SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:23 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Correction, this thread is taking longer than I expected, will be sometime today or sometime tomorrow.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:40 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Save The Dragons wrote:
Save The Dragons wrote:Wow, you're right, Thesp only got 3 votes; knowing Ygg's history of day killings, it's probably a day kill.
I remembered Coron's day kill, I just didn't say it. I just...forgot until Nanook reminded me. :oops: Plus, I had just heard about the night/day skippers.

As for Laz's idea: that's a good one, but I don't know if I can get to it at the moment.

I also think a mass claim may be in order, because I don't know how much longer we'll last.

I dunno if a mass claim would be such a good idea, we cant be sure how many, if any, bodyguards are left, and we don't want to expose any possible power roles we may have left.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:58 pm

Post by SSF352 »

For the record, have we ruled out the possiblity of an SK making the daykills?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:33 am

Post by SSF352 »

lazarusmoth wrote:Gah, I really apologize for not getting the strength to defend myself from the three votes on me. This game really has been sapping my strength. I'm not sure how it got to be that way. Must be vacation-time on mafiascum.

Suffice to say, I must muster enough strength now to tell you that I'm not scum (or townie or whatever). It's very tempting to just stay apathetic and let you lynch me but I'm too much of a player to let the group decide on a false course of action. I don't even understand the suspicions set against me much less than answer them.

So here's what I propose: As simply as possible, lay down your questions/suspicions against me and I will try to answer them.

I also apologize for not proposing a possible suspect. My radar has been whacked on this game since day 1.
All I can promise is a read on your proposed suspicions on other people and act accordingly on them.

Hope we can put this game to rest.
This really sounds like you want to simply follow the crowd and blend in. That way, if you help lynch another mafia member, you can blame it on the person who started the suspicion.

vote Lazarusmoth
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:12 pm

Post by SSF352 »

StevieT92 wrote:oh sorry, i havent realised my lack of posts in this thread

i have been busy with a few of my projects lately, sorry

i am just getting a bad vibe from lazerusmoth

so
vote lazarusmoth

sorry, i will be gone for the weekend

Bad vibe? That seems very shaky for the basis of a vote.......
unvote, vote StevieT92
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:47 pm

Post by SSF352 »

unvote Stevie
at least until we hear from enough people. Oh, not an accomplice.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:54 am

Post by SSF352 »

StevieT92 wrote:Mr. Flay, i was simply waiting for more people to claim "not accomplice"

here is what i am getting as maybe scum

mainly STD,
then Nanook,
then you.

but the problem is, none of them is acting very scummy, and we have no deaths to go off, so i really dont have any more things to say.
Then why do you think that those three are scum? If they aren't being very scummy, what makes you think they are scum? Can you be more specific on your thoughts here?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:45 pm

Post by SSF352 »

StevieT92 wrote:they are the most scummy, but none of them are actually scummy

thats what i meant
vote StevieT92
You arent even making sense, you seem to be trying to shift attention without actually pointing fingers.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:52 am

Post by SSF352 »

DarkLight140 wrote:Uh... guys... why are you voting StevieT92? I understand that he's being foolish, incoherent, and alternately lurkerish and annoying, but he's a hell of a lot closer to being a confirmed innocent based upon his claim than most of us. Lynching him would be, as I see it, a stupid move, since we can't really afford to lose even dead weight at this point, if it's
innocent
dead weight. He's now one from a lynch by my count, and, well, that's bad.

Unvote, people, unless you really think he's scummy enough to lynch in spite of looking about as innocent as we seem to be getting before factoring in poor play. If you do... well... we'll see if that becomes an issue.
I think he is that scummy. He's pointing fingers at three random people to try and get attention off of him. Then, when asked to explain what he said, he starts talking in circles. I don't think it is so much poor play as much as it is desperation.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:34 pm

Post by SSF352 »

NanookTheWolf wrote:
Unvote: Stevie

I've been reading over SSF's posts, and I'm sorry, but to sit there and say that Std, myself, and Mr. Flay are the most scummy, but we aren't really acting scummy makes me think that he is trying to set him self up to jump on a bandwagon.

I read his later post trying to explain what he meant, but I get the same interpretation basically. It says "No one is really scummy right now" .. "The most scummy are STD, Nanook, then Flay" ... "They are the scummiest, but they are not scummy enough to warrant a vote"

That all right there is just a bunch of rambling in my opinion. I think that last line of his should end in yet. It's like he is waiting for someone to come up with something solid against one of us to use so he can vote. This is why I don't list people that I find suspicious too often.

The only reason why I'm backing off of Stevie right now, is because of the claim. No one countered, so atm I guess I can buy it.

I will
FoS: Std
though for pushing it still basically using crap logic. Something about contradiction .. I forget.
Nanook, I never said that. I was calling Stevie out for saying that and then not backing it up with any reasoning.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:52 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Heck, at least you can spell my name right.

And I am replacing ZONEACE/bloojay. I believe you are replacing joe, STD.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:07 am

Post by SSF352 »

StevieT92 wrote:well, someone said to name who you think is the most scummy, so i named three. but you are each about a 1/20 on the scum-o-meter, while everyone else is a 0/20.
So you are the scummiest, but are not particularily scummy.
unvorte
This is something that you should have definately said eariler. This makes at least some sense. However, you still haven't given any reasons, like commify said. My vote stays until you give some kind of reasons as to why you think this.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:23 am

Post by SSF352 »

I too, am completely confused. Can we have some reasoning here?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:25 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Peacebringer, why the vote on Mr. Flay?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:19 pm

Post by SSF352 »

"IDIOT! COMMIFY'S INNOCENT!"

Don't know whether he is or not, had to channel Napoleon when given the chance.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (isolation #16) » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:52 am

Post by SSF352 »

I'm pretty sure STD is just playing around.

However, I've went back over the last couple pages, and had a thought: perhaps the Accomplice(s) may have a reason not to counterclaim Stevie? Perhaps he/she/they still have pertient abilites? I still think Stevie is scum, and he made that claim because it is mostly unverifable.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:58 am

Post by SSF352 »

An additional thought:

Stevie, can you tell us whom your group killed/tried to kill?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (isolation #18) » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:20 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Perhaps a claim, Mr. Flay?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (isolation #19) » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:23 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Perhaps DarkLight140. We don't know for sure how many scum are left. If we only have one, then yes, you are correct, however, if you aren't right, then the game continues, and sure any useful ability would be lost after the/y die.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (isolation #20) » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:26 pm

Post by SSF352 »

DarkLight140 wrote:NanookTheWolf- First, your earlier self was JDTAY, who was really not under much suspicion when we went to night. No one was pressing any accuasations, as far as I can tell reading back. My post was the first one directly dealing with your role, afia or otherwise, since you'd jained the thread.
All I said was, "This implies an information role of some sort, and if there's that "something good" to be had... you should probably spill anything you've got, or claim to still have nothing, NanookTheWolf." Hardly something it's vital to defend yourself against.
You most recent post, in fact, makes me wonder what you're thinking...

SSF352- Catching the townies, which at this point probably means only a single person, is more important than keeping any single role alive, even a power role. Any Accomplice would be counterclaiming to get the townie lynched- and then they'd live just based on the fact that they'd won the game.
He never said anything about defending, he was just being honest. If we had found out he had lied, I am quite sure we would have lynched him based on that alone. So, he did pretty much what was the correct move at that point, IMHO.
Slight FOS: DarkLight140
for some incorrect logic.[/b]
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:09 am

Post by SSF352 »

Um, yes. Yes I did. Now it makes more sense. Un-FOS DarkLight.

Mr. Flay, do you have any reason to think it isn't a permanent ability?
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:54 am

Post by SSF352 »

DarkLight140 wrote:
You know... I'm starting to think I should have lynched lazarusmoth yesterday, when I had the chance. His play was scummy then, and I was holding off mostly because... well, I'll get to that later if it becomes relevant.

As for Mr. Flay, I don't particularly like the way he keeps stressing his ignorance of lazarusmoth's actions. He revoted StevieT92 on a basis of lurking after he said he thought of him as safe due to the claim. That seems more than a little off... How is voting for an innocent person, even one who's lurking, a good thing? His supposed ambiguity on there being more than one accomplice was more than a little off- and anyway, what scum would claim Accomplice when there's such a high liklihood of one being out there?

I'll agree that STD has been acting messed up, but for some reason he doesn't strike me as nearly so suspicious as Mr. Flay.
Vote: Mr. Flay.

For future reference, NanookTheWolf is behind him on my suspect list, being claiming a third spy immediately after his investigation was proven right. And yes, I know I prompted it, but he should have decided either to claim or not claim, after Thesp was accused by PeaceBringer, and stuck to that.
I think at this point, it is relevant. I would like to know what was meant here, because I'm torn on whether or not I but the Wise Guy claim. So, I'm holding off on my vote until DarkLight can clarify this statement.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (isolation #23) » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:24 pm

Post by SSF352 »

DarkLight140 wrote:After consideration, I don't think I buy the Wise Guy claim. When compared to the other pro-mafia roles we know, namely Goon, Assasin, Hitman, Accomplice, Godfather, Bodyguard, and Spy, it just doesn't seem to fit. The reason I was commenting on was that I felt that lazarusmoth was implicitly claiming a power role that would undoubtedly kill him that night if he claimed by remaining silent even in the face of one-from-lynch.

However, does that work at all with this claim? I think not. If he had the role Mr. Flay describes, lazarusmoth would probably have been willing to claim fairly quickly- he would have claimed second Bodyguard, probably. Something to draw a kill but probably not a protect. He knew that we were turning against him, and he'd have no reason not to be perfectly willing to claim something good with a role like that. The Lynch All Liars policy hardly applies to a role like that.

As I see it, we're left with two options regarding Mr. Flay. Given that four kills happened last night, and two killing groups (the Godfather and the Deputy) died, there should be two nightkills left. One of these, presumably, is pro-mafia, since we've already accounted for two anti-mafia groups. We can therefore try an attempted-nightkill confirmation method, with the pro-mafia killer coming out tomorrow and proclaiming their identity, or we can lynch him and figure it's not too much of a loss, since all we're losing is a pro-mafia vote that wouldn't draw kills and might draw investigations anyway.

The former has the weaknesses that we have no hard knowledge of the second killer's alignment, we'd be wasting Mr. Flay's ability if it is as he claimed, and finally, Mr. Flay could be an invincible-at-night townie. The latter, obviously, costs us our lynch and sends us to night, though it could win us the game if Mr. Flay is the only Townie left. Opinions?

Mr. Flay, by the way, I didn't mean to say JDTAY. I meant to quote NanookTheWolf, which I did. I have trouble using the Quote format effectively, and it gets on my nerves anyway.
I don't like our pro-mafia killer coming out, we want that ability as long as we can keep it. Of course, that's still assuming that it is a pro-mafia killer. However, I agree that Laz would have been a bit more concerned about staying alive with this ability, and wouldnt have been so unconcerned about being lynched. I think odds are Flay is lying.
vote Mr. Flay
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (isolation #24) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:25 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Sweet! I agree that the breaking down of the game didn't help matters, but I think the game overall was good. The roles were interesting, and the game overall was very fun.

I think the main thing benefical for us was that there was really no hint of a police group, just that there was one. We got lucky enough that only one of us got revealed, so that we could turn the suspicion towards the Deputy being an SK.

I think that 9/20 is quite a bit for anti-town roles, but one of the killing groups was quite restricted, and the other one was only 3 people. If the police group had been taken down first, the town would have had a very difficult time.

STD: I know, we never even got to suggest a day-SK.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”