orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:18 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

HELLO.

I was checking the queue and I recalled signing up for a Mafia game, because I had only been in Open games before. Then I never got a PM. So I figured I re-/in myself into the sign-ups so I would be included in one, but I noticed I was included on the Mafia 90 list, so I searched for this thread, and found it. I then looked in my PM box, and found my Role PM, which I had no idea what game it was for when I first read it, since there was no link to the thread, and the title only said "Lolwat? Mafia" which confused me greatly. Chaos ensues, and 8 pages already pass, so needless to say, I am a bit behind. I need a random vote, so
vote: Penguin of the Serengeti
for being a penguin. Since the random stage is over,
unvote

Now I just have to wrap my head around what's going on, but I have watched the topic, so I guess you're stuck with me. I have never been replaced, and I don't want to start now because of an odd turn of events that have allowed me to not find this thread for so long. :|
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:
roflcopter wrote:willing to lynch: (litral, gnkoichi*, yosarian*)

*if a consensus on lynching this player is reached by penguins and lowell
Add in the list of players you are willing to lynch, wink wink, nudge nudge:

Orangepenguin, and Numberfourteen.

Come to think of it, didn't orangepenguin vote me? Maybe, like Yosarian2, he's spending all his energy keeping track of his scumbuddies rather than his ahem other buddies.
LOL. I have made a total of one post before this. The vote on you was my random stage vote, because I completely missed it (hence the quick unvote). I only voted you because you were a penguin, and there isn't enough ice for the two of us. ;)

So apparently you outed me as a mason? :? Eh, fair enough. The pm says nothing about everyone being confirmed town or anything, so I think your reasoning is okay. rofl must like it, because in his first game, he claimed mason and outed his partner within his first couple posts. lol.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I haven't had a chance to read the thread throughly, unfortunately- I have only skimmed, and the only thing I've been able to grasp is that Penguin outed the fact that he is a mason and how he thinks there might be scum in it, and later outed the rest of us by name.

It's my own fault, because I should've known that there was a thread for this, but I will get in the loop in the next few days. I only addressed that specifically, because he called me out by name, perhaps in an attempt to get me to speak, and perhaps my reactions to being on his "list of people willing to lynch".

As for Vino, just by skimming him, from what I've seen is that he has a clear opinion on the mason claim matter. He thinks that it's likely that there is scum and he and Penguins disagree on a lot of stuff. I don't really see anything too scummy from Vino myself, but then again, if I took my time, things might look different in that light. I don't reallly have any clear opinions, but I don't like how Penguins went about outing the masons, even though he has a legit reason for doing so, but there was probably a better way to catch mason members whom are scum, if there are scum, which I believe, like Vino, that it's very likely, given the amount of ppl in the mason group, and the fact the our pm doesn't verify the alignment of any of the others.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Vino, there are indeed six people in our mason group, all of which have been revealed.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:You also conveniently forget how you and orangepenguin put a monkey wrench in the masons' voting patterns that the scum could have exploited later.
Huh? :shock:

Also, PoS, I made the same mistake for agreeing with everything rolf said in Fire and Ice mafia, and I only got burned. rolf was town, but he was still wrong on all his suspicions. :P
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

roflcopter wrote:[quote="orangepenguin"Also, PoS, I made the same mistake for agreeing with everything rolf said in Fire and Ice mafia, and I only got burned. rolf was town, but he was still wrong on all his suspicions.
jesus what an underhanded way to try and discredit anything i'm saying in this game[/quote]
No, it's just your playstyle isn't the type you should really be following along with. If anything, I am discrediting what PoS is saying. Well, only the bits of him following along with him.

But SC, who was a vig before, knows better to direct the vig. Kind of scummy and hypocritical.
vote: stranger coug
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Oh, I don't see where Penguins is going where he is basically calling me scummy, because I random voted him. First of all, I did a vote and then unvote simultaneously, so it never was a valid vote. I didn't vote him because I thought he was scum. I didn't vote him because he was a mason partner. It was just my random joke vote I never got to use. I chose him *gasp* because my username has penguin in it and so does his, so I figured I'd make a joke about that. I don't see any relevance in his point.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:14 am

Post by orangepenguin »

orangepenguin wrote:Oh, I don't see where Penguins is going where he is basically calling me scummy, because I random voted him. First of all, I did a vote and then unvote simultaneously, so it never was a valid vote. I didn't vote him because I thought he was scum. I didn't vote him because he was a mason partner. It was just my random joke vote I never got to use. I chose him *gasp* because my username has penguin in it and so does his, so I figured I'd make a joke about that. I don't see any relevance in his point.
YOU DON'T VOTE YOUR MASON BUDDIES - that's the code of honor. That's how masons breadcrumb their buddies, by not voting each other. If you voted for me, especially at the random stage, this will be interpreted later as 'POTS & OP were NOT buddies because OP voted POTS.'
I'm sorry, there was nothing about a code of honor in the pm. Considering we don't know our mason buddies' alignment, which you brought up, I don't see any relevance in any kind of honor. Also, with more than 1 mason buddy around, I am not going to bread crumb, especially when I missed the first X number of days, while trying to play catch up. I voted you way past the random stage, because the town was already in game mode, but I voted you as my own little random stage vote and unvote, just as a little ritual. By the time I posted again, I was already outed. Considering there are about 5 other masons, I don't think anyone would've interpreted otherwise.

I don't know how you can go on about defying the mason code of codes when you're also agreeing with the idea of scum masons. It seems kind of hypocritical and OMGUS, just because I voted you. I doubt you'd even have me on your scum list had I voted someone you disliked who is also part of the mason group.

Going
vote: PoS
unvote
is meaningless. As a penguin, I figured you would understand. :(
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

MafiaSSK wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:OK, I have to admit it. So many people are frustrating me right now, and I know they can't possibly
ALL
be scum... unlike someone else in this game *dirty look at Penguins of the Serengeti*
And how does this post exactly help town?
..and how does pointing this out help the town, versus ignoring it if you don't think it's relevant? :wink:
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Eh, fair enough.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:I would like for ScumCougar to list who else he finds scummy, and explain, in detail, why he's not voting for them instead of me.

If the players below are not in his list, I want to his opinion of them to be clearly stated for the record:

KoCydonia
Litral
Numberfourteen
Yosarian
Vino
orangepenguin
Why don't you do us all a favor, and clearly state why each of the players listed are scummy?

I acknowledged your comments, and your reasoning on me are very flawed.
FoS: POS

Your list holds no water, when most of them (if not all, I am not entirely sure) seem to have disagreed with you at some point, and it only comes off as desperate and OMGUS. It's kind of annoying, also, lol, and I thought that before I became the latest addition to the list.

It's good to know that you don't have a myopic view on things, but when you have half the town on your scum list, you need to do some trimming.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

EBWOP: Oh wait, I am not allowed to suspect my mason partners, but you are. I forgot - The Mason Code! Ignore my FOS, please!
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I know, I know. That was all sarcasm, hence the exclamation points. I don't see why I am scummy for random voting her (and quickly unvoting in the same post, mind you), while PoS is not scummy, for doing the same thing.
unvote, Vote: Penguins
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I usually get along with rolfcopter too, but I guess he found another penguin to fly with.

Anyways, the self-vote was REALLY scummy. The next vote will not be the hammer if it takes 9 to lynch if Vino is right. Looks like you were trying to catch someone attempting to hammer you. If you were L-1, I would unvote, but I think that's what you want. If you are town, then you are doing a poor job, considering 6 people, including yourself, want to lynch you, and you're not doing a good job of scum hunting if you are keeping your vote there any longer, and doing a disservice to the town.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:54 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Yeah, I wasn't really anxious at all for a lynch. All I said was that the next vote at the time wouldn't be the hammer and that your self-vote was scummy. Which it was.

Calling
me
scum doesn't change that you're scummy.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:42 am

Post by orangepenguin »

GnKoichi wrote:WHAT!? Penguins of S, you self voted! The only reason to ever do this is when you're scum and you want to cut a conversation short.
Seriously, how can you even suggest that you KNOW that scum does this when they want to cut the conversation short???? You're pulling 'evidence' out of your keister and you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Check out this game, Haiku Mafia:
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ight=haiku

Here I was, a townie, where I, as 'Toaster Strudel'...
You're Toaster Strudel? :shock: It all makes sense now. I played with you in Open 81 (which you claimed to break the game by your second or third vote) where you were a confirmed mason. You thought I was town. I was scum. You thought Korts was scum. He was town.

I did like your way of finding scum though. Very innovative, and quick and direct. I played with you in another game, where you were more successful (was it Lovers Mafia?), but, alas.

unvote

You do this kind of things in all your games. You assume you're right. Sometimes you are close, somethings you're way off.

For you then, I don't think you're that scummy, just based on your playstyle from other games.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:48 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Oh, you also said The Fonz was town, but he was also scum in that game.

Your tactics for finding scum is unique, but it doesn't always work. I still think your hypoicrisy is scummy though.

*hypocrisy
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Everyone needs to stop voting themselves (PotS, KoC), especially if you're town. You're only doing a disservice to us if you are, and doing do just to "prove us wrong" is quite silly. You can prove us wrong by presenting good cases or scumhunting, or SOMETHING, anything but self-voting. Yes PotS, it does speed of your lynch. If you are town, there is no reason to speed a mislynch on yourself up, even if you're doing to prove the people voting you wrong. KoC, I assume you're mimicking PotS, because you usually play better than this. I am not sure if you are frustrated town, or just scum, trying to do what PotS, and somehow turn a lynch on you around.

I really doubt he has a post-restriction. I think he just gave up, and is posting poems to make himself laugh.

Why would there be any kind of hammer PR role from either alignment? That just sounds kind of silly, but if you have any examples of that in other games, please share.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:44 am

Post by orangepenguin »

KoC, if you have just given up on this game AND are town, why don't you just request replacement, and do the town a favor? Your little poetry is..uh, "lovely and all" to read in the high-stressed environment of a mafia game, but it's not helping! The self-vote and the not helping on purpose seems to indicate to me that KoC has gave up in general, and not dependent on his alignment.

PotS has pointed out that Empking has done basically the same thing, except that Empking doesn't appear to have given up and want out - Empking is just posting anti-town posts with very vague questions that don't really help us (@rofl: Why do you like Penguins? WHY?). I don't like that comment that Penguins is pursuing a crap wagon on Empking from StrangerCoug. That seemed a bit off.

vote: Empking
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (isolation #19) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Oh, I just figured his poetry were quotes from a book or something. I think the point he was making was that they had no point, he was just TRYING to be useless so we'd lynch him.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (isolation #20) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

BSG wrote: OP, why did you wait with that vote in post 502?
Well, I didn't really think it was worth a vote at the time, which is why I held off, but I was really annoyed, and SC kind of pushed me over the edge with his "by all means, attack her if you think she is scum". I probably should've voted outright, because my opinion of her didn't really change in the 15 minute timeframe that I waited, but yeah. I am not really convinced PoS is scum anymore, now that I am aware of her past playstyle, meta, and whatnot. That really doesn't clear her of being scum, but the hypocrisy doesn't really seem as relevant, in a way.

Also regarding the mason code PotS mentioned, there's a good example of this, but that game is still ongoing so it has to wait. I'll point it out after that game is finished.
And OP, that vote is weak. You're comparing two different situations: the first has no masons outed and there's no thought of a scum mason mentioned. In the second, both are in the game.
Different situations ask for different approaches.
Question: What do you think is better for this day. To lynch one of the masons or somebody else, and why?
Well, it really doesn't matter, as long as we find scum. If the scum turns out to also be mason, then hey, that's great, we got scum, but if they are someone who isn't a mason, and therefore isn't on the eyes of townies during the night (the quicktopic can force discussion between the masons and possible scum masons, hence more info for town)

For day 1 though, it's very likely that the mason group has scum among it, since my PM says nothing about alignment, and in my past experience as a mason, it usually confirms my partner is town, but in this game, it doesn't - there are 5 other people, so I think the likelihood of scum is undisputable, given the amount of people in the group, and the unconfirmedness.

Just going back to the original argument, PotS figures me and Yos "got confused who our mason partners is because we also have scum partners" because we voted for a mason. Um, I didn't vote for a mason, I voted for a penguin. That was all. I wasn't thinking about breadcrumbing in my first post - the game had started 10 days prior, so I had to get back into the loop, and I figured I would jokingly put in my random vote I never got to do. I wasn't thinking "Oh, PotS is my mason partner and I have to breadcrumb, so I can't vote her". No, I put little thought in that, and I assure you it didn't have anything to do with masonry. It was simply penguin business. I put no thought in it, basically, and the vote didn't matter, because I unvoted the word after my vote for him. I wasn't going to bother breadcrumbing, it was never my intention or plan for this game. With 5 other people being my partners, breadcrumbing in this game seemed quite silly. I don't usually breadcrumb as a powerrole the way it was anyways, since I suck at it.

I just thought it was scummy, at the time, for PotS was only suspicious of me because of that random vote that meant nothing, which she turned into this big scumtell, or whatever.True, the masons were outed when PotS voted me, and the scum mason thing was out there too, but as a mason in a group of unconfirmed masons, you should probably assume there is scum masons, so had my vote been a legit vote on you, it still wouldn't have been against the mason code, because there is none, especially when there is no indication of any of your other masons alignment.

BUT...

I have moved on from that. I don't think PotS is scum. I basically disagree with her kind of playstyle- it works for her, I guess, I don't really know how well it works out for her, but given that she does do it in other games, I don't really think she is scummy as a result of
that

I do think she has something on Empking. It's funny how she asks him a simple tasks of quotes supporting the evidence, and he still spits out one-liners, and is truly unhelpful.

About KoC, now that he has pointed out stuff like the breadcrumb, I guess it seems pretty obvious now, but whatever. KoC could've posted more helpful poems, instead of creative..allusions to what he truly meant. Meh.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Numberfourteen wrote:Litral has not posted in over a week, is there a reason for that? Is he V/LA?
Mod, prod please? Or replacement?

That should help.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (isolation #22) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:44 am

Post by orangepenguin »

PotS is on there twice. I think she is currently voting for Lit, but I am not quite sure.

As for the comments directed towards me yesterday and stuff, I will get to them in a sec.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (isolation #23) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:13 am

Post by orangepenguin »

BSG wrote: Next up is one of my favorite players due to his username: Orangepenguin

The first thing that I noticed was his second post. After PotS outed the other masons who weren't known yet, each of them reacted fierce. Except OP. But this changes later.
As you might have read, GnK is asking the masons what the difference is between the mason role #14/Yos posted and the one he got. Here's the part I mean:
GnKoichi wrote:SO! If anyone (#14, Yos, PoS, Lowell, OP) can tell me the difference between the real PM and the PM Yos posted (quoted below for reference) I think we may have something.
Yosarian2 wrote:(shrug) I donno about "confirm", but here's the real mason PM.
Natirasha wrote:
Name: Straight G
Flavor: Your a gansterlicious pimp.
Alignment: Town--You win when all non-neutral factions besides the town are dead.
Role: Mason
Passive Abilities
The Shady Lady
: Each night, you may speak to the other people who go to The Shady Lady Gentlemen's Club at this quicktopic(http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/9bnWjUfcej5). The people who attend this fine establishment are orangepenguin, Yosarian2, GnKoichi, Lowell, Penguins of the Sarengeti, Numberfourteen.
Confirm In-thread.
(This is something I want Lowell to answer as well) So could you please give some comments about this OP?

I have already pointed out the vote against PotS of yours. You first FoSed her, and a few posts later voted her. I don't like the reason behind it (being annoyed and pushed by SC of which the first is your reason for FoSing and the second the reason for the vote).

I'm also not happy that OP is following PotS right now with her Empking vote as he hasn't given his thoughts much yet. He has given his thoughts about Vino, but those could change if he took his time. He has given his thoughts about PotS, which are retreated after he found out that she's Strudel. Rofl is Rofl for him. He once mentioned suspicions towards SC. And he thought that KoC had given up, which he now knows isn't true as he was having a PR.
I see no difference between Yos' pm than mine or 14s. The reasoning for my vote on PotS seemed good at the time. In retrospect, I might as well have voted her right away, instead of FOSing her. Right now, my reasoning seems a null tell.

I am not really following PotS, but I do agree with her that Empking is scummy. She is now voting Litral, who I agree is scummy, but he hasn't posted in weeks, and even though a replacement would be hard, given the circumstances, and I rather see a replacement explain some of the actions from Litral, and shed some light on things.

Well, KoC did look like he was giving up, because the KoC I knew wouldn't have resorted to poem and stuff following a self-vote. Now that he has explained his PR, yeah, he wasn't giving up. You're right. But without the knowledge of his PR, none of it really made any sense.

I will admit that I am not as good as expressing my thoughts as you are, BSG, but thanks for the username compliment. I must admit that I personally think PotS is much more creative and better username, but I am partial to any usernames with penguins involved.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (isolation #24) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:50 am

Post by orangepenguin »

I think the case on Empking (+ Alts) aren't weak at all. Keeping my vote there too.

I don't think GnK's is really that weak, but I don't think Vino is that scummy, therefore, I think the case is just kind of bad in general. If that make sense.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:51 am

Post by orangepenguin »

The Ad is definitely doing a better job than Litral, you gotta admit, but that being said, TheAd is probably just a better player in general. I figured a replacement would help seal an opinion on Litral, but I am still confused. I don't like Litral's early play and subsequent disappearance. TheAd hasn't done anything spectacular though. I still like Empking though. Or Emkping's Alt. Whatever.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

unvote, vote: GnK

Don't like vote on rolf, don't like buddying up with "townadmiral" nor the 180 GnK did, from thinking TheAd = scum, to thinking TheAd = town. These last couple of pages just makes me feel uneasy about either of them, and considering the we're getting close to deadline, I feel comfortable switching over.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (isolation #27) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Wait-- who did DGB replace? :?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (isolation #28) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

GnKoichi(7): Honcho, roflcopter, Penguins of the Serengeti, OrangePenguin, Yosarian2, Number 14, GnK)

To Lynch: 9

No, you just miscounted in your unofficial vote count before. GnK is at L-2.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (isolation #29) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Ah. Vino put you there. Looking at your posts in isolation reveal that you last voted for Yos, but unvoted a while back.

GnKoichi(6): roflcopter, Penguins of the Serengeti, OrangePenguin, Yosarian2, Number 14, GnK)

So GnK IS at L-3.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (isolation #30) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Gah, fingers are pointing everywhere! I feel like I should wear some goggles or something for my own safety.

Anyways, to point my own finger -
vote: Gnk
. It just feels a bit OMGUS, because you're one of Penguins top suspect and it just looks like you're grasping at straws to find any excuse to vote for her. Too easy a target? What, a person who was "distancing from KoC" is an easy target? I think her plan make sense, if we're going after the cult person. I am not positive that you're the cultist, but I do think you are scum.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (isolation #31) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I've voting GnK..like I said, because I think they're scum. Right now, I have no clue who the CR could be (unless..is CR Riot in this game?) so I'd rather have my vote on someone I think is scum, rather than nowhere. That wouldn't really help.

Finding the CR should be a priority, but since I don't know how to actually find the recruiter, I can't really place a vote towards someone for that. I've never actually played with a CR, but I would imagine each CR in different games play the CR role differently. Don't know how true the "post cautious/minimally" thing is..but wouldn't that apply to you? I haven't really read any of your posts, besides the above, in isolation, or anything like that, so I have no idea if you're cautious, but you definitely have been posting minimally.

I just read the Cult wikipage, and I am still kind of confused. Did the mod say the cult was a third party? I would assume so. It kind of sounds like a cool role, from a game playing aspect. Does anyone here have cult experience? Like..have you played as a culter - and if so, how did you play? Was it cautious and minimally posts like alvin states?

How do you hunt a cult recruiter though? Are there tells some place?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (isolation #32) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:47 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Empking's Alt wrote:'
Unvote

Vote: Pots
How shocking. You really had me on the edge of my seat there..

If we're lynching the CR and not scum today, I will
unvote GnK, vote: Yosarian
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (isolation #33) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:32 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Vino wrote:
roflcopter wrote:a town mason has no way of knowing beyond absolutely wild and baseless conjecture whether or not it is possible for one of the masons to be the cult recruiter
roflcopter wrote:16 players to start means the scumgroup was probably 4 players.
A townie has no way of knowing beyond absolutely wild and baseless conjecture how many mafia players there are in this game.

roflcopter, you seem like an intelligent guy, but I am avoiding passing judgment on you because your recklessness makes it hard to pin down your motives. I wish that you would calm down and act more consistently and use your head a little bit, to help everybody else get a solid read on you. If you're town, you'll calm down and help us find scum.

On alvinz: Did anybody else think that his framing of OP and #14 was rather suspicious? Maybe I'm imagining things. I consider these two people to be pro-town, especially #14, so it looks to me like an attempt to smear dirt on the face of some otherwise town players. He does the straw man "A CR would be like X" and then applies it to these two players as if it were fact. I would say that a CR has many options on how to play and this argument is engineered to make two townies look bad and try to provoke a lynch.

That said, OP's #1221 does look rather suspicious, I'm still trying to decide whether the comments and questions therein are contrived. He's been in quite a bit many games to seem so clueless about CR's.

My limited internet continues until Thursday, but is less limited than I previously thought it would be.
Well, if you want a list of all the games I've played on this site, you'll see that I've never played with a cult before. I've been in plenty of games, at least about 20, but I have never had to deal with cults or anything.

Just to make sure, I'll double check and everything, but I am almost positive that I've never played with cults before. Then again, I've played only 1 game with werewolves in them, 0 with jesters in them, and only 1 with millers in it. There are lots of roles I've never played with before.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

alvinz95 wrote:@ Yosarian2
yousaid wrote:Especally since the main point of my last post was to try and prod alvinz95 on what his opinion was on the subject, since he did a whole big analysis of number 14 and yet totally failed to mention number 14's outed role at any point in his analysis, which seemed odd; I wasn't even sure if alvinz realized number 14 was a mason.
I wrote:I'm thinking orangepenguin or numberfourteen(I think one of them is a mason so just tell me who)
Theres your answer. So just to make sure, numberfourteen is mason and orangepenguin is not? If so, I'll be voting orangepenguin.
Vino wrote:On alvinz: Did anybody else think that his framing of OP and #14 was rather suspicious? Maybe I'm imagining things. I consider these two people to be pro-town, especially #14, so it looks to me like an attempt to smear dirt on the face of some otherwise town players. He does the straw man "A CR would be like X" and then applies it to these two players as if it were fact. I would say that a CR has many options on how to play and this argument is engineered to make two townies look bad and try to provoke a lynch.
'Framing'???? Seriously, wtf. I reread to find suspects for clan recruiter and you call it framing? More like hunting for cult recruiters.

For the 'strawman' I said "The cult recruiter candidates should be someone who is very cautious and posts every so often but minimally, not making much noise, but staying in the game."

Your logic is skewed: You are saying that my perspective on cult recruiter is incorrect and a cult recruiter could play differently. This is the same for hunting scum. What is 'scummy' or 'cult-recruiter like' then? We all have to use some "fact" as you say, to declare actions scummy or not (strawman, WIFOM, wishy-washiness, caution, aggression). These 'facts' are generally accepted actions that deem someone scummy.
People make 'facts' on why people are scummy and 'apply them as if they were fact' all the time. Scum also have many options to play also, but scum are usually found by finding 'scummy' actions in which people believe to be 'like scum', in which in my case was cautiousness. We can apply the same to 3rd party/cult. I'm not sure if that made any sense.

If you are so bugged by my logic on cult recruiters take a look at Yosarian2's: nearly the same. Why didn't you point Yosarian2's?
yosarian2 wrote:Hmm. I would expect the cult recruiter to be someone who was quiet day 1, someone who tried to keep under the radar and follow the crowd, because especally on day 1 all a cult recruiter'd really care about would not being lynched and not being noticed.
Why twist my words so my actions seem bad? Why have you consistently tried to put the spotlight on me with little basis?

Numberfourteen position for scum mason has skyrocketed because Vino is scum. Or he's trying to protect himself by protecting a possible mason.
orangepenguin wrote:How shocking. You really had me on the edge of my seat there..

If we're lynching the CR and not scum today, I will
unvote GnK, vote: Yosarian
This is scummy.
Unvote, Vote: orangepenguin
based on previous case and the fact that numberfourteen is a mason (scum or not)
I don't understand your vote at all. I really don't see how me or 14 are the most likely candidates for being a CR- your logic is pretty stupid, IMO. I am a mason btw, yet you're voting me only because I am not a mason? I don't see how wanting to lynch the CR today over scum is scummy, especially considering that's what you are supposedly voting me for.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (isolation #35) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

GnKoichi wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Based on what?
By process of elimination. He's not scum, so he's town.
Why is it so hard to get people to vote for you!?
I think the same could be said for you..but...I won't say it.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (isolation #36) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Empking- 2- Vino, Lowell - wagon on scum
Yosarian2- 3- Roflcopter, OrangePenguin, Penguins of the Serengeti - wagon on CR
Penguins of the Serengeti- 2- Gnkochi, Empking - GnK and Emp are my top 2 for scum
Head Honcho- 1- Yosarian2 - Yos is CR
Gnkoichi- 1- Head_Honcho - GnK is scum.

Interesting.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (isolation #37) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Yosarian2 wrote:You know what, you guys let me know when you want to play mafia. I think I've had about enough of "let's just keep saying Yos is scum over and over again for absoltly no fucking reason until his head explodes".

At least we know Orange is the scum mason, since he's just following rofl's stupid bullshit and absolutly refusing to share any thoughts of his own. If we didn't need to kill the cult recruiter today, I'd be voting him right now.
Please don't explode your head. That would be too much for my penguin stomach to handle. My fellow penguins in the game would agree, despite our geographical differences.

So are you saying I am scum because you think rofl is scum? Or do you think rofl is town, and is right about you? I am not following him, I just think he's right in most of his assessments, but not necessarily everything. Some of the people he thinks are "obv town" I don't really have as much confidence about. You are the CR. It's fun seeing you ultimately crack, but since we are killing the cult recruiter today, how are you going to be voting me tomorrow? Are you admitting defeat and willing to self-vote?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (isolation #38) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Well, I don't know how to hunt for CRs myself, like I've said, but rofl's case was pretty convincing, convincing enough for me to vote you. If I offered reasoning of my own, I would just be recycling what he said basically. When Player A attacks the CR and Player B follows and votes the CR, that usually mean that Player B is smart enough to see a good case when he sees one, and doesn't reflect alignment at all.

I am not ruling out rofl as scum. I just don't really see it at this point. He is too upfront and in charge for me to reallly see him as scum, so..

I do think GnK and/or Emp are the two most likely scum, but like you said, we really can't afford to lynch scum today, but hopefully we'll lynch you, the CR today, and the Vig could take care of GnK or Emp tonight.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (isolation #39) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Well, if you die and turn out to be CR or scum yourself, it doesn't rule me out as scum or clear me as town to the rest of the players, so why would the opposite result be true? People can form their own opinions. I am just doing my best job in trying to get rid of the scum - you seem like the most likely to be the CR.

You've been caught. I don't know why I am wasting time arguing with you. This day is hardly over - if you are town like you say and someone else seems to be more likely to be the CR than you, I will probably change my vote to them, but right now, you seem like the best candidate. I don't think you're mafia though. In that regard, I think you seem pretty neutral.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (isolation #40) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Well, Yos, the reason I think you are CR is the reasons rofl pointed out - which written out sounds kind of lame. This whole day is really dull, so I don't really blame rofl for attempting to get discussion going. LOL at GnK trying to turn that into a scumtell "Changing the topic!" when he has been laying low for a few days, not really participating. Then when his OMGUS attacks on PotS and rofl fail, he OMGUS-y votes me, because 1 other person is voting me. :roll:

Yos, I don't know how to hunt for the CR. The reasons rofl pointed out seemed pretty convincing, so. I didn't think you're mafia, because you hadn't done anything to convince me otherwise at the time - way to twist that around in a cliche way though. I think I've seen that one used before though. "Oh, you said I am town- BECAUSE YOU ARE SCUM AND KNOW!" ...yeaahh...good luck with that argument.

Well, unless anyone knows what are CR-tells, if the ones rofl pointed out AREN'T ones..then, well, I don't know what to do. Should I just refrain from voting, period? That wouldn't be helpful.

So I am going to stick to voting scum.
vote: GNK
. I would laugh if the scum team were actually Gnk AND Yos..instead of Empking. Yos is good at manipulating though, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

Rolf - I lost the link to the new mason thread (it's gotta be in my PMs somewhere), but is basically consisted of POTS calling GnK scum and GnK replying "No I'm not". Not that interesting, to be honest.

Now that we all have been outed and stuff, there isn't as much use for it.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (isolation #41) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

GnKoichi wrote: Scum is my gut on this one.
:roll: So your vote is based off of gut and omgus. OMGUT.

I mean, at least Yos had a case and twisted my words around, but you ... you just are jumping on me cause nobody agrees with you on the other two and I am not those two, yet have been advocating for your lynch.

So yeah, pretty happy with my vote.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (isolation #42) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Empking's Alt wrote:Now, Yos is looking town again. I still think PoTS is scum.
I wouldn't have thought otherwise. Do you have a case yet? Besides the old "baseless accusations" that has been going about.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (isolation #43) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

GnKoichi wrote: Secondly, it's really hypocritical for you to call my vote omgus. You voted for me AFTER I voted for YOU! If anyone had an omgus vote, it was you.
It's not really OMGUS when I listed suspicion of you beforehand and (I think) voted you prior. :roll:
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1375 (isolation #44) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

alvinz95 wrote: Orangepenguin and GnK seem to be bussing each other just a note. Probably scum.
Bussing? REALLY? If two people were bussing, then they would HAVE to be scum, not just "probably scum". I don't really see how him voting me after I voted him is bussing, but I really do think he is scum. He is just being OMGUS.

Yet you're pretty solid on Vino/GnK? I really don't understand your logic at all. First with your weird accusation before about me being the CR after some weird reasoning, and now I am apparently BUSSING GnK, yet you are not sure if I am scum. Can a townie/mafia bus eachother?

There is a million things wrong with that small little sentence. The bussing, the accusation...the only seem correct appears to be my username being spelled correctly.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1376 (isolation #45) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

It's like you're keeping your options open, that way you can decide which way to turn once a wagon forms.

I think
you
could be the CR. You have been laying pretty low, and you didn't really take a huge role in Day 1.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (isolation #46) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

This game is so dead.
vote: Empking

I think Emp is more likely to be scum than the CR, like I've stated before, but given his scummyness in this game, in addition to his OMGUS one-liners, and anti-town behavior, he could be the CR if he isn't scum.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (isolation #47) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I suppose. The same could easily be applied to GnK though.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (isolation #48) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:14 am

Post by orangepenguin »

If anyone has a link to the NEW mason forum, could they kindly PM it to me? I know someone sent it to me, but it's buried now and I don't want to search through two months worth of PMs..
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (isolation #49) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Vino is suspicious for voting, but you aren't?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (isolation #50) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Correction: Vino is suspicious for voting AT THIS POINT.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (isolation #51) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:39 am

Post by orangepenguin »

I think GnK is scum still. I think one of rofl/PotS is part of the cult though, just based on gut. Not sure whether that person out of them is the cult recruiter or the newest recruit. I am leaning on the ladder, since their play has gave me a town impression, but if they were recruited last night, then, it really wouldn't matter.

rolf/Pots: How would you know if the other - whom you guys have thought were town the entire game - was recruited? It seems like your opinions of eachother are set in stone, and perhaps your reads were correct, but if they were recruited, your earlier impressions mean nothing at this point.

With that said, I think alvinz is the actual recruiter.
vote: alvins
He has been playing real under the radar the entire game active lurking.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1448 (isolation #52) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

But if you WERE recruited (but less likely, but still possible the CR) you could easily be lying and NOT bus. So it's a tough dilemma.
i wouldn't know if she was recruited. i will just blindly hope it didn't happen.
Something right out of Shakespeare.

So did GnK just..abandon the game then..??
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (isolation #53) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:11 am

Post by orangepenguin »

unvote, vote: Vino
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (isolation #54) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:12 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Since Alvins is the CRecruit, the idea that Vino is the CR, per post 1468.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1510 (isolation #55) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

alvinz95 wrote:Maybe I used reverse reverse psychology...
Can you just tell us and get it over with?

Not that we can trust you. You'd probably tell us someone else instead of your actual partner. I am convinced it's Vino, so my vote shall stay.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1544 (isolation #56) » Fri May 01, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Penguins of the Serengeti - ??
Lowell - ??
Head_Honcho - cop
orangepenguin - townie mason
alvinz95 - cult recruit
GnKoichi - townie mason

I think PotS/Lowell/HH is the CR. I am leaning towards PotS. So I think scum then, assuming cult is alvin/Penguins is GnK/HH or Lowell.

Interesting. There is 6 people. I am assuming two from the cult (recruiter and recruit --alvin) and two from the mafia (Gnk & ???), leaving two actual members of the town (me, ??) That means either GnK or HH is
definitely
lying. They could BOTH be lying, actually. But at least 1 is a liar.

Gnk, "a townie who tracks scum"..are you thinking tracker?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (isolation #57) » Mon May 04, 2009 10:28 am

Post by orangepenguin »

vote: alvins

I believe he was lying about being the recruit and is actually a recruiter. He is also the only safe lynch for today. Otherwise we'll lose.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1554 (isolation #58) » Mon May 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

*sigh*

Why does this game have to be so annoying?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (isolation #59) » Sun May 10, 2009 9:55 am

Post by orangepenguin »

I KNEW alvins was the recruiter. That's why I wanted to lynch him yesterday. HH and I got pretty lucky though, but I personally don't think I played that great of a game. I figured if I went along with rofl/PotS that I could slip by pretty easily, because then I wouldn't be targetted as much, as say Empking or GnK were. It seemed to work, I guess, until Yos figured me out. lol, so we night killed him.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (isolation #60) » Thu May 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

What does "Lolwat?" mean? That has been bugging me all along.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”