Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:29 am

Post by Thoth »

Cadmium wrote:Okay, I think we are dealing with two mafia families (the outlaws and the Baron of Ness's men) and an SK, the same situation as in the first part. So that's probably 2 outlaws and 3 Nesses left. And I guess we have to thank the outlaws for killing off the SK and visa versa :).
Didn't we have 4 killing parties in the first part? I seem to recall 2 Mafia groups and 2 SK's, but I did not check back.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:03 am

Post by Thoth »

OK, I've found why I thought that. We had a doctor that did not protect, but had a 50% chance of killing his target. We probably had 4 kills some night because of this, making me think there were more.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:54 pm

Post by Thoth »

Yes, was just continuing the small discussion I had with Cadmium 2 posts above that post.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:45 pm

Post by Thoth »

I'll join the let's wait for Phoebus faction.

In the meantime I'll
vote:Quagmire
. Why Fos a player because he votes you for lurking.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #84 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:04 am

Post by Thoth »

OK, now that's a lead :)

unvote:Quagmire
vote:Cadmium

And Phoebus probably has to practice his 'I found scum last night and now try to gently nudge the town in that direction' routine a bit more :mrgreen: .
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #108 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:53 am

Post by Thoth »

Pooky wrote: Pooky was a very happy bear right?
Then POOF! A very very mysterious looking magician guy popped outta nowhere and kinda scolded pooky in a very very angry voice:
"You stupid bear!!!! Get back to my mafia game before I smite you!"
Pooky was a very very scared little bear at this point, and ran as fast as he could back to da village.
:D Great stuff.

unvote:Cadmium

This roleclaim could be true. If it is it's a role that I'd like to keep around. Of course that's basically always the case when Cadmium roleclaims as scum as well.
I think best tactics would be to not lynch him and wait for him to be killed by scum. If that does not happen we could still lynch him later on. His role seems to be too dangerous for scum to have around for long.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #119 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:45 am

Post by Thoth »

I agree on that with igbomb. When a cop comes out with incriminating evidence I at least want a claim. Even after the claim I still rate the chance that Cadmium is scum at higher than 50%, but as I said before there's no hurry to lynch him today and I want to take the chance that he's not scum and may take out someone for us.
Also a minor point. igbomb did not put Cadmium 1 away from lynch if the vote count is correct as it's 10 to lynch with 18 alive.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #185 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:36 am

Post by Thoth »

Still here as well/ I just don't see a lot in either bandwagon at the moment. The person I still think is most likely to be scum is Cadmium and him I don't want to vote today for the reasons I stated earlier.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #204 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:35 am

Post by Thoth »

Hmm, maybe giving igbomb a chance to roleclaim would have been nice :?:
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #217 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:15 pm

Post by Thoth »

Great, teh gmae stlil lievs. A mmeorail psot for Marcos and a big
Hurray
for Talitha for taking over.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #234 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:31 am

Post by Thoth »

Finally found some time to reread the thread. There's actually a lot of info from the first day. Not so strange as it was 10 pages and resulted in a scum lynch. Don't know yet what to do with it though.

The hammer Phoebus found looks a bit strange as our blacksmith already died. Maybe he had an apprentice. I just wonder what kind of ability the blacksmith would have had.
If there is a blacksmith's apprentice it certainly would back Cadmium's claim. When this role is so important that it needs a backup I'd guess that we have multiple people with armor/swords in the game.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #283 (isolation #11) » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:39 pm

Post by Thoth »

Cadmium wrote: The first night, I picked Thoth to watch over.

I tend to believe MoS. The way he claimed it really sounds like Macros. I'm still not sure what the argument against him was, but I think Quailman hit the nail on it's head with the 'bunch of people too lazy to read the thread'. I don't agree with the Fos for Pooky though. That would be better placed on some of the people that jumped on without giving better reasons then 'Oh, he looks scummy'. I'll take that a step further and vote one of them:
vote:Quagmire
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #330 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:03 am

Post by Thoth »

Save The Dragons wrote:There was one event in particular that caught my attention:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:You must all bow down to me!!!! heh...

I am Lord Mastermind of Sin, lord of this village.
Thoth wrote: I tend to believe MoS. The way he claimed it really sounds like Macros.
Thoth's statement is a generic view that Quailman and Pooky also expressed; that MoS was indeed the lord of thier village with this small, informationless claim. When I first saw MoS's claim, my thoughts were basically that anyone with half a brain of medieval times would know that there's a lord in the village. Obviously that is MoS's role, but still...why no skeptisism? And why is it like Macros? It's one word. Lord. Explain, please.
FOS Thoth
I'm not saying it sounds like Macros because of the rolename Lord. It sounds like Macros because of the complete claim: the full 18 words that you quote there. I could see Macros writing that (although misspelling a few words of course). Why it is like Macros is pretty hard to put into words. Just read some Macros Day/Night scene's.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #333 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:04 am

Post by Thoth »

Cadmium wrote:Definitely MoS' own, otherwise he would have been modkilled for quoting the mod. That's why I'm a bit suspicious of Thoth's reasoning.
Actually I assumed it were Macros' words, because it sounded like him. As he apparently changed the perspective from you to I it seems more than sufficient to me to avoid a modkill.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #336 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:18 am

Post by Thoth »

Are you serious? Would you expect someone to be modkilled when he writes:
You must all bow down to me!!!! heh...

I am Lord Mastermind of Sin, lord of this village.
Where his PM says:
All must bow down to you

You are
Lord Mastermind of Sin, lord of this village
Especially as the underlined part is something you can't help but quote as it's just your role. Even DP allows quoting that.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #360 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:05 am

Post by Thoth »

StD wrote: Yes, you are a confirmed innocent.
Let me object to that statement. For me he is by no means a confirmed innocent. The reason I don't vote him is because of the way he claimed. The daykill to me is more an indication of scum than the opposite as it's more often than not a scum ability. Just read back Mafia 25 where the first thing I did after someone claimed to have a day kill was vote him and he indeed turned out to be scum.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #381 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:50 pm

Post by Thoth »

The ultimate long posts are in 2-threaded mafia by the Silent Speaker. They were so long that people categorically refused to read them.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #496 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:51 pm

Post by Thoth »

The 'All' option keeps timing out for me since some time, making it very hard to get the whole picture. Based on today though it seems that the wagon on Coron is going a bit too fast for my liking, especially as the only argument is the arguably scummy remark about MoL. There should be more to find in 20 pages of game.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #516 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:08 am

Post by Thoth »

Pooky wrote: So I think we should lynch thoth for flying way under the radar for most of the game
I've actively participated during the first part of the game. The 2nd part I've indeed not been very active, but that was because I've been sick multiple times during the last one and half month. You can see the same in all my other games.

Does anyone have any good reason for voting me? I just see a few people jumping on with no reason given whatsoever.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #518 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:48 am

Post by Thoth »

Few people were active lately. Of the less active ones I'm one of the few that have an actual RL reason for that. Using this reasoning there must be better targets among the 6 that were not (or when the lynch was unavoidable) on the bandwagon.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #524 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:12 am

Post by Thoth »

I would like to see a little more reason for the votes on me before I claim. I don't see an almost random bandwagon as a good reason to claim.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #540 (isolation #21) » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:03 am

Post by Thoth »

Quailman wrote: It doesn't matter which one we lynch first. Ratpfink and Thoth are both scum.
That's a pretty big step from voting me for lurking to being convinced not only that I'd be scum, but also certain of a partner. Yet still no reasons given.
StD wrote: wow MoS, I killed the GF in an attempt to revive the stalled game,
Casting the lynching vote just before the unavoidable deadline lynch is not what I'd call killing. More like kicking the dead body.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #551 (isolation #22) » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:04 am

Post by Thoth »

Hmm, I did not want to claim, but after an innocent investigation result I'm afraid I may not last through the night. As I have some info that probably is useful I think I should make a claim.
Before I do that I want one answer from Cadmium though: who did you watch over on Night 3?
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #565 (isolation #23) » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:46 pm

Post by Thoth »

Pooky wrote: At this point we should lynch Flanagax since he's the one of the 2 that did not vote for Coron the night before.
I don't think that is a very good reason for lynching someone. I also don't see why we should go with one of the unclaimed/uninvestigated players. To me Cadmium is a lot more attractive target. He was basically forced into this claim as he was found armed by Phoebus. Now we also happen to have 2 other (half)-bodyguard roles.

I'll probably vote for him, but I first want him to answer my question from a few posts up.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #569 (isolation #24) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:38 am

Post by Thoth »

Cadmium wrote: I picked the right person that night, Peacebringer. Yet nothing happened, he got killed anyway.
OK, time to claim as well. I'm a priest. On odd nights I can pray for someone's life, basically acting as a doc. On even nights I can get someone to come to confession and confess about the night before.

Night 4 I let Cadmium come to confession and he confessed he didn't do anything night 3. The second part of the PM suggested some doubt about him telling the truth, but that was rather vague.
So:
vote:Cadmium
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #592 (isolation #25) » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:07 am

Post by Thoth »

Well, we could wait for everyone to get a post in, just in case they have useful info. There's no rush.
I also think that it may be time for the unclaimed players to claim.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #602 (isolation #26) » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:23 pm

Post by Thoth »

Yeah :)
Thanks for modding this Talitha. I liked playing in this game.
Cadmium wrote: I made a stupid mistake yesterday. I thought I went out to do the killing on night 3, so told Thoth that I tried to protect PeaceBringer that night. Turned out that Flanagax went out to kill him.
You had to claim that you forgot to send in a nightchoice to have a chance as I got that you did nothing that night which conflicts with the bodyguard claim. Even then having 2 other semi-bodyguards who also knew each other was probably enough.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”