think the setup would be worse if the hoods didn't really exist (but still impacted TA results).
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:43 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2719, northsidegal wrote:
In post 2712, Eve wrote:i'm glad! i had fun scumclaiming - speaking of what was the reaction you thought was scummy from Limit North?
it was actually skitter's "sweet". in a normal game i would consider it scummy because she seemingly doesn't care about final thoughts before she might get killed - in this game there's obviously the neighborhood that alleviates that, but even there if i recall it didn't seem like she was worried.
yeah i was activley thinking about playing that up in the hood but being worried of dying seemed silly when i just pushed a townflip and i was next so i didn't think that owuld be believable
Show
Hiatus once more.

lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:22 am

Post by lilith2013 »

@nsg thank you for the scummy nom! This is the first time I’ve been nominated for anything related to mafia :]
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:46 am

Post by BBmolla »

gg yo
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

damn, gg everyone! Very well played by Limit/Skitter!! The theater between you two on D1 was perfectly pulled off, I independently lock-towned Lilith from it and a pairing between you two basically never once crossed my mind after that. I think we coulda got skitter eventually today maybe but hard to see us winning in 3p, the whole town was p much suckered. this is definitely a game for me to learn from for sure
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”