SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:51 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Given the cop claim, I think lynching IS makes the most sense. In spite of concerns about spork's scumminess and/or sanity, following this route seems more likely to turn up scum than the usual randomish day one voting.

I, too, would at least like to hear from IS first, though.
FOS Internet Stranger.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:30 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Well, this business with Crola is interesting and hard to understand. But I think lynching a claimed doc on day one makes less sense than a wait-and-see attitude.

So, now that there have been some unvotes on IS, I don't feel the need to hold mine back anymore.
Vote Internet Stranger.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:35 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

I had been thinking that Crola was probably the real doctor, but was a little surprised he survived the night. Maybe he can protect himself? Maybe the scum (both groups?) decided to keep him around to mess with our heads? Maybe he really is mafia? I dunno. I, too, am waiting to hear from spork.

I wonder what happened to the yuppie nightkill? Blocked by doctor?
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:01 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Mepmuff's logic here is exactly right. The mafia loses when it has fewer members than confirmed innocents. Thus confirmed innocents should be kept a secret so that the mafia can't specifically target them.

At least that is true in the general case. In this particular case, where the town is so laser-beam focused on one person, I can understand spork revealing. Although now we lose any information we could have gained by watching the bandwagon form and disband. Would not have been a waste of time in my opinion. Rushing things along only helps scum.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:51 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Yeesh, I don't understand a bandwagon on mepmuff at all at this point.

Vote sycko999
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:40 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Eh, if there is nothing else to do, hunt lurkers.

Unvote sycko999, Vote NanookTheWolf.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:15 pm

Post by SpeedyKQ »

When I put a vote on Nanook, I wasn't expecting to trigger the voting avalanche that happened. Some of us are a little eager, maybe?

Time to spread the lurker love around.

Unvote NanookTheWolf, Vote Motox
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:49 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Recky wrote:Given the way Spork and Crola have conducted themselves today, I don't want to have to rely on either of them for anything. The more they post, the more I'm beginning to think that they are 2 of a scum group of 3, and that they might have sacrificed one of their number on day 1 in order for Spork to gain some credibility with the town.

I have no way of proving that, but Crola's eagerness to get to night, irrespective of who is lynched, and Spork's general behaviour, make me think that they're not all they're cracked up to be.
I've been thinking about this too. If Crola, spork, and IS are a mafia group, this is a really bad strategy in a large game where there is likely to be another evil group. The better you convince the town to keep you alive during the day, the more likely you are to be killed at night.

I'm not sure that blackhawk is scum, but I can't envision this bandwagon derailing and a new one forming, so I'll jump on. In any case he has certainly been confusing and distracting.

Unvote motox, Vote blackhawk

But with still one post total this whole game I'd really like to know what is up with motox.

And spork, while I suppose asking for investigation suggestions is OK, it is very important that you not reveal who you picked, at least while Crola is around. Of course, that may not be much longer.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:34 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Vote halfpint.
This is a no-brainer. The cop has determined she is guilty, and he has been correct every time so far. True, you can never be 100% sure of anything, but the overwhelming likelyhood points to spork being a normal sane cop.

We have confirmed that halfpint can make others vote a certain way, but that seems much more like an evil role than a good role. When we lynch halfpint, I have a feeling that she won't be identified as a "mayor".
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:07 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

As far as I am concerned, halfpint is more likely to be a killer than any other one player here. Often individual members of killing groups have special abilities. Influencing others' votes doesn't seem out-of-flavor for yuppies. There is a good chance that there is only yuppie left and halfpint is it.

The cop finds bad guys and we lynch 'em. This one isn't hard, people.

FOS mepmuff
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:09 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

OK, my post count is slightly lower because there was a very active four day stretch when I was on vacation, duly posted in the thread. Outside of that, I have never let more than a couple of days go by without posting, and when I do post it is more often paragraphs than one-liners. If you pull up lists of all posts by user, this comment especially seems dishonest:
Crola wrote:at least inhim's post contribute something, sure he's a lurker, but SpeedyKQ has said certually nothing that adds to the game so he seems to me to be more of a lurker than inhim
inHim's posts look fine, at least in terms of quantity and game-relatedness, but I don't see how mine are worse. Also, since he replaced motox, mole 2 has not been any more active than I have. Yes, some have posted more than me, but I just can't understand how anyone can say I am the "biggest lurker ever" and my posts are "certainly nothing that adds to the game".

Vote Crola.
Is this OMGUS? I don't know. I do know that the speed and lack of reason in this bandwagon would bother me even if I weren't the target of it.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:12 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Well, I still disagree that the amount of posting that I have been doing meets any definition of lurking, but I shall explain in-depth why I have had fewer posts than some. Two weeks ago I spent Thursday through Sunday losing money with my lovely wife in Las Vegas - I asked bloojay to post that I would be away and he did. I spend all of last week visiting my in-laws in California. I was able to log in four times using my brother-in-law's computer. I didn't post anything about sporadic access for the week because I figured once every day or two would be enough, but obviously I was wrong. Now that I am back home I had been checking the thread a couple times a day waiting for it to open.

The four times I logged in last week:
Monday Nov 1 - The thread was closed.
Tuesday Nov 2 - The thread was closed.
Thursday Nov 4 - I logged in and posted twice.
Friday Nov 5 - We were in twilight, halfpint had already received enough votes but the deathscene wasn't posted yet. I did not add anything.

Wednesday the 3rd had the flurry of activity and that was the day I missed. I did however have a charming day at the San Diego Zoo trying to forget about the election results. If you want to lynch me for not being able to check in multiple times a day every day, so be it.

I had been fully expecting to discuss halfpint being identified as mayor in spite of the cop findings, which seems like a far more pertinent issue than the frequency of my posts.

Is my voting back at Crola scummy? I think any intellegent player would vote back when somebody votes against them and gives a nonsense reason. To say that I haven't been posting enough is arguable. To say that the content of my posts didn't contribute to the game is a bald-faced lie intended to mislead. Look at my posts and judge for yourself.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:31 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

I'm not sure if you're kidding, but it seems pretty likely that terrorists are blowing people to bits and yuppies are killing people with trappings of wealth.

I looked on the wiki pages, and nosy neighbor might be like the neighborhood watch, who investigates potential victims rather than killers. If they are watching a house where somebody gets killed, they find out who the killer is. Or it might be completely different. No idea about the pervert.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:26 pm

Post by SpeedyKQ »

I don't think we can know any specific answers about these unusual roles, but I'm not sure how important it is anyway, with them being dead and all. I may consider shifting my vote, but I'm going to reread the whole thread first, probably tomorrow morning.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:12 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

To be honest sycko's SK comment doesn't bother me much, I agree with Crola that based on the nightscenes it is very unlikely that the game has a SK.

But I really don't agree with the reason sycko gave for his vote on me. And what bothers me most about sycko is how eager he was to lynch Crola 1 the doctor during the first couple of days.
Unvote Crola, vote sycko999.

FOS Peacebringer
for eagerness to pile onto whoever just got a vote.

FOS lazarusmoth
for defending me so staunchly. (Am I insane?) I've seen scum do this before to try to get an innocent player on their side.

Well, that is enough recriminations for one post, I think.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:22 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Simulpost. I might not have FOS'ed you if I had read your lastest post.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:04 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Not that it is ironic or anything, but Recky sure hasn't said much since FOSing me for lurking.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:43 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

What are you talking about? Recky has said nothing in over four days and the thread has been open the whole time! He has posted exactly one more time than me, and on average his posts are shorter.

My point is not to criticize Recky so much as to point out that Crola is completely full of it.

Unvote sycko999, vote Crola.

Does anybody think Crola is making sense here?
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (isolation #18) » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:58 pm

Post by SpeedyKQ »

A vote count and a prod of Recky would be helpful.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:30 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

I am skeptical, but better to be safe.
Unvote Crola.
If there is also a backup doc (which seems unlikely given spork died) he should protect Crola.

I shall fall back on my second choice.
Vote sycko999.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:47 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Ack! We have five players left, with at least one from each scum group. And if there are two terrorists left then we almost definitely lose if we don't get one of them today.

PeaceBringer is probably innocent based on Crola II's investigation. Certainly not a guarantee, given the mayor was a guilty-looking townie. Anyways I could stand to hear a reason for PB's vote for me.

I did a read-through, and I wish I had a stronger hunch. For now I will
vote mole
because he (and motox who he replaced) has managed to say almost nothing all game. I'd at least like to know where he stands on things so I can form an opinion.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:19 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Vote Peacebringer.
ADD boy is one of the more inventive claims I've seen. "All my targets are dead" is a pretty weak way of avoiding a full explanation of your night choices. And ADD boy doesn't even make sense as a roleblocker. I could see a role like that being a townie with some kind of downside, but not a roleblocker.

Also, we can't be sure if mole's yuppie claim is true. If we are operating under the assumption that we have to kill a terrorist and not a yuppie, how clever would it be for a terrorist to claim yuppie to survive the day?
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:29 pm

Post by SpeedyKQ »

How does my disputing PB make me look scummy? mole claims scum, votes for me, PB piles on without giving any reason why I'm suspicious, and comes out with a hard-to-believe claim and this isn't supposed to bother me at all? I just really have a problem with "ADD boy" as a role-blocker.

lazarus' theorizing makes my head hurt. I'm not sure if we're being too confident in the number of scum in each group. 3 and 3 is most likely but it is not definite. In any case I would very much like to hear how lazarus "knows I am scum".
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #23) » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:06 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

I have no idea what I can say that will make a difference. I'm a townie. I just am and there is no real way to prove it. If there are two scum left on the same team, they have to be mole and PB or else the day would have ended by now. But I still think everyone is being too certain that there are exactly 3 of each group in the game.

This is all just getting annoying. I have two people on the one hand accusing me of being a terrorist and one on the other accusing me of being a yuppie, and likely they're all just trying to further their own ends.

I'll admit that mole claiming yuppie then PB claiming ADD boy would very creative scum play, and if works, I suppose all we can do is congratulate them. I'll make the same offer PB did. If there are any questions I can answer or any specific actions you'd like me to defend, I'd be glad to do so.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:57 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Well, I can't answer for lazarus's votes because I had nothing to do with them. On that day I felt strongly that Crola and sycko were scum working together. I didn't agree with the accusations against me from either one of them. So I kept my vote on whichever one of those two I thought was closer to lynch. Also, I specifically moved my vote away from Crola when he claimed cop, even though I didn't really believe him, just to be safe.

Of course I turned out to be wrong about them being scum, but I do still think that their accusations against me were bogus.

I'm sorry if the truth isn't stellar enough to save us, but it is what it is.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (isolation #25) » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:55 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

This message goes to the decadent yuppie called mole. There are two heathen townpersons left and if we kill each other tonight they will win! The only acceptable outcome is a righteous death for all! I propose tonight that you kill the argumentative one Peacebringer, and my brother shall kill the indecisive one InHim. Then tomorrow night, you shall kill each other and all shall perish for the glory of Allah!

You may lynch me now. I am ready for my virgins.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (isolation #26) » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:20 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Good game all. Was fun.

I hope this doesn't come off as poor sportsmanship, but I don't think the scum had much of a chance this game. Two competing scum groups drastically reduces the chances of either one winning. I think an opposing killing group of 3, a doc, a cop and a backup cop was a little too much to hope to overcome. Yes, we came close, but look at what a great start we had with the cop and doc outed day one.

Also, I can't figure out why mole decided to throw the game to the town. I'm not sure that he had no chance at that point, but why throw the game at all?

In any case it was a fun ride. Maybe I'm just bitter because I didn't get any virgins. I was promised virgins!!! :evil:
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (isolation #27) » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:21 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

Good game all. Was fun.

I hope this doesn't come off as poor sportsmanship, but I don't think the scum had much of a chance this game. Two competing scum groups drastically reduces the chances of either one winning. I think an opposing killing group of 3, a doc, a cop and a backup cop was a little too much to hope to overcome. Yes, we came close, but look at what a great start we had with the cop and doc outed day one.

Also, I can't figure out why mole decided to throw the game to the town. I'm not sure that he had no chance at that point, but why throw the game at all?

In any case it was a fun ride. Maybe I'm just bitter because I didn't get any virgins. I was promised virgins!!! :evil:
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (isolation #28) » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:17 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

mole wrote:Okay, so would you guys
really
have killed inHim if I said I'd go along with your plan?
That would have been up to lazarus, but I was hoping he wouldn't. :wink: It was a classic prisoner's dilemma. If both sides had cooperated we each would have done better, but either one of us does better individually by not cooperating.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”