Mafia 35: Peacecity I (NYMM) - Game over!

Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (isolation #0) » Sun May 29, 2005 12:42 pm

Post by Myopia »

Am here and reading.

After a skim, for now prepared to accept as innocent:
- thesp
- flanagax
- quailman
- the unnamed deputy who obviously used the bullet night 3;
- baby jesus (actually hurts to type that I thought the day kill on nanook was appalling)
- vesuvan (mostly based on his implicit recogniton of a townie pm).

Seems pretty obvious that the people shot to death were shot by the mafia and were probably good. The others i have no idea. As it would seem its 99% likely any coroner we had is already dead seems like we have to play the rest of the game in the dark.

Lemmings all over the place but that seems in character. Im slowly working out that play which I would be 100% sure is scummy coming from some players is often not in others. Why would a scum come out of the open and claim day kill vig of all things (surely the hardest of all claims to fake)? Seems pretty bizarre to me but perhaps strangely Im finding it just to over the top to be actually scummy.

Locus seems very quiet but its been a while since ive been in a game with him where he didnt die immediately. Seems a bit overt for him as scum, i wouldnt expect intentional lurking from him.

Mos seemed scummy to me after his argument with vesuvan but then he always seems scummy to me and ive been on the other end of the argument with him enough times to know that I just dont think the same way as he does.

My current best bet for scum are the experienced mafia scum players who have been keeping their heads right down during all the commotion involving baby jesus and now lemming. fbg vs mafiascum. Ironic really given the theme. Theyve been slowly bumping off the other experienced mafiascum players and I think hoping to promote all the same crap which seems to come up whenever theres a game here with a lot of fbg players.
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (isolation #1) » Mon May 30, 2005 11:53 am

Post by Myopia »

At the risk of stating the obvious, to add to our issues were simply not going to know if we lynch lemming whether he is the right person.

Thesp indicated he had to give a bullet to his deputy for them to kill and the kill was apparantly a night action. I think we can rule scum/deputy out for the moment.

Id bet a scum with a one use day kill ability. If the ability was repeatable we'd have people dead during the day all over the place.

I also wonder why the scum didnt kill thesp during the day yesterday. The only thing I can think of is that they wanted the grim reaper dead as well and didnt want to interfere with the bullet transfer.
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:40 pm

Post by Myopia »

Agree there may have been a re-direction. Hard to see how thesp was insane if he received role information (and there was no reason for him to lie).

Yesterday it did appear likely that coron was killed by the grim reaper (spectre). Thinking about it though are we sure it was the grim reaper killed by a withering attack? Seems to me its could be just a likely it would kill with a scythe? (But then we have the same problem with the slice and dice killer still going).

How has a grim reaper role killed in other fbg games?
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:01 pm

Post by Myopia »

Also im sorry but im unexpectantly on holidays for a week and wont have net access. Mod please replace me if that will unduly delay the game.
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:54 pm

Post by Myopia »

Back from holidays and a couple of days of in bed with food poisoning.

Want a full claim from MoS. Given the number of calls for the coroner to come out it seems very odd that they would have stayed silent all this time... unless they had absolutely no useful information at all (which seems unlikely) maybe mos is looking for backup from a scum buddy? After all anyone with a working knowledge of fbg games could claim coroner and make a whole lot of stuff up at this point.

Also a role that lets you know when the coroner dies seems a little well weak.

Otherwise a mass claim seems like an option but im just not sure how effective it will be when we havent had any roles revealed so far and if we have counterclaims theres no way of establishing whether we lynch the right person. Seems pretty easy for the scum to fake a claim (although non-fbg scum might certainly make a mistake).

Oh i am not the coroner 8)
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:55 pm

Post by Myopia »

this is crazy...

2 people sliced and diced

a new kill with someone beheaded

mos alive again?

if that haul of dead bodies didnt include any scum i dont much like our chances

not to look a gift horse in the mouth but im also finding it strange that with so many kills we still have confirmed innocents left: quailman and to a lesser extent baby jesus

any reason why we shouldnt just lynch mos again? for mine he was close to confirmed scum at the later end of yesterday. anything to say mos?
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:24 pm

Post by Myopia »

vote mastermind of sin

die die die
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:07 pm

Post by Myopia »

I cant believe some of you guys are buying this crap from Mos.

Frankly i believe BJ (hm cant believe im saying that). The method of the execution was entirely consistent with a town role rather than an "assassin type" and the vote manipulation is consistent as well.

From Mos we have a claim of partial coroner/investigator (well he made some stuff up about two people), a power that knows when the coroner dies and wow just because, a single lynch immunity. This makes sense how?

If its true why did Mos act the way he did yesterday? He claimed "I know when the coroner dies" and then kept his mouth shut til he was lynched. This helped the town how? Why didnt he at least say "oh guys im pro-town but if you lynch me ill just come back tommorow"?

Why does he have some coroner results and not others? Seol and Iammers were early kills where are the rest? Why not claim investigator before now?

For mine its blatantly obvious that Mos is scum who was trying to confirm whether the coroner was indeed dead before he was lynched. He may or may not have known that he would come back to life. Now he just throwing a whole bunch of crap in the air and seeing what happens.

Or does anyone really think (as Mos argues) that there is still a coroner role in the game that hasnt bothered to come out yet?

Same thing applies as yesterday. If a coroner comes out and clears him then Ill think twice. Until then he is scum, scum, scum.
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:57 am

Post by Myopia »

I dont think mos' latest version gels with his play yesterday. At all. He practically invited a lynch with his "i know when the coroner dies version". No comment that we were wasting our lynch because he would come back.

Why? Because it gave the scum another night to kill thats why.

Cut the aggresive crap Mos. Youve brought all this on yourself. If you are town your play yesterday was abysmal.

What I would like at this point is an explanation as to his comments that once he dies roles will be revealed on death. Where do you get this from?
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:23 pm

Post by Myopia »

Agh read all of mos's posts to look at the evidence that we have.

I just dont understand his play either way but am less convinced now that he must be scum.

My (highly abreviated analysis)

- first 25 posts or so - not a great deal of content (this is pretty relative though) - fairly scummy

- somewhere in there was a "i cant be lynched or night killed" joke claim - not sure what to make of this, mos prepping a later claim possibly but why not refer to it now?

- fight with vesuvan - mos being mos - cant tell one way or the other

- iammars dies - mos posts immediately after that the coroner would have results on iammers and that he was scum - scummy unless a mistake, pretty bad mistake to make though

- yesterdays play - mos lets himself be lynched without advising that he wont die - scummy

- but then theres this which makes me think that his play is more consistent than I allowed
Mastermind of Sin wrote:let's put it this way. I don't know who the coroner is, but I have a way to find out if he/she dies. I believe the coroner knows who I am, though. Perhaps that's why the coroner hasn't come out. If they trusted me, they would've seen that I counseled against the coroner coming out and followed my advice? I don't know.
- this does kind of jive with what he says now - he can find out if the coroner dies (because he gets the reports himself) and the coroner must know who he is because the coroner appointed him;

- one problem is why didnt he allow for the fact that the coroner might have died during the night he was blocked? he hasnt said this but i can only assume it means that he was told that he would be informed by the mod if the coroner died

- lastly the main role appointing the deputy and the deputy assuming the main role if the main role dies seems to be fairly common in fbg games (and is quite similar to thesp and his unnamed deputy presuming they are still alive although maybe thats where he got the idea from);

- this leaves the following questions for mos:

1. when were you appointed assistant coroner;

2. do you get results a day late as youve implied;

3. have you received anything from the mod saying that youve been promoted or that the coroner died (i can only presume that the fact of promotion would be notified to you) when zippy died;

4. why do you think that if you die all further results will be revealed;

5. can you give us a full claim of your original "unkillable role" please.

- I guess im prepared to accept that mos isnt just making up the fact that he is the assistant coroner (which I thought before) but im just not sure whether hes equally likely to be scum or town.
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:21 pm

Post by Myopia »

My vote is staying on Mos despite his recent defence.

I do believe now that he is an assistant coroner (where ill admit earlier in the day I thought was a complete fabrication).

The question is whether he has (to my mind) played badly in keeping us in the dark until he is on the verge of a second lynch and made mistakes in iammers role or is scum that has simply failed to reveal the information he has been given.

While I find myself often disagreeing with Mos I just cant see him reasonably playing the way he has as town. At the heart of it I just cant get past the issue that vesuvan referred to above - his story that he didnt come out because he has a second life just doesnt gel with the fact that weve been floundering in the dark all game and his not revealing any information has hurt us. He is a more experienced player than that.

I also cant find any thing at all from zippy's posts that is conducive to him being the coroner.

I think he remains the best lynch for today.
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:46 am

Post by Myopia »

Its possible there was a correlation between the slice and dice killer killing twice and Mos dying.

I agree with baby jesus - hes either scum or town. If hes scum we lynch him, if hes town we dont.
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:21 pm

Post by Myopia »

A strong mafia (so many abilities) with recruitment as well was always going to be very hard to beat. With so little info it was pretty much impossible. Losing the coroner and detective before they could fully recruit was just awful.

Pretty much every time I investigated someone they died or ended up dead. It was never advantageous to come out. I figured massive was mafia but my view ended up as "townie". I didnt think a role cop would be avoided by an investigative immunity. I investigated leonidas on the penultimate night and he came up mafia so I said nothing when he was lynched. The other option was twozerobux which I was 95% sure was scum but having a guilty read on leonidas I didnt see much difference in who to kill.

I only thought about the possibility of recruitment in the endgame but by then it was way too late (and frankly I just lost interest by the last day). BJ and vesuvan were clearly (to me) town early. Im interested to see when they were recruited.

Honestly Mos. Stop continuing the same arguments from the game and please just have a think about why people may have been confused by your play.

Thanks to the mod. The game ended up horrendously lop-sided but it was as much a combination of bad luck and poor town play that it ended up that way. I am liking mafia recruitment less and less in the games I play though.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”